• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Corey Burton On Voice Acting

Seeing as in YX sat in one of the thrones in DDD and according to Nomura only the 13th member is missing, I guess the chance for more Young Xehanort in KH III is pretty high.
Maybe he'll even be the one who goes around the worlds when SDG are searching for "the key to return hearts" and troll them on every opportunity. *ggg*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The advantage for girls and women of having no voice break I guess, lol.
I remember with HJO and his Sora role it was getting already awkward to some because of male voices naturally getting deeper with age.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

The advantage for girls and women of having no voice break I guess, lol.
I remember with HJO and his Sora role it was getting already awkward to some because of male voices naturally getting deeper with age.

I was okay with Sora's voice change from KH1 to KH2 because that was actually natural for Sora's age. lol But it was weird when they released Re:CoM which took place almost immediately after KH1 and Sora had his KH2 voice. xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

went back to sony to check the demo

confirmed all returning VAs for Days

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

okay let talk some kh3 voice actors predetions

sora: haley joel osment
kairi:hayden or alyson stoner?
riku:david gallagher
donald:tony
goofy: bill farmer
mickey: bret irwin
roxas: jessie mcararty ?
namine:brittany snow ?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Namine hasn't been voiced by Brittany Snow since KH2. Since then Meaghan Jette Martin has taken over the role for all her appearances.

Donald - Tony Anselmo
Mickey - Bret Iwan

Of course Jesse McCartney will be returning for Roxas and Ven. Kairi though, is the one that's up in the air. The casting for her has been everything but consistent in recent years; Hayden has only returned for small roles and Alyson Stoner has done the rest. It really depends on Hayden's schedule.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Namine hasn't been voiced by Brittany Snow since KH2. Since then Meaghan Jette Martin has taken over the role for all her appearances.

Donald - Tony Anselmo
Mickey - Bret Iwan

Of course Jesse McCartney will be returning for Roxas and Ven. Kairi though, is the one that's up in the air. The casting for her has been everything but consistent in recent years; Hayden has only returned for small roles and Alyson Stoner has done the rest. It really depends on Hayden's schedule.

i think hayden will return as kairi depend on schedule if alyson stoner that fine hoping for hayden why not end the saga with her and maybe have alyson stoner does the next one

Gram

Banned
Awards

Young Xehanort- Benjamin Diskin

i think hayden will return as kairi depend on schedule if alyson stoner that fine hoping for hayden why not end the saga with her and maybe have alyson stoner does the next one

I kinda hope Stoner does take over the role.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Should we ever end up seeing 14 year old Sora again, either by way of flashback or in some future title.. I think Haley just can't do it. We need someone who can sound like a kid. People continually accept Haley's voice as Sora because it's what we've always had, and we're used to it, but if KH:DDD was the first title in the series (for some insane reason) everybody would be scratching their head at the main character's crazy voice.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Not entirely, since the japanese sora voice sounder older in KH1 than hjo.

sonickenshin

Awards

It's a good bet Kirk Thornton, Richard Epcar, Paul St. Peter and Quinton Flynn will come back. Leonard Nimoy's getting pretty old though. hm.

moonstar_xo

It's a good bet Kirk Thornton, Richard Epcar, Paul St. Peter and Quinton Flynn will come back. Leonard Nimoy's getting pretty old though. hm.

I think there's a good chance that Nimoy could return. KH3 is the last time we'll be seeing Xehanort, so unless he has any scheduling conflicts, I could see him coming back for a final time.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I think there's a good chance that Nimoy could return. KH3 is the last time we'll be seeing Xehanort, so unless he has any scheduling conflicts, I could see him coming back for a final time.
Agreed ^
If he can come back for one scene in DDD surely he can come back for one final tour of the role.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Agreed ^
If he can come back for one scene in DDD surely he can come back for one final tour of the role.

Yes but that was just one scene and I'm assuming he'll probably have as many scenes to voice in KH3 as he did in BBS. But I do hope he returns because it's such a great voice and I would hate to hear another person try it in the last (most likely) game that MX will appear in.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Aperently it's quite a problem for Nomura(and others) to get Yuko Miyamura to record lines.

- “I wanted to erase Evangelion" - About Yuko Miyamura’s infamous relationship with the Evangelion franchise and it’s creator Hideaki Anno

After finishing her work on Evangelion, between the stress of her sex scandal, having a stalker because of her voicing Asuka and many scary incidents with fans Miyamura moved to*Australia.*She’s then proceeding to do most of her voice work from studios there. *

So they have to ether have record in Australia, or haver her fly to Japan to record her lines.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aperently it's quite a problem for Nomura(and others) to get Yuko Miyamura to record lines.

- “I wanted to erase Evangelion" - About Yuko Miyamura’s infamous relationship with the Evangelion franchise and it’s creator Hideaki Anno

So they have to ether have record in Australia, or haver her fly to Japan to record her lines.

Really doubt it is a problem at all (It's a well known fact Anno was mentally ill and depressed during his time working on NGE and EoE and Miyamura had every right not to want to reprise Asuka, but this does not carry over to her other roles.)

She just does her lines in Australia in a booth while the Japanese voice director is on speaker phone, just as they do for the North American dubbing.

Why did you bring this up?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I thought it might effect how larxene is used in the series.

Back