• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Willa Holland sounded great as I expected, but I can't give fair judgement based on a small line like the case with Nimoy as Xehanort.

By god I can't wait to see who gets Terra/Eraqus

Hopefully Vanitas voice

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Is it possible for anyone to upload this video to youtube? the video there is taking forever to load and downloading it would be less painful for me

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

I'm happy that whoever is casting the voices for KH isn't an idiot. I kind of lost faith after the master xehanort trailer.

I would agree with you except the part about Master Xenahort.
I don't think you should go with judging a short trailer and go, "I hate him."
Seriously play the whole game first and judge for yourself.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't know how anybody can judge Nimoy from that trailer. He said like two lines. Then everybody loves Aqua from one phrase. I'm going to wait for E3 to pass judgement because it is waaaaaay to early to say "I HATE IT" "I LOVE IT".

(Though I have my faith in Nimoy, Holland, Hamill, and McCartney. And whoever will voice Vanitas.)

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I don't know how anybody can judge Nimoy from that trailer. He said like two lines. Then everybody loves Aqua from one phrase. I'm going to wait for E3 to pass judgement because it is waaaaaay to early to say "I HATE IT" "I LOVE IT".

(Though I have my faith in Nimoy, Holland, Hamill, and McCartney. And whoever will voice Vanitas.)

I suspect that no one really intended to make a final judgement from what we have now. It's just that first impressions have a strong impact on how much we worry about the final result. In Master Xehanort's case, being afraid of the final result (due to him having a very distinctive voice that doesn't immediately click) leads to overreaction in the line of "He sounds terrible!" as opposed to any rational response. Conversely, in Aqua's case, there's not really all that much to worry about (since her pitch and tone fit her character), so there's no reason not to say she sounds good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I suspect that no one really intended to make a final judgement from what we have now. It's just that first impressions have a strong impact on how much we worry about the final result. In Master Xehanort's case, being afraid of the final result (due to him having a very distinctive voice that doesn't immediately click) leads to overreaction in the line of "He sounds terrible!" as opposed to any rational response. Conversely, in Aqua's case, there's not really all that much to worry about (since her pitch and tone fit her character), so there's no reason not to say she sounds good.

Trust me, there are a lot of people out there that base their opinions of very small things.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

she sounds like lightning a lot when she said it XD

well i hope her voice acting is good!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

she sounds like lightning a lot when she said it XD

well i hope her voice acting is good!

This is very off topic but have you by chance gone to a concert with Bruno Mars in it this past...day? (Yeah...random but I saw your little thingie there with the lyrics of Billionaire)

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

I'm happy that whoever is casting the voices for KH isn't an idiot. I kind of lost faith after the master xehanort trailer.

The hell? He said like, two lines. You can't judge a VA's performance based on two lines - wait at least until the E3 trailer (I'm assuming he's going to get more screen time - plus everything will be a bit more polished) to get a general idea. Or better yet, wait until the actual game to judge.

Same thing with Aqua. Not that I think Willa's a bad choice - I think she'll do fine, it's too early for me to judge anyway - but everyone's saying, "OMG SHE'S LIEK SO AWESOME AS AQUA YO" based on a tiny phrase in, what, 10 seconds - if that! - of video? She may end up totally butchering her part (I don't think she will though; as I said before, I think she'll do fine).

Don't judge until you see a longer trailer, when everyone has a little more screen time (here's to hoping the E3 trailer's gonna be longer than a 30 second TV spot) or for the game. And that goes for all of the cast, not just Nimoy or Willa.

Note that I'm not talking about first impressions here. I'm talking about people who immediately say, "Oh he sucks!" or "She's so awesome!" based on 10 seconds of footage and 2 lines, and that's their final judgment.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Well with Heroes being cancelled Hayden's schedule is clear. So maybe she'll be voicing Kairi again.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I think Kairi, Sora, and Riku are in the secret ending movie so Hayden, HJO, and Gallager will be voicing in this game

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

They're all in the secret ending I think. But Riku and Sora show up earlier in the game when Terra arrives at the Destiny Islands; Terra makes Riku his successor. So how could Hayden, HJO, and especially David Gallagher, given that he has a deeper voice, do voices high enough for 5 year olds?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

For the Japanese version they got real kids to do it. Sounds so much better (cuter X3). I hate it when they get grown ups to put on squeaky voices and pretend to be kids. So annoying... I really hope they case real children in the English version too.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

For the Japanese version they got real kids to do it. Sounds so much better (cuter X3). I hate it when they get grown ups to put on squeaky voices and pretend to be kids. So annoying... I really hope they case real children in the English version too.

For some reason I ended up getting this image in my head of Mark Hamill trying to do a high squeaky voice...I lol'd. |D

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

THIS. I would have to agree with EVERYTHING you said.
I also have faith in all of them.
And time will tell.

Well with Heroes being cancelled Hayden's schedule is clear. So maybe she'll be voicing Kairi again.

Wait what? D:
And I wonder how she'd do a young Kairi though. :/
Unless she can pull it off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back