• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Screenshot from Magic Monaco 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtime

I dunno if 0.2 is anything to go by, as well as Nomura's statement "you can trigger those transformations by fulfilling the right conditions" I don't think we're getting menus for the keyblade transformations. We will probably fulfill the transformations requirements and then above the menu a situation command appears to activate the transformation. Just like how Aqua can trigger two different styles (wayfinder and spellweaver) but can't select them from a menu she can just choose to activate them when the right conditions were fulfilled.

Base Sora will probably have access to all transformations of an available keyblade making him the most versatile, able to switch between them like you can jump from spellweaver to wayfinder for example. While going into a drive form will auto transform your keyblade into the appropriate transformation and lock it into that form until the drive form is exited. So base Sora can trigger the shield or the chariot, Guard form can only use the shield, and Power form can only use the chariot.

At least that's how I believe is the most likely way for it to work. It also fits what we saw with the star keyblade as it to had two transformations. One into a set of dual guns which fires lots of little shots everywhere and keeps Sora purely ranged. While the other is a single large gun which Sora swings around like lance, catching enemies then releasing a single powerful shot on the captured enemies at point blank range. They also had some kind reticle modes the dual one is like being on a machine gun turret and the single one is just one big powerful focused shot. I could realistically see how one of these is for a guard form, as being purely ranged and firing everywhere would indeed keep Sora out of harm's way. While the the other one which is melee based + single very concentrated shots is for power form.

It also could be possible to jump from one drive form to another, probably from the Guard Form to the Power Form. If we have in mind that in the first trailer of 2015. Sora goes from the Guard Form to Power Form, along with the prototy footage shown exclusitively in the KH2.5 event.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
since the 15 anniversary come up in march and we know we getting a lot of stuff in march like the hd collection, the start of the concerts, ux possible multi starts in march, god know what kh goodies is annouce in march but if do get kh3 for the 15 anniversary news or stuff plus they said we going info before winter ends do you think it is two news worlds are annouce with some old worlds with a trailer to got along with it?

Muke

whatever
Awards
since the 15 anniversary come up in march and we know we getting a lot of stuff in march like the hd collection, the start of the concerts, ux possible multi starts in march, god know what kh goodies is annouce in march but if do get kh3 for the 15 anniversary news or stuff plus they said we going info before winter ends do you think it is two news worlds are annouce with some old worlds with a trailer to got along with it?
maybe we'll get another pin
I'unno, it's certainly possible we'll get a trailer with a new world reveal, though I'd prefer a story trailer to be honest.
We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm sure they have some big news for us regarding KH3 - and if not, oh well.

hlc1988

Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 Screenshot from Magic 2017

They are still only showing Olympus - which is the first world as far as we know. Does that means development is still nowhere far enough to show more or are they just holding back for the next footage?

I doubt it. It's probably because they have yet to confirm any more worlds apart from the 3 we know about. Olympus is probably already finished which is why they can probably show it off so much. I expect we will see a lot more worlds in the coming months.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm glad they're not showing too many worlds, I want to see gameplay stuff, but not so much plot or environment related stuff. It didn't bother me much, but there weren't many areas in 0.2 that we didn't already see in trailers and screenshots. Of course it was a really short game but still, I hope they don't spoil too much.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Hmm..Maybe with the summons, we may summon some dream eaters (I may have to get back to DDD HD in case they draw from that) but what if Sora's actually drawing on the links within his heart to call certain..people? With or without some kinda talisman? That would allow the usual Disney summons, I think.

Echoecho6

Awards
Oh god, I hope the dream eaters aren't the new summons! Nomura did say they would work differently this time around, but I still assumed they would be Disney characters.

This screenshot looks awesome, I am looking forward to exploring that world. You guys keep assuming that Sora is fighting the boss alone, but it is very possible that these drive forms take away your party members when you activate them..

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
The name "Link" kind of reminds me of "D-Links" from BBS but maybe this time it's like a combination of summons and finishers.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's good because now I'll feel good about changing my Keyblade to one that is weaker just for the unique transformation/s and whatnot (depending if it's a good transformation).

Hirokey123

Awards
I really hope we get a whip transformation, that's like one of the most iconic transformations we've never got to use and we've see two masters use the whip.

Hirokey123

Awards
So here is a question are we going to see the Coliseum? I find it kinda odd that if we were it wasn't one of the locations they showed off first. I mean it wouldn't be the first time the crew tried to land in the Coliseum and instead landed somewhere completely different, in fact landing in say thebes or the mountain the Coliseum is on probably makes more sense than...overshooting and landing in the Underworld. I mean I'd be perfectly fine with never seeing that Coliseum ever again but I suppose now that I think about it, it might be being kept hidden because it's totally brand new what with its last state of it being totally destroyed.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
there's pretty much no way the coliseum won't be included imo. the whole gameplay aspect of the coliseum and the cups and all that is definitely something they'd want for kh3.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It doesn't have to held at the coliseum though,KH2 already showed that with the cups all being held in the underworld.

They can easily have cup tournaments held at Thebes or Olympus if they wanted too,rather they do honestly because i'm tired of fighting there.

meep2meep

Awards
Dunno if this has been brought up yet but I have an interesting theory/ question.

Will Sora begin the game with access to his drive forms from previous games?

So far we haven't seen anything about previous drive forms but we do know the ability to use drive forms is 100% confirmed duh...
So as we can see in the screen shot Donald and goof aren't in the hud (assuming it takes both members to activate guard form or maybe just goof but who knows).
We also know that Olympus is the first "world" in kh3 and he's already shown using 2 drive forms in screen shots from this world.
Side note I really like that sora's icon in the hud changes while in drive from still (look at the color of his hood in the img).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back