• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Most memorable final boss fights? -Spoilers obviously-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ONIZO201

I figured I'd start a topic to get some nostalgia going on here if that's alright, if it's not feel free to slap me across the head and delete this thread. >_<

I'm sure most of us here have beaten a lot of games over the years and we've had to deal with our fair share of average to disappointing final boss fights where once we win we go "That's it? That was boring!" but naturally there's always those occasions where we have awesome final boss fights where not only are the stage,presentation and setting intense and cool, but the soundtracks that plays as you start also adds to the intensity,quality of the final boss fight, and it also gets you pumped up.

This topic is to discuss any Final Boss fight moments that had all those qualities and also made you go "Wow that was awesome." Needless to say this topic WILL HAVE SPOILERS, you've been warned....

I'll start off with the one of my first moments I remember at the top of my head.

The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time for the Nintendo 64: As you gaze at the remains of the castle where your final battle took place, you stand proud of the fact that you've won. You defeated Gannondorf, Saved all the sages, and rescued the princess, now all that's left is for you to go back to your own time.

But before Zelda can arrange that, you hear something shake under the rubble of the castle you and Zelda just escaped from, you leave the Princess to investigate and to your surprise Gannondolf pops out out the rubble looking beat up but not defeated. He also looks angry as he shows off his Tri-force of Power.

You draw your sword ready to fight once more but he begins to transform to his infamous Ganon form, traps you and him in a circle of flames separating you from Zelda, Attacks you relentlessly, and knocks away your master sword sending it flying as you watch it land right next to Zelda behind the flames.

You then stand seemingly defenseless before this very large creature and as Zelda watches and prays from afar, The Name "Ganon" show's up on the screen and now you're ready for the final battle of the game.

I was only in Junior high when I got to this boss fight and this was my first final boss fight that I thought was cool. I mean not only did I think the Music was appropriate for the situation, I remember for my first time I used to play around with him a bit and I thought it was awesome that with each hit you took from Ganon, you would go flying and in the back you can hear Zelda Scream in terror with each hit you take.

Then once you've figured out how to hurt him and leave him weak on the ground, the firewall would temporary drop, Zelda would then hold him down with her powers and urged you to get the sword and finish him off. Once you picked up the sword you would then go up to Ganon and give him a free face lift before stabbing him in the face,declaring you the winner of the game.

I have a few more memorable final boss moments but I'll save those for later but until then let us all share our favorite final boss fight moments.

P.S. Yes I know the topic was TLDR, but cut me some slack, this is my first thread here since the forum REBOOT....

P.P.S. I also made the topic before but since the reboot of the forums it disappeared....

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Mother 3. I can't elaborate, so I'll just say it tugs at your heartstrings.

Then it shreds them to bits.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
My most memorable final boss fight is, and will always be, Sigma from Megaman X. It was the first game I'd ever played (3 years old), and he kicked my butt so many times that my SNES controller was lucky that it could still function. But man, once I finally beat him, it was the most satisfying thing ever!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
As usual, I have trouble choosing. So here are some.

Chaos from FFI. A classic. Don't really know why, because there really wasn't anything all that special about him.
Zeromus from FFIV. Fucker was already dead. His hate and rage were strong enough to revive him on his own.
NeoExdeath from FFV. The thing was just... awesome. Points for him/it not only wanting to destroy the universe, but himself as well.
Zeus from God of War II. This really doesn't need any explanation. It's ffing Zeus. Then again, maybe it's just because I'm a mythology geek. Haven't played III yet though.
Vergil from DMC3. Nasty fucker. I couldn't beat him at first and kept trying. Then I didn't play the game for a couple of months and I beat him on the 3rd try.
And as easy as KH final bosses are, they're usually still a bit epic.

Llamapox

Dragon Quest VIII.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Most awesome fight ever.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots-Liquid Ocelot
Final Fantasy IX-Necron (I remember that fight being annoyingly difficult for some reason)
Tekken 5-Jinpachi
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped-N. Cortex
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves-Lazaravic

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I don't feel like digging up my N64 and NES to check for others, to see if the titles will jog my memory.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Star Ocean The Last Hope.

Seriously?

It HAD to be my favorite character?! SERIOUSLY? My heart sank when I saw....

I shall not elaborate.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
For me it has to be Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker mostly because that was a tough fight, and it had one of the most satisfying kills with a sword I've seen in a game.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Eh, I can defininity remember the most memorable boss, but most memorable final boss-

Paper mario and the thousand year dooor. THe whoel game was easy as phuck until the endinig boss. I never beat it. It was incredibily hard. I seriously thought the game was inferior to the original PM, but then after I spent so many hours on that one boss. (very Similar to nevermore's story; the controller was lucky) I knew the game sucked- hard.

If I think of any more, besides KH of course, i'll edit them into this post. :D

Shinra

Banned
Awards
FF6: Final Kefka, that was one of the most prolonged yet intriguing fights I've played so far, That was the time I actually started limiting my levels on my chars to get more of a challenge from a fight and boy that made it so fun!

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Possessed Linebeck,This was the first final boss I faced on my Nintendo DS, and boy that made it one worth mentioning in my books, when the fight really started, (When your fairy gets trapped) 1st)Overpower, 2nd) Get the phantom sphere, 3rd) time it right when the eye on linebeck's back opens, 4th) Freeze time with the hourglass, 5th) Go around and Hack, hack away!!!

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
The Boss- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Vergil- Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Liquid Ocelot- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Sanctus- Devil May Cry 4
Lazarevic- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Albert Wesker- Resident Evil 5
Ganondorf- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

D

Deleted member 71005

Most of the ones I was gonna mention already were so...

Super Smash Bros Melee: Master Hand & Crazy Hand
Super Smash Bros Melee: Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf battle

YUPPP

Kefka from FF6. He was the first final boss I ever beat. So it's pretty memorable.

Other than that Blue from Pokemon Red/Blue. I thought it was the most epic boss battle when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back