• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul Eater: Path To Dawn (Rp thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
~One step ahead~

Ding.
Dong.
Ding.
Dong.

A monster stood crouched in front of a large cathedral, the sounds of bells ringing drowning out any noise in the area. The beast was grey, wolflike with long claws and black fur. Blood dripping from his teeth as he focused on a figure standing on the roof, bathed in shadow, with mean little yellow eyes. He howled and the figure twitched, clenching his fist as the moon came out from behind the clouds, illuminating him.

“I’ve always hated werewolves” Henry Braveheart commented “Killing a kishin egg like you, who looks like a werewolf is pretty sweet therapy”

“Just be careful” a second voice replied, a voice coming from the large sword Henry had in his hand “We would have caught him last night if you had stayed serious”

Henry raised the weapon closer to his face “That’s not fair” he said indignantly “Just because I missed one step and fell off of the roof and into a garbage can doesn’t mean I didn’t stay serious”
The kishin let out another howl and Henry glared down at it in disdain

“I think it’s mad that we’re ignoring it” the weapon quipped

Henry smirked “Like I care. It’s a kishin egg. Pure evil. Inhuman. Its broken away from the path of humanity and if we don’t stop it right here and now it will become a true Kishin”

He jumped down from the roof, raising his sword and bringing it crashing down in a downward swing as he neared his furry target. But the wolf jumped back, evading the blow and lunged forwards with it’s claws outstretched. Henry spun around and slammed the broadside of his sword into the side of it’s face, sending it sprawling off of it’s feet and onto the road in a heap.

“Toby it is time for you to face judgment for all of the lives you’ve ruined. YOUR SOUL IS MINE!” Henry pointed his blade at the beast as it stood up and rushed forwards again, intent on mauling the duo. Henry took a step forwards, stabbing outwards and burying his sword into the creature’s skull before pushing it farther and down it’s body. Toby exploded into ashes, a single black and red soul floating where he had been moments before. Henry chuckled and tossed his blade into air, where it glowed blue and then transformed into a girl. She had raven colored hair with a single white streak that went down to her shoulder blades and black eyes. His partner. Isabella Kurokami.

“Weapon and Meister. Two partners fighting together as one” she smiled at him and he gave her a thumbs up

“That’s right!” he said brightly “and that soul makes fifty! Forty nine more and your a death scythe!”

She nodded at him, mirroring his smile, and plucked the soul out of the air, eating it cheerfully as the two fell into step, walking down the road. Their business in a village being terrorized by werewolves was done. Now it was time to return to the DWMA.

The death weapon meister academy

“Whats up? What’s up? What’s up?”

To most, the grim reaper himself, Lord Death, was a intimidating and horrifying figure. The way he loomed over them, the size of his large white hands, the aura of power he had. But Henry and the headmaster had always gotten along well. They had similar personalities after all, both of them loving a good joke.

“Hiya Lord Death” Henry said cheerfully “Just reporting in on a mission success”

“Ahh you stopped the wolves? Good job” Death nodded “Just what i’d expect out of you, one of our school’s brightest”

Henry chuckled, delighted by the praise while Bella bowed respectfully “Only forty nine more until I can become a death scythe” she said

Henry checked his watch “We’ve gotta get to class soon but later on I was hoping you’d join us at the cafe for this party i’m having to celebrate being halfway to my goal?” he asked

“No can do” Death shook his head “I’ve already promised to attend Touketsu’s celebration. He just got back today as well, about an hour before you actually, and he’s collected fifty one souls. He’s OVER halfway to his goal! Isn’t that exciting? Just what i’d expect out of THE brightest our school’s seen in quite some time”

Henry moaned and slumped forward while Death looked at him quizzically

“Touketsu and Henry have a bit of a rivalry” Bella explained “and Touketsu is always just a little farther ahead of Henry”

“Oh i’m sure its not that bad” Death scoffed

“Well....”

“The test scores have come back today”

Henry looked excited, he was positive he got a perfect score and just as planned, when his paper was passed back to him there was a big shiny 100 on top. He grinned happily. He had gotten the best grade in the class!

“I’d like to congratulate a certain someone in this room” the teacher said “Someone’s who’s worked hard and gotten the very best grade in the class. Bar none. Someone who deserves this ticket to the all you can eat buffet at that cafe near the academy. Please give a big round of apploause to...”

Henry stood up, beaming

“...Touketsu!! He got a 101 on his test! A beyond perfect score!”

Henry slumped down, horrified

“Oh that’s just one time” Death shrugged “It’s no big deal”

“Remember last year’s Foundation day eve?” Bella asked.

“How could I not? Henry danced with fifteen girls” Death chuckled

“Touketsu danced with sixteen”

“Ohhh”

“He even has two weapons while Henry has one” Bella added

“Okay, Okay I get the point” Death sighed and turned around abruptly

“Is something the matter?” Henry spoke up, snapping out of his Touketsu induced funk

“You two came back on a pretty interesting day” Lord Death said “A new student is joining your class today”

“What’s that matter? We get new students all of the time” Henry looked indifferent while Lord Death chuckled

“You’ll see”

~All I need is myself~

Tsuki sat away from everyone else in the classroom, in a darker corner by himself. It was what he preferred. Other people were so loud, annoying. He personally believed he did just fine alone on his own.

“But your flunking out” Hanyuu protested from his left. The little ghost girl that only Tsuki (and Lord Death) could see was looking at him in concern, apparently able to read his thoughts and inner monologues. Tsuki shrugged and stared off into space

“Very few people want to get anywhere near me, that freaky kid who talks to himself” he scoffed “my soul wavelength doesn’t match with anyone else’s so I can’t collect souls, this classwork is stupid so my grade’s aren’t very well in that category either”

“Well don’t be so obvious when your talking to me” Hanyuu said “Then you can make more friends!”

Tsuki rolled his eyes and laid his head down as the classroom filled with students, the very last one to enter was the loudest and obviously seconds away from being late. A buffon.

Henry Braveheart.

Tsuki looked over at the boy in disdain as he loudly talked and laughed with his large group of friends. A two star meister and second best in the class, being topped by only Touketsu Amori, but that was normal. Touketsu was better than anyone who wasn’t a teacher or a three star meister. The room quieted down as everyone took their seats and a man walked into the room. The room buzzed as he casually stepped up to a podium in front of them all and looked at the class roster before staring around at each and every one of them, pausing a little as he looked in Tsuki’s direction before continuing his sweep of the class. Hanyuu gasped as students moved around to sit closer to their friends and whisper, a few even getting close to his area

“What’s the matter Hanyuu?” Tsuki whispered

“He....He looked right at me” she breathed. Tsuki looked down at their new professor, who had a calm, reassured look on his face

“Hello class. Welcome to Soul Studies. I’m to be your new professor for the rest of the year” he said “Yamaki Hypnos”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: and there we have it. The rp is up! Meisters and weapons, keep in mind we're all sitting in this classroom (so you know what to do for your post) and also Lord Death is controllable by any rper who wants to use him. His color is orange. Have fun!

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Race just smiles as the bag that he had been punching rips itself to shred with his final move. He stares at the dust falling from the remains of the bag and finally grabs a towel hanging on a hook next to him. He quickly wipes the sweat from his forehead and makes his way towards the two locker rooms. The only thing about it is that he walks into the women's locker room. There he notices two shadows moving around in a strange way until it clicks in his mind just what is making the sounds. Race tosses the towel into the nearest laundry basket and makes his way around the corner where he sees a woman pinned to the ground and about to be sliced to pieces by a creature looking more like a bat than anything else.

Race just casually leans against the lockers and crosses his arms before knocking on the metal three times with his knuckle. He catches the attention of the Kishin and finds that the creature seems to think of Race as a much better meal. The creature uses the joints of the wings to make its way towards his location while covering the floor in its own saliva. Race just smiles as he finally notices something different about this one. He notices that where a bat normally has claws to help it grasp things, this creature has blades that easily pierce the linoleum floor. Race pushes himself into a standing position and watches as the creature makes a lunge at him with both blades.

Race simply plants himself firmly in his spot and raises both hands to catch the incoming attack. The blades pierce through his palms and cause blood to flow freely down his arms. And yet he remains still as he holds the creature in place. The monster snaps at him a few times only to bite down into nothing but air. He just smiles at the pathetic attempt to hurt him so he decides to make things a bit easier. With that he slams his forehead into the face of the creature and concentrates his energy to send the creature slamming into the wall. He quickly pushes himself to virtually fly through the air and land with the wings of the creature pinned against the wall behind it. The creature tries in vain to break free, but Race just holds it there without making any movement. He finally decides to let the creature off a bit by snapping the bones of the wings to the point that he rips the flesh holding the blades clear off so that he may use the blades as his own weapons. At this point the Kishin experiences something that is the closest to terror that those of his kind can feel. This feeling lasts all of three seconds before Race does a scissor motion to slice the creature's head clean off. The rest of the body vanishes leaving only a black and red soul floating in its place. Race grabs the soul and slides it into a pouch at his hip before making his way into the showers.

By the time that he cleans off the blood and wraps his own hands in bandages, he walks over to one of the fogged up windows and writes in a certain number. Soon after a large man with a white face and hands appears in the screen and does his usual greeting. "I finished up the assignment. I'll deliver the soul to the team that couldn't make it later on." "That's cool. But why don't you just find a weapon partner and have them eat it instead? You'd have enough souls to go after a witch by now, you know." Race just laughs and waves so long before saying, "You know I can't talk with others that well. Besides, I wouldn't know what to do with a partner. I'm too used to fighting alone." "Alright, but please find one soon. Your injuries are getting worse with each battle."

"Yea, but that just makes me feel like I'm better than him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Race walks into the classroom wearing his typical outfit when he gets done working out, a pair of boots and jeans. He quickly goes to his normal seat and notices that some guy talking to himself is sitting in front of him. Race takes the lack of a seat mate to be a sign of a partner, so he just ignores the kid and sits down with his feet propped up on the desk. It's now that the annoying group of people walk in and he sees Henry right in the middle. He just scoffs and spits in the path of the group before kicking the desk right behind the kid talking to himself.

"You don't need a partner. Just look at me. I've already collected enough souls without a weapon. My form of charity."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Something's Going On -~

Blue-violet eyes read the signs, Death's words whispering through her mind. "We've been expecting you for some time, Raine. Everything's been filled out for you already; your first class is Soul Studies." Death paused for a moment, before adding thoughtfully, "Oh, and Raine, don't worry about the crowd." She still didn't know what he meant by that; the halls were empty!

Slowing down, she watched a huge group of kids around the corner. Okay, maybe I was wrong. What am I doing! I'm going to be late for class! She thought, before she took off running once more.

Raine was careful not to let them catch her; pausing outside of the classroom. Shaking her head, she quickly glanced down and was relieved that her dress laid the way it should; so at least she wasn't going to embarrass herself that way. Here's hoping no one's an angel of death, she thought sarcastically.

"You can come in now, young lady." The teacher called.

Crap, so much for ditching class, she sighed mentally. Pushing the door open, Raine calmly shut it behind her, desperately wishing she wasn't new. That it was some other kid that had to introduce themselves, and was late on top of it. Looking at everyone, Raine tried to judge their intentions but there were too many of them. Shutting her mind down, Raine glanced back at the door.

"Miss Hawthorne?"

That snapped her back to reality, shaking her head; Raine looked at the other kids and heard the exasperated sigh escape him. "Raine," she mumbled, before she hurried over to an empty seat; not even paying attention if someone was sitting next to it or not.

Sliding into her chair, Raine put a notebook on the desk and flipped it open. Pulling a pen out, she started drawing random things as she waited for class to start. She half-listened as Mr. Hypnos said, "Race Menados?" Pausing long enough to find out if the boy was there, he called out another name, "Tsuki?"

She thinks she heard the boy answer, but she couldn't be sure. "Isabella Kurokami?" Now, Raine was paying attention as Mr. Hypnos called one last name, "Henry Braveheart, are you here or causing trouble?"

Wait, wasn't Henry the one she was supposed to find?

Last edited:

Abhorsen

-One up'd-

Touketsu walked through the gates of the DWMA with Charity and Keeley at his side. They had been sent by Lord D to take down a group of Kishin Eggs that were being led by a witch. The eggs had not been a challenge since they were no more than grunts. The witch however had put up a struggle. She had nearly gained the upper hand on Touketsu a few times.. In the end though she too fell. Touketsu had put the witch soul in a small pouch. He planned on giving it to Henry. It made touketsu laugh when Henry got worked up over being out done. Charity and her sister Keeley were talking about taking a hot shower and heading out to do some shopping after class. Touketsu however had been called to a special meeting with Lord Death. What for he had no idea. It seemed important though.

-Running Late-

Arriving at their apartments Touketsu, Charity and Keeley quickly showered, changed into clean clothes and grabbed their stuff for class. Charity and Keeley were always late when they were finishing up getting ready. Never able to decide on what to wear, and most of the time asking Touketsu what he thought of this top or these jeans, or this skirt. It wasn't that he minded helping out, that wasn't it. He just felt a little awkward when they asked him about a certain article of clothing while wearing close to none or none of the others. Their apartments were joined so he hadn't much choice he couldnt lock them out, they both had the key. This being so, he just smiles and tries not to look. Although it is nearly impossible. After careful deliberation, and four to five changes later they were ready. Class would be starting in fifteen minutes. they would need to hurry.

Class would be starting in a few minutes. Touketsu, Charity, and Keeley had arrived a little earlier than expected. They sat in their usual place, towards the middle but closer to the back. They had a new teacher from the looks of it. Touketsu didnt care, as long as he got his job done and knew what he was doing. Charity and Keeley chatted about whether or not he and another teacher would be dating and how they would look like good together. Touketsu rolled his eyes only to catch a playful elbow from Charity followed by batting eyelashes and a pouty face. Touketsu pushed her back playfully and took his book out. Keeley laughed and teased Touketsu by making kissy faces. He hated and loved it at the same time. Too often though he would have to explain his situation to the rest of the class. Asure them that he wasnt starting a harem. They were mostly unbelieving.. As class began the teacher introduced a new student. Raine. She looked across looking a bit nervous. Touketsu remembered when that was him. Charitry and Keeley noticed him watching her and their jealousy boiled. They once again began to do questionable things to mess with and embarass him. Keeley was rubbing his thigh.. He wouldnt live to see eighteen, because the lynch mob behind him would kill him before any kishin or witch would. Swatting her hand away and ignoring Charity scooting her desk closer he prepared himself for the lesson. It was then the door burst open.

-Ridiculously late-

A girl with pink hair and reddish eyes burst in, huffing hands on her knees. Touketsu couldnt help but laugh a little. She handed her papers to the teacher and took a seat in front of Touketsu without saying a word.
The teacher informed the class that her name was Rea. That she was now the newest student and smiled at Raine as to say you dodged a bullet. Rea having now caught her breath turned to Touketsu, and introduced herself. Touketsu smiled back and did the same. Having almost forgot about the Witch Soul he asked Rea if she could do him a huge favor. He asked her to take the soul over to Henry, pointing him out. As if his loud laughing and chumming it up with his friends wasnt enough to point him out. Touketsu knew that not only did Henry adore pink haired girls but with her handing him the soul and pointing back to Touketsu. It would all but destroy him. Hell, he might not talk for five minutes after that set back. She nodded and took the bag. As she touched it she felt the details of the contents. Being a witch herself she recognized the soul's pressure immediately. She could feel the evil seeping from it. She knew what this witch had done. She handed the bag to Henry. He looked at her with a stupid grin and took the package. Touketsu had him. This would be fantastic. Now all he had to do was wait. Rea walked back over and sat down. She could see that there was some rivalry between the two. She could also see that Touketsu was the more powerful of the two as well. She decieded then and there that he would be the one that she would tell everything to.

Last edited:
Awards
There was a gentle breeze as the sun shone down today. It was a little humid, maybe just a little warmer than usual, but, still, a very nice day. Perhaps it would stay this way? Or was it going to rain later for some reason?

These were the only thoughts occupying a young girl's mind as she did her morning exercises, forgetting her shortcomings in talking with others and instead enjoying the more natural world. This world did talk back and she did not have to worry about talking to it, for sure.

Harmony brushed a stray strand of orange hair out of her face as she ran around a random route again today. Natural obstacles strewed the path, such as branches, stones, or the occasion piece of litter. It was still early, and this run usually helped clear her mind before class started. At least for the moment, she could relax and not have to worry about others. How they perceived her of if they were watching her or if she was somehow doing something wrong didn't even have to enter her mind.

She noticed a few insects as she ran, as well. A gentle smile spread across her face as she watched them flit about, absorbed in their own business. Maybe I should try to interact with them and work her way up to people, she thought jokingly. Or maybe something like flowers would be easy enough to talk to, she noted as she passed a few marigolds. She'd been so absorbed in her run that she'd gone much farther than usual. Going back would take longer than usual, and she was unfamiliar with this area, but retracing her steps would get her back if she ran. Just little farther, and then she'd turn around and head back for class.

Her high spirits sunk immediately as she heard other people's voices a little way ahead. This was supposed to be her alone time, but sometimes passing by others was unavoidable.

As always, Harmony turned her attention to the sky while she passed them. It was a sunny day, but a few clouds were scattered in the sky. They were Cirrus clouds, she realized, as if that meant anything.

The next thing Harmony noticed was the ground, coming closer and closer to her, and the wind seeming to pick up for a second. As she hit the ground, she realized that she must have tripped over a stone or root. After silently scolding herself for such a stupid mistake, she pushed herself up to her hands and looked around to see who had seen her trip. Luckily, the people she had heard earlier were preoccupied.

Unluckily, they were preoccupied with a large creature, maybe a dog, but maybe a cat, with long fangs and even long claws. A kishin egg was chasing them! Harmony couldn't just keep running, then, as much as she'd like to. She actually hadn't seen many since she enrolled in the school. But then again, this wasn't school grounds anymore. Had she read something regarding that? Wait, no, she had no time to get lost in thought right now.

Taking a deep breath, Harmony clapped her hands together and said, "H-here, d-doggy." Her voice was so soft, it was surely carried away in the wind. Still, the dog turned towards her, growling lowly and baring its teeth. Harmony smiled nervously and spread out her arms, as it this was her pet. She wanted to say something provocative, but it clearly did not need more incentive to attack her rather than its current victim.

In a moment too brief for Harmony to name, the dog rushed at her and pounced, trying to bite her. Harmony reflexively turned her right forearm into a butterfly sword and held it up, so the creature ended up biting her blade. Harmony took the chance to slam it against a tree. After turning her left forearm into a blade as well, she used it to stab the creature in place, holding it against the tree.

As the creature flailed and writhed against the tree, Harmony pulled back with her right blade and used it to slash the creature's neck at the creature's arms, so it could no long trash at her and scratch her. Before she could finish cutting off its other arm, though, it managed to push her back.

Clumsily, for it lacked a limb, it ran at her. She parried his claw as he swiped down at her and used the opportunity to cut at its throat with as much force as possible.

"Twenty-one," Harmony sang quietly to herself, proud of making it this far without a meister. She spotted the soul rising and reached out to grab it and eat it. This would be easier with a meister, but after all this time, she had gotten the hang of doing this alone just fine.

"Thank you," someone said behind Harmony, making her literally jump in shock. Without turning back to see who it was that she had just saved or even attempting to respond, she ran back the way the came. She had to head back to school, anyway, and she couldn't handle a conversation with a stranger on top of finishing that Kishin egg...

She giggled at herself, despite how short of breath she was or how much the cuts she had just received stung. She had managed to talk to a Kishin egg, and could not even say hi to a person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Harmony had treated the wounds she received and sat in her chair quietly, hoping class would start soon. She envied everyone talking in their little groups, and as Henry Braveheart- someone much more social than Harmony- walked in, almost late, and began talking with a large group, she couldn't help but feel a little amazed.

There were a lot of things he was praised for, if she remembered correctly, but being able to be so calm around others was what Harmony admired most about him. Not that she could ever talk to him, no matter how much she wanted to. She wanted to talk to anyone, actually.

Harmony became attentive as a man approached the podium. “Hello class. Welcome to Soul Studies. I’m to be your new professor for the rest of the year” he said “Yamaki Hypnos”

This man looked quite interesting, and Harmony wondered how much there was to him. Another girl came in as well, who Harmony thought was quite pretty. Raine was her name? Harmony briefly let her thoughts wander back to the subject of the weather before she took out a notebook. Classwork and notes were something she could do well, and she didn't need any meister for that at all.

Another girl burst into the room, and Harmony sighed. This was a pink haired girl, pretty as well, but more students just made it more and more obvious that Harmony didn't click with anyone.

...Today. Today she would make a friend. A meister, even. She wasn't going to rest until she did.

Last edited:

Muramasa

In the Hallway

With his arms behind his head, Jev casually walked through the mostly empty hallways with Love by his side. "Think it will be worth are time, sitting in another boring class?" asked Jev. "Yes, your skills need brushing up on" said Love, seeing the frown on his face. "Tell me again why I care?" said Jev, earning a smack on the head. "Idiot, don't act so full of yourself" said Love, crossing her arms. "But that's what you like best about me" said Jev, rubbing his head in pain. "Yes, but we need to get going. Unless of course you want to fall behind" said Love. "Of course not!" said Jev, scoffing at the idea of falling behind. "Besides think of all the new people you get to meet" said Love, seeing him stop in midtrack. "Your not replacing me, are you?" asked Jev, suddenly concerned he wasn't good enough for her.

"Don't be silly! We're partners and I wouldn't have it any other way" said Love, giving him a smile. He worries to much, it's no wonder he's reluncant to go to class today. He thinks I'll find a new partner thought Love, with a shake of her head. "Your just saying that. What if theirs someone better than me?" said Jev, crossing his arms and looking at anything but her. Letting out in audible sigh, Love grabbed hold of his fore arm. "Your thinking to much and were probably late now" said Love, seeing his brown eyes meet her bluish purple ones. "Don't care and answer my question" said Jev, refusing to budge.

"After a whole year of fighting together, you think I'm just going to ditch you?" asked Love, fiercely. "No, but I know how badly you want to become a death scythe" said Jev. "We haven't collect many souls recently and I can't stand sitting in a class room. Makes me think I'm wasting your time" said Jev, angrily. "Stop right their. You've already done far more than enough to prove your worthy partner to me" said Love, pulling him along now. Jev made a noise of agreement before finding himself in a classroom full of people.

Looks like we're late, I'll be hearing about this later from Love thought Jev, running a hand through his red hair as he looked around the room. "Sorry if we're late" said Jev, spotting empty seats. Taking a seat Jev thought Interesting bunch of people we have here and a new teacher. Joy. Noticing Love looking his way he ignored her. The girl with orange hair looks like she's thinking about something pretty hard thought Jev, finding it a bit amusing.

Love on the other hand took a seat across the room and waited for the class to begin. Besides without Jev I can't make it on my own. However I would like to make a few new friends here, just not partners. thought Love.

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Lively~

One thing to know about Henry Braveheart was that he had no sense of time management.

At all.

When he and Bella left Lord Death's office the clock had told them that they had twenty minutes before Soul studies started and they both knew it only took five to actually get to the classroom in question from their current location. But Henry ran into friend of his after friend of his while partaking in this five minute journey and he stopped and chatted with each and every one of them. Cutting their fifteen minute space down to ten minutes. Then five. Then three and a half. Then two.

"I'mmmmmmmm NOT LATE!!!!" Henry cheered as he dove into the classroom and slammed the door behind him with forty five seconds to spare before the bell rang. Some of the students chuckled as he pumped his fists in victory before walking up to one of the groups and injecting himself into the conversation. They were all too happy to include him of course.

The bell rang and the teacher hadn't shown up but students were now getting to their assigned seats as per usual. People would just move later on anyway when they felt like it. Henry waved goodbye to his group of friends as he made it to his own seat next to Bella and her various friends, whom he got along with. He noticed that Touketsu, his eternal rival and best friend to boot, was sitting in his usual spot near the back of the room, Charity and Keeley causing a ruckus. He smiled before turning his attention to Bella and her friends and hoped they weren't talking about something boring like makeup. Before he could say anything a man walked into the room that Henry didn't recognize. A new teacher?

"Lord D didn't say anything about this" he whispered as the new teacher introduced himself.

"He probably just wanted to leave it a surprise" Bella replied back in low tones. Henry nodded as the doors opened again and a pretty blue haired girl walked into the room, oozing nervousness. This right here must be the new girl Lord Death had mentioned. She was introduced as Raine Hawthorne (although she tried to scan their faces and that lead to a annoyed new teacher and the girl in question scuttling towards a seat right in front of his own) and the Yamaki went back to the roll call.

"Making eyes at the new girl huh Braveheart? Gonna add her to your "harem"?" a voice chuckled from a row or two back. Henry grinned at the joking tone and made a rude hand gesture while a few of his other friends laughed. Henry's desire to not only find his true love had become a bit of a joke between him and the rest of the male population, since he had gone on a date with half of the female student body at some point or another. The females weren't as amused at he joke but considering they had seen Henry prove time and again that he simply didn't have it in him to do anything at all to hurt his girlfriend of the week (cheaters were scum might as well be his motto) they couldn't really fault him. Indeed, he was single right now simply because he was trying to focus on one upping Touketsu and devoted his time to training and his friends instead of girlfriend searching.

"Henry Braveheart, are you here or causing trouble?"

Henry looked around and saw Mr. Hypnos looking at him in disapproval. He grinned and said "here" as many of the students laughed.

Others merely looked disgusted. He assumed that people like Tsuki Yagami or Race Menados (he swore he saw the latter spit in his path earlier) disliked him but he wasn't sure why. He didn't exactly go out of his way to make enemies (though he had a fair few) after all. He was jolted out of his thoughts when the door burst open for what was probably the third time that day and a pretty (a very pretty) pink haired girl walked into the room, late. She was introduced as Rea and she went to her seat near where Touketsu was. Class started up again and people began to move around to their desired seats. Henry moved as well, bidding Bella farewell and heading towards his large group of guy friends. They started to talk and laugh and be loud (Henry noticed a few annoyed faces among those other students actually trying to pay attention) but then Rea walked up to Henry with a small pouch in her hands. She handed it over and he grinned widely at her (friends wolf whistling in the background) and she left them.

"Lets see what she gave me!" he said cheerfully and opened the bag....to see a witch soul.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" He shouted and the class went silent. Henry blinked and stashed the soul behind his back and grinned sheepishly

"If you would KINDLY settle down back there Mr. Braveheart" Yamaki commented from his podium "that would be fantastic. A bonus would be you actually paying attention to what i'm trying to teach you"

Henry nodded and pulled out his notebook to attempt to take notes ignoring the chuckles that went around the room at his expense from those who either didn't like him or were glad that someone shut him up. He glared down at the girl who pointed to Touketsu, who waved with a smug grin. Henry gritted his teeth.

One up'd again.

~After school special~

"You don't need a partner. Just look at me. I've already collected enough souls without a weapon. My form of charity."

Tsuki looked behind him at the boy, Race, and smirked

"Yeah. I know" he nodded "I don't want a partner"

"Haouuu.. that attitude won't get you anywhere..." Hanyuu fretted. Tsuki turned away from Race as class started and cast his only friend a smirk

"I'll be fine" he hissed

Two new students entered the room and were introduced before class finally got started. The only problem was...Henry and his little group wouldn't shut. the. hell. up.

"I can't even PRETEND to take note in these conditions!!" Tsuki growled out in frustration as Henry himself let out a yell and a curse word. The new teacher seemed to catch on half of the class's irritation because he finally rebuked Henry and shut him up, much to Tsuki's pleasure. The class finally got down to business Tsuki felt his attention slipping, along with his eyelids. He jerked awake as soon as the bell rang, his paper stuck to his cheek.

"Did time pass that quickly already?" he mumbled to himself, wiping the sleep out of his eyes

"It was actually pretty interesting!" Hanyuu said cheerfully "I didn't know certain souls allowed people to fly!"

"Neat" Tsuki replied, packing up

"Oh yeah, if I call your name I want you to stay behind" Hypnos said "Bella, Touketsu, Keeley, Charity, Race, Tsuki, Raine, Melody, Rea, Harmony, Jev and Love..oh and you too Henry" He nodded and started on fiddling with some folders, checking the contents as the classroom emptied and the people he mentioned gathered around. He smiled around at them all.

"All of you...have an extracurricular lesson to attend" he said "As approved by Lord Death himself"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Race just looks at the kid saying that he doesn't want a partner and feels a bit of a pang go through him. He admits that doing things alone is better, but even he wants to find a weapon. Speaking of weapons, his eyes lead all the way to Harmony who seems to be deep in thought. Out of everyone here, that girl is the most like him, so they just might make a good pair. But then his concentration gets broken by a joke that Touketsu plays on Henry. Race just sighs as he quickly takes out a sheet of paper and pen. He moves to write on the paper, but notices his hand hurting from the wounds inflicted earlier. He ignore the pain and writes out a note to Harmony.

"Hey, don't push yourself too hard. You seem to be deep in thought right now, but remember to take things at your own pace."

He folds up the paper and notices people getting up to move around the classroom. He uses this time to slip through the groups of people to appear next to Harmony and place the note before her. He then makes his way towards the new teacher and tells him that he's gotta go to the infirmary really fast. The man doesn't seem to object once he sees Race's hands so Race walks out of the room and through the halls until he gets to the infirmary where a certain weapon and Meister are waiting in one of the curtained off areas. He smiles as he walks in and waves his hand to the girl that was looking at him strangely.

"How's he doing? Any change?"
"No, not really. He can make out sentences though before he passes out again. He's bummed that we missed the mission deadline."
Race just smiles as he tosses her the pouch with the soul inside and says, "Don't worry about it too much. I took care of it and even got the soul for you to eat."
The girl smiles as she catches the pouch and says, "Thanks, but I can't take this. What about your weapon partner?"
"I don't have one. Had to take it down on my own."
"Well just make sure to watch out for yourself. Your brother spoke highly of you in the year that I knew him."

At the mention of his brother, Race suddenly recalls the conversation with Death earlier while he was still in the locker room.

"Yea, but that just makes me feel like I'm better than him."

"Him? You mean your brother Brol? He was one of the best we ever had. Your family line always did produce some of the best fighters, that's for sure. But never forget that you're not your brother."

"I know. He was always better than me. I never won a match against him and he even managed to find a weapon partner. I can't talk to many people openly; so I can't really find a partner."

"Well be sure to take care of yourself. I know that he wouldn't want to see you killed trying to take down a simple Kishin."

Race finally waves so long to the girl as he walks out of the room and back through the halls. He looks to the nearest clock and realizes that he's actually been gone for a while. He just shrugs at this small development and makes his way back into class. Sadly he finds that his spot has been taken once more and there seem to be only a few spots left for him. He sighs mentally at this and makes his way to the nearest spot, not realizing that Henry and his group is next to him.

"Oh yeah, if I call your name I want you to stay behind" Hypnos said "Bella, Touketsu, Keeley, Charity, Race, Tsuki, Raine, Melody, Rea, Harmony, Jev and Love..oh and you too Henry" He nodded and started on fiddling with some folders, checking the contents as the classroom emptied and the people he mentioned gathered around. He smiled around at them all.

"All of you...have an extracurricular lesson to attend" he said "As approved by Lord Death himself"

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
"TEMPERATURE: EIGHTY-_TWO_DEGREES. WIND_SPEED: ZERO_ONE_TWO_ZERO. CONDITIONS_FOR_CAMOUFLAGE: OPTIMAL."

V.L.A.D stands on the rooftop of the small tower, looking over the Steampunk City below him. If he were Human, he might have appreciated the city's sense of technological beauty or the foul odors emanating from the pipes and factories pumping pollutants into the air. But no. He was an android. He had no emotions. No time for such trivialities. All he had was the mission.

"My creation, a pack of Kishin that we had sent to terrorize Steampunk City have gone rabid. Their destructive presence in that area may BE noticed by the populace. That must be avoided at all costs. I do not want to waste soldiers and manpower, thus I am sending you to eliminate them before they can cause too much damage. I have no doubt that Death and his monkeys have already caught wind of these monsters. No way in Hel can Kishin with power levels this high go unnoticed. I would tell you what you need to do should there be Meisters there, but I'm sure you've figured that out already."

"MISSION_PARAMETERS: ELIMINATE_ALL_SOUL-RESONATING_LIFE-FORMS_IN_THE_AREA." V.L.A.D says mechanically.

"You know the consequences if you should fail. Bring me nothing less than...perfection."

V.L.A.D jumps from the top of the tower, landing in a nearby alley-way.

"COMMENCING_MISSION_NOW." V.L.A.D says.

His garb, while, somewhat abnormal for a normal civilian, is still rather tame. It not will attract attention to him, for this temperature is optimal for sleeveless clothing. He runs throughout the sidewalk, pushing people and children aside.

"SOUL_RESONANCE_ACTIVATED. KISHIN_LOCATION_VERIFIED."

(OOC: I had a MUCH bigger post than this typed out when Firefox decided to crash on me. Bear with this one for now....>_>)

Awards
The lesson had started, just as Harmony had been hoping for, but she couldn't fully focus on that at the moment. As she took her notes, as always, she drowned out the sounds of the other students. But instead of how she usually toke notes- heart shaped bullet points to separate important parts, only taking the meat of it with other information in side notes, and underlining concepts she needed to review that night- she absentmindedly took down every word her new professor said. It'd be a pain to go through all of that later, but her mind was no where near the lesson.

Henry. Maybe Henry and I can be friends. Everyone is his friend, it can't be that hard. Or maybe Raine or Rea. They are both new, so maybe I could be their first friend here. How hard could that be? Or Jev and Love? They're already partners, but maybe I could just talk to them. I should do this strategically. First friends, then someone who matches my wavelength. There's Tsuki and Race. They don't have partners if I remember correctly. And th-

Harmony's train of thought was broken when Race placed a note on her desk. She couldn't even keep writing, because her attention was fully on that paper. Was it his notes from class? Or just a casual note to talk? Her ears turned red as she continued to stare at the paper, and even she had to admit that she was being ridiculous. It was a note. She had to open it and read what was inside.

Knowing that didn't make her hands stop shaking as she finally worked up the nerve to see what Race could have to say to her. Her trembling hands nearly ripped the paper, and she bit her bottom lip when she saw that she'd almost tried to unfold it the wrong way. Another stupid mistake; her second one today, in fact.

After calming herself with deep breaths, Harmony tried once again to open the note; this time she was successful, and cheered at her accomplishment before even reading the paper. After her silent cheers, she paid attention to the note again:

"Hey, don't push yourself too hard. You seem to be deep in thought right now, but remember to take things at your own pace."

Harmony smiled. He had been worried about her? Was she that obvious? Right now, though, that didn't make her quiver with anxiety or scold herself. She was grateful for her weirdness for once. After taking out a clean sheet of paper, he made a three column chart. The first column was for a name, and the second and third for a check-mark for if she- for when she succeeded.
Candidate | Friend? | Meister?
Race Menados
Harmony wasn't sure if she should go ahead and add another name, since Race alone would probably be enough of a challenge for now. But there was at least one more person she wanted to add to her list. Blushing, she added the name "Henry Braveheart" under Race. She just needed a chance, then she could do it. She really, really wanted to finally just say "hi" to Henry, after all this time just admiring him.

Harmony suddenly became aware of where she was once again, though. It was class, she had to take notes. Notes... She took Race's paper and wrote "Thank you. I will remember that." underneath his message before turning her full attention to the lesson, trying to piece in the parts she'd missed.

At the end of class, she had planned on approaching Henry, if only to say "bye" or "see you later" or maybe even "I like your jacket". Her cheeks reddened at just the thought of the last one, because she imagined it actually sparking an entire conversation. A whole conversation with Henry would be like a dream. She'd try it. Now. She just had to get up. And walk over to him. But she couldn't get her legs to move; it was as if her bones had turned to jelly somehow. That was it, then. He'd walk away and her chance would be gone. Harmony picked up her pencil to erase Henry's name from her list, but then the teacher began to say something again.

"Oh yeah, if I call your name I want you to stay behind" Hypnos said "Bella, Touketsu, Keeley, Charity, Race, Tsuki, Raine, Melody, Rea, Harmony, Jev and Love..oh and you too Henry"

Harmony had to stay behind after class? Had he noticed the note? Was she in trouble for some reason? This might be the chance she was waiting for to talk to Henry though. She wasn't going to sit there when she thought she might be in trouble,after all, and she could ask Henry if he knew what it was about. He'd know- he always seemed to know! Harmony quick stood up, wanting to do this before she chickened out again.

Lord Death. That name alone sent chills down Harmony's spine. He was an absolutely terrifying figure, looming over them, with large white hands, and immense power that Harmony could almost never bring herself to talk to. This wasn't the nervousness she felt around other people- this was fear, plain and simple. The lightheadedness she began to feel made her stagger, and suddenly it felt like, once again, her legs could not hold her up. She caught herself on a desk, still wobbling.

It was official; Harmony had an easier time staying calm in a fight than around people. What was wrong with her? "W-what is it?" she asked quietly as she straightened herself back up now that her fear had subsided. "This lesson, I mean," she added, louder this time. Seven words. So far, so good. Addressing the other students, in as even a tone as she could manage, she asked, "A...any ideas?"

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
OOC: Lunar has given me permission to control Henry for this post. :)

IC:

~- Fun, not... -~

Raine felt a wave of relief wash through her as another girl entered the room. Apparently she was new too, thus taking some of the pressure off of her. Nodding at Rea as she walked past, she frowned at the strange wavelength that radiated from the girl, even though she couldn't put her finger on what it was.

She saw the girl next to her taking notes, although she couldn't see actually what the girl was writing. A boy had moved over and dropped a note on the girl's desk, before heading to a different seat. Okay, this school is weird. She thought, catching a glimpse of the note. Raine felt embarrassed that she spied on a private conversation, looking away before she was caught; she returned to taking notes.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" Henry shouted.

A frown on her face, she tore a blank piece of paper from her notebook; wrote a short sentence before crumbling into a ball. Twisting in her seat, she threw it at the boy's head. A disapproving look on her face, she listened as Mr. Hypnos reprimanded him. Raine grinned before focusing back on the lesson, ignoring the hole being burned into her back by the glares.

After class finished, she closed her notebook and started to gather her things; intently on leaving the class. "Oh yeah, if I call your name I want you to stay behind," Mr. Hypnos announced, halting the kids in their attempt to leave.

"Bella, Touketsu, Keeley, Charity, Race, Tsuki, Raine, Melody, Rea, Harmony, Jev and Love…oh and you too Henry. All of you...have an extracurricular lesson to attend, as approved by Lord Death himself."

She sent up a silent prayer that this wasn't about the oak tree in the front lawn. She had not meant to damage the old tree. Raine watched silently as the girl next to her nearly fell, jumping to her feet; the girl reached out a helping hand and asked, "Are you okay?"

Hearing a gentle cough, she looked up to see a boy, who she was willing to guess was Henry. "Hi there!" He said cheerfully, looking her up and down, the boy asked, "Have we met before?"

Shaking her head, Raine asked, "Excuse me, who are you?"

"Yeah, you're right and the name's Henry Braveheart."

This was Henry? She had her work cut out for her, glancing at Harmony she looked back at him and asked, "Any idea what's up with this extracurricular thing is about?"

Last edited:

Muramasa

Jev took a few notes here and their, but otherwise tuned out of the lecture. This is exactly what I thought would happen. Just jolting down meaningless notes thought Jev, glancing at Love. Course you would say differently Love. After what felt like hours, class came to a halt that Jev was eager to get out of here until the dreaded announcement.

"Oh yeah, if I call your name I want you to stay behind," Mr. Hypnos announced, halting the kids in their attempt to leave. "Bella, Touketsu, Keeley, Charity, Race, Tsuki, Raine, Melody, Rea, Harmony, Jev and Love…oh and you too Henry. All of you...have an extracurricular lesson to attend, as approved by Lord Death himself."

What the hell!? Why do I have to stay for extracurricular classes for? thought Jev, catching Love's eye roll at him. Glancing around Jev could see everyone was getting to know each other. Leaning back in his seat he observed the others around him. The girl with orange haired looked like she was trying to rip some sort of note apart. Think her name was Harmony thought Jev, seeing the loud obnoxious kid named Henry exclaim exactly what he had been thinking about the announments.

Looks like not everyone here has a partner just yet, besides me and Love thought Jev, noticing one of his classmates takes a seat nearby Harmony. His hands look like they hurt, if I recall correctly his name was Race. He looks strong despite his wounds. Jev returned his undivided attention to Mr.Hypnos.

"What exactly kind of extracurricular lesson are we here for?" asked Jev, loudly enough for everyone in the room to hear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love twirled her black hair around her right finger as she finished writing down the last bit of information Mr.Hypnos has taught them about. Some of this was actually useful but I have the feeling we will have homework or maybe a quiz in a day or two thought Love, frowning a bit. Some of the girls here are really pretty too thought Love, seeing them stand as each of their names were called. Rea hair is so pink wonder if it's natural?. Hearing Mr. Hypnos announcement, Love was kind of shocked that they would be staing behind.

I think everyone within the rooms name was called thought Love, seeing no one was leaving. Wonder if I should try talking to anyone? But I might not get the chance until after this extracurricular lesson, whatever it may be. Hope it's nothing bad. Since Lord Death himself assigned it to us.

After a few mintues of waiting Love mentally facepalmed herself, when she heard Jev ask loudly enough for everyone to hear"What exactly kind of extracurricular lesson are we here for?" That's my partner for ya. But he does have a point.

Last edited:

Abhorsen

Touketsu laughed a little as Henry steamed over the soul. 'That was a good prank,' he thought as he leaned back in his chair and while putting his hands behind his head. He needed to get some practice in with the girls. Their soul resonance was good but it could be better. Also, he needed to hit the gym, two hundred laps around the pool and a five mile run should be enough to wear him out, maybe. Touketsu had been thinking for a little longer than he realized. He had missed half the lesson. He had already read the chapter for this week and the following six but he hadn't meant to daydream. He looked over at Charity who smiled back and continued taking notes. Keeley however was sleeping on her papers oblivious to the world around her. 'I wonder what Lord Death wanted to discuss?' wondered Touketsu as he stared towards the new teacher. Mr. Hypnos. He seemed.. ok. A bit too nice for Touketsu's taste.. but that wasnt really any more than an opinion. It was then that something caught his eye. It was Rea's soul. It seemed normal looking at it, but it felt like a gust of wind if you let your soul feel it. Looking up Touketsu saw that he had been busted soul peeping. Mr Hypnos shook his head as if to say " You know that isnt allowed, even for you. Its none of your business Touketsu.." Touketsu smirked a challenge towards the man. It wasnt that he didnt respect the man as an authority. He just didnt like being corrected for things that werent really necessary to correct him for. Either way Mr Hypnos shot the look back a fire burning in his eyes. Again Touketsu smirked this time facially laughing directly at the man. That got him good, he nearly lost composure while giving his lesson. The class was nearly over and Henry looked as if he was going to explode from his seat. the guy could never sit still, that was for sure. Touketsu grabbed his pack and stood as the teacher announced that there was a extracurricular activity and he and his weapons were required to stay along with a handful of others. He sat back down, not cause the teacher was giving the assignment but because it was given by Lord D.

------------

Rea was bored out of her mind. This stuff was old news to her. This teacher was nothing as far as power. The only people here that even held a candle flame to her were the rivals, Henry and Touketsu. Especially Touketsu. There was something about him something that made him unique. She couldnt put her finger on it, but once he found out how to find that 'uniqueness' he would be more than she or any witch she ever knew could ever handle. She was sure of it. For example right now he was connecting with her soul wavelength from his seat. Unheard of. He was sizing up her soul protect and was actually detecting her wind magic.. he didnt realize it but he was. She didnt mind. She kinda liked him poking around inside her. It made her feel closer and more able to talk to him than she did before. Doubling her assurance that he was the one student she would tell. Where it goes from there was al up to Touketsu.

My Hypnos was finishing up his lesson and was making the announcement that there was an extracurricular activity. She was called for it as well as a group of others from the class. She would take this opportunity to get to know Touketsu better. Spinning around in her chair she struck up idle chatter with the Meister. Touketsu politely responded to her questions while Charity fumed with jealousy. Keeley on the other hand was rubbing the sleep from her eyes and didnt realize the seriousness of the situation. After a few more minutes of conversation Reascooted her desk back and turned towards Touketsu some. She loved teasing the girls but more so wanted to know this facinating Meister more. She wanted to know what made him tick. Why was he different?
Would he trust her?
Was he trustworthy?
Would his weapon partners keep her secret?
Would he tell and if he did would she be hunted?

Time would tell..

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Mission contents~

“All of you...have an extracurricular lesson to attend" he said "As approved by Lord Death himself"

Henry’s eyebrows rose as confusion swept over everyone else. Extra lesson? So soon after his last mission? He knew he should keep his nose to the grindstone but this was a little ridiculous! He exchanged a look with Bella who rolled her eyes as the two stepped down towards the other students, he himself walking towards the new girl who’d thrown a paper ball at him earlier. He wasn’t mad or anything but he did want to properly introduce himself. Make her feel at home and what not.

She was talking to an orange haired girl whom Henry recalled was called Harmony. He made a mental note to mention something to her because you don’t really walk around and meet an abundance of people with nice names like Harmony after all. He coughed lightly to get Raine’s attention, once he had it he smiled brightly

“Hi there!” he said cheerfully “have we met before?”

Shaking her head, Raine asked, "Excuse me, who are you?"

"Yeah, you're right” Henry nodded “and the name's Henry Braveheart." She simply looked at him and he looked over at Harmony as she spoke up with a slight stutter

“The lesson I mean..a..any ideas?” Henry blinked in slight confusion as Raine said:

"Any idea what's up with this extracurricular thing is about?"

“Ohh” he smiled at them “Not really, I just got finished with a mission before coming to class, I didn’t know this was going to happen anymore than you....I doubt your in trouble though” he was pretty sure that the new student and possibly Harmony might worry about such a thing considering that was normally the point of such lessons “I mean, I might be considering i’m allegedly a trouble maker..”

Bella scoffed “allegedly?”

“but you guys are probably just fine!” he finished, pointedly ignoring his partner while the rest of the students had gathered in front of their new teacher. He blinked “whoops, better head down there!” he waved and turned and had taken a few steps before remembering something and turning around

“Oh and I really like your name Harmony” he said blithely “Its unique! Much better than something boring like 'Henry’” he shook his head in mock despair at his own dull and pedantic name before walking down the teacher and getting a spot next to Touketsu who seemed to have gotten off on the wrong foot with their new teacher.

“Now you may be wondering what this extra curricular lesson is for” Hypnos began

“Half of the people in here have asked that question” Henry commented, rather loudly. Hypnos shot him a look and he fell silent. The teacher continued

“One of the most important parts of being successful at the DWMA is the ability to work together as a team. But for most of you in here, teamwork and generally being around other people is nigh impossible. So Lord D decided to give you all a little incentive to fix that problem”

“Lovely” Henry spoke up “But that doesn’t apply to me or Touketsu”

“The mission your about to go on is rather...dangerous” Hypnos was ignoring Henry now, to the boy’s irritation “Not too far from here is a place known as Steampunk City. Its normally a fairly peaceful place, full of factories and what have you. People working hard but making an honest living, not bothering anyone. But we’ve caught wind that powerful Kishin eggs seem to be nesting there. Along with witch activity. Possibly more than one. We think the two might be connected and the citizens of the city might be in danger. You all are to head to the city and find out what is happening there and if possible take out the eggs”

“So basically” Bella summed things up “If we don’t work together...we’ll get ourselves killed”

“Precisely”

“None of that explains why Touketsu and I have to go along as well” Henry crossed his arms “My teamwork skills are top notch!”

“Henry your going as a punishment” Hypnos raised the paper he was reading off of so Henry could see it “‘I found out about your kitchen exploits’ it says. Lord D said here in parenthesis that you would know what it means”

Henry’s eyes widened “That reaper knows everything!”

“Quite”

“Why am I going?” Touketsu asked next “I haven’t done anything wrong and on top of that I’m pretty good when it comes to working with other people”

“Well as i’ve said, there might be witch activity there” he said “and considering your reputation as ‘better than anyone who’s not a teacher or three star meister’ there really wasn’t any reason why you shouldn’t go...unless you wanna go and tell Lord D your not up to the task....”

Touketsu glared but said nothing, unlike Henry he didn’t like causing big scenes in public.

“Ditto Jev and Love, the more the better just in case things do go bad...” the newest teacher looked around the group with a smile

“So. Any questions? If not I suggest you grab whatever belongings you'd like to bring along with you and meet up at the bus stop in an hour”

"We have school buses?" Henry asked him in confusion "why is this the first time i'm hearing of it?"

"The buses, made all terrain so they could travel across deserts and such with little problem, were created for large group missions just like this" Bella replied "and the odd field trip"

Henry nodded as he listened to the rest of the group begin to chatter

"That makes sense"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Yamaki Hypnos is controllable by anyone so you can talk to him in your posts if you wish. or you can go off and prepare. Whatever you feel like doing

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Man was he happy that Henry decided to leave the seating area. That guy can be more annoying than a Witch refusing to die, not that he would know. But that's in the past for now. As such Race makes his way over towards Harmony to see if she was doing okay, but stops when he notices one of the new girls show up next to her. He feels his limbs freeze at the sight of someone new, but then Henry walks up to the two of them. That persuades Race to move in just to protect the two from his stupidity. With that in his mind he walks towards the small group only to notice that after a short exchange of words, Henry makes his way away from the group. It's when Race finally get near the girls that the teacher starts to fill them in on the assignment.

“One of the most important parts of being successful at the DWMA is the ability to work together as a team. But for most of you in here, teamwork and generally being around other people is nigh impossible. So Lord D decided to give you all a little incentive to fix that problem”

“The mission your about to go on is rather...dangerous” Hypnos was ignoring Henry now, to the boy’s irritation “Not too far from here is a place known as Steampunk City. Its normally a fairly peaceful place, full of factories and what have you. People working hard but making an honest living, not bothering anyone. But we’ve caught wind that powerful Kishin eggs seem to be nesting there. Along with witch activity. Possibly more than one. We think the two might be connected and the citizens of the city might be in danger. You all are to head to the city and find out what is happening there and if possible take out the eggs”

Teamwork was definitely not something that Race was used to. Anyone that knew about him not having a weapon partner would say the exact same thing. Race just gulps at this predicament until everyone is told that they have an hour left before they are to meet up at the bus. This school has a bus? I guess you really do learn something every day. He just accepts the assignment to himself and looks to the two girls. He doesn't make any effort to greet the new girl, save for a simple nod, but instead he focuses on Harmony. He takes this time to look at her closely and realizes that her hair color really is unusual. But then again, there are people going to this very school that can turn into weapons.

"I hope that you feel better now. You looked a little worried about something earlier." He extends his hand to the girl and says, "I'm Race, by the way. Race Menados."

Awards
As Harmony leaned on the desk, she noticed for the first time that Raine had taken a seat next to her. Harmony really had been lost in her thoughts again if she missed another person sitting with her. Usually, she would have freaked out or just stared, though, so it was good that she was only learning about her being there now. Raine. Harmony would have to add her to the list. Was she a weapon or Meister, though?

Not that that part mattered. Here Raine was, worried about her like Race had been. Harmony must have still been a little shaky from her encounter that morning. Or maybe she was always like this, and only know was being noticed? Harmony shook her head slightly, realizing she was getting lost in her thoughts once again. “I’m okay,” she breathed, then repeated it loud enough for Raine to hear. “I’m okay. But, thank you.” Smiling, Harmony straightened back up. “I’m okay,” she said once more, more to herself than to Raine this time.

Hearing a cough, Harmony noticed someone else had joined her: Henry. She could feel her cheeks warm up as she watched him and Raine talk. She guessed that she just faded into the background too much for someone like Henry to notice her, since he was just talking to Raine. Apparently, he didn’t know what this meeting was about either. So chances were, none of them knew, then. It was too bad that Henry just came back from a mission and was suddenly being sent on another, though. Shouldn’t he get more of a break than that? Not that he seemed fatigued or anything- physically, he could probably handle it. But he had to be tired of missions, right?

When Henry waved and turned to walk away, Harmony almost felt like hitting herself. She missed her chance, and she could have said something! Anything! Maybe “hi” would have been a simple enough place for her to start. Maybe next time.

Oh and I really like your name Harmony” she heard Henry say. “Its unique! Much better than something boring like 'Henry’

Harmony? Wait, she was Harmony! He was talking to her! He was really talking to her! She stuttered, struggling to find the proper words for a response, but refusing to go through this without finally talking to him. “I-I like you, too!” As soon as she said it, she realized the slip she'd made. And it was a big one. “I-I mean your name! Braveheart! It’s really cool! L-like your…jacket…” Harmony sighed, all out of breath already. Running was easier. Fighting was easier. Talking to Henry was so hard, and she’d managed to say all the wrong things here. Maybe he hadn’t heard her. Maybe Raine hadn’t heard her, too. It was a long shot, but she didn’t know what she’d do if they actually had heard her.

Harmony turned her attention to the teacher, trying to forget what she’d just said.

Trying to ignore Lord Death's involvement in this, Harmony thought about this new mission. So they were all being sent on a mission together? That was actual a blessing in disguise, to Harmony. She’d love to get some practice with teamwork, and this was the perfect chance for that! Kishin eggs, she’d been able to handle on her own quite a bit. But she’d never seen a witch in person. She’d have to ask one of the others if they had. Maybe Raine, since she was closest right now? When Harmony turned to say something to Raine, though, she could think of a single word. She closed her mouth again and tried to think things through to avoid another mistake.

Speaking of another mistake… Race was coming over to them. He simply nodded at Raine, but seems to turn his full attention to Harmony, who smiled and waved at him.

"I hope that you feel better now. You looked a little worried about something earlier." He extends his hand to the girl and says, "I'm Race, by the way. Race Menados."

Harmony hesitated for a second, wondering if she should give him the note she wrote him. But that would look weird right now, wouldn’t it? She had to respond right now, in person. She could handle this better than she handled Henry, though; Race didn’t make her nearly as nervous. She finally shook his hand and responded, “Thank you. I was just… thinking. There’s a lot… to think about. I’m Harmony.” She wondered if she should mention that she already knew who he was, since she’d memorized her classmates’ names. But she would rather not seem creepy. “So, on a mission together,” she added airily. “I look forward to working with you. It will be… fun.”

Harmony glanced back at a boy still sitting in his desk. That was Tsuki. She should try this before she ran out of the courage she’d finally managed to pull together. After a long pause, she finally called, “Tsuki, are you ready for this? I mean, not that you wouldn’t be, but… hey, we get to all work together, that’s nice, right? I’m H-Harmony.” And now she was back to messing up. “It’s nice to get to work together as a team, isn’t it, guys?” she addressed Raine, Tsuki, and Race with this. “H-have you ever m-met a witch? I…haven’t.” This was why she didn’t talk so much. She never knew the right things to say.

Last edited:

Muramasa

Well that answers my question thought Jev, standing up out of his seat and making his way to Love. Might run by the apartment to grab some stuff, course I have my weapons on me but some back up supplies might not be a bad idea thought Jev, tapping Love on the shoulder. "Hey, I'm gonna go grab a few things" said Jev, seeing her look up at him. "It's going to be dangerous but if you want to wait here it's fine" said Jev, seeing indecision cross Love's face. "Are you sure? What if you run into something and I'm not their?" asked Love, crossing her arms. "I'll be fine, it's just a quick trip their and back" said Jev, smiling reassuringly.

"Didn't you bring anything with you before we got here?" asked Love, pointing to the bag on his shoulder. For a moment a look crossed Jev's face before he broke out into a full smile. "I totally forgot I packed some of the stuff I needed in here!" said Jev, opening it up and pulling out bandages an the like. "Good. So theirs no need for you to go" said Love, getting up and making her way to Mr.Hypnos. "Where you going?" asked Jev, looking up from re-packing the stuff he took out. "Need to ask Mr.Hypnos something" said Love, with a wink before darting away.

Jev on the other hand packed as quickly as possible, before scrambling from the desk and catching hold of her arm. "Mind if I tag along?" asked Jev. "Sure, you know your going to have time find everything by shoving it all in their" pointed out Love. "Don't care, as long as we're together it's fine" said Jev, stubbornly.

Stopping in front of Mr.Hypnos desk, Love was surprised that no one else wanted to ask Mr.Hypnos any questions. "Excuse me Mr.Hypnos I wanted to ask you a few questions" said Love, politely. "This mission of ours, is it like a test?" asked Love. "Like learning to watch out for each others back despite our differences?" continued Love, earning a surprised look from Jev. "What if we come into contact with the witches? Should we attack them or observe them to learn more?" finished Love.

Lord Death asking us to team up like this seems like a training exercise to get to know each other better. Learning each others weaknesses and strengths. I'm not sure how well Jev can work with the others but I'm hoping things go smoothly. I wonder if all of us will survive this? thought Love, waiting for an answer from Mr.Hypnos.

"It's no problem Miss Love, yes it's almost like a test. To see how well all of you get along with each other" answered Mr.Hypnos, with a friendly smile.

"Hmm not a bad question Miss Love, observe them for now and see if their connected. If they attack you than I suggest you fight back" said Mr.Hypnos, waiting to see if she anymore questions.

"Thank you Sir, we'll be going now" said Love, taking ahold of Jev's hand and walking out of the classroom.

I'm not sure if I'm happy with our answers. Guess we'll get to know our classmates on the bus. Wonder how well that's going to go thought Love, glancing at Jev who was in deep thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( Didn't realize we could control Mr.Hypnos if we wanted to. Since he was an OCC).

Last edited:

Abhorsen

Rea listened as My Hypnos and the other students talked. She wasnt entirely sure that she would be able to fight all that well since she had to use Soul Protect and had no weapon as of yet. Not only that but she still had to see if Touketsu would accept her as a witch. She hoped so because she was dying to run her hands through his hair while pulling him close for a ki.... she shook her head. No time for that now. There were more important things to do. For one she needed a weapon of some sort. A dagger would do.. She would leave the class early and go get one. She rose from her seat and headed for the door. My Hypnos called her name as she opened the door and reminded her to be there in an hour. She nodded, shot a lingering puppy dog eyed look at Touketsu and shut the door behind her.

After browsing for about fifteen minutes at a local blacksmith, she had found her weapon a dagger. This dagger was said to have been created by the great Mifune. The price was steep to put it light. She asked the shop-keeper if Lord D could cover the expense. The shop keep shook his head. She pulled out all her Death Dollars and handed them to the man. He counted them and nodded sliding the dagger her way along with the sheath. She thanked him and ran for the bus stop, arriving just in time.

--------------------------------------

Touketsu detested the teacher even more now. He was trying to fire up conversation with Charity. She nodded politely and smiled. That love train was going nowhere, Touketsu knew that. Trouble was dumbass over there didnt get it nor could he take a hint. Touketsu had seen enough. Standing he started to walk over to where Charity was Keeley at his side. It was then that Rea left the class. For a fleeting moment she looked at him. That look was enough to make Henry walk blindly into heavy laden traffic with a blindfold while getting kicked in the man bits. It was irresistible.. Pulling himself together Touketsu walked over to Charity and took her hand lacing fingers. This would break her from any possible need for her to have to listen to his ridiculous story or whatever.

Charity was listening to the teacher tell some wild tale about how he fought this and that. She could really use a wish right now *wink*, All she wanted was to go get ready for the mission not listen to this dusty old fossil ramble on about his war stories. Did she pay attention to the lesson yes, she even took notes. Did she want to hear about his battle of the kidney stones, NO. His war stories were boring and honestly she could have been 'distracted' by just about anything even some kid farting. Even that would deviate her attention so much that she would some how be forced to break away from this riveting discussion about bengay and qtip quality. She didnt want to hurt his feelings, but it was getting too tormenting for her to handle. It was then in her time of need Touketsu grabbed her hand and asked her if she was ready to go get their stuff together. She nodded vigorously. He smiled and the three of them walked out of the room.

(super friends announcer voice) Meanwhile.. back at 'father times' desk...

-Preparation-

The trio arrive at their apartments and pack some stuff for the trip. A change of clothes, Death Dollars (spendable anywhere), some bandages, and peroxide to kill infection. After a few minutes to grab a bite to eat from the fridge they were off and arriving at the bus stop in no time. Upon arrival Touketsu greeted Rea.
She smiled and returned the greeting with a hug. Luckily for Touketsu, Charity was on her phone at the moment and Keeley was buying a hotdog from the vendor across the street. Touketsu smiled and asked her how she was and was she nervous. She said no and told him that she would be fine. Also, if he needed her help in combat while there or anytime (hands small paper) this was her number. He took her number and put it in his pocket. They stood there talking idly for a few more minutes until a few of the other students from the class arrived. Being the first there aside from Rea. Touketsu had a chance to sit down and wait for the bus.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
After she lets go of his hand, Race remembers how much pain he's actually going through right now. But he puts it out of his mind and watches as the girl says something to a guy still sitting. It's only then that he realizes that the girl must be really shy. He smiles at how cute it makes her seem and just leans against a desk until she asks if either of them have ever seen a witch. This question sends him through his memories of battle which eventually brings up two memories. One is the memory of him fighting against a witch alongside a weapon and Meister team, but that's nothing compared to the next one. The next one causes his anger to really show.

"Yea. I watched as my brother was killed by a Witch some years ago. That woman was insanely strong to kill someone from my family."

In a final burst of rage and tenses up one of his fists and slams it hard into the desk only to watch it crumble under his might. He slowly takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself before he notices the wounds on his hands opening up again from all of the activity. He quickly pulls out a new set of bandages and rewraps the wounds before making his way from the small group. Once he nears the door he looks back and says, "I'll be sure to save a spot for you on the bus." With that he walks out and heads back to the infirmary.

By the time that the meeting time arrives, Race finds himself climbing onto the bus only to notice that Toketsu is already waiting. He makes a mental note that Henry is the worse of the two, but being on a mission with either of them is too much for him. It's as if the two like to flaunt their abilities. But still, this guy was easier to get along with. As such he makes his way pass the man and his weapons only to get into the seat behind and to the side. He leans back a bit as he flexes his healing hands and says, "So how many witches do you think there will be? It's been a while since I've fought one."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Calm Before The Storm -~

Raine listened to the chatter, relaxing when Harmony said she was okay. Listening to the breeze outside, the girl smiled in answer to another boy's nod. Tuning out the conversation for the time being, she went through her belongs and what could be of use on the mission. Nice thing was; it was just a handful of her belongings that couldn’t be of use in some way or another.

“It’s nice to get to work together as a team, isn’t it, guys?”

A gentle smile on her face, Raine whispered, "I hope it'd be nice."

“H-have you ever m-met a witch? I…haven’t.”

Raine cocked her head to the side in thought. She remembered encountering witches in her hometown and even on her way there; but she never really talked to any of them. Shaking her head, Raine glanced at the door and said politely, "I'm sorry, but I need to leave for a little. Talk to you on the bus; and it's good to know you're okay Harmony."

Before anything could be said, Raine turned around and left the room. Hurrying down the hallway; she allowed her feet to guide her to that oak tree. At least she'd left her stuff there. Looking around quickly, Raine hopped into the tree and sat down. Her back leaning against the trunk of it, so she was stretched out on a branch mid-way up.

Staring at the sky, she tried not to think about the contents of her backpack; which lay at the base of the tree. What am I going to do? Race doesn't seem to have a partner, but it doesn't look like Harmony's got one either. Exhaling, Raine closed her eyes and welcomed the quiet breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back