• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul Eater: Path To Dawn (Rp thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
~Not my style~

A mission that forced them all to work as a team? Tsuki didn't like this at all, not one tiny bit whatsoever.

Hanyuu on the other hand was ecstatic

"This is going to be so good for you!" she gushed "this is the perfect chance for you to make new friends and get to know people!"

"I can hardly wait, i'm soooo excited" Tsuki replied dryly "A new group of people to think i'm a freak"

Hanyuu pouted "If I have to i'll stop talking to you until you make some new friends!"

Tsuki sighed. He wondered if he could convince the teacher to let him stay away from the mission. He brightened a little at that. He'd gotten along just fine with only Hanyuu before and he knew he'd continue to be just fine now. He looked over at Hypnos and caught his eye. The man shook his head and Tsuki was crushed. Its like he read his mind!

"See? You've got no choice!"

Tsuki moaned and put his head in his arms. He supposed he might as well go and collect his stuff. His gear for a long mission ahead. But then he heard Henry say that he was going to do the same thing. Well. There goes that idea.

"Henry seems like a pretty nice guy"

"He's obnoxious and thinks he's more popular than he really is" Tsuki growled "I can only hope i'm there when that kid gets a reality check"

Hanyuu hummed but didn't say anything. She was a kind person and it took a lot to get her to actively dislike a person. It would take far longer than a single conversation to change her mind about Henry.

“Tsuki, are you ready for this? I mean, not that you wouldn’t be, but… hey, we get to all work together, that’s nice, right? I’m H-Harmony.” a voice called over to him. The boy looked up and Hanyuu squealed in excitement.

"Go over to them! Go go go go go go!" she actually tried to push him over there but being a ghost went right through him

"I'm going...i'm going" he mumbled and she clapped her hands as he walked over to Harmony and Race..the boy who had been behind her.

"Yeah I think it'll be..nice" he said politely, managing a smile at the earnest girl in front of him.

“H-have you ever m-met a witch? I…haven’t.”

Neither Tsuki nor Race it seemed was very fond of witches

"Yea. I watched as my brother was killed by a Witch some years ago. That woman was insanely strong to kill someone from my family." Race growled out, slamming his fist on the desk and collapsing it. Tsuki raced his eyebrows

"Poor guy" Hanyuu sighed sadly

Tsuki half shrugged in agreement as Race walked away before telling Harmony he'd save a spot for her on the bus.

and then it was just the two of them.

"I've met witches" he said to her. After all, he wasn't rude. He just wasn't a fan of people picking on him and so he kept his distance. But maybe Harmony was different. "My dad was killed by...by someone..and I lived alone on the streets till I came here. I was attacked by witches regularly" he shook his head at the pre-Hanyuu memories "But i've beaten one before.." never mind it was a fluke "..so i'm sure we won't have any problems"

He vaguely wondered if their soul wavelengths matched but shoved the thought away.

"Ask her to walk to the buses with you" Hanyuu ordered. Sounding stern as she floated behind Harmony. Tsuki's eyes widened a little and he furiously shook his head no then silently swore

"eheheh..cold chill" he coughed. Hanyuu wouldn't be denied. "do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! DO IT!!!"

"DO YOU WANT TO WALK TO THE BUSES WITH ME?!" Tsuki blurted out, far louder than he intended. He gulped and Hanyuu cheered as she eagerly awaited Harmony's response. Cheerful at the idea of Tsuki making a friend. Tsuki meanwhile was sweating bullets. He probably looked like such a fool.

Its like I'm TRYING to get made fun of...

---

~The best tag team ever. Allegedly~

“I just don’t understand why I have to go along on this mission too” Henry was grumbling as he stepped inside of Soul Lion.

“Well maybe if you stopped causing as much trouble then you wouldn’t get assigned punishments like this” Bella replied “But I think you would have been drafted anyways, like Touketsu and Jev were”

Henry shrugged as he reached the candy aisle and grabbed a few of the bigger bags. Sour candy was his fix after all. Going from 'date every week' to 'no hugs for him' wasn’t as simple as one might believe. It was similar to addictive substances, you can’t just quit cold turkey on short notice. But while some people had gum to chew and patches and such, Henry resorted to his sour patch kids. He went through half a bag a day when he was busy training or on a tough mission and had just run out the day before.

“What’s up Henry? How ya doing?”

The meister jumped as Lord D waved to him from the magazine section. The reaper might not be able to leave the city, but he could still go wherever he felt like inside of it. Henry halfheartedly waved back and walked over to him

“Not that great” he replied “I just found out about that mission you sent me and Touketsu on”

“Ahhh. Teamwork” nodded Death “That one’s going to be tough”

“But i’m GREAT at teamwork!” Henry protested “I helped save the owners of this store from certain doom once!”

“I heard that was Touketsu” Death replied

“Well yeah, that’s how the story and the song go, but in reality I was just as big a part of it as Touketsu was” Henry said

*Flashback*

Tai
shi
ki
KAIFUKU!!

(“Wait so you’re the red and Touketsu is the green?” “Yeah!” “Gotcha”)

Twin waves of energy, one black and the other blue, shot towards a gigantic orge creature, slamming into him and knocking him to the ground with a crash.

“The bigger they are the harder they fall!” Henry cheered

“Hn” Touketsu looked pleased as well but the cave was collapsing. The duo had been sent on a simple mission to locate a family that might be being attacked by a powerful kishin egg. The duo and their partners had followed the clues all the way to this cave, where they confronted the monster and entered battle with it.

“You get that family out and i’ll finish the egg” Henry called, redoubling his grip on Bella and charging forwards. The orge roared and Henry leapt forwards, aiming a stab at it’s throat. But the orge slammed it’s fist into Henry’s stomach. His eyes widened and he was thrown back, hitting the dusty ground.

“Are you okay?!” Bella asked, concerned

“Yeah” Henry gritted his teeth and stood up, as the ogre grabbed him and lifted him up in the air, slamming it’s fist into his side. Henry let out a yell of pain as he worked his arm free, slashing the creature’s head and causing it to drop him as it roared in pain, blood spurting out of the cut on its head.

“Hate...cough....orge....cough...kishin eggs...cough” Henry wheezed. Meanwhile Touketsu had safely got the family of four from the collapsing cave

“Is Henry going to be okay?” one of the smaller kids asked, looking fearful

(“How do you know about the parts you weren’t there for?” “That’s not important”)

“Yeah i’m sure he’ll be fine” Touketsu said, confidently “Because after all..”

*beat*

“He’s not just my best friend*

*beat*

“He’s my...”

The entrance was completely blocked by rocks and the wife gasped while the husband looked down in despair

“...eternal rival!”

There was a flash of light and the rocks in front of the cave entrance were blown apart. Henry slowly but surly walking out of the cave. Bloody but victorious. He grinned, giving Touketsu a thumbs up

Touketsu returned it, sharing the grin.

------

Death turned to Bella “How much of that story was true?”

“The whole last part was complete crap. All we know is that Henry ran out of the cave after killing the ogre and smiled at Touketsu, who smirked back” Bella replied “Henry’s exaggerating bits again”

“MY POINT” Henry said “Is that we don’t need to go on this silly quest”

“Well punishment’s punishment” Lord D shrugged “Besides you’ve only got about twenty minutes left. If I were you i’d pay for those sour patch kids and head for the buses”

“Will do” Henry nodded, sighing at the idea of going on what he thought was a pointless mission, and walked over to the counter

“I hope we get to the buses in time” Bella fretted

Henry grinned “We have twenty minutes. The buses are a five minute walk from here. We have MORE than enough time to reach our destination!” he said reassuringly.

Bella could swear she’s heard this line before...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muramasa

Making their way to the buses, Jev could already see two of their classmates were aboard. Looks like we weren't the first ones their and we'll be waiting for the rest of them to show up thought Jev, hefting his bag up on his shoulder before boarding the bus. Making his way to his seat, Jev caught a bit of Race converstation "So how many witches do you think there will be? It's been a while since I've fought one." Not like he directed the question to me but at Toketsu. Hell with it, I have to talk to these guys some time!Best do it now than later! thought Jev, taking a seat nearby and placing his bag on the floor in front of his feet.

"I don't think Mr.Hypnos was exaggerating that our mission was going to be dangerous" said Jev, looking at Race. "Theirs bound to be a few witches there. I haven't fought one personally but I don't think it's going to be easy" said Jev, feeling a hand on his shoulder. "I think what Jev is trying to say, is that it's likely their'll be more than enough to go around if thats what your worried about" said Love, with a smile.

Oh right, forgot Love was with me. Sigh I think I was doing just fine trying to talk to Race on my own. I still haven't introduce myself really well but I guess its to late to do that now. Since I jumped right into their conversation. Did I make a fool of myself for speaking up? thought Jev, feeling a bit out of place.

"We can't out right attack the witches till we know their involvement with the Kishin eggs" pointed out Love, taking the empty seat besides Jev. "Neither of us have fought a witch but you sound like you have, Race" said Love, curiously.

If we get one I'll be closer to becoming a death scythe for Lord D! thought Love excitedly. Galancing at her partner, Love could tell Jev was trying his hardest to talk to his classmates. Took you long enough Jev, I know it's hard but your on the right track. We'll need all the help we can get if this mission of ours turns into a handful. Race is strong and would be a good idea to try to befriend him.

"Wonder how long the buses will wait for the rest of our classmates to show up?" said Jev, thinking aloud and seeing no one else had arrived just yet.

Awards
Harmony regretted even opening her mouth if nothing but stupid things were coming out. She had finally managed to ask a question she thought was good, but none of the others seemed to like it at all. Were witches such a touchy subject? She made a mental note to avoid mentioning them from now on.

"Yea. I watched as my brother was killed by a Witch some years ago. That woman was insanely strong to kill someone from my family." Race growled.

Harmony frowned and tried to think of something to say as a form of comfort. Before she could force out a single word, though, Race slammed his fist onto the table, crumbling it. More important than a broken desk, though, was Race's wounded hand."Are you o..." Harmony started to say, but Race quickly tended to it himself and left the group. "Race..." Harmony whispered, still worried. "I'll meet you there, then," she called back to him as he left. Raine had already left, so now she was alone with Tsuki.

"I've met witches" he said to her. "My dad was killed by...by someone..and I lived alone on the streets till I came here. I was attacked by witches regularly. But i've beaten one before...so i'm sure we won't have any problems"

"You've beaten a witch?" Harmony said, utterly amazed. Witches were amazing strong, right? And weapons had to eat one of their souls to become a death scythe! So, Tsuki was really strong then? "It's... too bad. If you had a... partner...a weapon...she'd be lucky... or he, or he!" Harmony giggled nervously. "Um..."

Suddenly, Tsuki's eyes widened just a little and he started shaking his head furiously. "eheheh..cold chill" he coughed.

Harmony patted his back softly and opened her mouth to ask if he would be okay. She couldn't get out the words, though, so she finally just smiled at him weakly.

"DO YOU WANT TO WALK TO THE BUSES WITH ME?!"

Harmony's ears turned slightly red, and she stared at him for a second. Was there a reason he had yelled at her? Had she offended him? Or messed up? "I'd... like that. Is there something you need to get?" Harmony kept most of her necessities with her at all times. Enough Death Dollars for her were in her pocket, she was her own weapon, she had a few bandages in her other pocket... there was nothing else she thought she would need."I just... need to make a call."

There was something she'd need to do, though. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number quickly. She barely had to wait for a response at all.

"CARROT TOP! YOU NEVER CALL!"

"Potato," Harmony responded, pulling the phone back from her ear. How had she forgotten how loud her cousin could be? "We have a fieldtrip to some place called Steampunk. Do you know anyone there?" she asked jokingly.

There was laughter on the other line. "Oh, yes, I'll get her to meet you there! So, any news? You a death scythe yet? Got a meister? Any crushes?"

"I'll have to tell you when I see you," Harmony said, laughing. "How about you?"

"I guess you'll see, carrot."

"Whatever you say, potato." With that, Harmony hung up, smiling gleefully. She blushed when she remembered Tsuki was still there. "...My cousin, Michelle. She'll... meet us in town." Harmony took his hand and pulled gently. "If you're ready, we can go ahead and head to the buses. Or....I'll wait if you have something to get... Lead the way, I'll follow..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michelle hung up her phone and jumped up from her bed. "I bet Carrot's still just a cute little girl, after ten years," she joked as she tied her hair long brown up in an orange ribbon. "Wait 'til she hears about who was just about to join their school. She'll freak."

After checking her ponytail in the mirror for a few more minutes, Michelle stood up and stretched. "It's about time we handled these bitc-- I mean witches." After thinking about it for a second more, she laughed and added, "No, wait, I don't."

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Race was expecting an answer from the one sitting near him, but one of the others is where he gets his answer from. Race looks to the two as Jev starts talking about Witches in general while Love says that there should be plenty of them for everyone. Race knows that if there was a Witch for each member of this trip then they were royally screwed. To his knowledge there have only been two members of the group that have fought against a Witch: Himself and Toketsu. Instead he just waves the thought of there being plenty of Witches to the side and looks to the girl as she falls into the seat next to her partner. She even seems to know about the fact that he's fought against one before.

"Yea, but I had help from a Meister and weapon team. All that I really did was help them out a bit, that's all."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Race! Get down!"

Before Race could think of anything, he finds himself pinned to the ground by a girl half his size. He quickly shakes the impact from his vision and gets up just to see the ground under the feet of a boy just a few years older than him explode. With this the girl that had saved Race yells out in fear of losing someone special to her and runs towards the smoking body of her Meister. Race just stares in horror as the woman that reminds him of a mole more than anything starts dancing around in joy at how she seems to be winning. Race glares at the woman before he charges at her in a blind rage. But the woman just laughs harder as she rolls three bombs from the inside of her palm as if they were only bowling balls.

Race curses at this and dives over the first wave, having learned the hard way that they are not to be touched, and rolls to a stop just as the second bomb hit his foot. In that brief moment he shield his vital organs with the rest of his body and feels himself being surrounded by inhuman heat. But luckily this one was weak enough to not knock him too far off his path. Instead he was just slid back a considerable amount before the third and last one sends large rocks at him after hitting some debris from an earlier attack. Race pays the rocks no mind before he continues his charge only to have the woman send out even more bombs. But this time Race is prepared. He takes the time to throw several rocks at the objects to hit them and make them explode while still close to the Witch.

The plan was a success! With that Race dives into the smoke and flames covering where the Witch just was and quickly finds his target. He grabs the woman by the face and begins to constantly slam her into anything hard that he can find. But once he shattered everything hard with her skull, he moved on to sharp things. Eventually this led him to leaping high into the air with the woman before landing in a pile of stone rubble and steel support rods. The woman screams out in pain with the metal going through her body until the fists of Race silence the creature. But even after she is reduced to nothing more than a twitching pile of flesh, Race continues to beat the woman as a if he were being controlled by some demon. It isn't until the girl from before calls out his name and catches his attention.

"Race, that's enough! We have her, so let's just take her soul and leave!"

Race looks to the woman as he tries to catch his breath only to notice that she is acting as the support for her Meister who seems to be nothing but a badly burnt corpse. But he takes this sight to channel all of his anger into a single blow aimed at the the Witch's face. The punch finally crushes the woman's skull and causes the body to vanish leaving only her soul. Race grabs the floating item and moves back to the other two. He hands the soul over to the girl and tosses his friend onto his shoulders to carry him back to the DWMA.

"And let's hope that we dont' have an experience like that again. Toketsu here might know the story I'm talking about."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- A whole lot of give -~

Raine watched from her perch as more kids arrived at the buses, hopping down from the tree; she grabbed her backpack and headed over. Climbing on, she heard the last of Race's comment. Looking at him briefly, she tore her gaze away and made her way to the back of the bus. Sitting down, Raine angled so she could rest her head against the window.

Okay, everyone on this mission could use some kind of help, but why us of all the students? She mused silently, relieved that the window was opened back here. Giving the girl easy access to the world around her. Maybe I should say something to them, but then again... Her thoughts trailed off into silence, not that she minded the silence in her head.

She tried to think of what to say, Race didn't seem comfortable with the discussion of witches. If she was being honest, she couldn't blame him that much. Shaking her head in defeat, Raine pulled out a well worn, well loved hardcover book and flipped to the page she was on. Now, where was I? She thought. Raine knew it was silly to read her book, between lack of interest and needing to get to know them; but she was too scared.

Watching them over the top of her book, she tried to think of what to do. Shrugging it off, she put it away and continued to stare out the window, curious to know who’d arrive next. Maybe things won’t be so bad. she thought, a soft smile teasing her lips.

~- Show Me the Light -~

His eyes scanned his surroundings, trying to catch a glimpse for any sign of her. "Where are you Earth Singer?" He whispered, wanting to find her more then anything. Her existence meant everything to him. The blond couldn't say how long he's been searching, but he does know it's been for at least six months, maybe even more. Hopping off of a ledge, he pinned his wings to his side.

Eyes scanned the horizon, hoping, praying that she'd summoned hers and was flying. I can't let Mabaa get a hold of her...Mabaa would use her powers and destroy her. Kicking the ground in frustration, his eyes flashed a dangerous shade of blue. Taking a deep, shaky breath to calm himself, the blond closed his eyes to think. Remember, she's strong enough to look after herself; she's always been like that.

What does it matter? She's still just a child, so what are the chances she can protect herself? He hastily shook his head, banishing the negative thoughts from his mind. "That's not important!" He shouted, frustration crawling along his skin.

Silently counting to calm himself, the blond felt his body change into the form of a raven. Flying into the sky, he rode the winds all the way across town, searching for any form of salvation. He didn't care what form it took, he just didn't want to think about the chaos running through his mind.

He didn't want to stay trapped in the darkness anymore.

He wanted someone to show him the light again.

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Friends?~

"I'd... like that. Is there something you need to get?"

Tsuki was so surprised that she actually agreed to accompany him to the buses he simply stared at her dumbfounded for a good thirty seconds before her question finally registered.

“Oh..umm” did he need anything? He had his wallet full of death dollars so...nahh.

“I’m fine, I don’t need anything” he smiled at her. She excused herself to make a call and Tsuki looked over at Hanyuu, who was doing a jig of victory

“He made a friend! He made a friend! He made a friend! He made a friend!” Tsuki smiled at her antics and rolled his eyes

“Its not that big of a deal you know” he half whispered. No need for Harmony to see him ‘talking to himself’

“But this is the first actual friend you’ve made since you got here!” Hanyuu replied “I’m throwing a party!”

“But your a ghost...”

“Doesn’t matter!”

Tsuki was about to respond when he heard footsteps behind him, it seemed Harmony was finished with her phone call.

"...My cousin, Michelle. She'll... meet us in town." Harmony took his hand and pulled gently. Hanyuu squealed at seeing the contact and Tsuki felt his face grow warm. Possibly making a new friend was exciting enough (although he was sure Hanyuu was excited enough for the both of them) but contact? Tsuki wasn’t used to such things.

If you're ready, we can go ahead and head to the buses. Or....I'll wait if you have something to get... Lead the way, I'll follow...”

“I’m fine, lets head to the buses” Tsuki said “its not that far of a walk”

A good five or six minutes. But unlike a certain obnoxious meister Tsuki knew, HE could get there in plenty of time. The problem would be holding a conversation...Tsuki wasn’t good at those..

But at Hanyuu’s insistence he told Harmony about what his family was like before their death’s, how he and his father would go off and do things and inquired about her family, desperately hoping that she wasn’t getting bored at his feeble attempts at conversation.

Gosh he was out of practice.

They made it to the buses and from the looks of things everyone else had already arrived..
“Figures Braveheart hasn’t got here yet” Tsuki snorted as he and Harmony prepared to get on the bus, the disdain for the other meister clear in his voice. “Poor Bella” Hanyuu made a disapproving noise

“I’m sure he has a good reason for being late” she said and Tsuki shook his head. He focused on Harmony again

“So umm, where are you sitting?” he asked

---

~and so we go~

“We have twenty minutes you said. The buses are a five minute walk from here you said. We have MORE than enough time to reach our destination you said!” Bella was seething as she and Henry dashed towards the bus stop, bags packed and on their backs.

“I’m sorry I made a few...wrong turns..” Henry apologized, sheepish

“Few wrong turns? You lead us into the RED LIGHT DISTRICT! We’ve lived here for three years and I didn’t know this city even HAD a red light district!” Bella raged “I swear if one more person offers me “jiffy sniff” or whatever its called..”

“Well we’re right on track now aren’t we?” Henry pointed at the buses in the distance. They were almost there and they were only a minute or two late

“Yeah. Because I had the sense to stop and ask for directions” Bella replied

They stopped running as soon as they reached the buses, panting and gasping for breath, Bella narrowing her eyes at Henry who smiled apologetically. The climbed up the steps and found seats of their own. Bella next to Raine and Henry across the aisle from her.

“Are you all comfortable?” the bus driver called “Its about a half hour or so trip provided nothing happens! Enjoy the ride!”

With that the doors closed and the bus began to roll, Henry smiled. He wasn’t cheerful about going on the mission but he supposed that seeing a new city would have its perks right? He opened his bag of sour candy and popped a few in his mouth.

He might as well make the best of things.
----

Awards
The sound of their steps, of something scurrying, of something dripping, of something chirping- such were the things Harmony tried to focus on so she felt less awkward while she walked with Tsuki to the buses. Not to say she disliked this- she was ecstatic to get to walk together with someone for a change. Tsuki Yagami. She would have to add his name to her list as well. The list she had left on her desk...

Harmony didn't really mind that, though. She could remember enough to add on when she came back. In fact, it was probably better that no one else saw that. They would probably consider it weird.

A few topics of conversation bounced around in her mind, because suddenly the fact that they were being so quiet that she heard something that sounded like a pen drop was bothering her. Luckily, Tsuki was the one to start. Surprisingly, he talked about his late family members. Harmony hesitated, wondering if it would be okay for her to talk about her family if Tsuki didn't have one anymore. But it would be worse to not respond at all, so she told him about her father training together with her and her mother taking her shopping to get pretty outfits for this school that she still hadn't worn; she decided to talk about Michelle a little, too, since he was actually about to meet her. Would they get along?

When they arrived at the buses, Harmony noticed that almost everyone else was already on. Now that the two of them had made it, the group was only missing Henry and Bella, which wasn't surprising. Henry seemed to be late a lot.

Figures Braveheart hasn’t got here yet” Tsuki snorted as he and Harmony prepared to get on the bus, the disdain for the other meister clear in his voice. “Poor Bella

Harmony looked at the ground, a little sad to hear that there was tension between Henry and Tsuki. Or, at the very least, Tsuki obviously didn't like him. So not everyone liked Henry, then. She tried to think of something to say, but the only things that came to mind were the weather or the birds. “So umm, where are you sitting?” she heard him ask.

"Oh, with... with Race. He's... saving me a seat." Harmony let go of Tsuki's hand and quickly said, "I liked walking with you. Thank you for that... let's do it again...sometime." After that, she walked onto the bus and had no trouble spotting Tsuki. Walking past others on here was nerve-racking, but when she finally reached Race again she tried to calm down. "Are you okay now?" she asked, looking down at his hand. The infirmary had taken care of his wounds, it seems.

Harmony wasn't sure how long they had been waiting for Henry and Bella when they finally arrived on the bus. She noticed that they chose to sit near Raine, and absentmindedly wondered if anyone else was as bad at this "teamwork" thing as she was.

The bus driver announced that the trip would be about a half hour as he started driving. A half hour surrounded by others on a bus, Harmony mused. "Fun..." she said, hopefully, smiling at Tsuki and Race. She texted to Michelle, "30 Minutes", then turned her attention back at the others. Bella, Touketsu, Keeley, Charity, Race, Tsuki, Raine, Melody, Rea, Jev and Love. And Henry, too. Of everyone on the bus, she knew Tsuki and Race the most- personally, at least. Rumors could hardly count as knowing someone. Then there were Henry and Raine, who she'd spoken to a little before this. And the rest, Harmony had almost never talked to before, if at all. She would have to change that today if they planned on working together efficiently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michelle paced impatiently at a bus stop, not even sure if this was where Harmony's bus would stop at. She had hoped they would be here sooner than this. Finally, she heard her phone vibrate and pulled it out. "'30 Minutes'? You couldn't have told me that before?" she said through gritted teeth. Carrot top was usually faster than this. At least that was how it went in the races they used to have where Harmony always seemed to win.

Michelle wondered who else was coming along with Harmony. Hopefully no one annoying. If Harmony did have a meister -or a friend, or a crush, whatever- and he was the annoying one, Harmony would have to either duct tape his mouth shut or do without. What kind of meister would Harmony have gotten, anyway? "Hurry up," Michelle yelled; she was actually serious about this little witch hunt they were going on, after all.

Last edited:

Muramasa

"Yea, but I had help from a Meister and weapon team. All that I really did was help them out a bit, that's all."

"And let's hope that we dont' have an experience like that again. Toketsu here might know the story I'm talking about."

Love nodded while she listened to Race, only to inwardly wince at the last of his words. Looks like my own people skills need some brushing up on too. The subject of witches must be a touché one. Feeling Jev hand grab ahold of hers, they shared an uneasy smile. From the look of things making friends isn't going to be as easy as I once thought. I like Race but it's gonna take a lot more effort to get to know him. thought Love, leaning back against her seat to get comfortable. So it's a team effort to take down a witch. We've got a lot of work cut out for us.

Jev simply listen in but wanted to know the full story but thought better of it. That can be saved for another time, I would like to meet some of the others and get a perspective on them. Speaking of our classmates looks like they've finally arrived. thought Jev, watching everyone take a seat or make their way closer to them. Neither of us are really good at making friends but if worse comes to worse, I know I have Love with me and to watch my back in battle.

“Are you all comfortable?” the bus driver called “Its about a half hour or so trip provided nothing happens! Enjoy the ride!”

What the hell does provided nothing happens mean? Are we going to get attacked or something on our way to Steam Punk City? thought Jev, scowling before watching the scenery begin to pass by him in the window. For awhile Jev tuned out everyone on the bus while thinking of the mission ahead of them.

Will all of us make it back? What if one of us dies and doesn't make it back to the academy? What happens than? I dont think Lord D sent us on a sucide assigntment but still it bothers me to think about it. No i cant think like that, he wouldnt send us if he didnt think we could handle it or if we werent strong enough. Feeling a hand squeeze his, Jev could see a look of concern in Love's eyes. "It's nothing Love, just thinking to much" said Jev, reassuring her before returning to his thoughts. Wonder if I'll come across that Evil human that tried to kill me? I haven't found it yet and I can't let myself get scared now. I have to survive! So I can find it and destroy it!

Feeling a smile come across his face, Jev took a good look at his classmates. I haven't been to Steam Punk City before and I wonder what it's like. It would be my first to go there but some of the others might know what it's like. Just the word Steam Punk makes think of steel buildings an factories with steam coming out of them. Even robots but that's just silly.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
After running for a while, he had finally found the source of the Kishin presence.

A warehouse right on the edge of town. V.L.A.D wondered why they chose such an easy-to-find location. It screams discovery.

This one was rather dilapidated; holes everywhere on the roof, stray shingles tossed about in rage and/or joy.

One of the holes in the roof had a structural rod that could act as a foothold. Perfect.

V.L.A.D jumps up to the hole using his enhanced abilities, eventually perching on the rod-holding Batman-style.

Down below, the three Kishin are heard talking.

"Heh, I loved how loud that old woman screamed! It was hilarious!"

"Do not be so loud, you want us to be found?!"

"I'm hungry."

These three had the appearance of purple, ghost-like dogs; though their flesh seemed squishy, like a blob's. In fact, it was transparent. Right by their heads were pink orbs. Their brains, probably. It seemed like an easy target, but these Kishin grew to be this powerful despite having such a glaring flaw, then chances are there's a catch.

A spear would work nicely for this; unless V.L.A.D wanted to slash and hack at regenerative flesh for two point seven hours. No.

V .L.A.D's right hand physically morphs as robotic parts mesh together to form a semi-massive spear.

The least intelligent one was right under V.L.A.D. He'd be the best target.

"INITIATING_SURPRISE_ATTACK_NOW."

V.L.A.D jumps from the supportive rod, spear pointed downwards.

"I'm still hun-"

SQUISH!

"HOLY-!!!"

The Spear, as predicted, landed directly into the pink orb of the unintelligent Kishin, as it let out an ear-splitting scream. It's flailing body indirectly knocks V.L.A.D backwards, spear and all. Luckily, V.L.A.D regains his balance on the ground, bracing himself with his left hand.

The Kishin he stabbed runs around the room for a good twenty seconds, just before melting into a purplish, goo-like puddle.

"He took out Franky!" The impulsive one says, just before giving the android a menacing stare. "What the hell d'ya think your'e doin', ya Meister bitch?"

"Wait..." Says the smart one. "That's no Meister you moron. It's Queen Maaba's second-in-command. You fool, I told you to keep your trap shut! We're screwed now!"

"SURPRISE_ATTACK_SUCCESSFUL." V.L.A.D says. "BY_ORDERS_OF_QUEEN_MAABA,_YOU_ARE_TO_BE_EXECUTED."

"For what?" The smart one says. "We have served the queen for years! What have we done?"

"REASONING_IS_IRRELEVANT." V.L.A.D says. "QUEEN_MAABA'S_ORDERS_STAND. RESISTING_IS_FUTILE. ACTIVATING_COMBAT_MODE."

"Grr!!!" Says Impulse. "Ya hunk o' junk!"

The Impulsive one rushes at V.L.A.D, the android dodging to the right. A spear will only work here if it hits his target's weak point; and he can only do that if he can get into position Running on slime is fruitless, even for V.L.A.D's enhanced feet.

"DELAYING_THE_INEVITABLE_IS_ILLOGICAL." V.L.A.D says.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
"Are you okay now?"

Race looks over to Harmony as she slides into the seat next to him and smiles with a nod. He then notices how her eyes move down to his hands and he guesses that she's a little worried about him. He has to admit, that got him. In all honesty something in his mind tells him to just hug her right there, but a bigger part of his mind tells him not to. He decides to go with the majority vote. Instead he slides into a bit of a more comfortable position and listens as the driver mentions that the trip will take roughly half an hour to get to the destination. It's then that Harmony says something else so he looks at her with a small smile.

"Don't worry. Dude and I will keep you entertained."

He looks back to Tsuki and gives him a thumbs up. That gesture turns into a simple open hand which he slides through the opening. "The name's Race. Don't think we got a proper introduction. But judging how you and Harmony here got on the bus together, I'd say that you're her friend, Meister or lover. Which means that you're good enough to be my friend. Just not my Meister or lover. I'm not a weapon and I don't swing that way." He smiles at his own bad joke and looks around briefly. Just his luck, Henry managed to make it in time. "Great... That guy showed up."

Without thinking he moves his hand back to his side and tries to think of something to talk about. With his skills at interacting with others, he only knows of basic introductions and picking a fight. He has already gotten through introducing himself to the others and he doesn't want to fight his own allies. So in all honesty he's at a loss for words. Still, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small coin. With a simple movement the coin appears to vanish and appear in his other pocket. He knows that it's a cheap trick, but it's something that he does when he can't think of anything. But then something hits him. He looks to the other two with an evil grin on his face.

"Okay, you two. How about we break apart Weapon and Meister teams for a game. Tell us who you think would make a great couple and why. I'll give the winner 100 Death Dollars." With that he looks up at Love and Jev and says, "You two be the judges. I want this to be a legit as possible. I'll throw in an extra 50 each for your services."

Muramasa

"You two be the judges. I want this to be a legit as possible. I'll throw in an extra 50 each for your services."

Love looked up at Race in surprise and nudged Jev to see if he was paying attention. Did I hear right? Judges for a game of his? I'm in! thought Love, glancing at Harmony and Tsuki. This ought to be good! Wonder if they really are a couple or not? Plenty of potential around and I get to be a judge!. "I'm up for it and you don't have to pay us" said Love. Since I'm a girl this will be a piece of cake!

"Sure man, I'm game" said Jev, ready to judge at any time. All the while he thought I think Love would be a better judge of this than I am. But a game to break the awkward silence and tension was good thinking. And it gives us all something to do while we wait for this bus to arrive to our destination.

Greatest couple here, wonder who they will pick thought Jev, finding Love squirming in her seat with anticipation for the game to start amusing. "So are their any rules before the game starts?" asked Jev, touching his ear to yank on the metal loop piercing their. Wonder if Race is included in this? Who would they pair him with? Me an Love aren't a couple, so she's pretty much well.. Available. Just thinking that is weird! thought Jev, laughing at himself.

Gonna be a hard decision for those two, especially since we don't all know each other completely. But the results ought to be amusing maybe even hilarious.

"If you don't mind Race, I would also like to know who they would pick to be the worst couple here" added in Jev. "Just to keep the game going" said Jev, with a shrug.

Awards
Harmony was beginning to doubt the practically of sending students who needed to work on teamwork against witches. This would turn out fine, wouldn't it? They had Henry and Touketsu, though. The two best meisters in her class, if the rumors were true. And Michelle was no push-over, either. In fact, none of them were really weak, were they? Just not good at teamwork. Would that be good enough for this, though? These were witches, right? Even if it turned out to be just one witch, a witch was nothing to think lightly of.

Race's voice snapped her out of her worries, though. She giggled softly at his and "Dude's" vow. "Thanks," Harmony said, smiling. She was glad to see that Race and Tsuki were getting acquainted now, too. She blushed when she heard him mention that he must be her "friend, meister, or lover", though. "F-friend!" she stuttered as an answer, glancing back at Tsuki. "I... think we're friends...right? And," she took a breath as she paused before addressing Race quietly. "We're friends, too... right?" Hopefully they were. That would mean that she'd already met part of her goal. And both of them were apparently meisters, so maybe one of their wavelengths matched hers? It appeared that neither Race nor Tsuki liked Henry at all, though, but Harmony was too nervous to ask them why. Had something happened between them?

She looked around, her awkwardness having returned already. The magic trick Race did brought the smile back to her face, though. Maybe I should talk about Michelle... Before she could even open her mouth, though, she noticed a foreboding grin on Race's face. "W-what?"

"Okay, you two. How about we break apart Weapon and Meister teams for a game. Tell us who you think would make a great couple and why. I'll give the winner 100 Death Dollars."

"C-couple...?" Harmony asked, flustered. "Why... A-all of a sudden...?" Harmony tried to find the proper words as she looked from Race to Tsuki to Jev to Love- and, briefly, to Henry- but nothing coherent came out of her mouth. Sighing in defeat, she finally agreed to play when she saw that Jev and Love had agreed to judge. And, now they had to pick worse couple, too?

"I'll start," Harmony finally said. "What would guys think of me and..." she couldn't say Henry, no matter how much she wanted to see his response. "and Tsuki. Or Race. I think we'd make a...a good couple... right? And... a bad couple... would be... Race and H-henry..." Harmony laughed at that, know she at least was spot on about the final pair. "Is that how we do it? Or am I doing this wrong?" she asked Race excitedly. "I think I named a good bad pair, don't you?"

After a second, though, Harmony had second thoughts about her nomination for "worst couple". She realized that pairing him with Henry might make Race mad. "Or, or not. Sorry," Harmony pulled a lock of her hair to her mouth and chewed it nervously. A bad habit that she thought she had stopped now, but she had to do something to keep her mouth occupied before something else asinine came out.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Curiosity Has the Weapon -~

Raine watched Harmony and Tsuki climb on; it seemed like only a few minutes had passed before Bella and Henry had clambered on. Eying the meister-weapon team; Raine didn't say anything as Bella sat down next to her. If anything, she readjusted the way she was sitting and turned to look out the window. What was she supposed to say anyway? She didn't know how either of them was, but the best way to learn was by asking questions, right?

The bus driver told them it‘d be half an hour; earning a silent groan from Raine. Thirty minutes in a bus; and who knows how much greenery when we reached Steam Punk City. I doubt there’d be much, if any at all. she thought, resting her head once again against the cool pane of glass, she watched Bella and Henry. So, he likes Sour Patch Kids? She noted silently.

"Okay, you two. How about we break apart Weapon and Meister teams for a game. Tell us who you think would make a great couple and why. I'll give the winner 100 Death Dollars."

Raine perked up at that; suddenly curious if they could join in too. Listening to the responses, she glanced at Bella and asked quietly, "What do you think about Harmony and Race being a couple? Any sort of chemistry?" Thinking about another question, she asked just as soft, "And is Henry normally like that?"

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
At first was the initial shock of being paired up with Harmony. But this gets dulled down shortly after she mentions that a bad team-up would be Henry and himself. But the girl seems so excited about her choices, that he doesn't have the heart to tell her that he meant a romantic couple. Still, he thinks things over and looks back towards Jev and Love. He still plans to pay them, but there seems to be something extra behind the eyes of Love. He can't really place it, but he knows that something is there. With that he places his hand on his chin and begins to think about what was said. He admits that he wouldn't be against the idea of himself with Harmony, but there was no way in Hell he would be with Henry. He decides to take a chance.

"Going with what I meant with 'couple', I rather like the idea of me and you together. As for me and Henry, I kinda meant a romantic couple."

He quickly feels his face heat up after he says his words, but then notices the sudden interest being shown by Raine. He admits that it might be more fun if they managed to get everyone involved, but he doesn't know how others would take to some of the things said. He eventually decides to throw caution to the wind and stands up. "Hey, everyone. We're playing a game for this trip. Break apart Meister and Weapon teams and pick who you think would make the best romantic couple, and the worst romantic couple. I'm offering 100 Death Dollars to the winner as judged by these two here." He motions towards Jev and Love before sitting back down. "I hope you guys are okay with that. I don't want to make things too uncomfortable for you." He speaks primarily to Harmony with this one, but others can be included. They know who they are.

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Friend of my enemy~

Tsuki felt a stab of dissapointment twice over as Harmony not only let go of his hand but informed him, slightly apologetically maybe?, that she’d be sitting with Race. He shook it off as she said:

"I liked walking with you. Thank you for that... let's do it again...sometime."

Tsuki nodded “Yeah, i’d like that!”

Hanyuu smiled in agreement, obviously excited about Tsuki’s newfound friendship as Tsuki found a spot on the bus. Near Harmony and Race. Henry clambered onto the bus and Tsuki snorted at his antics.

Half an hour? Really?! It couldn’t be! Tsuki let out a sigh of despair at the idea of being trapped on the bus with a bunch of other people for half an hour.

“Oh it can’t be that bad Tsuki” Hanyuu said bracingly “Maybe you can make some new friends!”

As if on cue Race looked back at him and gave him a thumbs up which turned into a open palm for a handshake

"The name's Race. Don't think we got a proper introduction. But judging how you and Harmony here got on the bus together, I'd say that you're her friend, Meister or lover. Which means that you're good enough to be my friend. Just not my Meister or lover. I'm not a weapon and I don't swing that way." Tsuki smirked and shook his hand as Harmony spoke up

“F-friend!" she stuttered as an answer, glancing back at Tsuki. "I... think we're friends...right?

“Tsuki” he replied “and yeah Harmony, i’d like to think we’re friends” Race meanwhile looked around, noticing Henry "Great... That guy showed up."

Tsuki brightened “You don’t like that ass either? Yup. I think we’re gonna get along just fine”

There was a lull in conversation as Hanyuu cheerfully pointed out the various things she saw out the window. The two had just gotten down to a game of whispered I-spy when Race spoke up

“Okay, you two. How about we break apart Weapon and Meister teams for a game. Tell us who you think would make a great couple and why. I'll give the winner 100 Death Dollars." With that he looks up at Love and Jev and says, "You two be the judges. I want this to be a legit as possible. I'll throw in an extra 50 each for your services."

Couple? Harmony was flustered by the idea as well and Hanyuu was looking on with fascinated interest

“Tsuki...in a relationship?” she pondered “Hmmmm”

"I'll start," Harmony spoke. "What would guys think of me and..." she paused "and Tsuki. Or Race. I think we'd make a...a good couple... right? And... a bad couple... would be... Race and H-henry..." Harmony laughed at that and Tsuki shuddered at the idea. "Is that how we do it? Or am I doing this wrong?" she asked Race excitedly. "I think I named a good bad pair, don't you?"

“I’d say so” Tsuki nodded chuckling.

"Going with what I meant with 'couple', I rather like the idea of me and you together. As for me and Henry, I kinda meant a romantic couple." Race said

Tsuki stared ahead, wondering if he was about to see a budding romance in the making. Hanyuu was thinking along the same lines but instead was eyeing Tsuki. Was her companion a tad jealous that Race had spoken first?

He extended the game to the rest of the bus and Tsuki supposed it was his turn...problem was...who in the world would make a good couple with whom?

“Jev and Love” Hanyuu said “say it! say it!”

“What about Jev and Love” Tsuki asked “I think they’d make a good couple”

Meanwhile

“What do you think about Harmony and Race being a couple? Any sort of chemistry?" Raine was whispering to Bella. "And is Henry normally like that?"

Bella considered the matter as she looked at Race and Harmony

“Kinda” she said “But I think she’d do just as well with Tsuki. What about you? What do you think? Oh and what do you mean ‘is he normally like that?” She looked over at her partner who was eating his candy and watching the proceedings with interest. He was quiet for once and looked disgusted by the idea of being paired with Race for anything at all.

~Bored~

In Steampunk city stood a woman on a rooftop, staring down at the civilization below with a completely uninterested look in her tawny eyes.

“You look bored”

The black cloaked woman turned around to see another figure dressed in same get up floating above her on a broomstick.

“I am” the grounded one said “We’ve been here for weeks, we’ve run out of meisters to exsperiment on, the kishin eggs aren’t any fun because they’re...hibernating...” the tawny eyed one sighed “I’m just wishing something exciting wold happen”
“Well” the one on the broom chuckled “there’s a bus full of excitement coming our way after all”
“Meisters?!?” the tawny eyed one perked up “For real?!”

“Yeah...strong ones” the one on the broom nodded “Not only that, but the eggs are almost ready for a test run”

The tawny eyed witch laughed and waved her hand, out of the sky a crow landed on her arm

“Head to the road, tell me when the bus of fun comes” she cooed at the bird. It cawed and flew off and the girl pulled off her hood, letting her long black hair down.

Finally. The fun would begin again.

Awards
When Race told her about the romantic part of the game, Harmony laughed, a little embarrassed. She probably should have realized that that had been the point all along, but her mind was focused mostly on Meister and Weapon teams.

"You guys would make a bad romantic couple..." she said too quietly for anyone but herself to hear. Her cheeks reddened when she realized that she had actually put herself and Tsuki or Race out there as a romantic couple, though. She hadn't even considered getting a boyfriend today, since she was focusing on friends or meisters. Would she like to go out with Race or Tsuki? She quietly imagined what that would be like.

Maybe they'd go for runs together in the morning? Or spar together? Or go out on dates? Or eat together at lunch? Call each other and study together and go on missions together... Plus, as boyfriend and girlfriend, there was bound to be hand holding, and hugging and... kissing...

Harmony shook her head to clear her mind of the images. She was just now making friends, and she was trying to consider things like that? Presumably, she had a long way to go to get that far with either of them anyway, right? Or would it take less time than she thought for friends to become lovers? But then, would she prefer Race or Tsuki? Or...

"What about me and Henry as a couple?" she wondered out loud. After she'd said it, she immediately regretted it. "Theoretically, I mean!" she added. "Would that be a worst? A best?" She tried to laugh it off as a joke of sorts. "I agree with Tsuki, though! Jev and Love are the cutest together, aren't they?" Harmony couldn't help but glance back at Henry again, a little worried since he was being to quiet over there. That was unlike him. He was usually joking around or... something. She glanced at Tsuki as well. Had he been talking to someone? She could've sworn she heard some whispering from him earlier...

She considered how different a date with Race or Tsuki would be from a date with Henry. It's not that any would be less fun... Just different, I guessed. She laughed at her observation, because it really was obvious. Everyone was different after all. She silently listened as others played Race's game, pretty sure she had nothing else of interest to add. Michelle... You've had lots of boyfriends by now, haven't you? She wondered, staring into space.
"Stupid. Freaking. Birds." Michelle groaned as she continued to wait at the bus stop. She hated crows, and the annoying caw they made as well. Even if she did only see one right now, it didn't make this wait any less annoying.

Last edited:

Muramasa

"I'll start,". "What would guys think of me and...". "and Tsuki. Or Race. I think we'd make a...a good couple... right? And... a bad couple... would be... Race and H-Henry". "Is that how we do it? Or am I doing this wrong?". "I think I named a good bad pair, don't you?" "Or, or not. Sorry,".

For a minute their Love eyes widen and almost bursted out laughing. I don't think she quite understood what Race meant by the word couple. Oh my, it's so hard not to laugh. Race and Henry, definitely not a romantic relationship for sure but maybe partners on the battle field or even just friends? Than again he didn't sound to thrilled when Henry made it on the bus. Now her choices in an actually couple, it almost sounded like she had someone else in mind before picking Tsuki and herself. Wonder who?

Before Love could say anything Race beat her to it. "Going with what I meant with 'couple', I rather like the idea of me and you together. As for me and Henry, I kinda meant a romantic couple."

"Right, I think Tsuki or Race would make a good boyfriend for you" said Love, thinking about it.

Race has this thing about him, like a serious side maybe? Or if I were to picture it he would be like a knight willing to protect his princess from harm. Oh how romantic! They do have some chemistry together already from what I've observed. Tsuki on the other hand, is someone I can totally picture Harmony cuddling with and being affectionate with occasionally. He's easy going and sort of fits.

Love felt Race's eyes on her for a moment but was to caught up in the game to think much about it.

Jev was kind of surprised at either of her choices but nodded along with Love. Would be nice if she told us why. Than again as a judge I'm suppose to ask her that. Looking directly at Harmony, Jev asked "Why did you pick Tsuki or Race?".

Watching Race stand up and bring everyone else into the game, Jev finally notice how quiet it had gotten from everyone more or less listening in. Wonder how everyone else will take it, especially if they do the worse pairings? thought Jev, before hearing Race address the two of them"I hope you guys are okay with that. I don't want to make things too uncomfortable for you."

"Yeah it's fine, we can keep going" said Jev, giving a short laugh. I don't think anyone will take it personally. After all it's just a game... Right? thought Jev. Love nodded in agreement before saying "I don't have a problem with it either". "Besides if things get to heated we just have to break it up and remind everyone it's just a game were playing" said Love, knowing it easier said than done.

Either way I think it will be fine. It will reveal the untold love confessions or the budding relationships yet to be made thought Love, completely excited by the idea until someone burst her bubble.

“What about Jev and Love” Tsuki asked “I think they’d make a good couple”

Jev having been taking a drink of water from a bottle he had taken out of his bag, ended up choking on it. Love face turned completely red and shared a look with Jev.

"I-I uh.. Why us? I mean we're just close friends.. Sure were partners but not l-lovers" rambled out Love, unsure of how to proceed this. "I think Race will have to decide this one" she said at last.

Jev managing to clear out his lungs of water with a few harsh coughs felt unsure of what to say. Me an Love a couple? It hasnt exactly crossed my mind. I don't even know how she feels about me. We've only known each other for a year, collecting souls mostly. Sure we got to know each other but nothing more than friends. It's like a line or obstacle we've yet to ever consider crossing.

"Yeah, let Race decide" said Jev, feeling a bit awkward about it all. Before class when we were out in the hallways, did someone see us? Maybe that's why they picked us? Or maybe were the easiest to choose from? I dont know this is messing with my head!

"What about me and Henry as a couple?". "Theoretically, I mean!". "Would that be a worst? A best?".

Love instantly sat up straighter when Harmony mention Henry. Staring at her intently, Love could tell behind that laugh was something more. Could she secretly have feelings for him? Maybe Henry had been her first choice? Hmm hard to tell. "I don't think that would be the worst pairing here" said Love, quietly.

"I can kind of see you together, maybe compliment one another in your own way" added in Love. Feelings of love comes in all different shapes and sizes. It's not the same for all of us and the people we find might be the ones we least expect to have those feelings for.

"Anyone else have a couple in mind?" asked Jev, trying to calm himself down. After a moment of listening to Harmonys newest choice, Jev felt a pang of guilt. I kind of regret adding in the worst pairing idea. It's not like I'm really suitable to judge something like that when I hardly know anyone here.

On the other hand I think no one has objections to deciding a worst pairing. Maybe I'm worrying to much?

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Harmony and Henry? Now there was a bad pairing if he's ever seen one. But once again he doesn't have the heart to tell her what he thinks. Instead, Love says something about it not being the best, but she doesn't say that it's the worst either. Race mentally sighs at this little fact and tries to picture it in his mind just to make sure. He gets an image of the two together, but something prevents him from really getting the image to come out clear. He finally looks at their personalities and that destroys the picture all together. He shakes his head and says, "That might be the worst pairing so far. Your personalities don't really match and they don't compliment each other. Henry is the type that's way too full of himself, which tends to really piss me off, while you're the type that is modest."

He then thinks about the pairing of Jev and Love and how he was suddenly put in charge of deciding that one. Sure it makes sense to have someone else be the judge of that one, but why him?! He admits defeat to himself and stares at the two of them before coming up with a solution. He clears his throat as if he's about to say something, but then freezes. He gives himself the best push that he can and finally says it. "I think that they would make a good couple, but maybe not the best. They've been partners for a bit now, so you know that they know things about each other that the rest of us don't. As for my nomination for a good couple, I would have to say Tsuki and Love. Tsuki is a really nice guy from what I've seen and I get the feeling that he's the type that would treat his girl friend with love and gentleness. And then you have Love here. She's nice to everyone that I know of, and she seems to have a romantic side to her. Put those two together and something tells me that they will be so happy that it could piss people off."

Abhorsen

Riding on the bus had proven torturous. Touketsu pulled out his Ipod and put in the earbuds. It wasnt that he hated the people here but the conversation about 'the best couple' was taxing on his nerves. Charity was reading a manga and giggling here and there. Keeley was staring out the window her hair blowing from the window being down. Touketsu shut his eyes and started listening to his music drowning out the chaos that ensued around him. 'The bus ride should be over soon,' thought Touketsu.

-------------

Rea watched the others discussing the best couple match ups. She knew who she was best with. 'Touketsu' thats who. She looked over at him. He was listening to his ipod. 'I wonder what kind of music he likes,' thought Rea as she strained to try and hear. 'Sounds like rap.. but I cant tell,' she thought. 'Whatever it is I love it already.' She turned her eyes to the road. 'This mission was going to be interesting...' she knew some things about this place that the others didnt..Clarvessa...

-The Dragon Lady-

Hopping of of her broom Clarvessa pulled her hood forward completely shading her face. She was the second strongest witch alive only being outdone by Maaba herself. She looked over at the tawny eyes witch and nodded as she walked past her slender dragon tain swishing underneath her cloak, while her wings were tucked tightly against her back. Her eyes watching from within the cloaks hood. She hadnt reached her age from being careless and stupid. Floating down she landed on the street below. Her eyes ever watching. Passing one person after another she looked for a corrupt soul. She needed a temporary general. Someone to go fight for her. There he was, a sadistic, twisted looking man. His face in a continuous gnarled frown. His eyes laden with bags and his brown hair matted and ragged. He was perfect. All he needed was a overwhelming impulse from her Soul Pressure to force him into submission. She grabbed this man by his shirt and threw him across the road and into the a nearby alleyway. His body toppling trashcans and angering a stray cat who hissed a violent meow in protest of the mans arrival swatting his face and raking its claws across his face. The man screamed in horror as the cat mauled his face. Clarvessa walked over to the man releasing her soul pressure as she got closer. The cat felt the pressure and ran but the man was not so lucky. his soul was overrun. Clarvessa had lassoed him. He stood, and bowed.

'My lady' said the man as he bowed.

Clarvessa nodded a soft nod and he stood. She had plans for this man but he was still weak, he needed souls. Clarvessa had prepared for this. She had a house full of men women and children all ready for this man. All he had to do was go in and take them out. She assigned him the task and pointed the house out. The man bowed again and walked in the direction he had been pointed to. That done Clarvessa turned her attention towards the bus that had just entered town. They were here. She could feel their souls. One in particular stood out. 'Was he.. no.. that is impossible. His soul was different..' She would have to keep an eye on that one. He was the most dangerous of them all. Taking flight she flew back to the tawny eyed witch.

"They are here, I am sure you are well aware. Are your ready? Are the eggs ready? If not get them ready, we havent much time." and with that Clarvessa disappeared in a plume of black smoke.

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Joining in~

Henry was daydreaming and thoroughly enjoying it. Thoughtlessly eating his sour patch kids one after another as he imagined Bella’s awesomely amazing transformation into a death scythe, while Touketsu still had one more soul to go before he’d achieve the same thing. Henry smiled blissfully, it was so poetic. Then he’d focus on the lighter things, like getting a steady girlfriend again, or his soul studies grades. Getting them above seventy was something he’d probably need a tutor fo..

Something hit him on the nose. He blinked and looked around for the offending object, noticing Harmony looking at him. He smiled at her before looking over at Bella, who was smirking

“What was that for?” he asked

“Your way too quiet” she commented “I was making sure you weren’t dead”

“How can I eat sour patch kids if i’m dead?!” Henry demanded and his partner chuckled

“Well you didn’t blow up when Race mentioned you were way too full of yourself and therefore didn’t match Harmony’s personality at all” Bella shrugged “Not like you”

“THE FU..”

“Shh!”

“...does he mean i’m too full of myself?!!” Henry’s whisper that he made sure only Bella could hear was outraged at such injustice “Its not like I walk around singing ‘i’m the best around’! Well besides that one time when I thought I’d finally beaten Touketsu but it turns out he was just playing possum and then kicked me across the hallway but...but...bah!”

“It’s just a game Henry” Bella said “About who would make the best couple”

Henry brightened “That sounds like fun”

“It is interesting to listen to”

After listening to Race’s speech about Tsuki and Love being a great couple Henry decided to speak up and put his two cents worth in. Everyone on the bus was allowed to play after all.

“What about Jev and Raine?” he jerked his head in Raine’s direction as he spoke “Jev seems pretty easy going and it wouldn’t be hard to get along with him, and Raine seems pretty quiet but the same way. I think they’d be good together. Or Touketsu and Charity...”

He looked over at the duo in question. Charity was reading a manga and laughing while Touketsu was listening to his ipod and Rea looked as though she was trying to hear as well. “Or Rea” he amended “either or”

“Halfway there!” called the bus driver “Only fifteen more minutes to go”

~Fun?~

"What about me and Henry as a couple?"

Tsuki could not stop his disdainful snort. He tried hard but it slipped out. He looked downwards, embarrassed a little as Race summed up his thoughts about the couple while Hanyuu glared at her companion

“I think they’d be good together”

“What?” Tsuki looked over at her “No way”

“Henry’s outgoing and loud while she’s soft and quiet. He’d be just the person to break her out of her shell, opposites attract you know” Hanyuu nodded

“Those two are like oil and water” Tsuki shook his head “It’d never work”

“We’ll see” Hanyuu looked determined and Tsuki turned his attention back to what everyone else was saying

“I would have to say Tsuki and Love. Tsuki is a really nice guy from what I've seen and I get the feeling that he's the type that would treat his girl friend with love and gentleness. And then you have Love here. She's nice to everyone that I know of, and she seems to have a romantic side to her. Put those two together and something tells me that they will be so happy that it could piss people off."

Him and Love? Tsuki tried to imagine some of the stuff Race had just said. He made them sound like the perfect couple! He didn’t mind such a thing mind you, Love seemed like a very nice girl and she’d never made fun of him for talking to himself. Hmmm.

“You could have picnics together and play tennis and watch movies and snuggle and..” Hanyuu was on a roll, clearly imagining the same things Tsuki was but taking them in a far more romantic direction

Wait...he was supposed to say something!

“I wouldn’t mind that” he said finally

The game continued and he was having fun, actually enjoying himself with people!

Then Henry spoke up and the bus driver informed them that they were halfway to their destination

Tsuki had half forgotten about the dangerous mission they were heading towards and a morbid part of him wondered if they’d be able to meet up and have fun like this (minus Henry of course) anytime soon for a long time..

He wasn’t sure why, but he had a nasty feeling..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back