• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So anybody think that gamestop will let me buy early?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Wait..So if I already pre-ordered, and have paid all of the game off, come into Gamestop, and blatantly ask 'Do you have Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep yet?", if they respond yes I insightfully say "Oh. I pre-ordered this about 2 months ago, and was wondering if I could just get it now?"

The whole process just seems so rude to do.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Well thanks! I don't know who Zane is
Dear God! That's blasphemy, my child! Every KH fan should know who Billy Zane is and kneel before him as we speak. D:

Anyway, I preordered mine on Amazon. I'm hoping someone makes a tiny mistake in the system and I happen to get mine on Labor Day (which I now realize, is a Postal Service holiday; please ignore the stupidity). SE really likes to tease us fans.

"Sure, lets just release the game one day AFTER Labor Day. That won't piss anyone off." Couldn't it have been last Tuesday, so I could use the holiday blissfully on that game alone? And I'm gonna have to wait til school releases on Tuesday before getting a chance to play it. D: All day Monday, I'll have nothing better to do than sit, wait, and probably read my Government textbook... fun. -_-

Last edited:

yomitchymitch

Wait..So if I already pre-ordered, and have paid all of the game off, come into Gamestop, and blatantly ask 'Do you have Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep yet?", if they respond yes I insightfully say "Oh. I pre-ordered this about 2 months ago, and was wondering if I could just get it now?"

The whole process just seems so rude to do.

Honestly, it is a little rude. But the manager of my store. He has become my friend over the 6 years we've spent selling and buying games from each other.
Plus, they know I'm a kid. And if I have the money, why not?

O

Oberon

It is actually illegal or highly punishable to sell something before its marketing release date.

Just an FYI. Not trying to make it sound super serious or anything but I'm sure law or regulation has something to do with a consumer product and its release.

Still, I doubt you'd get it early not only because of that but because GameStop in general doesn't take it out of the box until release date; in fact, with my experience with gamestop and the KH2 release, they had JUST received the KH2 shipment at 7 PM on March 26th, 2006 when it had released. Sometimes they dont have the shipment on time I guess.

I ordered from Amazon.com as I've said a few times and it just shipped tonight, so I won't see it until Tues morning.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Wait, now that I think about it. Even if they did accidentally send me the game earlier than expected; no mail on Labor Day. I'm such a sad, sad idiot. D: But I justify what I previously said with wishful thinking. It makes wise men go mad as someone wise, or mad? once said... maybe.

yomitchymitch

Sony and Microsoft have both stated they do not care if a store sells the product early, as long as they get moola ($) for it.

My manager told me today. That they have in stock, the psp bundle.

Sempied

Honestly, it is a little rude. But the manager of my store. He has become my friend over the 6 years we've spent selling and buying games from each other.
Plus, they know I'm a kid. And if I have the money, why not?
That may be for your case. However in the case of my own the Gamestop employee might just give a weird look, look back, possibly find it, and then for them to find it for me to just that I had already paid it all off via pre order, and would like it now just seems so odd, and crude in my case.

I'm not saying that I won't ive it a go, or anything, but the entire process just seems very morose.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Dear God! That's blasphemy, my child! Every KH fan should know who Billy Zane is and worship him by now.

GOD!?! D:
You're a hypocrite!
:B

I'm going in Monday to pay BBS off. I'll ask if I can get it early, but I actually might be offered if it's the same guy that was working there the time I got Pokemon Soul Silver early :D
I wont be able to play it much Monday because I'll be at GS at night because I'll be in Seattle most the day =\ So I really don't care if I get it early because I'll just pick it up on my way home from school Tuesday if I don't.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
GOD!?! D:
You're a hypocrite!
:B

I'm going in Monday to pay BBS off. I'll ask if I can get it early, but I actually might be offered if it's the same guy that was working there the time I got Pokemon Soul Silver early :D
I wont be able to play it much Monday because I'll be at GS at night because I'll be in Seattle most the day =\ So I really don't care if I get it early because I'll just pick it up on my way home from school Tuesday if I don't.
Ah! A flaw in my phrasing! Always contradicting myself. Oh well, all in good fun! You were a worthy adversary. D:

jawz

"Everyone is waiting for their Birth by Sleep. Their new beginning, yes even you."

VagueSimplicity

Awards
"Everyone is waiting for their Birth by Sleep. Their new beginning, yes even you."
I couldn't wait, like a little boy who has to go pee and can barely hold it in, but his parents are stuck in traffic on the freeway and the next location with a bathroom is that dirty McDonald's on the next exit 2 miles away.
I'm watching English playthrough on Youtube.

GameGirl709

Awards
I know the guys that work at the local gamestop pretty well. Was thinking about maybe going over on Monday and seeing if I can get it a day early.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
I know the guys that work at the local gamestop pretty well. Was thinking about maybe going over on Monday and seeing if I can get it a day early.

Did you preorder it?

It's illegal for the most part to get something before it's marketed release date, regardless of whether or not you know the people at the store.

yomitchymitch

Did you preorder it?

It's illegal for the most part to get something before it's marketed release date, regardless of whether or not you know the people at the store.

Yes I did pre order it.

Who's gonna press charges? They don't care. As you can see it's already been released. It's worth a shot.

GameGirl709

Awards
Did you preorder it?

Yeah I preordered it at least a few weeks ago. But it was just a thought. Not sure if I will make it over there until Tuesday anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back