• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The requirements to being emo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
That quiz is unrealistic.

I score way higher then I should because I'm not horrifically ignorant.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
[ ] i like skinny jeans
[x] music is my life.
[x] i write poetry/song lyrics
[x] my hair covers part of my face. (or i wish)
[x] i wear band shirts.
[x] i know who Jeffree Star is.
[x] i wear/wore Converse.
[ ] i wear/wore vans
[ ] i wear/have worn eyeliner.
[x] I listen to Saves The Day, Chiodos, Thursday and/or Gym Class Heroes.

Total: 7

[ ] I'm/was in a band.
[ ] my Multiply screen name has an x in it
[x] I understand that My Chemical Romance is not emo
[x] I also understand that Green Day is not emo
[x] I know what mosh means.
[ ] I sit in corners often
[ ] I dislike MTV
[x] I take pictures of myself a lot
[x] Especially ones when you can't see my whole face

Total: 12

[x] I'm lost without a CD player/MP3 player/ IPod
[x] I know that emo is not just a stereotype
[ ] I have/had thick rimmed glasses
[ ] I have/had issues with bi/gay people
[x] I hate the president
[ ] I have/had a mohawk
[ ] I wear/have worn black nail polish
[ ] I hate my mom
[ ] I hate my dad(step)
[ ] I hate where i live
[x] Black is a great color
[ ] I do/have cut myself

Total: 16

[x] Right now, I am listening to music
[ ] I know what hxc and sxe mean
[ ] Multiply=love
[x] Hot Topic doesn't scare me
[ ] I wear/have worn studded belts
[ ] I have/had a body part signed by a band
[ ] I've cried while listening to Dashboard Confessional
[ ] For Guys: I have kissed another guy
[ ] For girls: I have worn skinny jeans
[ ] I have/had dyed my hair black
[x] My closet is mostly filled with black or dark clothes
[ ] I cry a lot
[x] I write on myself
[x] I have been called emo before
[ ] I've done drugs before
[x] I listen to undiscovered bands

Total: 22

Total the totals
Times your overall by 3 and that is how emo you are
Post this as: I am___ % emo

66%?

Multiplying it by two seems more reasonable, so, 44%.

Either way It's stupid. Also, emo kids piss me off.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I score a 40% after doubling it.

That is one inaccurate quiz.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Guardian Soul, do I piss you off? *big puppy dog eyes*

Well it depends, the kinds of people who are stereotypically emo due to them being depressed and cutting themselves piss me off, because they don't appreciate life and can't just suck it up, they complain about how miserable their lives are and It's so annoying.

Not all of them are like that though, some just dress that way.

I guess I just don't like negative people who inflict self-harm, I think It's pathetic.

Riku's New Look

The Land of The Fallen Angels (Houston, TX)
Website
www.angelscraft.proboards85.com
Well it depends, the kinds of people who are stereotypically emo due to them being depressed and cutting themselves piss me off, because they don't appreciate life and can't just suck it up, they complain about how miserable their lives are and It's so annoying.

Not all of them are like that though, some just dress that way.

I guess I just don't like negative people who inflict self-harm, I think It's pathetic.
OK, there we go. ^_^ I agree with you there, but that wont stop me from hanging with those people I end talking a lot of those people out of doing stuff like that.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I'll admit this:
I used to cut
I used to abuse alchohal
I used to do drugs
But unlike what most people think, I didn't do it for attention. I actually did it for years without most people finding out. It's only when I was caught by the people that I love that I realized it wasn't the way to deal with my stress. I started right after the time my mom was beaten in front of me by my dad till she had half her hair ripped out and a black eye that covered half of her face. After that I had to deal with a stepfather that verbally abused my mother and the rest of my family. I was cheated on by a girfriend for the first time, and i was regurlurly beaten up at school. I really didn't know what to do with myself until I discovered how easily I would give in to peer pressure. I was told many things would make my life "Better" in a sense. It was only recently that I had decided to stop hurting myself with chemicals, or a razor blade. So I guess hurting yourself is really considered being Emo. But it's a stereotype. It is not a requierment,so to speak, of being emo.

Riku's New Look

Website
I'll admit this:
I used to cut
I used to abuse alchohal
I used to do drugs
But unlike what most people think, I didn't do it for attention. I actually did it for years without most people finding out. It's only when I was caught by the people that I love that I realized it wasn't the way to deal with my stress. I started right after the time my mom was beaten in front of me by my dad till she had half her hair ripped out and a black eye that covered half of her face. After that I had to deal with a stepfather that verbally abused my mother and the rest of my family. I was cheated on by a girfriend for the first time, and i was regurlurly beaten up at school. I really didn't know what to do with myself until I discovered how easily I would give in to peer pressure. I was told many things would make my life "Better" in a sense. It was only recently that I had decided to stop hurting myself with chemicals, or a razor blade. So I guess hurting yourself is really considered being Emo. But it's a stereotype. It is not a requierment,so to speak, of being emo.
Thanks, Bwak, for backing me up.

D

Deleted member 36435

1) Wrists
2) Sharp Object
3) Blood
4) Cuttable flesh

O

Oberon

I had no idea there were requirements for having emotions.

News to me.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
You guys suck at emo.
Use a box-cutter or a the lid of a tin can. Much more effective.

Also, when you die in a pool of crimson liquid on the bathroom floor from being an serious hero, be sure to scatter newspaper or towels (old ones, not the new ones your mom bought, that's just mean) underneath you so that your parents don't have to mop up after sending you to the coroner's.

Be sure to give your pants to people who need them before sending yourself off as well, like 8 year old girls.

Preferably cut yourself naked, so you can view your pointless existence in its nude glory (or lack thereof) as you bleed and also eliminate the chances of ruining the nice emo clothes your mom bought for you at Hot Topic with blood.

Be sure to have your iPod hooked up and earbuds already drilled in your canals so you can have epic Hawthorne Heights theme music to send yourself off when you die.

Also, be sure to bleed out as much as you can before you die. This way you leave the funeral home less work to do with removing your blood, and can just skip to the shooting you up with embalming fluids part.

Last, but not least, break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend/both via txt before doing the deed. Leave a long rant of a letter in sloppy cursive for your parents telling them how much you hate them for making you stay home and work on your homework the night of a big Linkin Park concert. Leave a bloody fingerprint as a signature.

Have fun! :D

Last edited:

Dark_Seraphim

Wherever I feel like landing while I flying.
Website
www.myspace.com
i always thought emo was just naming someone that had constant mood changes

even so, its still stereotyped
h3ll i hurt myself only cuz im stupid and forget that guitar strings have bending and stretching limitations, so it breaks and hits me and i bleed XD

so i consider myself an idiot if you will

but its a stereotyped word

Riku's New Look

Website
i always thought emo was just naming someone that had constant mood changes

even so, its still stereotyped
h3ll i hurt myself only cuz im stupid and forget that guitar strings have bending and stretching, so it breaks and hits me and i bleed XD

but its a stereotyped word
lol, again, thank you!
Reflection: You the discussion threads are meant to be serious, right?
Besides its not whether or not they are serious, its the fact that people who can't tell, like really really can't tell and take that stuff to heart and believe that thats the way to think will read that and go "OH< OK, so thats what Emo is and THATS how they work....."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back