• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix is ​​interested in adaptations PSP Remaster

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHHacker6595

Ok, I don't see the logic in just remastering BBS or Dissidia. HD Collections are the way to go, look at Konami and what there doing with the Metal Gear Solid Series, there remastering MGS 2, MGS 3, and the PSP title MGS Peace Walker, all on one disc. Peace Walker is relatively new, it was released last year, just like BBS. So what I was thinking, is for the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, Remaster, KH, KH II, and KH BBS, all on one Blu Ray Disc. I Highly doubt the Final Mix content will be added, and I don't really care anyway, I just want a way to play Kingdom Hearts on my PS3.

noheartx

Ok, I don't see the logic in just remastering BBS or Dissidia. HD Collections are the way to go, look at Konami and what there doing with the Metal Gear Solid Series, there remastering MGS 2, MGS 3, and the PSP title MGS Peace Walker, all on one disc. Peace Walker is relatively new, it was released last year, just like BBS. So what I was thinking, is for the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, Remaster, KH, KH II, and KH BBS, all on one Blu Ray Disc. I Highly doubt the Final Mix content will be added, and I don't really care anyway, I just want a way to play Kingdom Hearts on my PS3.

That would be great, but i don't think Square is going to go that way. They've never done it before, and they could have already with a FFVII collection, which i think would have a larger consumer total. It doesn't feel like a Square move to me.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted by KHHacker6595

Well if anything I think people would receive a KH HD collection better if the FM and FM+ for both KH and KH2 were included even a BBS FM. It just doesn't seem logical to go out and buy the same three games again especially if you got a PS2 already.

Yeah I know graphics may be pumped up, but after a while you're not even going to care about that part.

Tuna Rum

How about remastering some classic PSone Square titles to the PS3 such as Tactics, Parasite Eve, Valkyrie Profile, FFIX, etc instead of titles released in the last 5 years? They need to can Kitase and bring back Sakaguchi before its too late.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
How about remastering some classic PSone Square titles to the PS3 such as Tactics, Parasite Eve, Valkyrie Profile, FFIX, etc instead of titles released in the last 5 years? They need to can Kitase and bring back Sakaguchi before its too late.

"Remasters" aren't remakes; they're ports of PS2 games in 1080p. Needless to say, you don't really want to look at PSOne games in 1080p. =P

Tuna Rum

"Remasters" aren't remakes; they're ports of PS2 games in 1080p. Needless to say, you don't really want to look at PSOne games in 1080p. =P

I'd rather have any of the games I mentioned above in 1080p than any of Square's PS2 titles released after 2005.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I'd rather have any of the games I mentioned above in 1080p than any of Square's PS2 titles released after 2005.

They'd look hideous. Here's FFIX in 720p -- the backgrounds are super-low res, the animations are janky (and quite possibly limited to 15 frames per second), and the textures look hideous stretched out (though proper texture filtering does help somewhat). It wouldn't look terrible emulated on the PSP or 3DS' screen, but they still wouldn't be able to sell it for any more than they already sell the original PSOne version for on PSN.

I wouldn't argue against a proper remake of any of the above games (apart from mentioning that Tactics already has one of those), but those games are so old that remasters are utterly pointless. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back