• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking for some good Animes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin

Bronze Member
So I decided I wanted to get into some Animes but there is so many!!! What do you recommend?

Vin

Bronze Member
Btw I am talking about shows.

For my type I like Action/Adventure and sometimes Drama

I heard Death Note and Naruto is good?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Death Note is good, but it is more of a psychological thriller than an action show (but it's so good you might like it anyway, lol).

Naruto, imo, is also good, and certainly something to watch if you like action.

Bleach has some of the best choreographed fight scenes in an anime, and it's also very well drawn.

Full Metal Alchemist has quite a bit of action in it, but if you don't like heavy drama, then you might consider avoiding it.

D.Gray-Man, again, has some nice action scenes, but be warned that it can also be pretty dark at times (not as dark as Death Note, but still).

Soul Eater is a great new show that started a little bit ago. It has plenty of action and hilarious random comedy moments.

Samurai Seven is probably the perfect show if you like samurai action (well, that and Samurai Champloo).

These are all I can think of off of the top of my head.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Well DeathNote is quite a 'thinking' series so if you can handle LOTS of talking then try it out.I personally like it since it questions society's role and the use of the deathnote.It's alittle slow in the beginning but it picks up on some parts.

Naruto..........I won't say anything >__>

But here's some random suggestions:
Black Cat
Cowboy Bebop
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Noein
Samurai Champloo
Wolf's Rain
Chrono Crusade
Tsubasa Chronicles
<--lol not sure

...my mind is alittle blank right now ^^;

Vin

Bronze Member
Thanks for all the recommendations! Just got done the first Episode of Death Note is sick and twisted but I love it !!!! Will check the others out at a latter date

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Hmm, Naruto's good from episode one to where Sasuke leaves the Hidden Leaf Village. (can't remember the # of that episode.) But after that, I started to fade in and out of the following choronicles. I'm just hoping Naruto Shippudden would come out here in the U.S. soon.

ShadowHeart Key

Website
www.freewebs.com
Here's my top 5

Bleach-This has awesome fighting scenes and great artwork
Naruto-Great action and adventure, but is pretty funny and dramatic at times
Death Note-Not action per-say but it is a thriller, and you will find enjoyment out of the show, but don't think to hard because it hurts my brain. If you miss one episode, your lost in the series.
D. Gray Man-This has action, but not intense. It has a lot of dark qualities so it is very different.
Fullmetal Alchemist-Awesome action, great characters, and full of drama

Vin

Bronze Member
okay can you also recommend any animes with english VAs? Cause I hate subs : [ so far the only ones I know of are Naruto nd Death Note

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Well Bleach ain't in subs. So why not give that one a try as well. The one anime that I really loved was Bo-Bo-Bo Bo Bo-Bo. Now that show was the most hilarious thing I have ever watched. Too bad it was ended right before they were gonna put an end to the Hair Hunt Troop's Leader.

Damn.

Vin

Bronze Member
Yea just got done watching Bleach episode 5. I really like it! Also for Death Note I only watched the 1st episode because this Sunday adult swim is airing re runs of it! : D

Henskie

I'm Batman
My personal recommendations:
Black Cat
Devil May Cry
Case closed (not really action but is mystery)

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Well Naruto was great 'til Sasukes leave. Aparenly the Naruto Magna series went from that part of the Naruto Saga of Sasuke's farewell straight to Naruto Shippudden. I don't understand why they can't do that to tv series in America. But no they had the other Ninja's do mission's and Naruto's still tracking down Sasuke.

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
Well...
I'm into stuff that messes with my brain AND has fight scenes. :D

Death Note I strongly reccomend. :D I watched the full series and read all the manga. Best thing ever. And don't read the spin-off book until your done with the whole thing. XD
Bleach I reccomend too. It's funny, has action, adventure and drama. It's perfect. lol. So try that too.
XXXHOLiC is amazing. My friend lent me the manga and I watched 3 of the DVD's. It kind of messes with your brain, but it's really good.
Tsubasa I haven't really READ but from what I've watched and read it's good. The storyline is cute, if you ask me. :)
Inuyasha. It's an old one but one of the best out there.
Claymore. It's about superior woman. What else is there? Kinda throws the whole... 'men are more superior than woman' thing out the window. lol.
Chobits. It's a little bit... perverted? But it has a cute storyline as well. Made by the same people who made xxxHolic and Tsubasa.

Those are my favorites. So read them if you'd like. :)
Hope I helped. :D:D:D

dylanjacobs1991

my personal top five anime would have to be

1.Mai-Hime, if u like action and drama: GREAT!, if u like girls fighting: EVEN BETTER lol
2.Fate/stay night, the story is very dark and fantasy like and the battles are well animated!
3.Eureka 7, More robot action, but action none the less, lottsa drama, excellent series
4.Samuria Champloo: Kickass hip-hop inspired battle moves, great story with some drama
5.Full Metal Panic! Great robot action and hand to hand combat fights, GREAT ANIMATION!

A

AOAlchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite anime! It's full of action and adventure as well as comedy and a deep plot! One of the cool things about the show is that it balances comedy and drama PERFECTLY!!!!!!!! You'll be laughing one moment, but in tears the next! The show is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Other anime I could recomend would be InuYasha, Bleach, Full Metal Panic, Naruto, and Death Note. I could list all the series that I love, but these are the few I think you would like (judging from the other posts...)

Hope this helps!

- Anime Obsessed Alchemist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back