• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Actually a lot of people were the complete opposite of Aqua as they are now compared to her, and Terra's old gameplay. The same can be said for Terra.

Aqua's can't be as bad as Alyson Stoner at the least for all who don't like her. Terra actually sounds like he fits his character age, and closer to his personality. His original japanese seiyuu sounded more deep that felt it was more based on Terra's masculine appearance despite myself still enjoying him.

It's kind of hard to make a complete judgment based on a few lines in a trailer or a few battle grunts. I'm pretty sure people were bitching and whining about Jesse McCartney before KH2 was released and all we had to go on was the trailer.

I loved Terra's Japanese VA (that deep voice of his really didn't sound that out of place to me, IMO), but I'm excited to hear his English VA too.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

QUOTE=Sempied;5108429]Actually a lot of people were the complete opposite of Aqua as they are now compared to her, and Terra's old gameplay. The same can be said for Terra.

Aqua's can't be as bad as Alyson Stoner at the least for all who don't like her. Terra actually sounds like he fits his character age, and closer to his personality. His original japanese seiyuu sounded more deep that felt it was more based on Terra's masculine appearance despite myself still enjoying him.[/QUOTE]

I liked Alyson Stoner as Xion

Sempied

QUOTE=Sempied;5108429]Actually a lot of people were the complete opposite of Aqua as they are now compared to her, and Terra's old gameplay. The same can be said for Terra.

Aqua's can't be as bad as Alyson Stoner at the least for all who don't like her. Terra actually sounds like he fits his character age, and closer to his personality. His original japanese seiyuu sounded more deep that felt it was more based on Terra's masculine appearance despite myself still enjoying him.

I liked Alyson Stoner as Xion[/QUOTE]
Well first time for everything/First person i've seen so.

Pestilence

Awards

Terra sounds fine to me in terms of voice fitting and acting. I like the calmness in his voice without it being weak/girly. Kinda like Clouds voice but less dull. The only thing that still could worry me if he can pull off the ''angry Terra'' mode. If we get the jump festa trailer we should see how that works.

And I find it strange that some people say they cant hear what MX says. I hear it just perfectly and english isnt even my native language. If something Im not sure what the dwarf is saying in the trailer :D. ''You mean this strangest sawyer'' or something. There will be subtitles thou so it wouldnt matter that much anyway.

So in the end the only one im worried about is Aqua. She seems to balance between good and kinda dull depending on the scene. I hope its more on the good side in the big picture.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

αsiя;5108367 said:
Terra's VA sounds like a teenager. We don't even know how old Terra is but I can say that Terra looks like the type of guy that needs a deep voice. Even if he's 19, 19 year olds have deep voices and whoever is voicing Terra just doesn't match.

Terra only looks like the kind of guy that needs a deep voice because of voice acting conventions. =/

He's actually got an amusingly-accurate celebrity lookalike, which is the best way I can think of to show what someone like him would sound like in real life.

So: here's Taylor Kitsch, who's got the same kind of model face, football player body thing going on that Terra does. (He's also got the ability to pull off Terra's three-part hair thingy, which I find funny XD)

And here's what he sounds like. He's got a little bit deeper voice than Terra, but not nearly as much as you might think. =P

Key

Exile
Awards

Terra only looks like the kind of guy that needs a deep voice because of voice acting conventions. =/

He's actually got an amusingly-accurate celebrity lookalike, which is the best way I can think of to show what someone like him would sound like in real life.

So: here's Taylor Kitsch, who's got the same kind of model face, football player body thing going on that Terra does. (He's also got the ability to pull off Terra's three-part hair thingy, which I find funny XD)

And here's what he sounds like. He's got a little bit deeper voice than Terra, but not nearly as much as you might think. =P

Oh my gosh. I LOL'd at the similarity. XDDDDDD

Also, i've heard twenty-year-olds that sound YOUNGER than Terra's VA, and even OLDER people that sound around the same as the aforementioned VA. :/ idk what teenagers you're listening to XD

YUPPP

No, a trailer is used to hype of fans. That's the only purpose it has.

Also voices in trailers are not always the same as in the final game. Take the early FFXIII trailers for example. In those trailers the voice acting really didn't sound that well done but in the actual official game, the lines were delivered differently. It happens in games and movies all the time.

It's used for judging the game too. To see what looks good and what looks bad.

And Terra's VA sucks. He doesn't sound young, but he doesn't sound manly like his Japanese counterpart. Plus his acting in the trailer is total poo.

Edit: FFXIII always sounded well done in the VA department. And guess what, it was done well in game too save for Vanille.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Terra's VA just doesn't sound like he has the emotion. Remember that Cinderella scene where he said,"The strength of heart, will get you through the hardest of travels" or something to that? No emotion at all. He sounded, well, bored. I know that acting is not always fun, but if you're good you can fake it, that's why it's called ACTING.

YUPPP

Terra's VA just doesn't sound like he has the emotion. Remember that Cinderella scene where he said,"The strength of heart, will get you through the hardest of travels" or something to that? No emotion at all. He sounded, well, bored. I know that acting is not always fun, but if you're good you can fake it, that's why it's called ACTING.

I agree he has no emotion he sounds so flat. At least Aqua improved with one line but Terra just sucked. Which is sad because he was my favorite character in the game.

Z

Zulkir

Vanitas VA HJO did a good job at sounding evil as Vanitas. So far we've only seen a few lines, but I was wondering whether or not "I see dead people!, Make me a real boy, Sora, Donald, Goofy!" could pull off an evil voice

KOIKOIBA

Vanitas VA HJO did a good job at sounding evil as Vanitas. So far we've only seen a few lines, but I was wondering whether or not "I see dead people!, Make me a real boy, Sora, Donald, Goofy!" could pull off an evil voice

Yeah, I agreed, but to be honest I think he sounded like an Emo-Villain rather than the Psycho-Villain in the original. Not that I think it's a bad thing, but I don't like it if something is interprete differently than it was originaly supposed to be. But it could maybe just those few lines.

Sempied

I agree he has no emotion he sounds so flat. At least Aqua improved with one line but Terra just sucked. Which is sad because he was my favorite character in the game.
You do remember that Terra's has "That" scene of epicness for his VA to pull off right? Terra had plenty more emotion than what Aqua had in the beginning of the trailer, either that, or were listening to entire different people.

And again Terra japanese counterpart was heavily reflected more based on his appearance. (Masuclinity, heroic, etc.) meanwhile his english VA is more so based on his gullibility to Xehanort, his personality, and age.

Yeah, I agreed, but to be honest I think he sounded like an Emo-Villain rather than the Psycho-Villain in the original. Not that I think it's a bad thing, but I don't like it if something is interprete differently than it was originaly supposed to be. But it could maybe just those few lines.
Vanitas has two side of a coin personality while it seems like his VA has nailed his "Emo" voice, we still have yet to see if his VA, can nail that "Psycho" laugh right between the eyes.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Actually a lot of people were the complete opposite of Aqua as they are now compared to her, and Terra's old gameplay. The same can be said for Terra.

THIS! (I'm saying that a lot now...)

And I find it strange that some people say they cant hear what MX says. I hear it just perfectly and english isnt even my native language. If something Im not sure what the dwarf is saying in the trailer :D. ''You mean this strangest sawyer'' or something. There will be subtitles thou so it wouldnt matter that much anyway.

I agree. I always understood what MX said but when the dwarf spoke, I couldn't understand it. All I understand was "You mean" something something something "sent these demons after ya."

Awards

why is everyone putting Vanitas in spoiler tags? I mean I understand WHY, but it isn't even in spoiler tags on the OP....I think it SHOULD be, and I've said it should numerous times, but it hasn't happened, and I'm sure a WHOLE bunch of people have seen it, so I don't think it's necessary to have to put it in spoiler tags.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

why is everyone putting Vanitas in spoiler tags? I mean I understand WHY, but it isn't even in spoiler tags on the OP....I think it SHOULD be, and I've said it should numerous times, but it hasn't happened, and I'm sure a WHOLE bunch of people have seen it, so I don't think it's necessary to have to put it in spoiler tags.

It does because the voice actor IS a spoiler. Heck, when people told me on the internet Vanitas will be voiced by HJO and it's OBVIOUS why I was immediately spoiled because I knew there was no way they would get that actor to play as Vanitas except for one reason: His face.

THAT is why the actor is a spoiler. Especially when others can't tell who it is just by listening to the voice, it'd suck for it to be spoiled when they get the name. I mean, Square Enix themselves haven't announced Vanitas VA for spoiler reasons.

Awards

It does because the voice actor IS a spoiler. Heck, when people told me on the internet Vanitas will be voiced by HJO and it's OBVIOUS why I was immediately spoiled because I knew there was no way they would get that actor to play as Vanitas except for one reason: His face.

THAT is why the actor is a spoiler. Especially when others can't tell who it is just by listening to the voice, it'd suck for it to be spoiled when they get the name. I mean, Square Enix themselves haven't announced Vanitas VA for spoiler reasons.

Well, I of course know that it's a spoiler, but since it's not in spoiler tags on the OP, then what's point in having it in spoiler tags anymore, since like EVERYONE knows now?

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

THIS! (I'm saying that a lot now...)

I agree. I always understood what MX said but when the dwarf spoke, I couldn't understand it. All I understand was "You mean" something something something "sent these demons after ya."

He was easy to understand he said, "You mean the stranger saw ya? And sent his horde of evil demons after ya?!" He sounds a little different from Doc but he's pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back