• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sooo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Yeah, I miss the old KHI. DM used to be one of the busiest sections since requests and shit like that were popular with some of the newer members; after the merge, many just overlooked it, I guess. Only the regulars visited and now we've all basically left. It sucks. Even though there was, like, stupid shit that happened when I was on staff that made me not want to come on, I still missed this place 'cause it was like a second site almost. Just a bunch of people making art and helping each other and shit.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
sooo how about those dm classes?

i can still do those over the weekend, maybe that'll help out a little

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
that would certainly help, get more activity from the rest of the forum.

We should write it exactly like the Declaration of Independence. With intense amounts of bickering. "I WANT A SANCTIONED FISHING CLAUSE!"

Seriously, if you guys have ideas, maybe I could get to writing it up.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
We should've never banned Kami.

Gonna leave this thread now.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Yet the same heads fade from even others in this thread's own native ones :/
^counter-point has been proven SO many times.

-need more ballsy artists
-need more posting of content
-need more structured way of delivering (even) comments and critique
-need to inform the hobbyist that post here, how to do the above^.
-need to put less emphasis on casualty, and cut out the previous elitism for the sake of 'equality'. By this I mean less tomfoolery and more productivity. I know we want to be Hellparks sometimes, but we aren't and he's gone, thats the reality lol.
-Got spare time? Even if you don't post content, my god will you comment and critique when I'm done with you.

[h=1]“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” -C.S. Lewis[/h]

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
AAAAND Voice bought all our souls from KHI and will proceed to slave-drive us till we are nothing but shuffling zombies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I've always been a backseat mod when you think about it, especially in this section. I prefer member territory, theres less obligation to necessary or imposed order. I'm not really sure how to say this,

but whats the point of graphic shops?

Please, someone give an answer that doesn't totally kill the arguement "it diverts attention from the main section"

:|

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Shops are primarily used for people outside of the section to request tags despite the fact that most just use stock images on google or .gifs...or youtube videos...or not an image at all. I don't have sigs turned on but when I'm browsing as a guest that's all I see.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
but whats the point of graphic shops?

I think graphic shops could still have a legit spot in DM if there was some kind of rule placed on having yt vids and gifs in the sigspace. It's just like sean said. It's all that's in members' sigspaces as of late...or at least a majority of the members.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I think graphic shops could still have a legit spot in DM if there was some kind of rule placed on having yt vids and gifs in the sigspace. It's just like sean said. It's all that's in members' sigspaces as of late...or at least a majority of the members.

Yeah ;/ I swear the DM people and the requesters are the only people here who have legit sigs. WTF.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Reposted, in full this time.

wanna really know why sigs fell in decline?

500 character limit rule imposed in 2008-2009.

Just sayin'

If you really want an example, administration couldn't subject or alter signatures that were the sizes they were. OmniChaos wore a signature for about 5 years on this site, well exceeding the 500 character limit even when he wasn't a mod. Then we he finally altered it, he got knocked down to 500 characters and doesn't even wear an actual graphic anymore.

I really don't remember the old character limit, but it was pretty large, and regular members (now are) allowed 1 signature image, and premiums/plats/staff got 2 images.

If you want a statistic, this information cannot be found in the FAQs, or even in THIS section of all sections. So its not that people don't know, but with certain rules that are enforced but not in present awareness, the scrutiny comes at the cost of people being unaware.

Extension--

With optimizing a forum, you have to cut somewhere. Sacrificing a privilege for the sake of saving bandwidth so the servers can load the pages at an optimal and satisfactory speed you would think has nothing to do with the popularity of tags. Maybe, but if you speculate the popularity of less complex signatures, such as gifs and youtube video link parsing (KHI didn't even have full-vid posting until a few year ago), it becomes PRETTY damn evident that 500 characters is suppressing the graphics portion of signatures.

Hell if you really want me to be specific. Most people would want to wear something of a subtle or obvious obsession in their sig space. The need for a graphic shop, is to satisfy that and thus brings requesters to this section. You also have to think about the likeability of the members, like Lancelot (pre-admin) and how his shop was so popular because of his likeability as a member, and how heavily he was loved. Loosing "people" from DM affects those that visit, just as much as something as silly as a character limit does. This goes for Ultima Star retiring Moonlight, Cinollex's inactivity, Miss Murder's ban, Kambria's ban, Sir Jecht's absence, and several of our 07' crowd that pretty much retreated to their lives.

There is a timeline for everything guys, considering how its played out helps you to get a grip on things.

No offense Cloud and Pablo, but your modship hasn't been as satisfying as The Scarecrow's, Toilet Crusher's, and _tux's/Sparkle Motion's, and Sexual White Chocolate's. (I know there were several more mods, i apologize if I didn't list'em all.)

Just the factors that I've seen to be positive and negative.

Positive Factors between 06-Present

• [*=1]Graphic Clans
    [*=1]Regulated Signature of The Week
    [*=1]Handicap Battles
    [*=1]Tutorial and Resource Sharing
    [*=1]Our moderation posted, and were acknowledged as the "leads" or had some kind of connect to graphics, we didn't (as hobbyist or early art students)
    [*=1]A larger signature character limit
    [*=1]Access to older threads (at the time)
    [*=1]Likeability of a great number of graphic section regulars
    [*=1]Animations. User crafted gif signatures were popular.
    [*=1]Limited number of graphic shops.
    [*=1]Lets not forget when KH II was released, its all people really requested.
    [*=1]We had a steady activity of custom spriters.

Negative Factors between 07-Present

• [*=1]Lack of Animators and Spriters
    [*=1]Noticeable lack of "Leadership" in this section + reduced activity = Flatline.
    [*=1]A significant decrease in members
    [*=1]Disappearance and Banning of more iconic members (morale killer, seriously)
    [*=1]DM + TM merge
    [*=1]Lack of KH related-tag traffic
    [*=1]Our foundation moderators have all ultimately been retired
    [*=1]Tighter character limit on signatures.
    [*=1]Popularity of single GIF & Youtube signatures. (screw you tumblr!)
    [*=1]Noticeable decline in resources being posted/contributed
    [*=1]Noticeable decline in tutorials being posted/contributed
    [*=1]No real community involvement, staged projects.
    [*=1]Unnecessary criticism of community project: DM Tagworm. (morale killer)
    [*=1]Absolutely no accessibility to pre 09' threads. They've been completely wiped, all but the stickies. (I understand, bandwidth is a killer, no denying that.)

Last edited:

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
I really don't like how we keep comparing where this section is now to how it was in the past. It was a different time back then. The community was an entirely different place than it was now. But that is what happens. Things change over time and theres nothing you can do about it. Yeah it's always going to feel awesome when you think about how this place used to be because nostalgia. It's a pretty simple answer, but when it comes down to it, we need to move on. This place isn't going to ever be how it used to. Lets focus on the present now.

As for the merge, no, I never liked the idea of it. It annoyed me beyond belief to have this section, this separate community that meant a lot to the regulars, be thrown into a subsection where it would ultimately become an underground bar of sorts. But truth be told, I'm not entirely sure it really needed its own section...diddly it, we need to get rid of that pitiful excuse for a section called Creative Media and just make it how it used to be (I completely lost my train of thought as to why it was ever a better idea to merge them, because it wasn't). No one ever goes to Creative Media.

But seriously, this place is an underground bar. It's only known to the people that know it exists.

No offense Cloud and Pablo, but your modship hasn't been as satisfying as The Scarecrow's, Toilet Crusher's, and _tux's/Sparkle Motion's, and Sexual White Chocolate's.
Then tell me how I can be better.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Just spit-balling here, but what if we did a DM-exclusive tag-worm depicting the history of the KH series (like, Pablo did BbS, I do KH1, etc) and get the staff to post about it on the main site/announcements section? I'm sure if we kept the thread in here, more members would visit and hopefully look at the rest of the section and sub-sections.

I dunno. There's gotta be something we can do to get the attention of the site. DM has basically been a sub-section for a while now, and it's more and more looking like an archive than anything else, tbh.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Just spit-balling here, but what if we did a DM-exclusive tag-worm depicting the history of the KH series (like, Pablo did BbS, I do KH1, etc) and get the staff to post about it on the main site/announcements section? I'm sure if we kept the thread in here, more members would visit and hopefully look at the rest of the section and sub-sections.

I dunno. There's gotta be something we can do to get the attention of the site. DM has basically been a sub-section for a while now, and it's more and more looking like an archive than anything else, tbh.

God. That archive comment hits hard. I always know where to look in this section because there are only one or two spots I know are active. We need to get Jaxx on the band wagon to get the DM section going again. I guarantee the newbies who flocked here for DDD don't even know what this place is. Let alone what tags are. If we could get Sign or somebody to make a front page post about it, things could pick up. Maybe I can see if we can't strike a deal. We make a bunch of KH sigs and Avvys for people to have, and in return they give the low down on the DM section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back