• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Leonard Nimoy, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 83

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Forgive me my bluntness, but I hope you realize how awfully egotistical this sounds.

There's literally no point in saying "they should've released 3 sooner", other than that we would've had the chance to enjoy Nimoy as Xehanort perhaps one more time. Which, again, is an egotistical thing to say. Not to mention how silly it is to blame SE or w/e for not releasing KH 3 sooner. It's sad that we won't be seeing him back as Xehanort but that's the hard truth.

Again, forgive me my bluntness but I feel like people are way too quick to forget the human being behind the artist.

You weren't blunt, that was the same thought I had and wanted t say such those words.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Forgive me my bluntness, but I hope you realize how awfully egotistical this sounds.

There's literally no point in saying "they should've released 3 sooner", other than that we would've had the chance to enjoy Nimoy as Xehanort perhaps one more time. Which, again, is an egotistical thing to say. Not to mention how silly it is to blame SE or w/e for not releasing KH 3 sooner. It's sad that we won't be seeing him back as Xehanort but that's the hard truth.

Again, forgive me my bluntness (not trying to single you out) but I feel like people are way too quick to forget the human being behind the artist.

It's not blunt. It's honest. Two great men are dead. This is no time to care about who will voice him or "why didn't SE get KH3 out sooner?"

It's disrespectful to Nimoy and Ohtsuka. I agree with you 100%.

VenTer

Awards
It's not blunt. It's honest. Two great men are dead. This is no time to care about who will voice him or "why didn't SE get KH3 out sooner?"

It's disrespectful to Nimoy and Ohtsuka. I agree with you 100%.
As I learned in Fairy Tail from Lissana "death is an inescapable fact of life." Give them a break may they both rest now. They have struggle their life. So now they are at rest.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Again, forgive me my bluntness (not trying to single you out) but I feel like people are way too quick to forget the human being behind the artist.
I'm 100% behind this. I've seen people (not on KHI) ask "who should replace him" just mere hours after Nimoy's death. It's disrespectful and completely rude. And I've also seen people who are only upset because "this will delay KH3". People are very selfish when it comes to death, which is very unfortunate. And those kind of comments especially hurt for those who are grieving.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm 100% behind this. I've seen people (not on KHI) ask "who should replace him" just mere hours after Nimoy's death. It's disrespectful and completely rude. And I've also seen people who are only upset because "this will delay KH3". People are very selfish when it comes to death, which is very unfortunate. And those kind of comments especially hurt for those who are grieving.

I lost my dad years ago and uncle last year, people are so selfish.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Seriously, how impious can people get?
"This will delay KH3" is their only concern about this? A puny video game?
People need to get their damn priorities right and learn to be more considerate. Leonard Nimoy was much more than "just" the voice of Master Xehanort and KH III is truly as relevant to this as the well known sack of rice falling in China.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
This really hurts. It wasn't even that long ago that I was giving out my condolences to Chikao Ohtsuka. It pains me just as much, if not just a little more, to do the same for Leonard Nimoy. I am not the biggest Star Trek fan having not met anyone even remotely interested in the series until I met my stepfather, but I had at least known what role he played, how impeccable he was in that role, much of his other work and everything. Having such a talented man lost is just truly heartbreaking.

I remember thinking that 2014 was a terrible year for me in a lot of ways, some personal, but others for things such as the death of iconic people that I grew up watching and listening to like Robin Williams. Now, this year, we've already lost Leonard Nimoy Chikao Ohtsuka and several others as well so early in the year.

RIP, good sir. You have fought valiantly in a long and arduous battle. You were a true wonder and a great man.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i was going to make a thread but i felt only one member deserved the honor. there isn't much to say i didn't already in the other thread, regardless, rest in piece.

live long and prosper

Reckard

I was just thinking about how after Chikao Otsuka died at least Leonard was alive. Very sad to see another iconic figure go. I'm not sure whether it makes sense to erase MX's role from future games as a result though. Recasting him feels awkward too. Either way KH3 should definitely honor Chikao and Leonard's memories for the amazing life they gave to KH's greatest villain.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I believe Square will honor them and will handle that when they can. As of now, this is about a man. Not just man, but a real life figure. Right now, everyone should leave Kingdom Hearts alone at this point. Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't dead. This is a figure that has inspired us and entertained us. This is more about the significance of life.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure there are enough words to describe how much Mr. Nimoy meant to so many people. For sure, he'll be missed for a very long time; but in the time that he was here, he left us with a lot of memories of a great actor and fantastic human being.

RIP Mr. Nimoy, you'll be greatly missed for a very, very long time.

Live Long and Prosper

Xagzan

Awards
What do you mean by that?

Oh just what I said earlier, about them possibly aging MX down or something. Well, technically they would still be replacing him, it just wouldn't be him-him. Wouldn't be Mr. Nimoy's version.

Obviously we don't know what's in Nomura's mind, but you can't help but wonder what he might do.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Xag; there is such a thing as sound alikes. I mean, you know Mel Blanc? He did Bugs Bunny and a lot of other voices. Well, the Looney Toons are still going strong and he's long dead.

Right now, let's not worry about KH. KH3 has been planned for quite some time and I seriously think both voice actors will be honored, but yes, I'm not sure if he'd change his story b/c of deaths. Let's not be selfish and not speculate; we can't predict the future. And I'd rather not try!

Let's just honor this great actor for now and let KH3 take care of KH3. ^^

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
"Let us finish this at the fated place, once your lights and my darknesses have joined together."

Those are the last words Leonard Nimoy will ever speak as Master Xehanort.

Beam him up, Scotty.

RIP

Guernsey

Awards
This may sound cruel but who is gonna be the English voice for Xehanort? Nimoy was awesome in life but ther isn't anyone who can do the voice like he can.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Let us finish this at the fated place, once your lights and my darknesses have joined together."

Those are the last words Leonard Nimoy will ever speak as Master Xehanort.

Beam him up, Scotty.

RIP

For some reason this nearly made me cry just now :C

He truly was an exceptional human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back