• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Roxas/Axel/Xion Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I'm pretty sure this is the first theory thread I've ever started, and it figures it would be something about 352/Days.

This idea started when I was thinking about a particular scene in the trailer at TGS '08:

The World That Never Was, in the castle.
Saix orders something to Axel.

Saix: "Your worthless friendship or the extinction of Roxas."
Saix: "Which is more important to you?"

Axel looks ticked off.

Something about it just bugged me. It has this feeling of "been there, done that", especially after the extra scene in Final Mix+ when Axel gets upset over the order to kill Roxas if he doesn't come back. And Xaldin says, "It's an order. Why are you hesitating? Aren't you the one who dealt swift merciless judgement on those who turned their backs on the Organization?" It's like they expect him to do it without complaining. But if he's already been through this scenario with Saix, why should any of them be surprised?

So then I started thinking, what if Saix isn't really talking about Axel's friendship with Roxas? What if he's talking about Xion?

First of all, I now believe that Xion was more Roxas' friend than Axel's. So how does that apply to Saix' threat?

We know that Xion is supposed to influence Roxas' eventual decision to leave the Organization, but that will probably happen over a period of time. If that's the case, the change won't go unnoticed by people like Axel, who hangs out with Roxas every day. I think the other members will eventually start to notice it too, and Xemnas and Saix come to the conclusion that Xion's attitude is changing Roxas, and they need to put a stop to it. She's probably already gotten on their bad side with all her apparent escape attempts. So, because Axel is Roxas' best friend/mentor, and Saix sees them together often, he decides to give Axel the task of fixing this problem, possibly by punishing Xion.

Now, I think Axel would secretly agree with everything Saix is saying, but he also knows that Xion is a close friend to Roxas. No matter what he might think about her, he wouldn't want to hurt Roxas by hurting Xion, so he shows some reluctance to punishing her. Saix knows the three of them hang out together occasionally, so he misinterprets Axel's hesitance as affection for Xion. So in that quote, what he really might be saying is, "Look, I don't care how you feel about Xion. If you don't put a stop to this, Roxas will leave with her and you'll have to kill him too. Which is more important?"

This all ties in with another scene we saw in the trailer, the big face-off between Axel and Xion. Remember how we found out that in the translation for: "No matter how many times you escape, I will bring you back!", the "you" was supposed to be plural? When asked about it, Nomura said:

Nomura: That's still a secret as well. But Axel's determination here of "bring you back no matter how many times it takes" is connected to when he said he would bring Roxas back in Kingdom Hearts II.

Maybe Axel's warning Xion that, should she try to escape, and take Roxas along for the ride, he'll bring them back. That would certainly connect to the situation with Roxas in KH2, and explain why the "you" is plural when he's only talking to one person.

What do you guys think?

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
I think I love you. I always thought he meant Roxas, but looking at the grammatical structure, we have a choice between "worthless friendship" and "extinction of Roxas." Well, if it's Roxas's friendship and you take him out of the equation, it's not a choice anymore--you lose both. It's got to be another person, unless Saix is saying "stop being friends with Roxas or we'll kill him," and since that didn't seem to happen, it's gotta be Xion.

Everybody's saying that Xion is friends with Axel through Roxas, just like Kairi is friends with Riku through Sora (and so Aqua MUST be friends with Terra through Ven), but I think only time will tell.

$P!K3Y_613

Well I kinda agree with this but you mentioned a lot of stuff about feelings and we all know that nobodys can't feel. But than again AXel did tell Sora that when hes with RoXas and him (Sora) that it makes him feel like he has a heart agian and I forget who said it but they said they remember wat it feels like to have a heart so IDK:confused:

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Well I kinda agree with this but you mentioned a lot of stuff about feelings and we all know that nobodys can't feel. But than again AXel did tell Sora that when hes with RoXas and him (Sora) that it makes him feel like he has a heart agian and I forget who said it but they said they remember wat it feels like to have a heart so IDK:confused:

They still kind of act like they do, and apparently they have things that are important to them nonetheless. Whether Axel had feelings for him or not, Roxas was essential to him, so his actions are going to reflect that.

By the way, your sig is awesome and I could seriously watch it ALL DAY.

Sexy Angel
Lol? Let's use sentence structure here. Roxas is the direct object. Xion isn't even mentioned.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
If that were the case, he'd let Xion get punished. Roxas is the only one Axel liked.
gay.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Lol? Let's use sentence structure here. Roxas is the direct object. Xion isn't even mentioned.

LOL OKAY!

idiot. he/she is FREAKING USING SENTENCE STRUCTURE!
why would Saix say "stop being lame friends with Roxas or Roxas' death?" i mean its pretty much what it says if you think about it the way you say that 'wothless friendship' means Roxas.
Theres obviously another person involved. which is most likely xion since who else is very good good friends with Axel? and no, Demyx does not count. i wish it did but its not canon that they are even friends. hecks they dont even say a word in the whole series. its most likely xion. "stop being friends with xion or we kill roxas" or "xion and your's friendship or Roxas' death." it makes more sence now.[my grammar sucks but u guys know what i mean >P] Roxas and Xion are both Axel's friends so it makes more sense. it explains why hes 'ticked off' because there is no good answer. no matter what he choses it ends up losing a friend. and i bet you all know he choses Roxas most likely or secretly finds a way to help xion because they are still friends later on. well except when roxas loses his memories in kh2 ect.

Qarx

This sounds good to me. *nods*

Karate, you amaze me lol.
Roxas was the only one he liked, but if you read the whole thing again, you'd see he said Axel didn't want to upset Roxas (despite not having a heart) and hurt Xion.

Sexy Angel
LOL OKAY!

idiot. he/she is FREAKING USING SENTENCE STRUCTURE!
why would Saix say "stop being lame friends with Roxas or Roxas' death?" i mean its pretty much what it says if you think about it the way you say that 'wothless friendship' means Roxas.
Theres obviously another person involved. which is most likely xion since who else is very good good friends with Axel? and no, Demyx does not count. i wish it did but its not canon that they are even friends. hecks they dont even say a word in the whole series. its most likely xion. "stop being friends with xion or we kill roxas" or "xion and your's friendship or Roxas' death." it makes more sence now.[my grammar sucks but u guys know what i mean >P] Roxas and Xion are both Axel's friends so it makes more sense. it explains why hes 'ticked off' because there is no good answer. no matter what he choses it ends up losing a friend. and i bet you all know he choses Roxas most likely or secretly finds a way to help xion because they are still friends later on. well except when roxas loses his memories in kh2 ect.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

What's your point? That Im wrong? I could be wrong. I could be right. Im most likely right, yet still. No one knows exactly.

Organization_42

Awards
If that were the case, he'd let Xion get punished. Roxas is the only one Axel liked.
gay.

Not necessarily. He might not always be in touch with his so-called emotions, but he's not stupid. If my best friend punished/possibly killed one of my friends, I'd be pretty angry with him. If he really wants to be Roxas' friend, I think Axel would be reluctant to try something that would make him that angry.

I think I love you. I always thought he meant Roxas, but looking at the grammatical structure, we have a choice between "worthless friendship" and "extinction of Roxas." Well, if it's Roxas's friendship and you take him out of the equation, it's not a choice anymore--you lose both. It's got to be another person, unless Saix is saying "stop being friends with Roxas or we'll kill him," and since that didn't seem to happen, it's gotta be Xion.

That's a very good point. Of course, by calling it "a worthless friendship", Saix doesn't seem to think it's a very big deal, so he's not really thinking in terms of Axel losing his friend no matter what choice he makes. I think, if he is talking about Roxas, he's really questioning Axel's loyalty to the Organization. The problem is, we've been down that road before- that whole conflict is set off in KH2.

So, if they had already had this conflict in 358/2 Days, why the heck would they think it was a good idea to send Axel in to take care of Roxas in KH2? It just doesn't sit right with me.

Organization_42

Awards
Thanks! :)

Roxas didn't leave because Axel pissed him off though.

No, you're right, that couldn't be the whole reason why, but it might have contributed to him wanting to leave. And the theory's more about what I think's going on in those particular scenes, not about what Axel decides to do in the end, or the ultimate outcome.

Xebrem

that theory sound very very good, and it IS possible. but Nomura said that Roxas left the Org. because he wanted to know why the keyblade chose him. It could also be that he was 'mad' at Axel:
"No one would miss me" -Roxas.
that kinda does sound like he isn't friends with Axel anymore, don't you think?

xine0

that theory sound very very good, and it IS possible. but Nomura said that Roxas left the Org. because he wanted to know why the keyblade chose him. It could also be that he was 'mad' at Axel:
"No one would miss me" -Roxas.
that kinda does sound like he isn't friends with Axel anymore, don't you think?

didn't he say that to axel?

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
I like this theory. It makes alot of sense, and could also explain Xions' disappearance/death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back