• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Screenshot from Magic Monaco 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
savepoints in this series will now read BONFIRE LIT

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 Screenshot from Magic 2017

Don't forget that Nomura got a lot of free clothes from ROEN when they designed stuff for Versus XIII. I wouldn't be surprised if that really was the suit, tailored to fit Nomura. He still wears his ROEN sweaters from time to time.

Funny enough, his hair is even like older!Noctis which opens a can of a million worms.

I want fancy ROEN clothes for free too. :( Like I have loved the style of that suit since the day I first saw it.

savepoints in this series will now read BONFIRE LIT

Speaking about savepoints, I guess the teleport mechanic from 0.2 will be in KHIII? The areas will be probably be so massive, that there needs to be some sort of fast-travel mechanic to travel between past locations fast without having to go back by foot since it would take too long.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Looks nice. I'm guessing that this will be Olympus Coliseum's last appearance in the series so hopefully the world goes out with a bang. It deserves it after being in 7 games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Keyblade Transformations are linked to Drive Forms wtf?

They will vary depending on what form you are in, yes. It is likely a way to make transformations easier for the user to trigger. Rather than having to dig through a menu or shortcuts to trigger a transformation on top of having drive forms (and just being overpowered af), having drive forms serve as the trigger for a set of transformations.

Ideally, that should mean that we can change forms at will without having to revert back and choose a new form, and switch between transformations instantaneously.

Precursor Mar

One down, three to go.

dmc3style.jpg

Hirokey123

Awards
I dunno if 0.2 is anything to go by, as well as Nomura's statement "you can trigger those transformations by fulfilling the right conditions" I don't think we're getting menus for the keyblade transformations. We will probably fulfill the transformations requirements and then above the menu a situation command appears to activate the transformation. Just like how Aqua can trigger two different styles (wayfinder and spellweaver) but can't select them from a menu she can just choose to activate them when the right conditions were fulfilled.

Base Sora will probably have access to all transformations of an available keyblade making him the most versatile, able to switch between them like you can jump from spellweaver to wayfinder for example. While going into a drive form will auto transform your keyblade into the appropriate transformation and lock it into that form until the drive form is exited. So base Sora can trigger the shield or the chariot, Guard form can only use the shield, and Power form can only use the chariot.

At least that's how I believe is the most likely way for it to work. It also fits what we saw with the star keyblade as it to had two transformations. One into a set of dual guns which fires lots of little shots everywhere and keeps Sora purely ranged. While the other is a single large gun which Sora swings around like lance, catching enemies then releasing a single powerful shot on the captured enemies at point blank range. They also had some kind reticle modes the dual one is like being on a machine gun turret and the single one is just one big powerful focused shot. I could realistically see how one of these is for a guard form, as being purely ranged and firing everywhere would indeed keep Sora out of harm's way. While the the other one which is melee based + single very concentrated shots is for power form.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think 'normal' Sora using transformations was just a 'we haven't finished the drive forms yet' type of situation

Hirokey123

Awards
Here is the thing I just can't imagine that the case mostly because that would mean you can't use drive forms without certain keyblades equipped. I don't think they would forcibly limit us like that and there would need to be a TON of drive forms to work with this because even if there are 7 worlds, that's 7 keyblades, and assuming the pattern of each keyblade having at least 2 transformations means that's 14 drive forms that would need to exist.

What's more realistic 14 drive forms or 14 different weapons?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Woot Thebes!

Going all out for this world,all that's left is the underworld but i'm not sure if it's needed this time when the world is already this big.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Here is the thing I just can't imagine that the case mostly because that would mean you can't use drive forms without certain keyblades equipped. I don't think they would forcibly limit us like that and there would need to be a TON of drive forms to work with this because even if there are 7 worlds, that's 7 keyblades, and assuming the pattern of each keyblade having at least 2 transformations means that's 14 drive forms that would need to exist.

I think it's more likely you can equip Keyblades to drive forms and the Keyblade will take a shape appropriate to the form - or that the keychains are already divided into certain categories, like offensive or defensive, and thus can only be equipped in certain forms.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Kingdom Hearts has never looked so good, and I am happy.

This reminds me a bit of the Titan fight from XV, actually, with all the rocks in the area. And that's nice, because cliff-y looking areas are probably some of my favorite things.

Also, I'm on board with your theory about how everything works here, Hirokey. And it sounds really good to me! Here's hoping you're right! And about the Summons thing:)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

The Keyblade in Sora's hand in this screenshot is a shield in Guard Form, and a Chariot in Power Form. I think there will be 3 or 4 Drive Forms that react to Keyblades in certain ways-- Guard Form generally gives shields, Power Form giving generally unique physical attacks, a third unnamed form that is projectile focused, and maybe a fourth that does something else (but we haven't seen anything that would imply this, I'm just speculating)

They don't need to make different drive forms for each Keyblade-- just a general shield/defense moveset, a general projectile system and animation set-- the only thing that may be complicated is Power Form, obviously not every Key can turn into a chariot, so maybe Power Form comes equipped with a few Limitesque attacks for each Key you use with it.

Awards
*Wakes up to check on khinsider*

*Sees titles*

*Tries to hold down squeal*

*Press on article*

*UNHOLY SCREAM OF EXCITEMENT*

Hirokey123

Awards
I don't think guard form will use shields just weapons that keep Sora protected. So those long range dual guns that fire shots everywhere and keep Sora strictly attacking from a distance is the form that guard form can use, with it's big single shot melee gun for power form. So something like...

Guard: Dual Guns, shield, ????
Power: Single gun lance, chariot, Hammer

But I absolutely still don't believe base Sora will be locked out of these transformations, it just makes more sense that these forms lock you into one transformation that offers a very specialized playstyle. While base Sora can fulfill the right conditions to activate any transformation of that key. But they will act more like modifiers to his combos being something akin to style changes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think guard form will use shields just weapons that keep Sora protected. So those long range dual guns that fire shots everywhere and keep Sora strictly attacking from a distance is the form that guard form can use, with it's big single shot melee gun for power form. So something like...

Guard: Dual Guns, shield, ????
Power: Single gun lance, chariot, Hammer

But I absolutely still don't believe base Sora will be locked out of these transformations, it just makes more sense that these forms lock you into one transformation that offers a very specialized playstyle. While base Sora can fulfill the right conditions to activate any transformation of that key. But they will act more like modifiers to his combos being something akin to style changes.

I think I've lost you. At this point you are saying what we are all saying, but with a more convoluted way of saying it and it is confusing.

Each Drive form would have a transformation style. Guard would trigger defensive keyblade transformations of any Keyblade, Power would instigate strength-based transformations. Base form would be varied and offer its own benefits. By switching Drive forms, this would in turn serve as the trigger for a unique transformations based on the given drive's specialty.

There is no way ALL transformations could be available in Sora's base form. That would add too much variety to his base form and likely unbalance the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back