• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (2010)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Thinking back it seems the film it had too much focus on the hatter. Even the ads for the film. I don't think they'd even do that if it wasn't Depp playing him.
That was the first thing I noticed from ads and promotions. I'm kind of peeved they did that; I mean Alice isn't even in the center of the Blu-ray combo pack/DVD cover and isn't even featured on the cover for the single disc Blu-ray or the album's soundtrack. I understand putting Johnny Depp as the big name on the cover, but not just his face and not the titular character.
Contrariwise, I still enjoyed the film after excusing some of the mistakes they made to it (i.e. naming the Jabberwock the 'Jabberwocky' when that's just the name of the poem), and I really appreciated some of the homages to the books die-hard Alice fans would get a kick out of.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Eh, I saw it on DVD when my sister got it. I'm glad I didnt pay to see it in theaters. D;

Wasn't that great to me. Both the visuals and story were mediocre at best in my opinion.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I agree, it's what Burton's been doing in every single film he's ever made. Alice gets turned into a feminist caricature. :/

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Film is on pay per view so I'll pay to watch it next week.

Cheaper than a trip to the cinema.

I don't see this being amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back