• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Screenshot from Magic Monaco 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dunno if this has been brought up yet but I have an interesting theory/ question.

Will Sora begin the game with access to his drive forms from previous games?

So far we haven't seen anything about previous drive forms but we do know the ability to use drive forms is 100% confirmed duh...
So as we can see in the screen shot Donald and goof aren't in the hud (assuming it takes both members to activate guard form or maybe just goof but who knows).
We also know that Olympus is the first "world" in kh3 and he's already shown using 2 drive forms in screen shots from this world.
Side note I really like that sora's icon in the hud changes while in drive from still (look at the color of his hood in the img).

I'm pretty convinced these Drive forms are meant to replace the ones in KH2. Sora is on a quest to regain his full power since he lost quite a bit of it thanks to Xehanort's meddling in KH3D.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
He's definitely going to start from scratch. My question is, why are there some KH fans who get mad about that. I've seen a few videos and posts about who disgruntled they are having to start from lvl 1. What game don't you start at lvl 1 except 0.2?? Where is this disgruntlement coming from?

Infamita

I'm pretty convinced these Drive forms are meant to replace the ones in KH2. Sora is on a quest to regain his full power since he lost quite a bit of it thanks to Xehanort's meddling in KH3D.

And I'm sure there'll be some plot explanation as to why Sora can no longer wield 2 keyblades. Although I'm upset to see the KH2 forms go, these single-weapon forms indicate that Sora is relinquishing Ven's power and that we may see him return sooner than we think.

maxtime

He's definitely going to start from scratch. My question is, why are there some KH fans who get mad about that. I've seen a few videos and posts about who disgruntled they are having to start from lvl 1. What game don't you start at lvl 1 except 0.2?? Where is this disgruntlement coming from?

As someone who is against Sora going back to level 1. I'm against it, because it feels like all the effort of the past games doesn't matter. I was okay with KH2, and DDD because those feel like good reasons. But this one for KH3, especially after 0.2 showing that, they can do instead of just upper growth, they can do upper and left growth, it feels unnecessarry and just for the need of making Sora level 1 because of traditions, not because it was necessary, i mean, im okay with Sora having to finish learning the power that, he was suppose to get in the mark of mastery exam, but making level 1, especially after what, i explained above, it feels like just doing it, for the sake of doing it, not because it was necessary.

KH2Rulz

Awards
It doesn't have to held at the coliseum though,KH2 already showed that with the cups all being held in the underworld.

They can easily have cup tournaments held at Thebes or Olympus if they wanted too,rather they do honestly because i'm tired of fighting there.
Maybe we'll have the tournaments at Olympus.

I guess it'd be the actual 'Olympus' Olympus Coliseum :p

maxtime

And I'm sure there'll be some plot explanation as to why Sora can no longer wield 2 keyblades. Although I'm upset to see the KH2 forms go, these single-weapon forms indicate that Sora is relinquishing Ven's power and that we may see him return sooner than we think.

Look at one of the last interview of BbS, there it's explain why Sora can dual wield, and there you will have your answer for why using this instead of dual wield.

meep2meep

Awards

Yeah I have no idea what they're complaining about. It's explained in every single kh game why sora goes back to lvl 1... in Com namine takes his memory, in 2 he was sleeping for a year and had his memories messed with, in coded he was blank data and in ddd he was in a "dream".

Also in the original bbs aqua keeps her level from the main campaign in both fragmentary passage and true ending.

Damn im really going to miss master, final and limit form (limit for the most).
I thought the drive forms were a result of his clothing growing and not a result of his abilities. I know eventually he will get his kh3 outfit and that will enable him to use his new drives bUT we've seen his kh2 outfit in trailers so up until that point his old drives should still be usable. Also I find it strange that in all screen shots there's no indication of how to activate drive forms... we see the focus gauge for shot lock but no drive bar or gauge...

Last edited by a moderator:

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 Screenshot from Magic 2017

In my limited understanding of Japanese, plurals are... strange or not a thing? For example, they don't say "mangas". It's just manga. And various other examples I'm sure people can come up with.

I may be talking out of by butthole or I read something wrong in my on and off studies, but "Command" seems appropriate for Japanese, while "Commands" makes more sense in English.

There is generally no need for plural in Japanese but borrowed foreign words in katakana still adhere to the original pronunciations. For example, "Memories" in "Chain of Memories" is dubbed "メモリーズ" (Memorīzu). That said, though, I don't think this has to do with whether "Command" should be in plural in the Japanese versions since it's not written in katakana. It's written in English.

maxtime

For everyone saying "The clothes allow Sora to dual wield"; or "why he doesn't dual wield?"
Here is your answer:

"Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade."

Source: BBS Ultimania - 20 Mysteries Solved! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

There do your research before being annoying.

Infamita

I already knew why Sora could dual-wield, but Roxas dual-wielding because of his refusal to forget Xion, and not because of Ven, is news to me. That's actually really cool, cheers mate :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hoping we get to see the footage that this screenshot is taken from some time in March as an anniversary celebration :D

Infamita

I'm honestly desperate for a trailer. These screenshots are leaving me dying of thirst.

maxtime

I already knew why Sora could dual-wield, but Roxas dual-wielding because of his refusal to forget Xion, and not because of Ven, is news to me. That's actually really cool, cheers mate :)

You miss read what it's said here, he can dual-wield because of Ventus, he gives Sora and Roxas the ability. But the ability is awaken from his desire to not forget Xion. You can said that both of then allow for Roxas to dual wield.

Infamita

Oh ok so it was a combination of both. That's even cooler I guess :p

Precursor Mar

Sora could dual wield in KH2 because Nomura thought it was cool. Nothing more to it.

The Ventus thing was just some bullshit he came up with after the fact.

Infamita

That too. It just feels nice to have some form of explanation, even though we all know it's bullshit :')

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Yeah I have no idea what they're complaining about. It's explained in every single kh game why sora goes back to lvl 1... in Com namine takes his memory, in 2 he was sleeping for a year and had his memories messed with, in coded he was blank data and in ddd he was in a "dream".

Also in the original bbs aqua keeps her level from the main campaign in both fragmentary passage and true ending.

Damn im really going to miss master, final and limit form (limit for the most).
I thought the drive forms were a result of his clothing growing and not a result of his abilities. I know eventually he will get his kh3 outfit and that will enable him to use his new drives bUT we've seen his kh2 outfit in trailers so up until that point his old drives should still be usable. Also I find it strange that in all screen shots there's no indication of how to activate drive forms... we see the focus gauge for shot lock but no drive bar or gauge...

While his reason for being able to dual wield is Vens heart and Roxas awakening that power in him by joining with Sora again, it is also explained that the clothes allow him to access this ability. So yes, he has the ability due to Ven, but he can't access it without the help of the clothes. So in theory, he should still be able to use the original drive forms in the beginning.

meep2meep

Awards
While his reason for being able to dual wield is Vens heart and Roxas awakening that power in him by joining with Sora again, it is also explained that the clothes allow him to access this ability. So yes, he has the ability due to Ven, but he can't access it without the help of the clothes. So in theory, he should still be able to use the original drive forms in the beginning.

The only drive from that genuinely requires the use of 2 keyblades is final as whats the point of 1 magic floating keyblades. Both wisdom and limit only had 1 keyblade... also back to my original post in this thread. IF HE'S USING DRIVE FORMS IN WORLD 1 OF KH3 WHERE ARE HIS OLD ONES. HE SHOULD STILL HAVE VENS HEART AT THIS POINT!!! Sry I feel like that was just overlooked. Fine if the new forms replace old ones great but he hasn't lost the ability to duel wield yet to our knwlg.
And honestly what's stopping Nomura from just saying well riku or another weilder is in your party so when you activate a duel wield drive from sora is just "borrowing" their keyblades and fusing with them or something...
Actually I had a theory back in the epic year of 2004 that for sora to use master and final forms, sora would need to have riku and/or Roxas in his party (Roxas for master and riku for final). This was also before anyone on the Internet know what a nobody was and who the mysterious bhk was and why he had the ability to duel wield oblivion and oathkeeper (yes I now know why but in 2004 I didn't... no one did not even nomura)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back