• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Traverse Town Partner Speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I'm studying to be a psychologist and I've thought about that before, but I'm one of the very few people who thinks that they aren't entering a dream, but that they are the dream themselves and everything else around them is real. :| It'd be reusing FFX's thing, but it could happen.

If it were a dream and they were new completely new characters never seen before (original, FF, or Disney), this could be something like Inception where they are inserted into Sora and Riku's dreams. Or something. *goes back to eating dinner before trying to think*

blueheart

Bronze Member
Because Traverse Town is the culmination of bits of worlds who have lost their hearts to darkness and therefore was never its own world with its own inhabitants.

Oh, alright then.

If it's not Disney characters, it will be FF ones. Calling it now.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So I'm studying to be a psychologist and I've thought about that before, but I'm one of the very few people who thinks that they aren't entering a dream, but that they are the dream themselves and everything else around them is real. :| It'd be reusing FFX's thing, but it could happen.

If it were a dream and they were new completely new characters never seen before (original, FF, or Disney), this could be something like Inception where they are inserted into Sora and Riku's dreams. Or something. *goes back to eating dinner before trying to think*

Hmmm, that's a pretty interesting concept. And also... a huge flipping mind fuck. XD

billyzanesucks

Original characters would be nice, but why would we have new original characters? And why would they be in our party when we've never had new original characters in our part before (minus BBS but they were the stars of the game, and Xion but she was also a main character)

Why would you hate Max?
Donald and Goofy were obviously in KHII because they were with Sora in KH and CoM. The Org was in Days because it was an interquel and it fit. But 3D is the latest chronological game, and we know it doesn't have Donald and Goofy. We don't have enough information to make a good guess of what form they'll take.
Now what I'm about to say follows the logic of psychology and is purely based on the premise that the game is a dream. A person in a dream has to either based off of a person one knows in real life or can be made of many elements of different people the dreamer has seen. Thus, one cannot see a person who is unlike anyone one has seen. Now, I'm not saying Kingdom Hearts has to follow psychology, but if it did, then that would mean characters like Max couldn't be in it IF it were a dream, as Sora has never seen anyone like him (yes, he has seen Goofy, but Max is a completely different character than Goofy with many different aspects to him). This makes me think that the characters he meets will almost appear like Xion as she did to Roxas, the characters will look like people he knew, but with a slight twist. That is ONLY if the game is in a dream.
Since there are entirely new Disney worlds, I doubt that's the case here.

Kara

I think, they will be original characters. If not... Cecil and Kain, anyone? Don't want them in KH, but they fit with KH3D themes.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It's me and and a clone of me. sorry for the spoilers.

But I' putting my money on Isa and Lea or (I hope) it's Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia or Larxene's sombody

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I can'
t think of anyone except for somebodies, which -as stated before- wouldn't appear unless made from the elements of other people. If it was a dream.

I'll say Marluixa and Demyx nobodies

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Technically, the somebodies would be new and original characters, seeing as they aren't exactly the same as their nobody counterparts.And Marluxia would be pissed at Xemnas.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Then I hope to be teamed with a pink haired character with a strange name

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Traverse Town could have new inhabitants. What's stopping heartless from destroying other worlds? I seriously doubt Sora sealed all of their keyholes.

So Disney characters: possible.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I'm thinking Lea definitely and probably Isa too. The idea of Marluxia and Larxene's Somebodies teaming up with Sora is just plain ludicrous to me. Honestly, I see Braig being more likely to team up with Sora than either of them. That said, I could see Demyx's Somebody being good, I suppose.

And honestly, why hasn't anyone thrown out Luxord's Somebody into the equation? xD Wasn't Luxord Nomura's favorite Org member?

blueheart

Bronze Member
Traverse Town could have new inhabitants. What's stopping heartless from destroying other worlds? I seriously doubt Sora sealed all of their keyholes.

So Disney characters: possible.

This. I'm really hoping it will be Disney characters, or FF ones. I really don't want Somebodies to come, at least not until KH3.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And honestly, why hasn't anyone thrown out Luxord's Somebody into the equation? xD Wasn't Luxord Nomura's favorite Org member?

Yes, Nomura's favorite Org. member is Luxord lol, which is funny because he seems to rank towards the bottom of favorite Org. member xP

WAIT! I just thought of something! Now stay with me here, but what if the whole game is a dream. However, some of the memories Sora is experiencing are from the hidden data AtW hid inside him. Thus, the Hunchback of Notre Dame world is a world that Ansem once visited and somehow recorded in his data because it was for some reason or other, special. Likewise, these "partners" of Sora's could be people Ansem met that he put in his reports. Now I know that Lea and Isa had strong hearts, so maybe for some reason they were put in his research. If DDD's worlds and characters are a mix of Ansem's data and Sora's/Roxas'/Ventus' memories, we could see some interesting things appear. All the somebodies from the Org. could be in his reasearch as well, which could prompt Sora to meet the somebody of Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, etc.

Just a thought, if it is plausible...please tell me why :)

billyzanesucks

The idea of the org being your teammates seems random and farfetched. I don't see why it would make more sense than anyone else.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It doesn't make sense but Nomura said "new characters" so they would be "new"...I'm still more convinced it is a Disney character and FF character.

Zul

Awards
Disney characters would contribute towards making Disney more involved in the main plot(so long as the companions aren't just left as un-developed damage chunks).

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Probably a new Disney arrival to Traverse Town. Those who's lost their worlds somehow migrate to Traverse Town, right? It could always be a final fantasy character as well seeing how Sora interacted with FFs long before he did with Donald and Goofy.

Megavoltage

Awards
The idea of Marluxia and Larxene's Somebodies teaming up with Sora is just plain ludicrous to me.
I like this idea because we'd finally learn more about Marluxia and Larxene. But it is hard to imagine them helping Sora.
Maybe they could trick Sora into thinking that they want to be redeemed by helping him fight against Xemnas but secretly plan to kill Sora when the timing is right or something like that?

I would really like it if the Organization 13's Somebodies start helping out Sora and Riku. But I think it's just two new Disney characters in Traverse Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back