• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora Vs. Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora Vs. Roxas as a main character?

• Sora

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Roxas

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Both.

Votes: 40 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Sora is the better overall choice. Roxas is just a nobody... A part of Sora that makes him complete. His existence outside Sora's being is only a hindrance to Sora's capabilities. Roxas is best where he's at. He had already caused enough problems, intentional or, not.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Sora is the better overall choice. Roxas is just a nobody... A part of Sora that makes him complete. His existence outside Sora's being is only a hindrance to Sora's capabilities. Roxas is best where he's at. He had already caused enough problems, intentional or, not.

Dude you sound like Diz....:lol:

Obsidian

To me, Roxas is a much more developed character than Sora and his actions and words all seem like a distinct personality rather than the plain "I GOTTA SAVE KAIRI" and such. The diary that he keeps really gives you a look into his thoughts, maybe if Sora had one I'd find him slightly more fleshed out, but Roxas just has so much more detail to him.

I completely agree with this. As Smile said earlier, Roxas has the "lone wolf" personality that I like. I don't really care for Sora's over cheeriness, he comes off...kinda dumb =/ Obviously, I'm not arguing that Roxas is "smarter" but he just seems more "genuine". I guess it's hard for me to describe exactly what I like about him.

Maybe if Sora were a tad more serious about finding Kairi/Riku, then I'd like him more. I guess he can't really be blamed for having a good time in between. Maybe my slight dislike stems from the fact that I don't like Donald or Goofy and he's always with them...

I DO like both characters however, I kind of wish you could switch between the two.

A

Azrael

Revised opinion. Xion should have been the main character.

Eh. No.

Sora may have his flaws but he's stronger than Roxas and Xion

Roxas was as strong as Sora was in when he was in Hollow Bastion but no doubt fusing with Roxas Xionmade him stronger.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
^ Still don't agree that Sora is stronger than Roxas.

Its a tough truth that we will all have to live with :31: I think sora and roxas are pretty even, except for the fact that Roxas lost to Rikunort.... Sora would have never lost to him :cool:

And I don't think Sora could take on Xion and Roxas at the same time.

Final form sora takes all :lol:

Obsidian

Its a tough truth that we will all have to live with :31: I think sora and roxas are pretty even, except for the fact that Roxas lost to Rikunort.... Sora would have never lost to him :cool:

To be honest, I still think Sora would've lost to Rikunort, Sora needed Donald and Goofy to win, he wasn't fighting by himself. Also, the time that Sora and Ansem SOD fought, Sora still couldn't completely win.

Also, I'm of the opinion that Roxas only lost the dual with Sora because he was careless and didn't know about the Keyblade recall ability. Anyone could see that Roxas was dominating the fight the entire time =P

I can't say that either one is stronger than the other (since they're two halves of one), but Roxas seems to have more combat prowess. All those days of Heartless extermination paid off lol.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Their powers are even right? When you cut a pizza in half, the first half isn't any tastier than the second...

However, Sora in his original form is obviously stronger than Roxas (which only represents one half of Sora's being and power).

So in relative terms Sora (Heart + Body and Soul) is stronger than Roxas (Body and Soul). I hope I said that ok...

Obsidian

Actually, Sora beat Rikunort. It's Riku he had Donald and Goofy helping him with.

Wait, what?? Explain this to me lol. Rikunort = Ansem's body Riku right?

Hmm, I think I phrased my previous post wrong... what I meant was Sora wouldn't be able to beat Ansem SOD by himself (as in completely knock out let's say) and Rikunort, I imagine is on par with Ansem SOD. So it stands to reason that Sora (by himself) couldn't beat Rikunort either.

EDIT:
The Conquerer said:
Their powers are even right? When you cut a pizza in half, the first half isn't any tastier than the second...

However, Sora in his original form is obviously stronger than Roxas (which only represents one half of Sora's being and power).

So in relative terms Sora (Heart + Body and Soul) is stronger than Roxas (Body and Soul). I hope I said that ok...

OH, I get what you're saying now. I dunno if that's really a fair comparison if you're comparing one whole person (Somebody+Nobody) to their half (only Nobody), but yeah, I guess I'd have to agree with that lol.

Last edited:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Also, I'm of the opinion that Roxas only lost the dual with Sora because he was careless and didn't know about the Keyblade recall ability. Anyone could see that Roxas was dominating the fight the entire time =P
i Kinda agree with this opinion... it could also be that roxas really had no intension of winning the duel and just was testing sora strength.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Wait, what?? Explain this to me lol. Rikunort = Ansem's body Riku right?

Hmm, I think I phrased my previous post wrong... what I meant was Sora wouldn't be able to beat Ansem SOD by himself (as in completely knock out let's say) and Rikunort, I imagine is on par with Ansem SOD. So it stands to reason that Sora (by himself) couldn't beat Rikunort either.

It wasn't quite quite quite SoD Ansem by then though as he went into the very Heart of Darkness and absorbed powers from there. Much like how Xemnas united with Kingdom Hearts.
However, when it was "just" SoD Ansem in Riku's Body, in Hollow Bastion, Sora beat him one-on-one.
Sora managed to beat Xemnas one-on-one, too.
That's why both "cheated".

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Obviously, I'm not arguing that Roxas is "smarter" but he just seems more "genuine".

I think this is the thing that causes Sora's personality to get misinterpreted, really - Sora's cheeriness was never intended to be entirely genuine. The thing is, we're all so used to horribly-forced happiness getting pawned off on kids as the genuine article that the immediate assumption isn't, "Sora's hiding something" but instead is "Sora's another lousy fake-happy kid-show protagonist with no depth."

Sora wears cheerfulness like armor, and sticks more on the worse things get. Even his seeming "regression" in KH2 can be explained by that - he might act like an oblivious tourist a lot of the time, but that kind of shallowness is useful when you might never get a chance to come back.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora wears cheerfulness like armor, and sticks more on the worse things get. Even his seeming "regression" in KH2 can be explained by that - he might act like an oblivious tourist a lot of the time, but that kind of shallowness is useful when you might never get a chance to come back.

Ya, and that's part of why I adore the kid. He's clinging onto what he knew as all his life was just about the perfectest childhood ever on his playground island with his best friends. Suddenly it all goes to hell and he has to fight said best friend to save other said childhood friend after their world went bye bye.
I don't really get why people think Sora's all that happy - he certainly wasn't all around gleeful during KH1. Half the game was Donald and Goofy trying to cheer him up.
CoM/Re:CoM was him going through a mental breakdown and losing his sanity.
KH2 was him trying to hold onto some sanity in the Disney worlds because in between he had mental breakdowns.

I guess that unlike Roxas who ONLY has emo once the ice cream scenes stop, Sora has that "half of the game" where he's actually cheerful and people use that as an excuse to neglect the fact that omfg Sora's arguably more broken than Riku, BECAUSE he's trying not to show it.
But that's exactly why I love him, and part of what got me to like Riku so much in Reverse-Rebirth once he met Mickey -
Hope doesn't make you instantly happy, nor does it dumb you down. However, having hope, truly holding onto it and believing in it is a sign that Sora is one of the strongest people in the series.

Rexy

Bronze Member
i like roxas and sora, butwhen i finished 358/2 days i was tired of roxas...so i voted Sora :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back