• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sig length seems to be getting out of hand?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RueLi

Website
dnangelsora.deviantart.com
I'm just throwing this out there.
But as I scroll through these forums, I'm beginning to get increasingly annoyed by the sheer length of a lot of the signatures here. It's insane that I have to scroll a ways down a page for single posts that merely consist of about one sentence so that I can read the next one.

I don't think that much information should be thrown into a signature because...frankly, it's a SIGNATURE.
It's kind of rude to me that I have to scroll down so much because of an insanely long signature consisting of multiple pictures and links (especially if that person should be really active in a thread and post a fews times).

Now, I do understand that I can turn the sig view off, but it's not like I hate sigs altogether. I like the idea of applying your own identity to your opinions; I'm cool with that.
But, do you think it's possible to set a character length for sigs (or shorter one if there is one already present)?
I think a respectable length can make reading through a forum more pleasant.

Last edited:

Queen of Hearts

People seem to be able to have whatever sized sig they want... I understand what you mean, and at times it gets to me too... but to be honest, if you still want to see sigs I think your going to have to put up with it. Unless something gets done in the mean time.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
The sig limit used to be smaller, I believe, but people complained and now it's larger. Personally, I put very little into my signature so I really don't care. Also, I have them off now since I'm only able to currently use the PSP/PS3 browsers, and signatures literally double the loading time.

I wonder if a line amount/page size/pixels limit could be implemented, so people would't feel the need to have giant text and blank lines.

Queen of Hearts

Yeah maybe. Good point Ragione.
How many people do you think would agree to this though? Everyone has the right to express themselves in sigs. Or show off their skills in that area :D.

I guess making things slightly smaller would be okay.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I do believe Serebii.net Forums have a system like that, where the certain types of members have a set limit of lines of text allowed, including coding etc. But I have to admit not many people have an incredible amount in their sigs, only a few. I mean, perhaps warnings cold be given out, but otherwise, I don't see an incredible problem

Bloodgift

How about it?
Yeah, but the most annoying thing is when people have videos, and my computer freezes and locks me out....the length is a little bit annoying, but compared to the videos/animations in sigs, it's nothing

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
It's not the ones that are that large, although you're getting close. It's the horrid thousand-pixel-long ones that are normally too wide as well that really bother me.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
It's not the ones that are that large, although you're getting close. It's the horrid thousand-pixel-long ones that are normally too wide as well that really bother me.

QFT

If the sig takes up my whole screen (as I've seen with several signatures), it is too long. If there's a way to do it, a line length restriction would be great. Just no clue how you could go about it.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
there should definitly be a cap on the number of characters allowed, nothing is more annoying that three paragraphs of text. keep it short that's what it's called a signature not a letter head.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
there should definitly be a cap on the number of characters allowed, nothing is more annoying that three paragraphs of text. keep it short that's what it's called a signature not a letter head.
No, just limit the size of signature, I don't about you but my sig space may not be that big but it took a lot of coding.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
oh yeah I get what you're saying, mine wouldn't fly either in that case. It would be smarted then to put in place a restriction on the number of lines.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I've set the line limit to 10. We'll see how that works for now.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

I thought there was a cap.

Wasn't it like 500 characters or something?

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
10 lines won't do anything if they have a single large image as that will count as one line.

This means I can potentially put a 2000x4000 image as my sig and I'll still have 9 lines left over.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
This means I can potentially put a 2000x4000 image as my sig and I'll still have 9 lines left over.

my first reaction to that was.."HOLY SHIT!"

hm...10 lines doesnt seem like much..is it a lot or little?

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
See, none of this shit is helping with Dawning Twilight's fucking travesty at the bottom of each post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back