• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So they STILL never bothered to explain about Ienzo? And question about Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I agree, but the honest answer is probably that Nomura didn't plan all of that at first. He made Zexion without ever really planning to have him appear young. If you remember, we originally didn't know what Zexion's power was; we only learned later that he controlled illusions. Nomura probably only showed this to us as a retcon to explain why Ienzo would be so young as an apprentice.
Actually, we always knew what his power was, we just didn't know what his weapon was.
Even in CoM it was pretty clear he had power over illusions when he took Sora's form to trick Riku.

mookystank

I always thought Zexion was made an adult because Nomura wouldn't want us to depict the death of a child. I don't think there's much more to read into it than that, I don't think that there's some fantastic reason. Whether he had a magical growth spurt or uses illusions, I don't think it matters. Hell, maybe they did weird experiments with time or something, we know that they banished AtW to the Realm of Nothingness where there is no time at all. I just don't see how it's terribly relevant to anything, it's not like he grew wings or got a keyblade or anything incredible.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I always thought Zexion was made an adult because Nomura wouldn't want us to depict the death of a child. I don't think there's much more to read into it than that, I don't think that there's some fantastic reason. Whether he had a magical growth spurt or uses illusions, I don't think it matters. Hell, maybe they did weird experiments with time or something, we know that they banished AtW to the Realm of Nothingness where there is no time at all. I just don't see how it's terribly relevant to anything, it's not like he grew wings or got a keyblade or anything incredible.

Then he simply could have made Ienzo a young adult instead of child in BBS. I'm still sticking to the Nomura concept art = fail.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
it would've been cool to have him revert to his child state as he was being killed in CoM/ReCoM.
someone enjoys watching little kids tormented.
hahahahaha jk.

on a serious note i think they just needed another little kid to be in distress in Radiant Garden >.< and a need for one of the "SUPER TAV TRIO" to save him.

Radar

Bronze Member
Maybe when a youth produces a nobody, the body continues to age until it reaches a maximum point of maturity, then stops aging after that.
This would not only affect Zexion, but also Roxas and Namine, as we see that they both grew as well
I dont know how much did Namine and Roxas actually grow? They kinda look the same to me..

Shadedsolace

I know its a popular theory but where exactly is it stated that Nobodies cannot age? There are times I see what looks like the appearance of growth, but the only example I can give off the top of my head is Namine. She seems to be older, at least taller in KHII than Re:KH:CoM. A poor example I know, but I have no other frame of reference.

That being said if the theory is true and Nobodies cannot age it should be noted that in the KH Universe sudden increases in height are common place.
  • Ex 1: Sora in KHI and KHII. Over the course of 1 year Sora managed to drastically outgrow his old clothes.
  • Ex 2: Riku in KHI, CoM, KHII, and Days. Notice the sudden change in Riku's appearance in the short time. Not only did he shot up in height but his hair grew like a weed.
  • Ex 3: Isa/Saix and Lea/Axel. In BbS Lea and Isa are roughly around the same height as Ventus. That being said because Ventus = Roxas it can be assumed that Roxas and Ventus are the same height. In Days and KHII it can be seen that Saix and Axel are both significantly taller than Roxas [I'm guessing at least 12 inches for the both of them] as seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Shadedsoul/Kingdom Hearts/OrgHeightsSide.jpg

To wrap things up large height increases aren't that uncommon in the KH Universe. I know it would be a stretch to say that Zexion had a phenomenal growth spurt in that short amount of time. The only thing I can think of besides him using his abilities to make himself look older is that he age was not shown accurately when he was older or when he was younger [which would be a flaw of character design] or he got experimented on too. The latter I know is very unlikely, but that was more of joke answer more than anything.

Awards
I know its a popular theory but where exactly is it stated that Nobodies cannot age?

Nomura said it explicitly in a famitsu interview when asked what age Xemnas was:
KH13.com - Famitsu Weekly, Tetsuya Nomura interview.

There are times I see what looks like the appearance of growth, but the only example I can give off the top of my head is Namine. She seems to be older, at least taller in KHII than Re:KH:CoM. A poor example I know, but I have no other frame of reference.

A side by side comparison does reveal that Namine ages, there's no questioning that.
It's never really been given an explanation, but you can at least assume that it's an exception to the rule (since she's a special Nobody), and not the rule itself. The most popular argument is that it has something to do with the fact that:
a.) Namine isn't made from a body
b.) Namine's somebody, Kairi, is still alive and growing

That being said if the theory is true and Nobodies cannot age it should be noted that in the KH Universe sudden increases in height are common place.
  • Ex 1: Sora in KHI and KHII. Over the course of 1 year Sora managed to drastically outgrow his old clothes.
  • Ex 2: Riku in KHI, CoM, KHII, and Days. Notice the sudden change in Riku's appearance in the short time. Not only did he shot up in height but his hair grew like a weed.
  • Ex 3: Isa/Saix and Lea/Axel. In BbS Lea and Isa are roughly around the same height as Ventus. That being said because Ventus = Roxas it can be assumed that Roxas and Ventus are the same height. In Days and KHII it can be seen that Saix and Axel are both significantly taller than Roxas [I'm guessing at least 12 inches for the both of them] as seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Shadedsoul/Kingdom Hearts/OrgHeightsSide.jpg

To wrap things up large height increases aren't that uncommon in the KH Universe. I know it would be a stretch to say that Zexion had a phenomenal growth spurt in that short amount of time. The only thing I can think of besides him using his abilities to make himself look older is that he age was not shown accurately when he was older or when he was younger [which would be a flaw of character design] or he got experimented on too. The latter I know is very unlikely, but that was more of joke answer more than anything.

It's really just a matter of asking whether or not Zexion appears to be a year older than Ienzo. Even by Kingdom Hearts standards, I don't think he does. Using Ven and Roxas as a frame of reference (like you have), Ienzo appeared roughly a head shorter than Ven, but Zexion is roughly over a head taller than Roxas. That's, I would guess, around a 2-3 foot difference.

Neither Sora nor Riku grew comparatively as much in their year of growth (about a head).

Box_ghost

It's in a Nomura interview. honestly don't feel like digging it up.

One thing that should be noted is that Namine has aged from CoMH to KH2.

and Sora isn't a nobody, nor was Riku.

However, Isa, Lea, and Ienzo do come into question when the topic of aging is at hand.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The only Apprentice who was confirmed to become a Nobody a year after BBS was Xehanort. One could argue that Ienzo took his time.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The only Apprentice who was confirmed to become a Nobody a year after BBS was Xehanort. One could argue that Ienzo took his time.

That works...but I remember someone saying that AtW said they threw their hearts away around the same time and banished him to oblivion

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I honestly think that sense Namine and Roxas' Somebodies hadn't turned into Heartless and they were still growing, I guess this would affect their Nobodies as well. Namine does look different in KHII, hasn't anybody ever noticed that her dress got shorter and her legs longer. But, that's besides the point. I honestly would go with everyone else. Ven's heart, even though it's incomplete due to MX creating Vanitas from it still resides in Roxas.

Z

Zulkir

Here's one explanation that, while not official, I believe fits such that one could consistently explain this nobodies-aging stuff.

Becoming a nobody isn't as simple as a Soul and Body(SnB) separating from the heart.

The nobody is formed by

1) The heart collapsing under darkness
2) Memories from the heart transferring to the nobody(Roxas not remembering cause Sora came back too quick, Sora also said he was forgetting things as he fell into darkness.)
3) The SnB is re-formed in a different place(CO, Twilight Town).

Note that.

-A few nobodies, notably Xigbar, Ienzo, and Xemnas, appear significantly older than their somebody counterparts.
-Those nobodies lost their hearts and formed only a year after BBS(I believe).
-There are a lot of nobodies that did NOT retain human form.

With this in mind, I believe that the process of becoming a nobody begins to mal-form the body that is to become the Nobody.

The degree of this malformation depends on the strength of the heart consumed by darkness.

In the case of a weak heart, the body malforms so much that it becomes a dusk-like nobody, losing human form.

In the case of a resilient heart, the body ages substantially. Zexion, Xigbar.

In the case of an immensly powerful heart, the body hardly ages at all. Xemnas, Roxas.

AFTER the malformation process, the nobody can no longer age.

1) Why does Namine age?

Unlike Zexion, her heart, Kairi, is aging normally, causing Namine to age.

2) Why did you list Xemnas under those who don't age when he is supposedly 30yrs old by Nomura's words?

Because I belive Xemnas's aging is like Namine's, he didn't malform-age like Zexion, but ages normally due to Ansem SoD being active and alive instead of a traditional heartless.

3) Why didn't Roxas age in days if Sora visibly aged into his KH2 appearance.

Ven's heart was in a state of dormancy in Sora, as was Ven's vessel. Since Roxas's appearance is based on Ven, he will not age unless Ven's vessel started to age as well.

How does this all connect to the Mysterious Figure?

It takes some heavy assumptions, I'm not trying to argue any of this is true, just saying that it "fits" hypothetically imo.

If a heart going into darkness causes the vessel to malform and turn into a nobody, what happens if a Heart is forced into a vessel of light?

MX's heart didn't fall into darkness, although Terra's heart was very dark, I feel safe in saying he went into a heart "lighter" than his.

You can think of that process as the opposite of becoming a nobody. Instead of collapsing into darkness, the heart finds a new vessel, and loses none of the memories.

So this reverse-process might actually cause the exact opposite to happen to the body, i.e MX's vessel became YOUNGER and reformed in another location.

Nomura did say something along the lines of the MF being a type of existence we haven't seen before.

Perhaps this new existence is essentially some kind of "reverse-nobody". How would it be different than a regular nobody other than the way it is formed? I don't know, all I know is that it is formed by a process that could be called the opposite as becoming a nobody. Instead of your heart going into darkness, it goes into a location "lighter"(terra's heart) than it had previously been, rather than a location "darker"(realm of darkness)..

Last edited:

Samhain

Bronze Member

False. ALL of them lost their hearts at the same exact time for 1 thing.
i mean its even said in the Ansem Reports that all 6 of them walked through the heart of Radiant Garden

Flickr

i swear Nomura I just.......
If he just said something like- 'we need a lovable shota besides Ven...uh...hey people like Zexion, let's make him into a kid. Hey how's this drawing work animators? Good? Cool.
-months later-
...i wonder if they'll notice.....oh well. I'll just say it's darkness and shit. Kay moving on.' - i will shoot myself.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
...Don't you guys think that when Nomura said "Nobodies don't age", he was referring to the lesser nobodies such as DUSKS AND CREEPERS?

...oh god
He said it in reference to Xemnas' age so obviously he wasn't talking about the lesser Nobodies.

That works...but I remember someone saying that AtW said they threw their hearts away around the same time and banished him to oblivion
False. ALL of them lost their hearts at the same exact time for 1 thing.
i mean its even said in the Ansem Reports that all 6 of them walked through the heart of Radiant Garden
He said they all lost their hearts by walking through the door, he never said they did it at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back