• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sig length seems to be getting out of hand?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
10 lines won't do anything if they have a single large image as that will count as one line.

This means I can potentially put a 2000x4000 image as my sig and I'll still have 9 lines left over.
That's not the issue here. Those are usually removed by a mod. I'm more concerned about limiting stupid shit like "here's a list of pairings I approve of."

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I guess 10 lines are better than 20. I still don't get how people can put so many thigs on their sig. Unless of course it's advertising their personal things like their fan-fics, fanclubs or roleplays.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Oh thank God.
I was tired of seeing long, shitty signatures.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
Can you start putting long signatures in spoiler boxes. The whole 10-line thing is nice and all, but there are ways to bypass that. Users with multiple quotes and sigs take up a lot of space.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
k i am trying to shorten my sig (miss my kirbies :cry:) and i lessened the blank lines but it says i have over 500 characters but in fact i hav less than 200 and a pic!! wth? is the BB code markup?

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
k i am trying to shorten my sig (miss my kirbies :cry:) and i lessened the blank lines but it says i have over 500 characters but in fact i hav less than 200 and a pic!! wth? is the BB code markup?

L2count
First 3 lines consist of 173 characters.

Spic Steve

Awards
bbcode are the things like tags or shit like that.

to get the correct count, go to yuor user cp > Edit Sig> Copy paste all of your sig in the edit box, then count the characters in word or whatever it is you're doing.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
ya but wat is that exactly and how many characters does it take up? with spaces my words take up 232 characters.

it doesn't seem like alot unless you hover over the card in your sig, the image is about 5o charachters of code, plus it's linked to another website, 15-70 more charachters, text below is linked, and the kairi hateclub is linked

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
i did do that tho and it only says 232 characters >_< i dont think i would hav hardly ne BB code characters. only 1 pic and 2 links.

EDIT: jus so you know, my new sig would be 10 lines long and take up no space, so y have the 500 character limit? more of a nuisance than ne thing >_<

Spic Steve

Awards
i did do that tho and it only says 232 characters >_< i dont think i would hav hardly ne BB code characters. only 1 pic and 2 links.

no you didn't.
just pm me your entire sig with bbcode and i'll do it if you want.
1 pic and 2 links is a lot of bbcode.

and because the character limit helps people not use spoiler tags to hide things, or have a lot of bbcode that gets annoying, like quotes.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;&#477;&#633;nl&#305;&#592;&#607;
no you didn't.
just pm me your entire sig with bbcode and i'll do it if you want.
1 pic and 2 links is a lot of bbcode.

and because the character limit helps people not use spoiler tags to hide things, or have a lot of bbcode that gets annoying, like quotes.
another link, the card itself is linked, so 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back