• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking for some good Animes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
Death Note. Death Note. DEATH NOTE!!! It's the best anime and manga i've ever seen/read (maybe aside from Bleach, which you should probly try too)

Fireheart

Baccano, hilarious, well thought out story. Well worth watching.
Berserk is well worth reading, easily one of the greatest manga out there, I would stay away from the anime though.
Black Lagoon is also worth checking out.

Wasilis

Bronze Member
Except for Soul Eater which is the best anime ever, I would also recommend Digimon. Seriously, there exist no person in the world, who doesn't know digimon.:)

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu
i would recommend:
BLEACH: great artistic style and also great stories;has a decent english dub, but i would try subs cause you get a lot more outta da story
Naruto: also a great show witha great follow-up;ep1-135 ONLY the last 80 are filler(crap)
Naruto Shippuden: follow-up to naruto;only sub but if you like naruto then it is worth it;better than naruto
Cowboy Behbop: Amazing show;music oriented;both sub and dub(BTW i actully like dub better)

P.S.all of these(except Shippuuden)are in sub and english dub, but i woulld try and get used to subs, cause if u really like them the japanese versions are much further along than the english.

P.S.S.also if ur not a japanese purist give Avatar: The Last Airbender a try;its probably the best american anime out there. hope i helped and once again, i highly recommend these shows ^_^ .

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I just remembered a few shows, lol.

Last Exile (can't believe I forgot this one) = Possibly the best thing that GONZO has ever put out. Superior artwork and animation, excellent music, and a very original storyline. It isn't an "action-packed" show, but I think it is definitely worth the watch.

Vandread = It's a mecha show by GONZO. It's also one of the funniest anime I've watched, and again, it has a very original storyline. Just a word of warning though, if you don't like a lot of "fanservice" in your shows, then you might not like this one as much, lol.

Ergo Proxy = While it is more of a psychological thriller than a pure action show, it never has a dull moment (don't worry, it has plenty of action). Excellent characters, and a complex story make this one of the better anime shows out there. Give it a try!

@FINALDISNEY

I like the "Blue Bird" lyrics you put in your sig! That was quite possibly my favorite opening of Shippuuden, lol.

VampiricVirus

Website
vampiricvirus.deviantart.com
FLCL: very funny and it really experiments with different perspectives. it also has some pretty cool fight scenes
samurai shamploo: funny, sad, and has great fighting scenes
ghost in the shell: one of the best animes out there. nuff said
Hellsing: a short series but u won't get bored and its pretty dark

animes u shouldnt get into:
Naruto: it's an alright anime but not all that original. unless ur 12 i wouldnt recommend it
Avatar the las air bender: it's an american anime on nicolodeon. dont watch it
teen titans: another american anime with an over use of japanese anime expressions

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Naruto's a bit overrated, but it depends on your tastes. Bleach is better to me in terms of action; MUCH more fast and it doesn't stop to cue conversations.

Otherwise, Full Metal Alchemist and Eureka seveN are good for action/adventure animes.

P.S. Avatar, technically, isn't an anime. It's a cartoon that has an anime-esque style. :D Inspired by anime, yes? That's one of the greatest animated TV shows I've ever seen, though. It's got a fantastic plot, amazing animation, it's action-packed, and seriously funny at times.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
*Looks through posts*

Where's Kaiji? Did nobody mention Kaiji? Okay, to the TC, this is what you need to do: Watch Kaiji A.S.A.P. Seriously, you think Death Note is suspenseful - Kaiji will own your ass. It defines epic! ^_^

Oh, wait, nobody mentioned Akagi either? :)ohmy:) Go watch that, as well. Other than those two, well...

Gintama
Samurai Champloo
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Eureka 7
Wolf's Rain
Baccano!
Monster
Big O
Ghost in the shell
Gundam Wing
Trigun
Detective Conan
Any and every Hayao Miyazaki film.

A friend of mine told me about Dennō Coil the other day - I'm not sure if it's any good, but check it out anyway. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back