trapped in revamp hell
- Nov 1, 2009
It's that time of year again so fasten your seatbelts and hang on tight! We here at KINGDOM HEARTS Insider are here to bring you the fastest and most extensive array of KINGDOM HEARTS and THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU news straight from the Tokyo Game Show. Please check back often as we continue to update this post, and click [Read More] to see just what has happened so far!
DAY 4, SEPTEMBER 22TH, 2012
- September 22, 7:24 PM PST - THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -crossover- at the merchandise booth. Is this the last copy!? - source: Official Facebook Page
- September 22, 6:55 PM PST - THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -crossover- sales ad  - source: Official Facebook Page
- September 22, 4:22 AM PST - Translation of ArikaMiz's impressions and summaries, thanks to goldpanner:
KH PC BROWSER
?Dearly Beloved -Reprise-
?A promo vid almost entirely in text. Inserted into the flow of text here and there were screens of the opening movie from KH2, the secret endings ‘Gathering’, and ‘Birth by Sleep’.
The voicing was in English, with Japanese subtitles displayed. I’m sure it’s the same as the outline but I recorded the whole thing in case.
“Far, far away, in a fairy-tale realm...
The realm was filled with light.
That light gave birth to many worlds, enveloping them.
The source of the light, Kingdom Hearts, and the key that protected it, the χblade...
As long as they existed, it was believed that the realm would be in eternal light.
However, just as strong light will form a shadow, darkness was born.
The darkness called up fear, unease and craving.
Darkness, hidden deep in hearts, began to spread throughout the realm as chaos.
In order to drive back the spreading darkness, those who wished for light created Keyblades in imitation of the χblade, and embarked on adventures that spanned the realm.”
? From the “darkness spread” part, screens of gameplay show.
Exploring Wonderland, Alice and the Cheshire Cat are confirmed.
The way to open treasure chests follows the current trend of throwing the Keyblade and then tapping it. I feel quite sorry for the treasure chests!
As for the screens of battle, there is a fight using the power of a card that has been drawn to confront (?) one enemy Shadow, sort of thing.
By the way, the player used a Limit Form Sora card. It used a Ragnarok-type technique.
Also, I was interested to see a treasure chest behind the Shadow. Field encounter style?
?There wasn’t a logo for the title, just text: Coming Soon
It was basically a long succession of famous scenes and elements.
?Hikari (orchestral version)
- Images only
Destiny Islands, Kairi and Sora looking at the ocean. From the first game.
It starts off a small screen, but right after it becomes a big screen. No need for the usual frame!
?KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX??Japanese Voice Version?
- Speech only
Ansem: “This world has been connected. Tied to the darkness.” From the first game
- Images only
Destiny Island swallowed by the darkness, Kairi disappearing.
Both from the first game
- Image and dialogue
Destiny Islands, Riku who can’t hide how happy he is to be able to leave. From the first game.
Riku: “There’s no use being afraid... I’m not afraid of the darkness!”
?KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories?
- Dialogue only
Marluxia: “You still haven’t realised? To find is to lose and to lose is to find. That is the way of things in Castle Oblivion.”
- Images only
Sora standing in front of Castle Oblivion.
?A new edition of the early second title of the series?
- Images and dialogue
Traverse Town, Sora, Donald and Goofy putting their hands together. From the first game.
Donald: Donald Duck.
Goofy: Name’s Goofy!
Sora: I’m Sora.
Goofy: All for one, one for all!
?Remastered in HD?
- Images and Dialogue
The lobby of Castle Oblivion, Axel talking to Sora. From CoM.
Axel: “The light within the darkness. You've lost sight of it, Sora. You've forgotten forgetting.”
Sora: “It’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart just as they’ve become a part of mine.” From the first game
Ariel, Peter Pan, Pooh, Beast, Jack, Riku, Kairi appear in succession. All from the first game
?Images and dialogue
Riku Replica, having appeared in front of Riku. From CoM.
Replica: “This should come as a relief, then: I'm a replica of you that Vexen made.”
?Images and dialogue
Ansem standing on Destiny Islands, which has been swallowed into the End of the World. From the first game.
Ansem: “So, you have come this far and still you understand nothing.”
?Play Station 3 Trophy Support?
Ansem: “ Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!” From the first game
Screens of battle. All from the first game, interface is exactly the same as the first game.
I can’t confirm the shortcuts but I think there were probably three.
The battle locations are Monstro, Agrabah, Neverland and Halloween Town
After showing Sora and Namine on Destiny Islands, Lexaeus, Larxene, Vexen, Marluxia appear in succession.
All from COM.
Right after, it goes straight into the Sora described ↓
?Image and dialogue
Castle Oblivion, Sora protecting Namine. From CoM.
Sora: “These memories that you gave me... In my head I know they're lies, but they still... feel right. Like my promise. I said I'd protect you...”
?Images and dialogue
Hollow Bastion, Riku holding Ansem back. From the first game.
Riku: “You’ve got to run! The Heartless are coming!”
?Images and dialogue
Sora, blocking the possessed Riku’s Keyblade. From the first game.
Sora: “Forget it! There’s no way you’re taking Kairi’s heart!”
?Images and dialogue
Sora fading away, and everyone trying to stop it. From the first game.
Donald: No, wait!
Donald: Sora! Come back, Sora!
?Xion (the formal name is so hard to type so bear with this for now orz)
?KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days HD Remake Theatre Edition?
?Twilight Town, on top of the clock tower.
Axel proposing to Roxas and Xion that they go to the beach. In the original game this was a text conversation, and this is the first time this scene has been voiced.
By the way, I think all of them were sitting in the original cutscene but in this they are all standing.
Axel: I've got it!
Roxas: Huh? Got what?
Axel: Let's go to the beach next time we get a day off.
Xion: The beach? Where did that come from?
Axel: What, don't you want to go somewhere different for a change?
Xion: ...I'll join you...if I can.
Roxas: Of course you can, Xion.
Axel: You'll have a blast, trust me.
Xion: Well...all right, sure. Let's do it.
?Logo, showing release date: 2013
KH?”KINGDOM HEARTS for PC Browser” movie report, simple action game in 2D graphics(4gamer)
- “It looks to be a simple action game in 2D graphics. There were scenes of the protagonist jumping, tapping treasure chests with a Keyblade to open them etc, and also, the Keyblade Graveyard, with an immense number of Keyblades stuck into the ground, was confirmed... By the way, Disney characters will appear solidly in this work. In the movie we saw Alice from ‘Alice in Wonderland’ appear on screen. Character design by Monster Octopus, just as for the KH Mobile avatars and FF Theatrythm. ~It seems that Mr Monoke was mistaken about the character designs.
KH: Regarding the Kingdom Hearts PC Browser Game character design, it was said in an online article that Monster Octopus was in charge, but this was an error and has been removed. It’s heartbreaking in so many ways! lol (@MonsterOctopus)
(from the KHHD unveiling movie shown at TGS)
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2Days
I have seen the movie! As for the ‘fully remade cutscenes’ from Days, they were the real-time polygons used in the cutscenes in Days, I think perhaps prerendered. The scene is on top of the clock tower, with Axel, Roxas and Xion, and the dialogue is as follows:
“358/2 Theatre Compilation” appears over a black background, with just voices:
Axel: Oh yeah!
Roxas: What’s with you? Out of the blue like that...
HA polygon cutscene plays, the three on top of the clock tower
Axel: (looking at the two standing to his left) Next vacation, how about we go to the beach?
Xion: The beach? Where is this coming from all of a sudden...
Axel: It’s nice to have some fun together once in a while, right?
Xion: (clasping her hands to her chest) I wonder... if I’ll be able to go?
Roxas: What are you even saying, Xion.
Axel: (spreading his hands) We’ll have a blast! Xion!
Xion: (eyes wandering a little, sounding lost) ...I guess.
Right after that, she looks at the two of them and says “Let’s go,” with a little smile on her face.
~After fishing for a comparison vid, I think Xion is still voiced by Risa Uchida. (If it turns out it has been changed, I am sorry.) They have voiced cutscenes that were only speech bubbles in Days and given them pretty videos, it sure is a nice new way to see things. I feel like it completely immersed me in that world. And Xion’s expressions are so cute! ...And yet at the same time, heartbreaking.
KINGDOM HEARTS for PC Browser
KH Browser is in 2D Theatrythm (looking) graphics (~: Character design is not actually by Monster Octopus), the sprites feel perhaps 2.5~3 heads high rather than 2. You can probably choose and customise your own character. In Alice’s world, there was jumping on mushrooms to get higher, opening chests with a Keyblade, and card battle? sort of things. The HP gauge curls around the character’s face, just like in KH. It looked like it had a lot of action considering it was a browser game. I can’t wait to find out what sort of gameplay this game will have.
DAY 3, SEPTEMBER 21TH, 2012
- September 21, 11:56 PM PST - Monster Octopus denies their involvement in the KH PC Browser game. 4gamer retracts their initial statement and removes it from the previous update.
- September 21, 11:34 PM PST - THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -crossover- OST sells out - source: SQEX_MUSIC
- September 21, 8:26 PM PST - Footage from the TGS stream of KHHD. Notice that Sora's original KH1 model has been replaced with the updated Re:Chain of Memories model. You can view it below (please excuse the whirring):
- September 21, 7:48 PM PST - Sora and Kairi at the docks in KHHD seen on the TGS stream
- September 21, 7:23 PM PST - Here is Yoko Shimomura autographing a sign for KINGDOM HEARTS Fan Selections Melodies&Memories - source: SQEX_MUSIC
- September 21, 7:22 PM PST - Translation thanks to Zephyr: "KINGDOM HEARTS HD has the same battle interface from the first. The text color is much different? I coudn't see the shortcut the moment it changed into the three frames." - source: ArikaMiz
- September 21, 7:07 PM PST - Tranlation thanks to goldpanner: "I saw the KH clip! For Days, I think perhaps they've pre-rendered cutscenes taken from Days and turned them into realtime polygonal. The scene is of the usual three, Axel says 'let's go to the beach,' and Xion responds." - source: aibo_ac7
- September 21, 6:42 PM PST - Translation by goldpanner: "With KH Browser, and this was also in the 4gamer report but, it will be in 2D Theatrythm-style pictures, maybe their bodies will be three head-lengths tall instead of two. You can probably choose and customise the character yourself. Looks like there's a lot of action considering it's a browser game." - source: aibo_ac7
- September 21, 6:41 PM PST - Translation by goldpanner: "First of all: Days isn't OP quality, it's about the same level quality as KHHD and COMHD, and they've given voices to parts that were text dialogue. I'm writing the lines down now..." - source: ArikaMiz
- September 21, 10:55 AM PST - Translation of the new information from 4gamer on KINGDOM HEARTS for PC Browsers & KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 Re:MIX thanks to Zephyr:
Should we expect that fans are brought into the Keyblade War!? In this work, all players, can become owners of the Keyblade. Earlier in "BEFORE CRISIS: FINAL FANTASY VII", Square Enix provided us with a game where everyone can become Turks; I didn't expect this.
By the way, it seems to be firmly confirmed that Disney characters will appear. A video showed "Alice in Wonderland" had appeared on the screen. What other Disney characters will appear? To be honest, I was really anxious.
Furthermore there is one more new work, for the Playstation 3, "KINGDOM HEARTS -HD I.5 ReMIX-". There will be HD versions of "KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX" and "KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories", and there will be HD versions of cuscenes summarizing "KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days" to enjoy.
Also in the HD version of "KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX", it will include Japanese voice acting. Please enjoy the additional cutscene of Cloud and Sephiroth that will also have Japanese voice acting. The KINGDOM HEARTS series is strong because of its story, that many people felt in the middle of the series. The release date will be in the year 2013. The title in the series means that you will be able to enjoy the storyline along the timeline, please look forward to it by all means.
- September 21, 9:46 AM PST - THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Solo Remix trailer has a new version of TWISTER -Gang Mix- - source: Takeharu Ishimoto
- September 21, 9:42 AM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS PC Browser game has character designs by Monster Octopus (i.e. - Theatrhythm / KH Mobile style). Seems to be a simple action game that shows the character jumping, hitting a treasure chest to make it open with the Keyblade and attacking in various ways. Alice (Alice in Wonderland) is among the characters that appear(?)
KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX will be in Japanese entirely.- source: 4gamer
DAY 2, SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2012
- September 20, 9:47 PM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Meow Wow Plushie and Gold and Silver Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D keychains seen in display case. KH3D Keyblade PlayArts lineup revealed to include Kingdom Key, Way to Dawn, Ultima Weapon, Duel Disk, Unbound, End of Pain, Sweet Dreams and Dive Wing - source: SQEXEventsJP Facebook
- September 20, 9:32 AM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS products seen on decorative walls and stations of merchandise  - source: M_Alloc
- September 20, 6:59 AM PST - More Play Arts and Formation Arts images. KINGDOM HEARTS II Formation Arts vol. 3 revealed to be Sora at Destiny Islands, Sora and Ariel in Atlantica, Sora in Timeless River, Sora in Halloween Town, and Sora in Space Paranoids on the Light Cycle -
- Play Arts:  | Keyblades:  | Trading Arts: - source: M_Alloc
- September 20, 4:13 AM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary Fan Selection Melodies & Memories OST shown off - source: Yahoo!
DAY 1, SEPTEMBER 19TH, 2012
- September 19, 11:28 PM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] new Play Arts of Sora and Riku, KH3D Keyblades and colored The Grid Sora and Riku - Source: M_Alloc
- September 19, 9:10 PM PST - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Re:MIX added to official Square Enix Tokyo Game Show 2012 page
- September 19, 8:25 PM PST - Translations regarding PC Browser Game thanks to Zephyr:
"KINGDOM HEARTS for PC Browser (Tentative name)
The first series of the PC browser online game appears.
Players will control their own hero, there are a variety of Disney Worlds you will be able to adventure on the browser.
In the game, cards will be used to promote strategic battle, you can stand up to enemies and sometimes you can cooperate with your friends. The KINGDOM HEARTS series so far has introduced a new system with no sense.
In the adventure, the contents are also packed with collection of items you can get. It has become a work that can be enjoyed for a long time.
< Story > In a world of fairy tales, The world was filled with light, That light has been embraced and rised to a variety of worlds, The source of light, Kingdom Hearts, the key to protect it, χ-blade. As long as there is, it is believed the worlds will be in light eternally. However, the strong light casts shadows that give birth to darkness. Darkness evokes the desire of anxiety and fear. Darkness is hidden in the depths of hearts and chaos has began to spread in the worlds. To pay for the spreading darkness, those who want to create the χ-blade must make a key that models after it. This has started a round-the-world adventure.
< System > You can use the PC browser to play, it is the series's first time to create a social game. The player can become a hero, customize your avatar, and explore a variety of Disney Worlds. Discover and collect materials in various locations, overcome the battle system with your card collection, a whole new element is expanded in the game. You will enjoy cooperating with your friends against enemies.
< Description > Title: KINGDOM HEARTS for PC Browser (Tentative name)
Platform: PC Genre: PC browser online game
Release Date: TBA Retail Price: TBA
? Please wait until the opening of the official site. Please wait for the follow up in the future!!"
- September 19, 7:44 PM PST - Community Manager of SEFRrance Sacha Ramtohul shows off THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -crossover- OST.
- September 19, 7:38 PM PST - Translations regarding HD ReMIX thanks to Zephyr:
"This year is the 10th Anniversary of the "KINGDOM HEARTS" series, HD versions of early works, and the first online game for the PC.
Two titles are announced. KINGDOM HEARTS –HD 1.5 ReMIX- This year for the 10th Anniversary of the "KINGDOM HEARTS" series, there will be HD versions of commemorative works, "KINGDOM HEARTS" and "KINGDOM HEARTS: Re:Chain of Memories." Furthermore, we have recorded footage of video works to enjoy the story of "KINGDOM HEARTS: 358/2 Days" which was released in 2009 for the Nintendo DS.
"KINGDOM HEARTS" (The first work) was later released with a variety of additions. "KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX" (Japanese version) will add all of the content into the HD versions.
With two games that have been into HD and the Nintendo DS version having full remakes of event scenes for "KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days", even for those who are enjoying the series so far and even if you're new to the series, the series's three games are a work you can enjoy together.
Also, the two works, "KINGDOM HEARTS" and "KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories" support Playstation 3 trophies. Includes: KINGDOM HEARTS KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories (KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX is not included) KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.
Description: Product Name: KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
Platform: Playstation 3 Genre: Role playing game
Release Date: TBA 2013
The official website is scheduled to open on Thursday 9/20."
- September 19, 7:00 PM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX shown in the Square Enix Mega Theater.
- September 19, 6:52 PM PST - New KINGDOM HEARTS II Formation Arts Vol. 3 - source: M_Alloc
- September 19, 6:47 PM PST - Clarification: only HD cutscenes in Theater Mode for 358/2 Days, Re:CoM in full HD
- September 19, 6:31 PM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS Online Browser Game for Facebook utilizing a card-based system, customizable avatars (currently in progress) - source MESSAGE FROM THE KINGDOM
- September 19, 6:31 PM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX - PS Trophies enabled
- September 19, 6:11 PM PST - KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX Announced for Playstation 3 for 2013! (Contains KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days)