• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Academy : Where We Seek to Improve Ourselves, and Others

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepulchre

Awards
I'm quite interested in the 'open thread' idea. I can't really see it getting in anyone's way, and I imagine it would serve as an excellent method of showcasing your own teaching methods for other would-be students. It could also, perhaps, help others who have the same problems with their writing as myself. In case the idea isn't met favourably, however, I'd be willing to work through PM's instead.

Regardless, give me a day or so and I'll have a piece of material ready. I'm close to falling asleep at the keyboard right now, so any attempt at writing I make will likely degenerate into some garbled pile of nonsense I'd rather not have attached to my name. >.>

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Mentors and moderators, what do you think of hosting 'classes' in threads? That way even the people who don't officially sign up can still learn from us by browsing through the threads, and mentors can learn what teaching methods are effective from each other.

That sounds like a good idea, but I have a feeling that something like that would take up the entire first page. Unless, of course, that it becomes a sub-forum of Roleplaying: "Classes" or something. Forget about it being "good", it actually sound brilliant. It's what RL teachers do: learn from their coworker's/predecessor's tactics... I think...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
That sounds like a good idea, but I have a feeling that something like that would take up the entire first page. Unless, of course, that it becomes a sub-forum of Roleplaying: "Classes" or something. Forget about it being "good", it actually sound brilliant. It's what RL teachers do: learn from their coworker's/predecessor's tactics... I think...

I LOVE the sound of that idea(what's bolded). Sounds like it could be quite useful. :D

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I like the idea of a subsection for Classes.

We can each make a topic about what we want to give to everyone and there can be a sticky that is a glossary for all the threads.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Me likes the idea, but I'd personally want it section-ized to where you don't gain post count there.

One, you're improving yourself outside of RPs; Two, it's just as liable to fill up with spam, regardless; it'll be a little more manageable that way.

Plus if you really want to help people and vice versa, there shouldn't be a problem with that.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Two, it's just as liable to fill up with spam

I hope the respective mentors will control this; no one wants to trudge through pages of spam to reach, maybe, one post with a real lesson. If this subforum gets the go ahead, the threads in the Academy should be reserved for teaching and nothing else.

I agree that posts here should be excluded from the count.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Yeah, the Classes sub-forum could just go into the Sign-Ups and Discussion area. I mean, they already changed it to "and Discussion"; I think it'd make sense.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Unless, of course, that it becomes a sub-forum of Roleplaying: "Classes" or something.
Unlikely. I asked of the possibility of a Order Ranks sub-section of Battles being made, and that was both more established and more prevalent than this.
I hope the respective mentors will control this; no one wants to trudge through pages of spam to reach, maybe, one post with a real lesson.
I'd likely be patrolling the various threads in there, not to mention.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
That is one too many clicks to make; better to have it as an additional subforum rather than a sub-subforum. Sign-Ups and Discussion should be reserved for RPs.

[EDIT] And the idea has just been vetoed. Back to nonexistence, then.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Or how about this.

We post all the classes in this section, but we put an appropriate prefix?

One called "Class" or something?

ALSO, WHO WANTS A SPECIAL RANKING THAT IS FOR CLASS ONLY?

/sarcasm

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A Class ► prefix is certainly a possibility if this picks up enough.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
A Class ► prefix is certainly a possibility if this picks up enough.

I think this is a much better idea than having a whole new section, but yeah things have to pick up a bit first.

I don't want this to become another 'beta readers thread;' a great idea that very few took advantage of.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Hey man, I want a mentor. Teach me.

Worth noting that I don't give a shit about battles.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Are you looking to improve in anything in particular or making an all-round, general improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back