• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Leonard Nimoy, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 83

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's pretty shitty that Square Enix North America has essentially turned a blind eye to this death. I'm definitely losing even more respect for them with every day that passes.

Leonard Nimoy might not have been part of their voice acting family for a long time but he absolutely made an impact on one of their biggest series and he deserves some kind words.

This loss is still so surreal to me... I know he had a long and amazing life, but that's still not comforting when facing the reality that he's just... gone. A brilliant light in the darkness lost in a moment.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Tao; the sad thing is I think it's because at least with their tech support, they aren't open on weekends, to the displeasure of a lot of people that got their FFXI accounts hacked.(I could burn your ears with tales here.) This may be what is delaying any announcement as well; if their tech support's any indication, they may have other offices closed as well on weekends.

If I don't see anything by Monday night, I'll scoop up my cell phone. Since I did have to tangle with their tech support several times, I do have the number, so I can call, be friendly and ask wtf.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
He had a long and beautiful life, this I can be comfortable with. Nimoy was, and always will be the man!!

I will say that KH3 will not be the same without him. Tainted even.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Tao; the sad thing is I think it's because at least with their tech support, they aren't open on weekends, to the displeasure of a lot of people that got their FFXI accounts hacked.(I could burn your ears with tales here.) This may be what is delaying any announcement as well; if their tech support's any indication, they may have other offices closed as well on weekends.

If I don't see anything by Monday night, I'll scoop up my cell phone. Since I did have to tangle with their tech support several times, I do have the number, so I can call, be friendly and ask wtf.
My problem is that he died on Friday and pretty much all businesses are open 9 to 5 from Monday-Friday...

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Tao; the delay is proly also due to some disorganization in the office too or just the higher ups didn't get the information before 5 yesterday. It's hard to say since I don't work there, but if there's any translation involved, they may of wanted to wait for a bit first to get translated word to our director (and translations take time if you want to get them right).

It's still maddening, but we have no idea about their office politics either!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tech support =/= the person/people who run their social networks.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Tao; the delay is proly also due to some disorganization in the office too or just the higher ups didn't get the information before 5 yesterday. It's hard to say since I don't work there, but if there's any translation involved, they may of wanted to wait for a bit first to get translated word to our director (and translations take time if you want to get them right).

It's still maddening, but we have no idea about their office politics either!

Not particularly sure which account we're still talking about, but the English KH Twitter is shared by one representative of the community team from both the North America and Europe offices (though there is scuttlebutt that they need to have certain things approved by the head office in Japan before they can post them so take that as you will), and Nomura handles the Japanese account personally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Chaser; I know, but the fact that their tech support has such *wierd* hours when they run 2 MMOs makes me wonder what hours corporate has. Any other company would have tech support every day, not just on weekdays.

The official would be Mon-Fri, but game developers and publishers don't really work that kind of schedule if there is work that needs to be done. NA and EU likely work overtime in order to facilitate video conferences with Japan, overtime when a game is close to completion, overtime when they have to do public streams of their upcoming titles.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A really sad thing indeed. :( I felt kind of empty when I heard the news. It is still hard to believe that Mr. Nimoy is gone.
It kind of makes things worse, that also the Japanese voice actor died not too long ago. This is a tragedy. :( I really don`t know what else to say. I just feel kind of empty.

axel95

Awards
It still hasn't really sunk in for me. I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I love the science fiction genre, and Star Trek has had a significant impact on it. And obviously, I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan. The world lost a great actor, and it lost an even better man. Mr. Nemoy truly did live long and prosper.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
square enix really are a bunch of ignorant cunts and there really isn't much more to say.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Even the Simpsons dedicated it's recent episode to Leonard Nimoy (since he was on the show a few times, the writers are big nerds). Still, really disappointing about Square Enix, especially since PR/social teams are meant to be available at all hours.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No kidding chaser.

Anyway another hour or two before I dare call their tech support and find out. This won't be the usual one where my game isn't working right; I've called them for info before. Hopefully I can get a straight answer since well..I'm surprised at their silence.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No kidding chaser.

Anyway another hour or two before I dare call their tech support and find out. This won't be the usual one where my game isn't working right; I've called them for info before. Hopefully I can get a straight answer since well..I'm surprised at their silence.

Just saying, their tech support will likely be clueless since that isn't their area to handle. But give it a try.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Master; that's what I figure. I don't know if they'd know anything; at least I can ask them to poke the proper desk for me. I've gone 1/2 with them when I did have to ask them about something, however. (Once about Seekers, once about the ultimate pay cards...they did a 180 on Playspan when the cards were discontinued, so there's no paypal option for either XI or XIV at the moment. They said it'd be okay at the time, um, someone didn't know.)

[Edit] Guy was nice, he's going to forward the news to the proper desk. Sometimes the Dilbert Effect can work to your favor. True he didn't know, but the forward part may mean once they get confirmation from the higher ups we may see something. Better late than never..

Also if anyone need that number for anything else, I'll post it up somewhere. I SWEAR they hide it pretty horribly just to keep from being bothered...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back