• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora Vs. Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora Vs. Roxas as a main character?

• Sora

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Roxas

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Both.

Votes: 40 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raebus

I prefer Roxas. I didn't think much of him in KH2 during the opening bit but after playing days he was just a better developed main character, to me atleast. :)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I frankly couldn't give a shit about Roxas. Sora's saving the worlds, while Roxas is under the false impression that he can still somehow be completed without just returning to Sora.

caiomelow

Website
www.twitter.com
I dunno which one I prefer... Sora is very happy... That makes me crazy; but on the other side Roxas is very serious, that makes me crazy too. As they "fused" at the end of KH2, I believe Sora will be the perfect main character on KH3 (not so happy, nor so serious)

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I say both because they balance each other out.

huanglulu

I like both of them what i like about Sora is his cheerfulness and always looking at the bright side even in bad times as for Roxas his maturity and he tends to think more before he act and the thing that i like about both of them is that they always care and look out for their friends and also their kindness.

Raebus

I dunno which one I prefer... Sora is very happy... That makes me crazy; but on the other side Roxas is very serious, that makes me crazy too. As they "fused" at the end of KH2, I believe Sora will be the perfect main character on KH3 (not so happy, nor so serious)

They didn't fuse at the end of KH2, it was at the start of it.

UnrelentingLight

I'm gonna have to go with both. While Sora's happy go lucky nature annoys me at times I don't think I'd want to see him just leave after all of the games he's been in. I really like Roxas a lot better though. If it had to be one or the other it would be Roxas, but since it doesn't I choose both.

A

Azrael

Sora's stronger than Roxas and isn't crying out for attention like our Ven wannabe so I'm going for him.

magic713

Awards
People keep saying that Roxas's storyline is deeper than Sora's. Well lets see.

Sora is not only trying to solve his problems but also the problems of many disney based worlds so the story isn't entirely focused on him as it was on Roxas in Days. Sure Roxas visited Disney based worlds, but he was not obligated in helping said worlds so the story was more focused on Roxs as opposed to Sora's story of exploring and helping these worlds. So because Sora is in these worlds, he has to share the spotlight with the main characters of the world, leaving very little room for character development while he is there.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
People keep saying that Roxas's storyline is deeper than Sora's. Well lets see.

Roxas tends to be emo as opposed to Sora who clings onto smiling through it outside of his mental breakdowns. So to the casual viewer Roxas comes off as "deeper" since he often requires less thought and effort to understand.

Sora is not only trying to solve his problems but also the problems of many disney based worlds so the story isn't entirely focused on him as it was on Roxas in Days.

Actually, to me, Days is centered around Roxas as much as KH2 is around Sora. Namely - not at all. :\ Days is Xion and Axel's story XD; Roxas is a victim that doesn't even try to understand what's going on around him. He calls Axel a liar only to have Xemnas say what Axel did the next day :v

Sure Roxas visited Disney based worlds, but he was not obligated in helping said worlds so the story was more focused on Roxs as opposed to Sora's story of exploring and helping these worlds.

In that sense I liked better Roxas's involvement in the worlds than Sora's in KH2 :\ Roxas was involved but the focus never shifted from him and his story, unlike in KH2 where Sora sat aside and watched Simba fight Scar. Roxas actually got involved and related and learned things from the Disney worlds. It wasn't as useless as it was to Sora in KH2, both on the personal as well as the plot level. Hell, with Roxas taking Org members with him, the Disney worlds went the distance and gave us Organization interaction which was lacking in the party in KH2, to me.

So because Sora is in these worlds, he has to share the spotlight with the main characters of the world, leaving very little room for character development while he is there.

Nope, that's not the problem. :\ Sora had more than enough spotlight to himself. In KH1 he had it, he had it in CoM, and he did also have times where he had it in KH2 (mental breakdown yaaa \o/).
It's just that overall, Sora's attitude towards things is different than Roxas's and his development is spread over an entire series, as opposed to Roxas who had one and a bit games to be focused in.

Axens

Banned
I say both although I voted Roxas. Sora can be cool whe he is angry (on those VERY rare occasions) and Roxas is the same way, only he gets angry more in my opinion. As for a battle between them, Sora beat him in KH 2, so I would have to go with the facts and say Sora.

Malevolence

Raw Life
I put both, because obviously they're the same person. But I do wish that Roxas's design was Sora's throughout all of the games.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Actually, Roxas is the one that basically won in the regular KH2 xD; in the scene battle. Roxas just got cocky so Sora managed to surprise him by summoning back his Keyblade, an ability Roxas didn't know about.

So Sora won because Roxas dropped his guard... Winners don't do that ..tsk tsk tsk.

I'd say both, like in BBS with three main characters, I'd like Sora and Roxas, even Riku if we added him in, to share the spotlight.

Kupo

sora all the way, i never really gave a sh** about roxas, hes cool and all i guess but he never really proved to be an important character other than showing that good guys can have nobodies too if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back