• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mighty No. 9 (or the game that tried)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: Mighty No. 9 (June 21st 2016)

Deep Silver is usually on the ball, but this time they are not.
I'd give this commercial a C-. It's okay, but it seemed to drag on a bit. Maybe if it were a minute long the production wouldn't have been as bad as it were this time around. I kinda liked what they were trying to do, but it was a shot in the dark, that didn't miss the target, but it didn't hit the red circle on the middle, haha.

Hearing "Like an anime fan on Prom night" definitely made me cringe.
lol yeah the comment seemed pretty random xD

It's a bit of a shocker this will finally be out in less then a month.
I'm actually shocked that any hype and momentum this game had basically died out months ago... :<

And is it me, or does this game still look like it needs a ton of polish?
Although the graphics aren't that bad, they can still look better. And you would expect more from Inafune and his team. But yeah, the gameplay could use some polishing.

Hopefully, if a Mighty No. 9 Two were to come, it'll be miles ahead of the first game in terms of quality.

And hopefully it doesn't get as delayed.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Masterclass trailer had so much of a bad reception, that fans decided to make "a better one". Watch it for yourselves:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I'm regretting backing this as highly as I did. They had me all hyped up on that Mega Man nostalgia and sticking it to Capcom attitude. Now I'm half expecting Capcom to announce a new Mega Man at E3 that completely blows this out of the water.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

They made a new trailer for the rival Ray. He's playable!

[video=youtube;K_dzxeDtJWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk[/video]

This was so much better than that Masterclass trailer.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I wonder what's the story behind Ray. He seems to be another Mighty No. 9. Perhaps he's Beck's prototype? It would explain his erratic and berserk behavior.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

They made a new trailer for the rival Ray. He's playable!

[video=youtube;K_dzxeDtJWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk[/video]

This was so much better than that Masterclass trailer.

Zero clone inbound. Now we wait to see if a Bass or Proto Man clone will also be in the game. Things are looking up.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Ray = Rei = Japanese for Zero. They meant for him to be a Zero-esque character from the beginning.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Mighty No. 9 for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

Despite its pedigree, Mighty No. 9 doesn’t seem to have a good sense of what was fun about Mega Man, or 2D action-platformers in general. There are brief moments where its pieces come together, but even then it’s hamstrung by its visually joyless art and animation. The soul of the Blue Bomber just isn’t here, and worse yet there’s no endearing personality of its own, and as a result, Mighty No. 9 feels much more like a second-rate imposter than a spiritual successor.

god lordy, inafune get rekt br0

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Honestly, the game looks decent - like 7/10 by modern review score standards. I feel that the Kickstarter campaign itself should be reviewed separately from the actual game. It's going to be €15 in a couple of months and at that price I'm sure it's gonna be totally worth picking up (too bad it's digital only for Vita and 3DS). My assumption is that a great deal of the money that was intended to fund this project in turn helped kickstart the anime, movie, sequel and everything Red Ash. Everyone says Inafune is a businessman first and foremost and that would be the most businessman like thing to do. It wouldn't surprise me if the sequel is out next year and this series actually starts to become profitable, even if the target demographic changes fromold Mega Man fans to kids at some point. It seems like something that would appeal to those who buy every new Beyblade or Digimon game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'm actually kind of eager for them to make a Mighty No. 9 II. I know the game is barely gonna come out tomorrow, but with the obvious flaws this game's gonna have, I hope they learn their lesson and put more soul into a sequel.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm actually kind of eager for them to make a Mighty No. 9 II. I know the game is barely gonna come out tomorrow, but with the obvious flaws this game's gonna have, I hope they learn their lesson and put more soul into a sequel.

But who is going to trust a MN9-II?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

But who is going to trust a MN9-II?

Sometimes I'm too optimistic and hopeful, haha. I'm like the Sora of gaming, lol.

But honestly, I think we should give MN9-II a try. If the series doesn't take-off with a sequel, then we can declare Megaman's spiritual successor dead.

Edit:

IGN gave this a 5.6... '_'

Last edited:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Sometimes I'm too optimistic and hopeful, haha. I'm like the Sora of gaming, lol.

But honestly, I think we should give MN9-II a try. If the series doesn't take-off with a sequel, then we can declare Megaman's spiritual successor dead.

Edit:

IGN gave this a 5.6... '_'

Reviews are not looking great, as there are only 3 positive reviews for the game on Metacritic. It's sitting at a 58/100 there, so things aren't looking too good, just a lot of people sounding disappointed, which was somewhat expected, but very unfortunate.

Sdog

Awards

It really is a shame the response for this game. I know many, myself included, were really looking forward to it. I'll still get it but it's gonna be a bit more of a wait.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

So this entire thing has been a clusterfuck from start to finish.

I really wish we'll find exactly what, where and because of whom this all happened (I know we probably won't). This isn't the first Kickstarter to go wrong, but to have this happen with high profile people working on it is something else. Hell, if I'd be paranoid I'd say this whole thing almost seems sabotaged.

The main issue is that this is a stain on Inafune's record, along with everyone else who worked on it. I'm not talking about the quality of the game, everyone makes a stinker or 2 regardless of how good they are (though it is regrettable that this happened with a crowd-funded campaign and, again, professionals) I'm talking about several years of unclear communication and a botched release and all the others things that occured in the last 3 years. I'm definitely more weary of them ever kickstarting anything again, and therein lies a problem. If they can't get funded anymore, they can't show that this was a one-time issue and that they can do better. But the trust is likely gone with most of the backers involved.

zachen

Awards

Yeah from what I hear it was a mistake to beck (hah) this one. I really wish 18 year old me had known this wasn't going to be great so I could've saved my money.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Honestly, if anyone wants my key, I'll sell it to you for $10 (DLC keys included).

I have no intention of wasting my time on this game. It's a shame that it flopped, but lesson learned, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back