• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Boy Who Sought the World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeyroxas

A couple of questions:
1. Who is the man on destiny islands at the very start of the game? He says "this world, is just too small" then it fades into the scene with MX with Ven ina blanket.
2. When terra is talking to riku, he looks at him and sees the man i mentioned in question 1, then he turns and he sees older riku, whats that about?
3. riku mentions aboy used to be on the island but left. Does he mean that man and who is that man?!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The man you see at the beach on Destiny Islands is none other than Master Xehanort (as a young adult).

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
A couple of questions:
1. Who is the man on destiny islands at the very start of the game? He says "this world, is just too small" then it fades into the scene with MX with Ven ina blanket.
2. When terra is talking to riku, he looks at him and sees the man i mentioned in question 1, then he turns and he sees older riku, whats that about?
3. riku mentions aboy used to be on the island but left. Does he mean that man and who is that man?!
1. It's a young MX, that's why it fades into that scene.
2. It's to foreshadow the connection Terra and Riku and MX will have in the future.
3. Yes, he was referring to Young MX.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com

Its MX. The reason why the scene fades into that is to show that it is MX. That fade in wasn't in the JP version, and people that those scenes together didn't make sense.

I'm...not entirely sure. It's got something to do with the similarities with Riku and MX, yada, yada, yada...

The man he mentions is MX.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
How did Riku know young MX?

He doesn't...Riku just remembers that once a boy left the islands for good.
It's also timeline-wise impossible that Riku know MX since in BBS Riku is just 5 years old and MX has already left the islands decades before.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It was probably a rumor he heard passed down amongst the kids of the play island. the infamous kid who was a pedolurker until he decided 'this world is just too small'

Xenin

Banned
I figured the boy he mentioned was Ventus. Becuase I think MX talks about that beeing his home world.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yes, Riku does mean the boy on the island. And, the boy and the man, who appears at the beginning of BBS are one in the same, Master Xehanort. To answer question one, that was a flashback of Master Xehanort's point of view. He was much like Riku in KH1, where he felt like the islands were a prison and he wanted to explore the world. Now, I am thinking back to KH1, where Xehanort's Heartless had possessed Riku's body and he was talking to Sora before the last fight in KH1 about how Riku wanted to get away and see the worlds.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
did ever occur to any that MX and riku might be related in some way

There have been many a theory that they are related (the most popular, IIRC, being that MX is Riku's father).
I personally don't think so, that any relation they may have is, as HeartSeams said, the one they formed in KH1. No actual blood relation.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
There have been many a theory that they are related (the most popular, IIRC, being that MX is Riku's father).
I personally don't think so, that any relation they may have is, as HeartSeams said, the one they formed in KH1. No actual blood relation.
if MX was Riku's father, I doubt he'd have referred to him as "some boy" who once left the islands.
Not to mention, Riku makes mention of his parents in KH1.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, and I bet that Master Xehanort still hates his homeworld (Destiny Islands), right?

He mocked it when he brought Ven there, and the act of bringing Ven to DI seemed to have been an act of mockery to the world itself as well. A boring world that never changes and is seen by MX as a prison. Can't say I feel the love.

if MX was Riku's father, I doubt he'd have referred to him as "some boy" who once left the islands.
Not to mention, Riku makes mention of his parents in KH1.

A roundabout theory would be that MX came back to visit, got Riku's mother pregnant, and then she got remarried. Or she was already married and the kid came out silver-haired and she had to explain it to her husband. Or he's adopted.
Would certainly add up with MX's eerie comment to Terra about making back-up plans... do ho ho.
Wonder where else he has replacement vessels waiting for him. And don't get me started about me thinking that timeline wise, Riku's birth seems to add up with Vanitas's birth O_O;;;

It's not unthinkable overall, but I seriously doubt KH'd go there. I should hope the sickest they'd get is a gender bending memory clone.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Would certainly add up with MX's eerie comment to Terra about making back-up plans... do ho ho.
Well we already know that line was referring to Braig as well, so, I don't really feel it's that exclusive of a club. Saix probably also factors in some way.

And don't get me started about me thinking that timeline wise, Riku's birth seems to add up with Vanitas's birth O_O;;;
Riku was already alive when Vanitas was born... as shortly after MX brought Ventus to DI and that's where he met with Sora's just-born heart. And since Riku is a year older than Sora....

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well we already know that line was referring to Braig as well, so, I don't really feel it's that exclusive of a club. Saix probably also factors in some way.

Never said it was exclusive, was just entertaining some other possibilities.

Riku was already alive when Vanitas was born... as shortly after MX brought Ventus to DI and that's where he met with Sora's just-born heart. And since Riku is a year older than Sora....

"A year older". 15 compared to 14 at the time of KH1. We could be talking months here and little more. Think 14 and 15 year old kids in the same class - it's not that odd a happening.
MX didn't bring Ven to DI immediately after he tore Vanitas out of him as shown in his reports. He tried to have them "train" together but Vanitas was eating the rest of Ven, at which point MX understood this wasn't going to work. Depending on how much time passed between the events, my conspiracy theory might hold water.
Unless you can confirm Riku was born already when Vanitas was created. I'll be sad to see this one go but if I must...

Awards
MX didn't bring Ven to DI immediately after he tore Vanitas out of him as shown in his reports. He tried to have them "train" together but Vanitas was eating the rest of Ven, at which point MX understood this wasn't going to work.

No, the attempted training occurred after Xehanort brought Ven to Destiny Island. Ven couldn't possibly have trained in the vegetative state he was in prior to that.

I really doubt the idea that it took MX a year to bring Ven to DI. I mean..
But Vanitas took too much of Ventus's heart, and from that fracture, I could see the last of Ventus's light was slipping away. The boy deserved a place to spend his final moments peacefully. and what should come to mind but my own boyhood home.

I don't think it would take an entire year for Ven's light to slip away. His "final moments" would be pretty drawn out. And it'd be awkward to say the least for MX to have Ven's lifeless body just lying there for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back