• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Firstly, Vanitas is a spoiler yo, no HJO in daylight lol

First off: My bad for not putting the spoiler tag...
not everybody is perfect you know.

Secondly, not everybody is complaining about it. All the negativity just likes to come out at once in this thread (which is getting slightly irritating). I don't have a problem with ANY of the VAs so far, and I can't wait to hear more. Also Jesse's voice is different in this game to fit Ven, not Roxas. Roxas is a tragic story, but Ven is very similar to Sora, so his voice will be lighter and happier.

Second, I didn't say everybody was complaining was I? I would of literally used the word as well. I know many people were. And if they have opinions, they can voice it can't they? Not to say it doesn't get annoying because it does. FFF but I'm not one of those who's saying: 'Oh I don't like the voices! I won't play it!' No......I just think it can be better but like I also said before.....I tend to be opiniated/critical at times as well. Anyways, did you even read what I said? I implied I knew that and it was more like I was just wondering if they did. I didn't say there was a problem with it did I? Also, I didn't even say anything about him doing Roxas and plus I said he was doing Ven and I wanted to NOTE the differences and in case I didn't word that well, I'm telling you now. Just so you know before you start correcting me on that. I mean I cannot wait for Ven don't start mistaking me for that even.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign

First off: My bad for not putting the spoiler tag...
not everybody is perfect you know.

Second, I didn't say everybody was complaining was I? I would of literally used the word as well. I know many people were. And if they have opinions, they can voice it can't they? Not to say it doesn't get annoying because it does. FFF but I'm not one of those who's saying: 'Oh I don't like the voices! I won't play it!' No......I just think it can be better but like I also said before.....I tend to be opiniated/critical at times as well. Anyways, did you even read what I said? I implied I knew that and it was more like I was just wondering if they did. I didn't say there was a problem with it did I? Also, I didn't even say anything about him doing Roxas and plus I said he was doing Ven and I wanted to NOTE the differences and in case I didn't word that well, I'm telling you now. Just so you know before you start correcting me on that. I mean I cannot wait for Ven don't start mistaking me for that even.

Lol sorry! My comment wasn't meant to be so judgmental lol. It was mostly a general comment to this whole thread, not specifically you. I apologize again.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

And the more and more i listen to it, its not Bales

THIS! I listened to Terra's VA and a bunch of other Bale stuff recently and they may sound similar but not to the point where they sound exactly the same like people are saying. To be honest, Terra could be anybody. Heck, it may just be some random first-time voice actor.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

THIS! I listened to Terra's VA and a bunch of other Bale stuff recently and they may sound similar but not to the point where they sound exactly the same like people are saying. To be honest, Terra could be anybody. Heck, it may just be some random first-time voice actor.

It does kinda sound like him. And I don't think it will be a first time voice actor. Every other person is a pretty popular actor. It has to be somebody we sorta know of or somebody we really know of.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

To be honest, Terra could be anybody. Heck, it may just be some random first-time voice actor.

I don't think they'd choose someone who hadn't at least been in something in the past. Though I wouldn't be surprised if that "something" was a movie completely out of left field, and hence nearly impossible to predict. =/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

So guess what I found?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

There's also this: http://www.formspring.me/StonerAlyson/q/83025097 but I don't really think "I should be" confirms it for Kairi.

Key

Exile
Awards

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Whoah, REALLY?! No Hayden Penitierre? D: d'awwww.

Well, Alyson confirmed for Xion, but she didn't exactly sound sure for Kairi. Still a chance for Hayden ^^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

-prays for Hayden because she knows David will be Riku and since Haley is Vanitas we just need her to finish the original trio-

Allister Rose

French Lover

i'm glad Vanitas voice came out right despite i wasn't expecting much. but i defitnely expected more from aqua's VA. she doesnt give enough emotion as megumi tayoguchi and not to be nit picking, but i also don't like how she pronounces the R's.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Can i pray with you please? D:>

Yes, you may! :D Prayer will aid us in this time of need!

i'm glad Vanitas voice came out right despite i wasn't expecting much. but i defitnely expected more from aqua's VA. she doesnt give enough emotion as megumi tayoguchi and not to be nit picking, but i also don't like how she pronounces the R's.

See Allister Rose, Vanitas was fine. There was no need to worry. Aqua would sound better with sound effects behind her. And she has a weird accent despite being from LA. >_>

Key

Exile
Awards

Yes, you may! :D Prayer will aid us in this time of need!

yes, yes it does. *prays*

See Allister Rose, Vanitas was fine. There was no need to worry. Aqua would sound better with sound effects behind her. And she has a weird accent despite being from LA. >_>

She sounds okay, she's just a bit monotone at the beginning :/ remember she's never voice acted before.

and, like you said, she just sounds odd because there were no sound effects/the appropriate music in the background. :p

Allister Rose

French Lover

i don't think there's any reason to defend her, HJO first time of voice acting was actually pretty good.

still, if she doesn't have any expirirence than they shouldn't add her in the first place, or maybe be more strict with her.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

i don't think there's any reason to defend her, HJO first time of voice acting was actually pretty good.

still, if she doesn't have any expirirence than they shouldn't add her in the first place, or maybe be more strict with her.

Some are born with talent, and some develop talent over time, Allister. =/ HJO was four when he made his debut in the acting buisness as Forrest Gump, Jr. And Willa sounds great for her first time VAing. =/ The only issue I hear is the fruit speech. And yes, editing does play a problem with it.

And Allister, consider this thought: They wouldn't have hired her if she didn't do a good job. =/

Key

Exile
Awards

Cool down, Allister. XD Like you said, HJO did good on his first shot, so you should give Willa a break. Give her some time; if you noticed, she got better later on in the trailer. I particularly LOVED that "He's not as weak as you think" line.

I think you're being a bit hard on Willa. It's just a VA, it's nothing to really worry about. We don't want this to turn into the Sonic fanbase where half the fans refuse to play the games because of the VA's XD

EDIT~~

Some are born with talent, and some develop talent over time, Allister. =/ HJO was four when he made his debut in the acting buisness as Forrest Gump, Jr. And Willa sounds great for her first time VAing. =/ The only issue I hear is the fruit speech. And yes, editing does play a problem with it.

And Allister, consider this thought: They wouldn't have hired her if she didn't do a good job. =/

this person speaks the TRUTH. particularly the stuff in bold.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Cool down, Allister. XD Like you said, HJO did good on his first shot, so you should give Willa a break. Give her some time; if you noticed, she got better later on in the trailer. I particularly LOVED that "He's not as weak as you think" line.

I think you're being a bit hard on Willa. It's just a VA, it's nothing to really worry about. We don't want this to turn into the Sonic fanbase where half the fans refuse to play the games because of the VA's XD
thats a bit contradicting....but i guess?

your saying because HJO got it in the first time, that means i should give willa a break because she isn't doing so good at her first time????

i'm not a fan of willa as aqua's VA. i think it is ridiculous to worry about it with sonic, because it's a sonic game, but anything from SE, i would expect a little more. Even for english cast.

I'm not going to support willa simply because she did good "for her first time". As an RPG fan, i do expect VA to be slightly above satisfactory.

willa is jsut below that. why should i be less critical about her VAing aqua?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

thats a bit contradicting....but i guess?

your saying because HJO got it in the first time, that means i should give willa a break because she isn't doing so good at her first time????

No, we're saying wait until the game comes out to make your final judgement on her. =/ HJO proved that he did a great job on his first job VAing, and Willa deserves a fair listen.

i'm not a fan of willa as aqua's VA. i think it is ridiculous to worry about it with sonic, because it's a sonic game, but anything from SE, i would expect a little more. Even for english cast.

Yeah, I know, you already hold a bias opinion on her. =/

I'm not going to support willa simply because she did good "for her first time". As an RPG fan, i do expect VA to be slightly above satisfactory.

willa is jsut below that. why should i be less critical about her VAing aqua?

I disagree with you; Willa's great as Aqua IMO. =/ And my expectations are actually higher than yours if you only require "slightly above satisfactory".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back