• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth's_Bond

Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I thought the movie was good, for the most part. Like most fans, I read all four books, so I did have expectations of the movie, and I know it's impossible to follow the book to its smallest detail, but some parts of the movie could have been different.

Wicked

absurdiam
I hate the part when they ran, more like float or glide. Whatever they called it.

Oh, sparkling in the sun? Looked like he was sweating. pfft, it was alright overall but the lack of detail compaired to the book was annoying. Lets see what the new director does with New Moon, hope they stay true to the book a bit more. Hopefully, she reads around the net.

LionHeart14

i think the thing that people need to understand is that this is the first movie in the series. THEY. HAVE. TIME. RESTRICTIONS. they have to leave things out. i mean come on, the book is like 500 pages long. I was watching a review for this movie and the person said this, but i agree; they said that since this is the first movie in the series, they cant afford for it to be too long. they need to make sure that people will come and see them before they make a 3 hour movie. that persons kinda right ya know. you cant watch a movie based on a book you've read expecting it to be as good as the book. its just not gonna happen. But in my opinion twilight was pretty close to the book. I reread the book recently and i was suprized to find a lot of lines that were in the movie in the book.
Now obviously with a movie like Eragon you cant do that because that movie just sucked so much its not even funny but, thats off topic :p

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
i think the thing that people need to understand is that this is the first movie in the series. THEY. HAVE. TIME. RESTRICTIONS. they have to leave things out. i mean come on, the book is like 500 pages long. I was watching a review for this movie and the person said this, but i agree; they said that since this is the first movie in the series, they cant afford for it to be too long. they need to make sure that people will come and see them before they make a 3 hour movie. that persons kinda right ya know. you cant watch a movie based on a book you've read expecting it to be as good as the book. its just not gonna happen. But in my opinion twilight was pretty close to the book. I reread the book recently and i was suprized to find a lot of lines that were in the movie in the book.
Now obviously with a movie like Eragon you cant do that because that movie just sucked so much its not even funny but, thats off topic :p

^
Your post is void due to having a picture of Twilight in your signature.
But alas.....

Fuck time restrictions!

You say its about 500 pages, but about 450 of those pages are 'Edward is so dreamy'
I'm sure they could do a better job.

Wicked

absurdiam
I still think it was a great movie, but the little things pissed me off. Like the shining in the sun thing and the way the run.

LionHeart14

^
Your post is void due to having a picture of Twilight in your signature.
But alas.....

Fuck time restrictions!

You say its about 500 pages, but about 450 of those pages are 'Edward is so dreamy'
I'm sure they could do a better job.

well yeah i do admit i may be a bit biased lol. but it still is a 500 page novel, even if it is just "Edward is dreamy" which, it is a bit of a love story so... yeah. They could have done better, but they didnt. so i say just take it for what it is and for what it is, i enjoyed it. I think the movies will get better as they go on, since they'll have more money to work with.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
The reason Stephanie Meyer had to market this shit to teens is because they're the only ones who believe that the character of Bella is truly in love with Edward.

Seriously, have any of you ever heard the rants that Bella goes on in this fucking book? They never have to do with anything involving true love, she just keeps going on about how seductive and tempting he is. The book is about lust, yet the characters pretend that it's about love, and for some reason, all the little teenagers who read this shit seem to think it's about love, as well.

Not that I have a problem with lust or anything, I'm actually a big fan of it. I just don't like how an entire generation of kids are going apeshit about this book, and yet almost all of them have completely missed the point of the book.

Maybe this kind of shit is why we have so many young divorces and teen pregnancies nowadays. Not specifically Twilight(hasn't been around long enough to be the cause for this problem), but books similar to it. I work in a book store, I've seen our teen section, so please don't try to tell me that there aren't a lot of books that are exactly like Twilight out there.

Wicked

absurdiam
The reason Stephanie Meyer had to market this shit to teens is because they're the only ones who believe that the character of Bella is truly in love with Edward.

Seriously, have any of you ever heard the rants that Bella goes on in this fucking book? They never have to do with anything involving true love, she just keeps going on about how seductive and tempting he is. The book is about lust, yet the characters pretend that it's about love, and for some reason, all the little teenagers who read this shit seem to think it's about love, as well.

Maybe this kind of shit is why we have so many young divorces and teen pregnancies nowadays. Not specifically Twilight(hasn't been around long enough to be the cause for this problem), but books similar to it. I work in a book store, I've seen our teen section, so please don't try to tell me that there aren't a lot of books that are exactly like Twilight out there.

The love between Edward and Bella is bullshit. I like Twilight because of the supernatural element.

But the book is aimed at teenage girls, and it worked. I see the effect it has aswell, seeming I am a guy, and everyone is obsessed.

LionHeart14

breaking dawns a great book, but i just wish there was at least some fighting at the end.
Stephanie Meyer said she didnt make the fight happen because that would mean most of Bella's family and friends would end up dying and she wanted Bella's story to have a happy ending. Well, technically she didnt have to kill off any of the Cullens. She could have just killed some of the vampires who were just introduced and no one cared about.

I'm going to compare this to the Deathly Hollows. There are some characters that die that people were very attached to but the story had a happy ending nontheless. Personally i think the Harry Potter series couldnt have ended better. But it feels like the Twilight series didnt actually end. I heard that SM may continue the story in Renesmee's POV. I think she should and this time, have an actual climactic ending. Of course, id rather have it in Bella's point of view, but i'd be fine with Renesmee i guess. I would say Jacob because he's really interesting in BD, but if she did that the whole story would be renesmee renesmee renesmee which... idt anyone would want that :D!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's my favourite because of everyone uses there abilties and stuff. It's awsome.
fd25f883a01ac653549198czh1.gif

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Stephanie Meyer said she didnt make the fight happen because that would mean most of Bella's family and friends would end up dying and she wanted Bella's story to have a happy ending.

Bullshit, more like she doesn't know how to write beyond
"Edward is so dreamy"

When it comes to everything else, she falls flat on her face.

LionHeart14

Bullshit, more like she doesn't know how to write beyond
"Edward is so dreamy"

When it comes to everything else, she falls flat on her face.

i dont know... i thought eclipse was handled nicely. had a nice balance of romance and conflict. the only thing im disapointed about is the anti climactic not-fight at the end of breaking dawn. That and i dont like renesmee that much, but whatever. thats something we're not gonna get around if she continues the story. especially if she does it in renesmee's POV...

LionHeart14

You saw my previous point didn't you?

Meyer + Writing about fights = shit.

....yeeeeah lol. but, i still liked the book :E

when/if (which they probably will) they make breaking dawn into a movie, i say they do what they did in twilight and add at least a small fight at the end. I'm kinda tryin to figure out how they could do that without anyone important dying...
if they keep it the same as the book, it'll make for a horrible movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back