• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Trailer: Introducing the Magic!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We've still got two months to go before Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix releases in western territories, so what better to keep the excitement up than with a brand new trailer?

In this new trailer, Square Enix attempts to both summarize the story told so far in Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and to prepare everyone for the next titles in the series bound for an HD remaster.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX releases December 2nd in North America and December 5th in Europe and PAL regions. Although it released in Japan last week, it seems that the disc contains English voice acting and text.

We've taken the liberty to record all the new Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix scenes with English voice acting, which you can check out here. For all the videos we've recorded, they're available on our YouTube channel for your viewing pleasure.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

Source: Playstation Blog

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Ah, this video brings back a lot of nostalgia. I can't wait until I get my hands on it!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
New traileeeeer....*drools*
It's always so jarring when I hear Billy Zane instead of Richard Epcar. XD

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
That excitement is really excruciating...

[video=youtube;rEy9B98HC4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEy9B98HC4I[/video]

saintsghost

That was pretty freaking epic. I really hope they announce, maybe at New York Comic Con, a collectors edition. I really really want one like the Japanese version with the music and the Sora figure. Square Enix can be such ass hats when it comes to fairness between it's foreign fans. Heck they seen to hate North America, cause while Europe has several items for purchase on it's website for the series we only have two figures. No plushies, keychains, formation arts, we only have 2 play arts. Plus Japan has a giant ton of more merchandise than any one. Why do they have to play favorites, I get it's their home country, but if some kind of nationalism is preventing fairness amongst fans, it just feels wrong and unfair how they treat their foreign fans.

Sdog

Awards
One of these days, one of these trailers will have a PS4 logo at the end... I'll cry at the beauty till then ;-;

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was kind of disappointed to see that the trailer is mostly of 1.5. The first remaster didn't come out that long ago; we don't need a ton of footage from it in every 2.5 trailer lol

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Was kind of disappointed to see that the trailer is mostly of 1.5. The first remaster didn't come out that long ago; we don't need a ton of footage from it in every 2.5 trailer lol

Agreed. There really wasn't much in regards to II.5, but then again this may be due to the fact that we got that one trailer that showed off nothing but the Final Mix exclusives and scenes from all three games a little while ago.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't want to be that guy but this trailer was pretty pathetic. They're trying to sell 2.5 so having most of it be about 1.5 was kind of "wtf are you doing square" to me. Also most of the dialogue was waaaay too rushed. None of it landed or made an impact on me. There were too many quick cuts which, if they got rid of the 1.5 promotion, would have allowed more breathing space for those scenes.

After the last one, this is really disappointing, especially since they had over 3 weeks to work on this and making a trailer isn't hard. And since this is for Comic Con, this isn't that good of a promotion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to agree about it being a pretty blah trailer. I think what I disliked most about it besides all of the 1.5 emphasis was the fact that they were promoting this trailer as a "recap" of events before 2.5 but...if I hadn't been following the series for so long, I'd be absolutely confused by the trailer. It was disjointed and out of order.

The production values were great, though. Considering how many people do enjoy it, they must have did something right that clicked with the audience.

I guess I'm just more in tune with how SEJ promotes KH versus how SENA/SEEU approaches it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I guess I'm just more in tune with how SEJ promotes KH versus how SENA/SEEU approaches it.

It's pretty much common knowledge by this point that SEJ is superior to Western SE in every possible way. Neither is perfect, but I feel like SENA/SEEU deliberately try to do dumb things and alienate fans with some of the decisions they make.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
For the promotion of 2.5, I don't know if the trailer fulfilled it's purpose, but I loved it! This is one of the more labored over teasers, and I think's pretty glorious. *u*

Still got my blood pumping!

SoraForeverKH

Wow! I absolutely loved this trailer!
I really liked how they put scenes from all the games together.
It was almost like viewing a movie trailer. It was even dramatic, especially whenever Yen Sid spoke.
I love how high Sora was able to jump over the Darkside Heartless boss from Re:coded! That looked sweet!
I can't wait to see more of the battling scenes!
The way it ended with Master Xehanort and the Sora, Donald and Goofy taking on 1,000 Heartless was so cool!

Noel

Awards
Many things went on through my head during the trailer. How Cookie Cutter and played out it is, but thankfully they didn't use the bug eye multi screen thing for once. Then how I'm starting to realize I just want Kingdom Hearts 3 to be released already. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for all the HD remakes they made for us, but the trailers "Magic" wasn't all there unlike the KH3 Teaser.

Okay being serious though. Dat High Definition Black Santa Sora though <333

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back