• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mighty No. 9 (or the game that tried)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Mighty No. 9 (June 21st 2016)

Mighty No. 9? More like Mighty No. Nein

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: Mighty No. 9 (June 21st 2016)

After all these years and delays, and this is the best they could do with MN9? I think Comcept bit more than they could chew. I think they were more hyped than us in terms of making Beck the new Megaman. A video game, anime, movie. Too ambitious for a company that's starting a big project. I mean, compare the ambitiousness of the MN9 project with FFXV. They both want to release a game, anime and movie. Inafune should have started small. No need for an immediate anime and movie adaption of the game. Being Megaman's spiritual successor is hype and marketing enough.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I've got a PSN key which I plan to use and a Steam key which I don't plan to use. Thinking about selling it.

I haven't had a chance to play yet. Did they include all the features and stuff from the stretch goals?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Just bought a brand new copy for PS4 for only 13 Euro. Should definitely be worth it for that price, at least.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Currently a free game for PS+ members. I've been playing a bit and the quality is moderate at best. I don't recall knowing that this game has voice actors, but it's cool it does. The game suffers from bad level design in my opinion and it's not as smooth as a Mega Man game in terms of physics. It's quite stiff.

Some trophy requirements are stupid hard (what a surprise), so my plan is to beat it for now and then eventually go for platinum (if I'm feeling ballsy enough) some other time.

Last edited:

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Main problem with this game was mostly that the level design just doesn't mesh with how they want you to play the game. You're supposed to pretty much dash all the time to absorb your enemies but all enemies and hazzards are placed in such a way that this become impossible. That made it nearly unplayable.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Main problem with this game was mostly that the level design just doesn't mesh with how they want you to play the game. You're supposed to pretty much dash all the time to absorb your enemies but all enemies and hazzards are placed in such a way that this become impossible. That made it nearly unplayable.

Hopefully they correct this issue with Might No. 9 II/2, or however they call it, and if they actually make it. I don't think this game succeeded, nor do I think the guys over at Comcept might bother to, seeing as how they've yet to deliver on the portable versions of this game... '_'

Veevee

Awards
Never really played any Megaman title, so I didn't have that nostalgia load. When MN9 hit PS Plus, I tried it out for a bit, beat two bosses and tried the mining level and I have to say it sucks. The two levels before were not too much fun - the electric chainsaw you had to get stupid close to be able to dash under it while all the game does is to tell you to do the dash (but not how) - stupid and unnecessarily clunky. Then I arrived at the mine level which I consider plain horrible, the game is not really fun to play :/ dropped it after that, the bosses were not challenging but made harder in a stupid way, so I don't think I'll miss a lot.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Main problem with this game was mostly that the level design just doesn't mesh with how they want you to play the game.

I definitely agree. Dashing feels limited in certain area making it difficult, which is too bad because I personally like the dash.

I tried it out for a bit, beat two bosses and tried the mining level and I have to say it sucks. The two levels before were not too much fun - the electric chainsaw you had to get stupid close to be able to dash under it while all the game does is to tell you to do the dash (but not how) - stupid and unnecessarily clunky.

I believe you're referring to Mighty No. 3's zone. That part where you need to crouch dash under the turbine is quite difficult. I know exactly where you're coming from since this was also a major road block for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back