• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roy E. Disney has passed away at the age of 79 today

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

disneyboy20022

http://hometownstation.com/index.ph...009-12-16-11-38&catid=26:local-news&Itemid=97

and also if you heard the CBS on the radio news you might have heard someone being interviewed about their make a wish trip to meet Roy E. Disney...well that was me....this is a very hard thing to go threw and possibly the first celebrity death that I feel crushed about just because I met him I have his autograph and we talked for 45 minutes in his Walt's old office with his desk and I saw the Disney Vault....so a lot of emotions are coming through me right now.....

Make-A-Wish Foundation : Wish Stories : Fantasy & Theme Park : Disney

that's the same story you will see in my updated signature....idk...when I first heard the knews I felt someone was playing a very rude practical joke or like this isn't real its a dream its a horrible dream...and i don't think i've ever been as emotional as this over a celebrity passing away....he honestly was a terrefic guy and like in Aladdin he was a diamond in the rough....

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
No. Fucking. Way.

Well he was old but, oh man.
This guy was all that was left at Disney that still held its charm, its innocence, its essence, its flavor.

Disney will never be the same.....in with the tweeny bop sex scandals and terrible sitcoms, and out with the charming cartoons that warmed our hearts.

I saw the Disney Vault
Wait that's not a figurative object?
It's a real thing? HOLY SHIT what is inside it?

EDIT: Oh, the originals of Disney movies.

I'm sorry for your loss, man. Technically it's all our losses, but you're so lucky to have met him. I always wanted to meet him one day.

Roy Disney R.I.P. <33

Last edited:

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Does this mean we're going to get more junk like Hannah Montana or Wizards on Waverly Place? :/

I miss old animated Disney stuff.

Firo

Oh Crap
This is a big bummer.
Like Dogen said he brought a renaissance.
Hopefully Disney won't change to what Lonbilly said,
I don't think it will, at least not for awhile.

R.I.P Roy.

disneyboy20022

No. Fucking. Way.

Well he was old but, oh man.
This guy was all that was left at Disney that still held its charm, its innocence, its essence, its flavor.

Disney will never be the same.....in with the tweeny bop sex scandals and terrible sitcoms, and out with the charming cartoons that warmed our hearts.

Wait that's not a figurative object?
It's a real thing? HOLY SHIT what is inside it?

EDIT: Oh, the originals of Disney movies.

I'm sorry for your loss, man. Technically it's all our losses, but you're so lucky to have met him. I always wanted to meet him one day.

Roy Disney R.I.P. <33

Yeah...its a real thing but its some of of vault was made during world war II and the old filims had a component of TNT so they built it with window in the back because just in case of an earthquake the whole place wouldn't get destroyed and it kept the weather on the filims down from just popping like popcorn...they said how sometimes a celebrity will want to see a Disney Fim and they will send it to them on the reel obviously with secure secure rights...no I don't think it's like going to the people of Meet the Kardashians or anything...but they showed me the reel that said Snow White on it.....so that was cool....I even got to hold an Acadamy Award that Walt won for the silly symphony of The Old Mill cartoon...in the Disney Library and they really are heavy....how Reese Witherspoon or any scrawny looking person holds those I might never know.....

This obviously as you mentioned is very hared on me espically since I got that experience that I bet didn't get to do anything like that....and when I was on the Radio earlier yesterday they asked like why I chose to meet Roy because a lot of the wishes are like I wish to meet Mickey Mouse or Tigger....and I answered well they said to have some back ups....I did't mention though about Bob Barker being one of the back ups but make a wish told us he didn't do make a wish...only stuff with animal rights or the Kitty and Doggie club of america and the other back up was Ty Warner, Founder of Ty inc and Beanie Babies.....which Im glad I chose to meet Roy and I don't regret any of it....I do wanna help though to keep his legacy and some ideas that he had for the Company alive such as release Song of the South to DVD and getting Destino available which was a bunch of shorts that Walt Disney did with Salvador Dhalli....

Choc

I saw his name on Yahoo's most popular searches and just thought "Oh no..." and sure enough saw the arcticles and went "Noooo!" And only one day and 43 years after his uncle.

May he completely rest in peace with his uncle. He truly carried his name well.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh shit. There goes the magic of disney.....
R.I.P Both Disneys.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yeah, I heard this last night. Very tragic. Walt and Roy were both geniuses. The world will never be the same.
R.I.P. Disney

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Wow I'm sadden by this news as well. Roy E. Disney was one of my favorite guys in the Disney industry. R.I.P. to him and his uncle Walt. :( I wonder if Disney will ever be the same after this.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
ummm not to be disrectful but this is what they said when walt died

And that's exactly what happened. Disney as a company struggled for years, and almost fell through, until Roy stepped in and produced some big hits.

Unfortunately, I don't see one of Roy's children or anything stepping up to slap Disney on the wrists for becoming a tweeny-bop festering wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back