• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix is ​​interested in adaptations PSP Remaster

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe1092

Awards
Square Enix is ​​interested in adaptations PSP Remaster

Although not yet decided anything.

Yoshinori Kitase, Square Enix producer, said in the latest issue of Famitsu that the company is interested in line for PlayStation 3 PSP Remaster.

PSP Remaster adapted PSP games to PlayStation 3 in high definition, stereoscopic 3D support and control of the DualShock, using the second stick. So far they have announced some games like Capcom's Monster Hunter and the two God of War Ready at Dawn.

Square Enix's catalog includes several notable games on laptop, as Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, the saga Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and The 3rd Birthday. Kitase suggests that in future these games can be converted in the future, but are now focusing all its efforts on Final Fantasy for PSP Type-0 and-2 Final Fantasy XIII for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, so there is still no nothing decided.

BBQ Sauce: http://www.finalfantasy.net/vii/kitase-interested-psp-remastering/

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey

That's awesome! I would love to play Crisis Core and KH: BBS on the PlayStation 3. Would this be a remastering that also includes special features? Or does the nature of the port only allow for the same features to be used?

noheartx

Crisis Core would be sick for the PS3. I absolutely love that game. Maybe they could add new features too? Or maybe, if were really lucky, they could release it as a set with a remastered edition of Final Fantasy VII? I mean i can dream right...

videogamefan

Crisis Core would be sick for the PS3. I absolutely love that game. Maybe they could add new features too? Or maybe, if were really lucky, they could release it as a set with a remastered edition of Final Fantasy VII? I mean i can dream right...

Yes! I love that idea. Ever since I saw the FF VII technical demo for the PS3, I've wished that FFVII would remastered. Crisis Core was actually my first Final Fantasy Game I've ever played and is still one of my favorite games ever. It would be cool if right after beating Crisis Core, FFVII started right from where it left off.

And BBS for the PS3 would be really awesome. Maybe remaking the Final Mix version for other regions other than Japan and for the PS3, too. They'll definately start out by selling it in Japan first, but hopefully then sell it out here. I know BBSFM isn't region locked, but is really expensive to buy off of Play-Asia.

Dissidia for the PS3? Interesting idea but I think it'd be simpler to just remaster Dissidia 012 since it has both the storylines of Main Scenario 012 and 013. It was an interesting surprise to have both Dissidia stories in one game, especially since I was planning on buying Dissidia after getting 012. Saved some bucks right there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
:D crisis core and BBS on ps3!? yes! *psp is broke*

tho havent i seen threads on this already?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Even though I played both games a lot, I wouldn't mind buying them and playing them again.

So...

DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT

WaveK89

Playing on a big screen would be nice, and adds a nice chance for BBSv2 on PS3. Playing the games with 2 analog sticks, i would hope they utilize that if it happened.

The anniversary is in March right, so if it were to be then we would have to hear something about it at TGS. That or Jump Festa, but that doesn't seem a likely place for an announcement.

StVen

This is highly probable. The producer talks so I'm sure we'll see KH:BBS on PS3 :).. Wee!! I've done birth by sleep and Re:coded 100%. Now it is time to give me another KH game to play. =/ For now, I'm enjoying my free copy of inFamous. Hopefully Sony gets hacked again.. more free games for us lol jk

noheartx

The KH1 remaster would probably come first. Before turning a game like BBS into a remaster. BBS is still somewhat new to non-KH fans. I had to let a friend borrow mine like a month ago so he could play it. But thats not my point. Have they even started remastering anything? I mean, i know i heard Kitase was into remastering, but i don't really know how probable it is for it to actually happen. Square has a bunch of other projects to work on right now, like DDD, BBSV2 if its in production or rather hasn't started yet, FFXIII Agito and all that I never followed those games, forgive me if I'm mistaken), and then I know Deus Ex got pushed back, plus all the unfortunate natural disasters they had, it's no surprise they would be behind. So any reproduction, would come no time soon. Or so i believe.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The KH1 remaster would probably come first. Before turning a game like BBS into a remaster. BBS is still somewhat new to non-KH fans. I had to let a friend borrow mine like a month ago so he could play it. But thats not my point. Have they even started remastering anything? I mean, i know i heard Kitase was into remastering, but i don't really know how probable it is for it to actually happen. Square has a bunch of other projects to work on right now, like DDD, BBSV2 if its in production or rather hasn't started yet, FFXIII Agito and all that I never followed those games, forgive me if I'm mistaken), and then I know Deus Ex got pushed back, plus all the unfortunate natural disasters they had, it's no surprise they would be behind. So any reproduction, would come no time soon. Or so i believe.

True. With the disasters in Japan, alot of things have been delayed or even canceled. Like Dragon Ball Kai, I really wanted to see how they pulled off the Majin Buu stuff but I guess that's not happening yet. I think they may continue it later on and show the Buu stuff but not yet.

And I wouldn't be surprised if with all these disasters Nomura can't keep his atleast 1 KH game a year promise.

noheartx

True. With the disasters in Japan, alot of things have been delayed or even canceled. Like Dragon Ball Kai, I really wanted to see how they pulled off the Majin Buu stuff but I guess that's not happening yet. I think they may continue it later on and show the Buu stuff but not yet.

And I wouldn't be surprised if with all these disasters Nomura can't keep his atleast 1 KH game a year promise.

That does bring up a point. I forgot about the 1 KH game a year thing. Because i don't believe there's anyway, unless DDD is released by the Holiday, we're getting one this year. It really sucked for Nomura when those completely screwed his production. He already has enough crap to work on.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Ethnic Woman

My bad the other thread was the first one I saw in bold I didn't know.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
That does bring up a point. I forgot about the 1 KH game a year thing. Because i don't believe there's anyway, unless DDD is released by the Holiday, we're getting one this year. It really sucked for Nomura when those completely screwed his production. He already has enough crap to work on.

Actually BBSFM counts but it was release so early in the year though. But it counts as the 2011 release. RE:coded counts too in the US

noheartx

Wow i forgot about Re:Coded. And I even had the game. Shows how much i cared about that.

Then hopefully we'll get DDD in the Spring. I'm kinda doubting we'll get it by Jan or Feb :(. And possibly BBSV2 by the summer or 2012 holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back