• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (2010)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
Re: Tim Burton's - Alice in Wonderland (2010)

has anybody read The Looking Glass Wars?
this new movie reminds me of how the book would look in a movie, since the books are just a darker and gorier version of Alice in Wonderland

i am actually looking foward to seeing this, at least ever since i finished those books

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

This will be okay but won't be as amazing as their last movie together.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards

Wow it`s live action? I`ll still see it.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

No doubt this is going to be a twisted and dark film. I mean, it's Tim Burton. How dark though?

Weill Tim also did Charlie and the Chocolate factory which while having a dark theme in it still ended up beinga kids story. he'll probably do the same thing, and danny elfman will probably if not alread be doign music

Trag

Bronze Member

So this isn't even about the original Alice in Wonderland? It's about some dick that wasn't original enough to write his own story so he twisted a good story into a shitty interpretation? It'll make mad cash.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com

This will be okay but won't be as amazing as their last movie together.

Do you mean Sweeny Todd? It's a bit silly to compare Alice in Wonderland to Sweeny Todd, considering they are on two completely different ends of the spectrum. And we haven't even seen a trailer yet, so we really can't make judgments, yet.

^Yeah it's more like a hybrid. CG mixed with LA

Like Lord of the Rings on steroids.

Weill Tim also did Charlie and the Chocolate factory which while having a dark theme in it still ended up beinga kids story. he'll probably do the same thing, and danny elfman will probably if not alread be doign music

I think Burton will probably go in this direction. He won't try to make it into another Batman Returns, where we all leave the theater contemplating suicide. There will most certainly be some dark elements, as it's Burton's niche, but I imagine there will be some light-hearted, fantasy aspects to the film as well. And if Helena Bonham Carter is cast, and plays the Queen of Hearts (I hope), we can predict it's going to be just a tad kick-ass, too.

So this isn't even about the original Alice in Wonderland? It's about some dick that wasn't original enough to write his own story so he twisted a good story into a shitty interpretation? It'll make mad cash.

I'm not sure if the movie is based off of the original novel, or other source materials. I haven't heard anything official, although that doesn't mean anything hasn't been released.

But I do hope Burton at least takes some things from the novel; it was a good novel, too. :(

Shadowfaith

As much as I think he will do an amazing job of this...I was hoping he would try his hand at something original instead. I mean he made Sweeney Todd and now he's remaking another. I wouldn't mind seeing something that came from his own mind, even if this Alice in Wonderland is going to be completely changed. I'm not complaining, not by a long shot...I don't think there could be a better Director to be trusted with this, but seeing something completely Tim Burton would be nice XP

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

Tim Burton you say? I'm actually happy! Maybe he'll do it some justice. I like his dark spin on things. They're always pleasently disturbing. *snogs Sweeny Todd*

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If you hadn't noticed more and more movies are being based on books, or musicals

A

Anima Relic

Wooo. It's finally come.

You know this is not the original Alice he's doing. He's making a film of American Mcgee's Alice. You know, the video game.

WOOT WOOT TIM BURTON!!!! Finally someone has the ballz to turn that game into live action. I don't like the girl playing Alice, she doesn't look crazy enough to play the part. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter=win

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards

WOOT WOOT TIM BURTON!!!! Finally someone has the ballz to turn that game into live action. I don't like the girl playing Alice, she doesn't look crazy enough to play the part. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter=win

Johnny Depp's playing the Mad Hatter. This movie just might be epic win.

The girl playing Alice is kind of cute.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Tim Burton was cool 15 years ago. The fact that his style hasn't evolved at all is a bit annoying imo. Although, AiW will none-the-less benefit from it. It's appropriate for this movie in particular, but overall, I'm getting bored with him.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata

Wooo. It's finally come.

You know this is not the original Alice he's doing. He's making a film of American Mcgee's Alice. You know, the video game.

Source plz? What I've read (aka wikipedia) says it's based on the book.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com

According to IMDB, American McGee's Alice was an entirely different movie by a different director that has currently been put on hold - therefore, we can conclude that Burton's Alice in Wonderland will probably be based upon the book.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame

I personally find that Burton's dark approach at the film doesn't reflect the style of the original book at all, it looks like it could be interesting but I've seen just about enough of AiW interpreted as a sick twisted world spewed forth from the incredibly deranged Lewis Carroll's mind, so I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Like I said though, it looks like it could be interesting, though I have my doubts. Tim Burton's style isn't anything that special, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back