• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Linkin Park

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderglow

Yeah their albums are just getting worse and worse...

and while the old stuff was a bunch of melodrama and crappy lyrics it also had a lot of feeling to it- well for me at least

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Shinkirō;5213706 said:
Huh, I just realised that they're actually releasing a new album next month. Darn I'm slow with this.

Don't worry, your not the only one. :/ I didn't hear about it till like a few months ago or something like that.

I need to listen to those. XD I'll go listen to it now.

I love:

Somewhere I Belong, New Divide, What I've Done, Faint, and some other songs. I love this band, it's still my favorite but I try not to listen to them too much so I don't get tired of them and I still like them but I guess not as much as I used to.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
They're just too commercialized now, really. I don't think that anything from A Thousand Suns will be all that great, either. I mean, already hearing The Catalyst was bad enough, and if you use that as a first impression for the whole thing, we're looking at an album for angsty emo 13 year olds. Then again, I suppose a lot of their other work was like that anyway. Needs more Mike Shinoda solo work with Fort Minor.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The old school under ground LP was where it was at, they used to be so good at rapping and rocking.

Yeah, they need more Shinoda and to return to their roots =/

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
New album makes me like Minutes to Midnight. And I HATE Minutes to Midnight....

RIP LP.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm going to wait until a day or two before evaluating A Thousand Suns as it is released tommorow

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Linkin Park's best stuff was all of the albums before Meotora IMO.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Linkin Park's best stuff was all of the albums before Meotora IMO.

The word you are looking for is "Meteora". And, what album's? There was only one before Meteora.

Their set of latest albums were awful, but Hybrid Theory and Meteora were great.... now, however, they are just some generic piece of shit band. I'm disgusted with them for selling out.

Lancelot

Awards
I'm assuming it's commercialized as hell, then?

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
The word you are looking for is "Meteora". And, what album's? There was only one before Meteora.

Their set of latest albums were awful, but Hybrid Theory and Meteora were great.... now, however, they are just some generic piece of shit band. I'm disgusted with them for selling out.

Yeah, I meant to say that. They actually had three. It would be two if you don't include the remix of the Hybrid Theory.

Lancelot

Awards
They didn't have any studio albums before Meteora aside from Hybrid Theory that were publically released though, I don't think, because I'm pretty sure Reanimation came after Meteora.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Ip Man said:
Why would it be a problem? It's your choice if you happen to like shit.

A Thousand Suns
is a great album. Give me a few, solid, concrete reasons as to why it is not. "Sounds like shit" or "too commercial" don't count. Seriously, that phrase is thrown around more than Anna Nicole Smith's body was after the funeral.

Before Meteora, you had Hybrid Theory LP, Hybrid Theory, and Reanimation. So, 3 albums for those wondering (not counting solo projects).

I quote this from an old issue of Alternative Press (2002):

Mark (Writer):
So, with Hybrid Theory becoming the greatest selling album in quite some time, everyone's saying that Nu-Metal is the genre to beat. Do you agree with that?

Mike Shinoda: Haha, yeah, we've been gettin' that a lot. That's just it though, you know, we're not trying to be any one class of music... After our next big album, we're probably going shift in an entirely new direction. That's our purpose as a group -- to explore musical boundaries, not just "Nu-Metal".

If you don't like what they're putting out, don't listen to it, simple as that, so stop with the harassment or at least give a good reason. They said way the hell back then it would be different. There's certainly nothing commercial about A Thousand Suns. It's different from M2M and anything else they've put out so far. Yes, it is a "political" album, but that doesn't instantly make an album "commercial".

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think taking someone's speech and playing piano in the backround whilst changing the voice so it sounds like Megatron is pretty shitty

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
k, not a huge fan of this band. But they're good- especially when I'm feeling like an emo bitch. /lolemo

I have Hybrid theory somewhere, as my friend let me rip his copy (well former friend) but I dunno where it went. :(

My favorite songs from them are probably, eh, Numb, in the end, cure for the itch, crawling, minutes to midnight, papercut, in the end, breaking the habit (lol listened to this song too much, so I don't like it as much anymore. *Shrugs*)

edit: Come to think of it, I liked everything from "Hybrid Theory" I'm going to have to re-download it now. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back