• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Multiplayer in KHIII/DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

So, multiplayer. Yay or nay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snow_flake40

Awards
If there's already a thread on this, I apologize, but I did a quick search and nothing came up, so...

Anyway, in each handheld KH game, there has been a multiplayer element. CoM has fighting using the link-up cable, Days has co-op Mission Mode with the Organization members, BBS has the Mirage Arena and Re:coded has the Avatar thing. However, as far as I am aware, none of the console games have any multiplayer. (I have no idea about the Final Mixes or Re:CoM because they're not available over here.)

So, d'you think they'll have multiplayer in KHIII? Would you want multiplayer? If so, what? Personally, I'd like to see another Mirage Arena.

Oh, while I'm here, I may as well throw in DDD too. I'd say that it will almost definitely have multiplayer, maybe a similar thing to CoM where you can choose to fight your friend as Sora or Riku.

Able_Beard

Banned
No the console systems didn't because PS2 didn't really revolve around it, other then MGS3 of course that was pretty big I believe.

Anyway I would like to see it, but I would like it to be like Mirage Arena mixed with Days. Where you customize a piece of Armor for your character to make each one different, and then you fight others. But to add to this for more variety I would like to see everything Mirage arena had, plus adding in some mini game thing's such as shooting and some musical games.
Also a mission mode would be cool were you go through worlds and fulfill certain tasks, much like Days.

AntiRiku*Axel

I think that what Able_Beard said would work perfect for DDD. For KHIII, I can envision an online where you visit previous worlds for certain missions or all out fighting against one another, and then Square could release new "maps" to play on i.e. worlds not in the game.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've said it before, but I think a team mode KH3 horde-ish mode would be pretty awesome. Team attacks, big flashy combos everywhere. Make it non-canon if you want, I don't care, but in my head that sound like it would be a fair bit of fun.

Also versus modes in KH3 and DDD would be schweet. As long as magnet, aero and all that are toned down to not be as effective. Maybe like a group versus mode like the one that's in BBS, but also a seperate duel mode where it's only one on one and more like the single player boss fights

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
An online multiplayer that's on par with CoD/online in general.

So I can kick some goody-goodies into the dirt

ICECOOL113

Are you kidding me multiplayer gives me the chance to defeat my KH playing friends while at same time getting rewards and stuff. The only thing I would prefer is like a "fake" game created player mode for when I need to battle but I don't have anyone around

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't know why I wouldn't like SE to include multiplayer as it is an optional thing to the game and it is just an extra feature (it's almost like saying "no" to SE adding more characters to play as). However, I wouldn't advise SE doing multiplayer on every KH game because for completionists, it can often get difficult to 100% the game if there is no other person whom you can player with/against. In DDD, I can't say that I really like the DS/3DS online, so I would prefer not to have a laggy match or anything stupid like the Avatar Menu (since I have spent over 200 hours so far getting those dalmations and I'm only half way through).

On the other hand, since KH3 is on a console, I'd much rather them have multiplayer on the console because the online is better, there is the option of DLC, and the discs can hold a lot more.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
A mission based co-op system similar to Peace Walkers would be awesome. That's really it, though.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There will be multiplayer. SE have said that all of their games will future some kind of multiplayer in the future. I heard it less then a year ago on Gamespot.

I think it's pretty good and hope they use the Coluseum instead of the Mirage Arena

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I've said it before, but I think a team mode KH3 horde-ish mode would be pretty awesome. Team attacks, big flashy combos everywhere. Make it non-canon if you want, I don't care, but in my head that sound like it would be a fair bit of fun.

Send me your resume. I'm gonna send it to Square. Like now.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ kupo1211

Don't ever mention DLC to square that is the one thing you never want them to know(they already know) because then we'll have episodic content to the KH games, and then the new threads about 5 years down the line will be. How Square-Enix ruined KH series with episodic DLC. Something like that.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I think if they have multiplayer, then it would pretty much suck. But it's optional, so yay.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
@ kupo1211

Don't ever mention DLC to square that is the one thing you never want them to know(they already know) because then we'll have episodic content to the KH games, and then the new threads about 5 years down the line will be. How Square-Enix ruined KH series with episodic DLC. Something like that.

I dunno, DLC sounds a lot more efficient than dealing out another $40+ for a Final Mix. Well, for anyone in Japan, anyways.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah for Japan I can agree, but with the rate at which these gaming companies are charging for unfinished game(basically) I'd rather Kingdom Hearts not go that route.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
multiplayer just using riku and sora

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
There will most likely be some sort of multiplayer in there games. Days, Re:coded, and BBS all tried to push it in some way. Plus, I swear I remember something the Square Enix president or ceo or something wanted to push Multiplayer in all SE games because Multiplayer has always been a low light for them.

I'm hoping KH3D will have something like BBS, but w/ online.

KH3... since it'll be on a console has huge potential for Multiplayer, cooperative and competitive.

edit: http://kotaku.com/5571411/all-square-enix-games-to-include-social-multiplayer-gaming

Gram

Banned
Awards
i vote nay but if having it gets me the arena back and ditches hercules and that damn colosseum then hell yeah bring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back