• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So anybody think that gamestop will let me buy early?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdude30

Dear God! That's blasphemy, my child! Every KH fan should know who Billy Zane is and kneel before him as we speak. D:

Anyway, I preordered mine on Amazon. I'm hoping someone makes a tiny mistake in the system and I happen to get mine on Labor Day (which I now realize, is a Postal Service holiday; please ignore the stupidity). SE really likes to tease us fans.

"Sure, lets just release the game one day AFTER Labor Day. That won't piss anyone off." Couldn't it have been last Tuesday, so I could use the holiday blissfully on that game alone? And I'm gonna have to wait til school releases on Tuesday before getting a chance to play it. D: All day Monday, I'll have nothing better to do than sit, wait, and probably read my Government textbook... fun. -_-

I really hate that too. Although it shouldn't be a surprise the game came out early september. If people remember last year days was shown at E3 and announced a summer date. But it came out in September. It was obvious they were going to do that with BBS too but most were hoping it would be before the holiday. But that is extremely retarded. I have work off (well sunday really but monday during the day too) so If it came out monday it would be so awesome to spend the whole day playing it. I will probably take it to work though and play it during my lunch break. I'll just eat lunch on the production floor :D

Gamestops have in the past not only sold products early but even called and said, "Hey we're informing you we have the game in stock now". I've gotten COM 2 days earlier than release date and actually for DBZ Buu's Fury it was even earlier. This was of course back when gamestop WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE YOU THE ARTWORK FOR GAMES FOR FREE :(. And back when Eb Games and Gamestop diddn't to the fusion-HA!

The problem with gamestop selling games early now is this. It's already been pointed out they are technically not supposed to because they can get fined. But think of it this way. Someone goes, "OMG I got my BBS game early at this gamestop location". Now they all head to the gamestop and get the game early. Not only that but the pre-order incentives as well. Now when the release date comes there are less copies left and maybe no pre-order bonuses at all.

The reason why I think they used to sell games a tad earlier was because they did not have a strict street date policy. I read about how that works from being shipped from the nearest location to you're home instead of from the main warehouse. I'm sure they get the game days earlier to the actual stores as well and because of their street date policy I think they accounted for memorial day.

This is why I don't think they sell games early anymore. And some people really would post online, "OMG I GOT MY GAME EARLY AT THIS LOCATION" and not keep it on the hush hush. Even if it's a close thing between an employee and a manager that's still one less copy someone else gets. And if you want to account for pre-ordering. Not everyone can afford to pre-order or can get the game on the release date. Some people can get it a day or two after but sometimes it's sold out.

Just something to keep in mind. It's not really bad if someone gets it early and tells people about it as long as they don't blab about which location it was from. Also if I am wrong in how the pre-order and street date thing works someone please call me out on it. The manager at my gamestop explained it to me. I haven't pre-ordered games in so long, hell they might just call you the day before if they have it.

Really though because of memorial day if stores are to have the game ready to be sold on the 7th. They should have gotten them in by friday or saturday because of the holiday.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
I really hate that too. Although it shouldn't be a surprise the game came out early september. If people remember last year days was shown at E3 and announced a summer date. But it came out in September. It was obvious they were going to do that with BBS too but most were hoping it would be before the holiday. But that is extremely retarded. I have work off (well sunday really but monday during the day too) so If it came out monday it would be so awesome to spend the whole day playing it. I will probably take it to work though and play it during my lunch break. I'll just eat lunch on the production floor :D

Gamestops have in the past not only sold products early but even called and said, "Hey we're informing you we have the game in stock now". I've gotten COM 2 days earlier than release date and actually for DBZ Buu's Fury it was even earlier. This was of course back when gamestop WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE YOU THE ARTWORK FOR GAMES FOR FREE :(. And back when Eb Games and Gamestop diddn't to the fusion-HA!

The problem with gamestop selling games early now is this. It's already been pointed out they are technically not supposed to because they can get fined. But think of it this way. Someone goes, "OMG I got my BBS game early at this gamestop location". Now they all head to the gamestop and get the game early. Not only that but the pre-order incentives as well. Now when the release date comes there are less copies left and maybe no pre-order bonuses at all.

The reason why I think they used to sell games a tad earlier was because they did not have a strict street date policy. I read about how that works from being shipped from the nearest location to you're home instead of from the main warehouse. I'm sure they get the game days earlier to the actual stores as well and because of their street date policy I think they accounted for memorial day.

This is why I don't think they sell games early anymore. And some people really would post online, "OMG I GOT MY GAME EARLY AT THIS LOCATION" and not keep it on the hush hush. Even if it's a close thing between an employee and a manager that's still one less copy someone else gets. And if you want to account for pre-ordering. Not everyone can afford to pre-order or can get the game on the release date. Some people can get it a day or two after but sometimes it's sold out.

Just something to keep in mind. It's not really bad if someone gets it early and tells people about it as long as they don't blab about which location it was from. Also if I am wrong in how the pre-order and street date thing works someone please call me out on it. The manager at my gamestop explained it to me. I haven't pre-ordered games in so long, hell they might just call you the day before if they have it.

Really though because of memorial day if stores are to have the game ready to be sold on the 7th. They should have gotten them in by friday or saturday because of the holiday.

Wow, long post. My short attention span only allowed me to skim it. But it's a very good post.

I would try to get it early, but my GS is 20 min away, and my mom is picking it up for me on Tuesday. She'd complain if she had to make a useless trip Monday, so I'll just wait. They probably already have the game now, but are just waiting til Tues.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hah, i find it funny how you are impatient like that, if he knows you personaly and your gonna work for the Gamestop, think of a LEGITAMATE reason and go for it, not like the Sybil Monk crash with the whole, "i have cancer." exuse, okay?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
My Gamestop has it :D I know what I must do

A

Artorius Rex

Go for it brah and send me a copy.

Oh wait. I got one already.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Tell us how it goes. I'm seriously considering trying to get it on Monday from Gamestop since I'm home from college for the weekend. I'll just be like, "look, I'm leaving for college tonight and won't have another chance to get my copy, can't I just get one now at the price of a pre-order?" ($5 extra)

Sempied

Post what happens. I'm still on the fence of trying to ask without sounding rude, or insightful when asking of it. "Hey I've seen that your other stores have BbS. Do you possibly have this in?" "Oh you do? Is it possible I could get it? I pre ordered this about 2 months ago, and was wondering if I could pick it up?" I just can't find saying that to them going out so well.

Silver warrior

Post what happens. I'm still on the fence of trying to ask without sounding rude, or insightful when asking of it. "Hey I've seen that your other stores have BbS. Do you possibly have this in?" "Oh you do? Is it possible I could get it? I pre ordered this about 2 months ago, and was wondering if I could pick it up?" I just can't find saying that to them going out so well.

actually that not a bad way of asking i mean your being polite plus the worst that can happen is that they say no.

yomitchymitch

Hah, i find it funny how you are impatient like that, if he knows you personaly and your gonna work for the Gamestop, think of a LEGITAMATE reason and go for it, not like the Sybil Monk crash with the whole, "i have cancer." exuse, okay?

My reason is that I won't be able to pick it up until Thursday if I don't get it monday. And that's pushing it.

Gamestop will only hold the game for 48 hours. Thursday is the second day. After that I'm not guarenteed anything. That's why I don't wanna risk is.

yomitchymitch

some gamestops have done that before, those gamestops also were never allowed to sell games by those companies ever again

I really, REALLY, don't believe that one bit.
Just saying. Most game companies have stated at one point or another they don't mind selling the game early. As long as they get the money.
And I just really doubt they would not give those games to the gamestop. I could never see this happening " Hey man, do you guys have kingdom hearts?" " No sir, we sold Birth by sleep early, and now we can't sell any Square Enix games anymore."

thedairyfairy

I could never see this happening " Hey man, do you guys have kingdom hearts?" " No sir, we sold Birth by sleep early, and now we can't sell any Square Enix games anymore."

lolz

I'm going to try to do the strategy suggested before, where I'm gonna go in and say I'm leaving tuesday morning and whatnot. However, it might be kind of awkward if they say no and I show up the next day to pick it up.

A

Artorius Rex

It took me a lot of dirty favors if you know what I mean. ;]

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
The lady at Gamestop showed me the game and decals. I was ready to take it and run... Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back