• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul Eater: Path To Dawn (Rp thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Race

Finally feeling the energy drain from his body, he lets go of his brother and pushes himself to his feet. He glares at the one that he hates more than anyone and walks off towards Michelle who had just asked him something. He simply nods at her question as he falls in next to her. He finally throws his mind into a bit of deep concentration as he tries to think over what some of the things mentioned were. He completely ignores the whole situation concerning the Witch and instead focuses on something that his brother said about the girl standing beside him.

"I wonder if we really would be a match? Sol used to tell me in his letters that he had a talent for helping Meisters and Weapons find partners, so it's possible that we're a match."

He thinks on this for as long and hard as he possibly can before nodding once to himself. He finally looks to the girl and gathers up his courage to ask the girl if she wants to try, but then something makes its way into his mind. He quickly looks over to Harmony and remembers how Tsuki was a match for her. He takes this into account as he lets his mind dwell on the previous game on the bus. He makes a note how chances are that the two will become a couple, but that doesn't matter too much to him. He admits that Harmony is cute, but they were just friends. "Hey, Harmony. Congratulations on finding a Meister. Kinda make me wonder if Michelle and I are a good match. Tsuki and I are about as different as you and two, from what I can tell."

Melody

They scythe resting on the ground sighs at the sight of the two brothers and lets herself take on her human shape for the first time with this new group. She finally stretches to let out the stress on her body and moves a bit of the black/blue hair out of her face. Then just to make sure that she give the two enough time, she works on patting the dirt off her clothes and smiles when everything is finally clean again. With that she walks over to Sol who is now alone and extends a hand to help him up. He takes the hand with a smiles and pulls so that he is soon on his feet again. He quickly dusts himself off and looks at the rest of the group for the first time.

"Shall we go say hello, Sol? I'm sure that they'd be interested to learn that Race's missing brother is now on the mission with them?"

Before the young man can say anything she runs up to the group before it starts to split and says, "Hello, everyone. My name's Melody and I'm the partner of Sol over there. He's the big brother of Race back there and it was thought that he died three years ago. Anyways, Lord Death found us and asked us to tag along and try to get back into the swing of working in groups. It's a pleasure to meet everyone!"

She smiles kindly to the group and finds herself leaning forward just enough for her hair to fall from her back and onto her side. But she doesn't bother with that, and instead looks over the group. She admits that the girls are all really cute and that any one of them could be the future wife for Race, if only she could do something about how shy he is. She suddenly stops this thought train as she realizes that she's taking a motherly role a bit too far with someone that she just met. "If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
OOC: I just wanted to say that Lunar's given me PP permission of Henry.

IC:

~- Fading Pictures on the Wall -~

Raine glanced at Jev, curious to what was bothering him. She felt a little dizzy, but shoved it back. A smile on her face, she nodded calmly as another girl ran up to them. "Hello, everyone. My name's Melody and I'm the partner of Sol over there. He's the big brother of Race back there and it was thought that he died three years ago. Anyways, Lord Death found us and asked us to tag along and try to get back into the swing of working in groups. It's a pleasure to meet everyone!"

Okay, weird.

She shook her head, banishing the thought from her mind. Her eyes drifted to Jev and Love as they (she meant Love) announced, "Hey everybody, we're going to get something to eat! If any of you want to come along than that's great! We want to get some recon around the city and learn its streets too, while we're at it."

Shaking her head, she reached out and grabbed Henry's hand. Hurrying off toward a book store, she stepped in and instantly started scanning the shelves. "Hello, can I help you ma'am?"

Dragging her gaze away from the books, Raine smiled and asked, "Yeah, I was wondering if you had anything good to read." The cashier laughed at her question; before leading her down multiple aisles, ignoring the fact she was half-dragging half-leading Henry. Pulling several titles off the shelf, Raine handed them over; ignoring the semi-annoyed expression.

Heading back up to the front, Raine put the books on the counter, paid for them; grabbed the paper bags and headed out of the store. As soon as she was out, Henry grumbled, "That is the last time I'm going to let you drag me into a book store, Raine."

Raine rolled her eyes, refusing to alert Henry that shopping spree (she'd only spent fifty-five dollars) was child's play. Eyes drifting over another building, she paled as Henry grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward it; saying a cheerful, "Now it's my turn, let's go!"

~- Ain't Got A Single Thing to Lose -~

Cloud sucked in a deep breath, purging the negativity from him and clearing his mind. He listened to Septem, Clarvessa and V.L.A.D exchange words; V.L.A.D becoming more annoyed with Clarvessa's insistence on tearing him apart. He watched silently as an arrow embedded itself into the wall.

A warning shot.

Grabbing a hold of it, he yanked it free and walked into view. Dropping the arrow, he threw Septem a look and said, "You were reckless to take them on all at once, Septem. Be more careful."

Without another word, he turned around and started to walk away, calling over his shoulder, "I'm going to do a perimeter check, and before you start griping, V.L.A.D, I was given special permission to come here!" It wasn't a lie, Mabaa knew that sometimes he couldn't control his magic; so he had no choice but to run it off.

Now, was one of those times.

Shifting back into the wolf form, he took off running. Heading in the opposite direction of everyone.

Last edited:
Awards
As Touketsu began to lead the group through the town, Harmony immediately sped up so she could walk near Henry. Michelle laughed to herself at that. Little Harmony had a crush? Looks like she had grown up a little after all. She’d have to talk to Harmony about that the next time they got the chance.

Most of the others were busy discussing eating and resting arrangements, in the meantime. “You guys aren’t thinking about sleep already, are you? Don’t you want to get anything done? You just started, and that witch isn’t the only one in the city. Are we going to wait for them to destroy my town? Really?” She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. That truly was annoying. They knew there were witches plotting in her town, and yet they wanted to stop for the day? Making one witch go away was enough for now? “Yeah, I know this place inside and out, if you want a hotel or a restaurant or a shop, I’m your girl. But if you start goofing off without paying attention to the people here who are in danger…”

Harmony opened her mouth to say something, but closed it just as quickly. She did agree with Michelle, partially because she hadn’t even considered the mission being an overnight assignment. She was probably naïve to have expected to come and go so easily with witches involved. But still, was it time to go to bed already? Maybe Touketsu and the others didn’t stay up as late as she did sometimes, but-

She stopped her train of thought when she heard Henry’s voice. "So have you ever been here before?"

“M-me? Oh, um… I don’t think so. Michelle moved here when we were younger, but I stay in our old town… so, this is my first time, too… ahaha…” Why was she so bad at small talk?

Michelle turned and watched Race to ignore them for a moment, although walking without keep her eyes in front of her made her bump into one of the others in the group. She glanced at them briefly –oh, Touketsu, of course –before looking back over at Race. He separated from whomever it was that he was hugging to join the group again. A scythe caught her eye before she could start considering asking him to partner up, though. That scythe, next to the guy Race was hugging… was it another Weapon?

"Hey, Harmony. Congratulations on finding a Meister. Kinda make me wonder if Michelle and I are a good match. Tsuki and I are about as different as you and two, from what I can tell."

Michelle and Harmony both turned to stare at Race. Harmony smiled shyly and managed a quiet, “Thank you,” but Michelle ruffled his hair and grinned. “Wanna try it, then? You and me, weapon and meister? Heck, we might even be a better match than Harmony and Tsuki!” she joked. “You ready, I’ll turn now!”

Before Michelle got the chance, another girl ran over to the group. Someone not from town, Michelle could tell. "Hello, everyone. My name's Melody and I'm the partner of Sol over there. He's the big brother of Race back there and it was thought that he died three years ago. Anyways, Lord Death found us and asked us to tag along and try to get back into the swing of working in groups. It's a pleasure to meet everyone!"

“Oh, the other scythe,” Michelle said, looking her up and down. “Uh-huh…” She wasn’t sure if she should feel threatened or not.

A lot of questions came to Harmony’s mind, but she found herself unable to remember a single one of them at the mention of Lord Death’s name. She tried to hide her sudden nausea and trembling as the girl looks through the group.

"If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge."

“Uh…” Nope, not a single thing could come to Harmony’s mind. But now that she was paying a little more attention, it was clear that this wasn’t the voice that she kept hearing. Oh yeah, that was one of her questions, wasn’t it…?

“So you’re zombies?” Michelle asked bluntly. She noticed some of the group beginning to scatter already, including Henry, who was dragged off by one of the other girls of the group. Looks like the poor girl’s got some competition… Harmony looked as though she’d seen a ghost, but was trying, and mostly failing, to look unaffected. “Anyway, Race,” Michelle asked, turning her attention back to him. “Why don’t we test this out? Then, I’ll show you guys a good hotel you can stay at. I know just the place, not too far from here.” She looked at Touketsu for a moment and added, “And then, maybe when the others come back, we can discuss what freaking discipline is, oh great leader.”

Harmony walked back to Tsuki’s side and watched as Michelle turned into her weapon form for Race. When they were younger, it always impressed her a lot, but right now wasn’t the time. Tsuki was her partner, so she could talk to him about anything, right? Well… more importantly, he was her friend, so she could talk to him. But would he think her crazy for asking about this?

“…You two were amazing… like...WHOOSH!! FIRE ATTACK! … BOOOOMM!” she whispered to him. “…Sound familiar?” She could play it off as something from a book if he hadn’t heard the voice. Maybe it was just her imagination, after all.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Race

Race ignores the words coming from Melody and turns his attention back towards Michelle as she says to test things out. Before he can say anything the girl transforms into her weapon form and falls into his hands. He expects his body to be pulled down to the ground from the weight, but nothing happens. He just stands there with a new scythe in his hands and smiles. Thinking that this is some sort of joke used to get at him, he spins the girl in his hands around using his left hand a few times before finally leaping into the air and slamming the non-bladed side into the pavement. Imagining a target standing before him, he grips the shaft firmly and slides it forward before stopping and sweeping upwards in a vertical arch. He finally spins the weapon around his body with expert skill and slams the blade this time through the pavement.

He tells himself that the weight is perfect and the balance offers just the right amount of resistance. With that he pulls the blade out of the ground and spins it until he is looking into the blade itself. He concentrates a little at a faint image that he sees and notices that it's Michelle looking back at him. "It would seem that we are a match, Michelle. So tell me if that hurt you or anything. I wouldn't want to fight in a way that causes you pain from impacts."

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Truth~

“…You two were amazing… like...WHOOSH!! FIRE ATTACK! … BOOOOMM!” she whispered to him. “…Sound familiar?”

Tsuki stopped walking, eyes widening as his heart began to beat faster, blinking and staring at Harmony in unmasked shock. Meanwhile, Hanyuu floated around in a frenzy.

“SHE HEARD ME!”

Tsuki couldn’t very well respond without Harmony seeing him but if she could hear Hanyuu than did it really matter?

“TSUKI HOW CAN SHE POSSIBLY HEAR ME?!” Hanyuu wailed “It doesn’t work that way! You, Lord Death and Kid are the only three that can hear me!! Oh gosh what if she can see me?!”

Hanyuu wasn't one to freak out and lose her cool like this. In fact it unnerved Tsuki to see the girl freaking out so badly.

Tsuki looked at Harmony, calm and serious. She was his partner now, this was true, but no one was supposed to see Hanyuu. Or hear her. He didn’t want anyone to. Hanyuu was his friend. She was all he had for so long. He wasn’t about to share her with anyone else. Not now or ever. Should he lie? Make her think it was all in her head?

“Tsuki what are you going to say?” Hanyuu fretted “Are you telling her about me?”

Tsuki didn’t reply as he continued to look at Harmony before sighing. He could make her think it was all in her head but Tsuki couldn't be that mean to someone so innocent. “It was said by a ghost. a girl named Hanyuu. She’s my companion and my first and best friend”

Hanyuu gasped and Tsuki stared at Harmony and waited for a reply.

Could he trust her?

~Candy shop therapy ~

"This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen"

Henry looked at his surroundings in awe, mouth watering and hands shaking. They had gone into a simple little candy shop. But little did Henry know, this place had its very own sour patch kids section. A section! Wall to wall sour patch kids!

"Yahoo!!" he cheered and darted forward, scooping all sorts of little candies into the bag. Carefree.

On the outside.

What are we going to do if Septem comes back? he wondered It took all of us working together to drive off a witch that was just messing around with us. That's not a good number at all. What happens if we meet two witches? Its suicide!!

They weren't ready for a mission like this. Touketsu may be the best and Henry may be second best but in the end what were they? School children. How could they step up and take down the kishin eggs? and the witches? what if they worked as a unit?

"I wish Gear and Treska were here" he sighed bitterly. It wasn't like him to be worried and mope about. He was the cocky one! and then Treska would hit him and call him childish. But as long as Henry, Bella, Touketsu, Charity, Gear and Treska were together, there was nothing that could stop them! Because....

"..because we're so good at working together as a team!" Henry gasped aloud. It was true. Their group was just as dysfunction when they had first met, arguing and what not. But after a while, after several life and death situations, they had gotten much better.

"So maybe I shouldn't worry so much" Henry decided as he finished up "Nothing's going to happen to us. It just takes time for a new team to get used to each other is all. We're not outclassed after all!"

He then remembered Raine was with him

"Ehehe sorry" he chuckled "I had a little something on my mind"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Why Do I Play Myself This Way? -~

The slap of his paws against the ground made Cloud run faster, he needed to get away from town; he couldn't stay surrounded by the machines presently or he would've lost his mind. If he even had one anymore, but he highly doubted it; his muscles screamed with agony as he tried to think through the pain. Sure, it was less than right after the fight, but it still drew his mind to it on quite a few occasions.

Weaving in between the trees, he didn't think of where his body was taking him, he just ran. Coming to a stop, he stretched and curled up on the ground, trying to access his injuries. His leg hurt but not as bad as before, but his chest was screaming at him because of the damage caused by the ice spell. It felt strange to have that sensation on his skin, but as much as when he was younger and still trying to adjust to his magic.

He felt his mind drift back to Septem, when was the last time that they had the chance to talk? He didn't know for sure, it felt like it was ages ago since they were able to have some friendly chatter. Hearing a noise behind him, Cloud jumped to his feet and whipped around, lips pulled back into a snarl, he felt his whole body grow cold as Mabaa stepped out of hiding.

"Cloud, why are you all the way out here? You should be back in Steampunk City, it couldn't be because of her, could it?"

He stiffed at that and crouched low to the ground, ears pressed against his head and tail tucked, Cloud shook his head and backed away. No, it wasn't because of anyone in the city, he needed the chance to run; and he just didn't know how to fight it off anymore.

~- Candy Is The Fix For Everything! -~

Raine felt Henry's eagerness, making her smile and laugh. It felt nice to see him carefree like that, Henry being serious just didn't seem right. She felt her hand slip free from his grip, and while he was having fun in the store, Raine wandered through it trying to see if anything looked good. She got together a small collection of the different things that looked good, looking around her to see that she'd gotten separated from Henry.

Sighing, she wandered through the store until she came across him staring at the Sour Patch Kids. "It just takes time for a new team to get used to each other is all. We're not outclassed after all!"

She looked at him in concern, it sounded like he had a lot weighing on his mind; and she didn't want to pry. All of a sudden, Henry chuckled, "Ehehe sorry, I had a little something on my mind."

Raine knew what he meant by that, she couldn't stop thinking about where she use to live or the fact witches were able to live in harmony there. Instead of letting it show, a smile spread across her face and she said cheerfully, "It's okay, we'll find a way to make it through this mission; especially if we all work together and can learn how to predict what our allies are thinking so we can work together better, and also learn what our enemies are thinking so we can outmaneuver them."

Smiling a bit more, Raine added on optimistically, "Besides, don't you know? Candy is a good fix for every given situation!"

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
So um, I posted in the wrong place just now by accident. Meant to post in another rp eheheh. Ignore and delete this post please! *the horrors of not paying attention to what your doing*

Awards
“Hurt me? Are you crazy?” Michelle replied ecstatically. “I finally found a Meister! I was starting to think I never would!” Laughing, she said, “Guess we'll be working together from here on out, then, huh?”

Harmony bit her lip and mentally scolded herself for saying anything when she saw Tsuki's shocked reaction. Did he think she was crazy? He thought she was crazy. He had to. She was crazy. She tugged a lock of her orange hair self-consciously, looking at the ground and trying to come up with some excuse.

But wouldn't an excuse just be a lie? She shouldn't lie to her Meister; she shouldn't lie to her friend. And as much as she wanted to lie to herself and say that, no, she was imagining it, she was sleep-deprived, or worried, or over-imaginative, she couldn't. Not when she was hearing bits and pieces of that voice again right now. It wasn't enough to piece together any coherent meaning, but she was absolutely certain she heard the voice say Tsuki's name, and that made her involuntarily shiver. She glanced around once more. Was it a spying witch? Just some gossiping girl? She couldn't discern the source at all, though. Sighing, she couldn't help but wonder what Henry would do in this situation. She wondered if she wasn't cool anymore since she was going crazy now...

Just as she finally opened her mouth to say “Never mind” and just apologize for bringing it up, Tsuki said something, and she accidentally spoke at the same time. She wasn't loud enough to speak over him, that was for sure, but she was loud enough that it took her a little while to register what Tsuki had said.

When she did figure out what she had heard and convinced herself she hadn't misheard, she wasn't sure how to react. She'd heard tales of ghosts and ghouls before, sure, but fear wasn’t one of the feelings at all. After all... if it was Tsuki's best friend, it couldn't be a scary thing right? She battled with a bit of shock, yes, and the more studious side of her battled with a bit of logic, and there might have been a bit of jealousy over her own lack of a best friend outside of Michelle, but it was quickly clear what emotion won.

A smile slowly spread across her face, a larger one than she usually made, and without thinking, she took Tsuki's hands, and it was all she could do to stop from bouncing in place. “Tsuki, that's great. So you haven't been alone all this time then.” She wasn't as jubilant as Michelle would show herself to be, but she was completely earnest in her feelings. Because what she felt most was relief. Relief that she wasn't crazy and relief than everyone was wrong about Tsuki. “And I'm not losing my mind, t-that's a plus, too,” she added, blushing and pulling and hands away. “I'm happy for you.” She put her hands behind her back and shied away, shrinking into her shadow and looking at the sky, a little embarrassed that she'd actually grabbed a boy's hands. “So happy... I... I guess I should introduce myself to Hanyuu, too?” Her voice was so low now that it was almost a whisper. “If –if that's okay, I mean.”

Muramasa

Once the two of them were far enough away from the group, Love watched Jev pass restaurant after restaurant as he pulled her along. "Jev, are we gonna stop and eat somewhere any time soon?" she asked, frowning a little. Surprised to feel the grip on her hand loosen, she looked up in time to watch him come to an abrupt stop in front of her and lean against a brick wall tiredly. "Yeah, sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." he answered, brushing some of his red hair aside to see better. Love shook her head in disbelief before glancing around to see where they were at.

They were standing right outside of an alley way, a light hung in the corner a few feet away on the brick wall. There was a sea of pitch black to her left that Love couldn't make out anything distinguishable. Had Jev kept pulling her along, it wouldn't be long before they both ended up lost. "Why don't we head back the way we came and grab a bite to eat Jev? I think there was a sandwich shop we passed by on the way here."

He nodded silently in agreement, gently taking a hold of her hand this time and walking casual at her side. "Your sense of direction hasn't improved at all Jev," she teased. "Like you have room to talk! You could of said something ya know!" he replied, rolling his eyes at her. "I thought you knew where you were going!" she laughed, using the hand that had hold of hers to twirl herself. He gave her a lopsided grin before something caught the corner of his eye. "Hey Love, is that the sandwich shop you were talking about earlier?" he asked.

A man was sitting behind a cash register, handing out sandwiches that gave off some steam, fresh out of an oven. "Yup, that's the place!" she said excitedly. Together they walked up and purchased a sandwich each to munch on. While Love munched away on her's, Jev noticed a fire escape on the side of a building and got an idea. "Love, are you feeling up for a little adventure?" he asked.

"Of course!" she responded with a smile.

"Good." Leading her over to the fire escape, he started to climb it with ease, knowing perfectly well that she would follow him. Steadily getting higher and higher on the stairs, he felt a rush of adventure and excitement flowing through his veins. It has been awhile since we've been alone together like this. Finally reaching the last step, he took a seat on the ledge and grabbed out his sandwich. Love copied him, already a quarter way through her sandwich and was watching Steam Punk City below with interest. "Do you think we can spot the others from here?" she asked, observing a candy shop two blocks away.

"Yeah." he answered in between bites of his food. "From here, we can pretty much see everything below us and won't have to worry about an ambush from above." She made a sound of approval and continued to observe and make mental notes on where everything was at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back