• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I've sung that book's praises enough times, but I also want to add that it's definitely a book to read twice (and in fairly short order).

The second read through makes significantly more sense, and really highlights the planning that went into creating the story, and her expertise in delivering it.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;BE8-mIZyVUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE8-mIZyVUQ[/video]

Looks like this year's Anime Mirai is gonna be good.

For those who haven't seen any of these yet and want to check them out, here are my favorites:

2011 - Ojii-san no Lamp & Tansuwarashi
2012 - Shiranpuri & Wasurenagumo
2013 - Little Witch Academia & Death Billiards

(I'll start tweaking the list and posting other stuff soon. Been a bit busy lately.)

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
so anyone not reading dorohedoro is missing out

it's like the most underground thing ever and all the better for it

i'm honestly surprised viz has licensed it considering how niche the thing seems but i'm buying the volumes asap and so should you

Gram

Banned
Awards
Came across Ergo Proxy in a store today, haven't seen it in years. Plan to re-watch it tomorrow.

Anyone else ever watched ergo proxy?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Came across Ergo Proxy in a store today, haven't seen it in years. Plan to re-watch it tomorrow.

Anyone else ever watched ergo proxy?
Yep! That's so funny, I actually just bought the Anime Classics set a few weeks ago (with my discount at work, bahaha) but I haven't had enough free time to rewatch it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yep! That's so funny, I actually just bought the Anime Classics set a few weeks ago (with my discount at work, bahaha) but I haven't had enough free time to rewatch it.

lol Is kinda funny since I bought it today myself. I havent seen it in a long while but I remember enjoying it.
I need to rewatch my other classics. xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
I remember watching it when it aired on Fuse.

God that was a long time ago.

Likewise, it was actually the last time (and first) I seen it. Started re-watching it today though, it's a bit more deep than I remember but still been worth the time.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Okay, so, I don't watch Hajime no Ippo, but I just happened across the opening sequence for Rising.

[video=vimeo;76240308]http://vimeo.com/76240308[/video]

The animation in this is so great. It actually makes me want to watch it (though I probably won't).

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Hop to it dude. Space Cowboy randomly recommended it to me, so I decided I'd just watch the first few episodes and hold off on it for a bit.

Three weeks later I was on season 3, over 100 episodes later. Ippo is fucking fantastic. It takes some time to get itself going to get Ippo to learn boxing a bit, but it's easily one of the best fighting series I've ever watched.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
[video=youtube;hE_Ib1Hxvfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_Ib1Hxvfw[/video]

So this is part 1 of a documentary chronicling the life of takehiko inoue (creator of slam dunk, vagabond, real, etc) for 1 year. the rest of it is up on the same channel.

watching this is blowing my mind at how much of himself inoue puts into his work. as an artist myself he is a true inspiration. he really does give it all 110% and is always striving to improve his craft and achieve a new level of artistry. i highly recommend watching this even if you aren't a fan because it gives some very good insight into the creative process behind a manga.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
okay fine i'll watch ippo god get off my back!!!

In other news, I watched the CGI Captain Harlock movie that aired in theatres last year. You know, it was pretty great. There's no getting away from the camp that Leiji Matsumoto's stories always have, and the pacing was definitely rushed (felt like comic book pacing, tbh), but it's still an enjoyable tale about people fighting fate.

The best part of the movie, of course, was the visuals. Wow. They were mind-blowing. Like, everyone should check this movie out if only to see some damn fine CGI.

I also checked out the Bayonetta movie. As you all can probably guess, the story isn't exactly Oscar-worthy; but I have to say, GONZO really nailed the visuals. It reminded me a lot of Madhouse's DMC anime. Stylish as fuck.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
What's the name of the Captain Harlock movie, by the way? I was aching to watch it awhile ago but I have no clue what to look for.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The movie is just called Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

There are no English subtitles yet though. And I had to download a Chinese subtitled release just so that I could turn the subs off and watch it raw, because the other raws I found had Korean subtitles on the video.

Esso

Fire Breaker
The Diagonal • Vertical Licensing Spring 2014 Survey

Want to offer manga suggestions to publisher Vertical? Now's the time it'll matter most. Make sure to read the guidelines in the survey before handing out suggestions that'll end up wasted. Basically the mangas you suggest should:
-Less than 10 volumes so far.
-Less than a decade old (2005).
-Can't be property of Japanese publishers they list in the survey (ex: Shueisha, Shogakukan, etc)
-No license rescues.

Back