• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Samurai Jack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trag

Bronze Member
For those who don't know, Samurai Jack was a cartoon that Cartoon Network used to run before it started sucking. I've just finished rewatching the series, and I highly recommend downloading it. The way that robots are killed mirror the way a human would be disembodied, it's grotesque and amazing how they mask it. Anyways, get this by any means possible. It's an epic tale. It alludes from so many different mythologies. Watch it not just for nostalgic value, I mean this shit is really sick.

Here's the wiki link if you've been living under a rock: Samurai Jack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Samurai Jack is and will always be awesome. I could watch it all day.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
This and Megas XLR were pretty much the only things on Carton Network of unquestionable quality.

I wish they got to properly finish it.

For The King

Next to Avatar this is my favorite animated show, back when it first aired it was my favorite show. I really hope the film is good, heads will roll if it isn't.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
∞;5162082 said:
This and Megas XLR were pretty much the only things on Carton Network of unquestionable quality.

I wish they got to properly finish it.

Agree so very much. They've been messing around with a movie to finish the storyline, but it's taking ages.
And Megas, that just needs to come back. I really miss it. 2 seasons is a fucking joke.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I'm so excited for the movie. It's being directed by Genndy Tartakovsky himself, and co-produced by J. J. Abrams. And they are making it a mix between 2D and "3D stereophonics".
Hopefully Phil Lamar will reprise his role as Jack, but sadly we won't have Mako's awesome voice for Aku.

State

Awards
Love how every time Jack was close to defeating Aku, he'd just be jinxed or plays hero. Aku is my favorite character. :]

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really wish I was able to watch all of this series as a kid. I missed a lot of episodes for whatever reason and I hate myself for it. I loved this show and I still do.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
The movie is going be crazy, especially since it's being made with Bad Robot Productions.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I loved this back then and I still do. I'm upset that they never finished it. I actually thought that it ended and I missed it. Well anyways, time to look at the wiki! :D

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
JJ ABRAMS!!!!!!...well at least i know to expect some sci-fi twist....Well Samurai jack was already kind of Sci-fi so i guess i wont be too mad
Don't worry it won't have too much science ffiction in it. Don't forget that J.J. Abrams created Alias and has another spy show coming on too. Plus Jack was sent to a future filled with aliens and robots in the first episode any way, so it wouldn't be that much of a twist.

I loved this back then and I still do. I'm upset that they never finished it. I actually thought that it ended and I missed it. Well anyways, time to look at the wiki! :D
I think they're ending it with the movie, or so I've heard.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I wish I could have seen more of this series, but the time slot tended to conflict with other responsibilities :(

Oh well, at least I watched all of Megas :)

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Well if you have Boomerang they show it on there. I think it comes on at 11(est)??

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
This show was great. I just wished they made a movie where Jack finished off Aku for good. Every time he beats him in the show, he comes back in another episode!

Athel

Machinist
Gennedy Tartakovsky was one of the best people working for Cartoon Network back in the day. Samurai Jack is some of his best work, and undoubtedly one of the best things to come from Cartoon Network itself. I can't really think of any show that impacted me in the same way that Samurai Jack did. There was no other show that I kept track of so fervently, that I knew every episode by the number alone. I love that show and always will.

But it never received a real conclusion, and I will never forgive that. Hopefully the (rumored) movie that it being produced by J.J. Abrams Bad Robot Productions will be able to give me the amazing finale I've always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back