• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sooo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Seems we have ourselves a little situation here. No one has been active at all since the summer ended. Yeah I get it, we have things to do, like school, which is totally fine. I'm just curious as to where all of our mindsets are at and stuff. So what do you guys want? Throw stuff at me. Ideas. Anything.

It's been awkwardly quiet here for the past few weeks and I want you guys to come back ):

commeee baaaccckkkk to meeee

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, i've been trying my best to keep SOTW alive, but it's kind of hard when nobody entered lol. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is more people entering SOTW would be nice. As for my mindset, it's the same as it's ever been.

Malibu

Awards
Every time I try to make something it turns out terrible. So it's not that i'm not trying to be active, it's that I can't make anything worth posting.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'm trying. As soon as all this school crap slows down, I'll be good to go again. In the meantime... I've had just enough time to do requests and that is about it.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
not taking any design courses this semester, so my liberal arts classes are eating up my "would be design" time.
Sorry bro, i can still critique though lol.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'm lazy....and focused on other, things.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I've been fulfilling requests and stuff for my shop. I'm also making a few tutorials at the moment.

I've also got another project going on right now. My sister and I are working on a webcomic. It's in the planning stages at the moment, but I've been busy making stuff for it. She's the artist and I'm the writer/photoshopper. So, I'll probably even less able to come on for a while.

So, basically, I'll be busy making more maps like this:
fantasy_map_for_story_by_ashesofdawn253-d5gs98p.png

And other things for the webcomic.

But I'll try my best to stay as active as possible. I've got schoolwork, graphics shop work, and web comic work to juggle, but I'll do my best to contribute to the DM section.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Don't worry guys, I feel ya feels. Do you guys want to try some stuff to boost your activity? Or do you think it is just something that will come back by itself over time?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Don't worry guys, I feel ya feels. Do you guys want to try some stuff to boost your activity? Or do you think it is just something that will come back by itself over time?

The latter statement seems the best. We love the DM section. It'll just be deserted for a while.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards

We've tried various things in the past to try and boost interest but nothing has really stuck. Personally, it's just what's going on in my life. I'm interested enough to check up on the forums once a day but not enough to give input on people's work or even touch photoshop myself. No promises but I definitely see myself churning out some new stuff this month and adding my voice more around here.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
We've tried various things in the past to try and boost interest but nothing has really stuck. Personally, it's just what's going on in my life. I'm interested enough to check up on the forums once a day but not enough to give input on people's work or even touch photoshop myself. No promises but I definitely see myself churning out some new stuff this month and adding my voice more around here.

Dude. I know that feeling, especially since I'm transfering to a better school out of state, and preparing for that/while finishing a semester = basically no time producing new design content. ):
Hell when I am posting, It's not even from my personal computer, and the ones I use don't have access to photoshop (unless im in the mac lab), which sucks because I've been rusting since I worked on my portfolio in the summer xD.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
and I'm not even in an art major of any kind, I'm a business major haha so this is completely a hobby.

It's related to the limitations of the forum as well - the Digital Media is still just one corner of a KH fan site so it's obviously tough trying to attract new talent and artists. My suggestion is simply to let the forum do it's thing - if people get turned off or move on, there is no stopping them. If we wanted to get more serious we could try hooking up on a more art focused site such as FringeFX but that obviously wouldn't get it more active around here.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Name changes are killing me. No offence to you personally but that's probably part of the reason I keep drifting away, everyone keeps jumping accounts or changing their names.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, going by what zook said it only makes sense.
I prefer KHI's older skins, and pre-merge stance. When graphics section was its own thing, it felt less formal and more informal and equally intimidating to post there, but that is entirely another issue because I'm sure it falls on the individuals even more now than the section itself.

niggas never let me mod, "screw yall! SCREW A.A!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back