• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Leonard Nimoy, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 83

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad to hear. My dad grew up watching Star Trek: The Original Series, so he probably identified with the actor a lot more than I did. That being said, he was definitely an iconic figure and brought a lot of gravitas to his work in the KH series. He will be missed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wasn't a Trekkie either, but still. Damn. So sad. I hear that rendition of Amazing Grace from Spock's funeral scene playing in my head T_T

RIP/LLAP Mr. Nimoy

I do wonder what, if anything, this will mean for Master Xehanort. When Heihachi Mishima's voice actor Daisuke Gori died, the creator not only recast the part, he also aged the character down in Tekken Tag 2, out of respect for Gori.

So I wonder if Nomura will do anything here, now that both actors are gone.

I would much prefer this than recasting him since there are two others who can voice him at different ages. Anything else would feel like a disservice to the actors who gave life to the character.

Last edited:

blksabbath74

Nimoy's last tweet:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet
it should be noted, in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the
shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade
gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or
empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of
my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my
travels, his was the most...human.

ec

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I feel like my heart just shattered. I really thought he would pull through.
And Chikao Ohtsuka just passed away last month, too. It's too weird.

RIP Leonard Nimoy;A;
I wonder if both Chikao Ohtsuka and Leonard Nimoy will be credited under "In loving memory of" in KH3's credits?

like they did for Wayne Allwine in KH358/2 days's credits?
I'm positive they will.

I would much prefer this than recasting him. Anything else would feel like a disservice to the actors who gave life to the character.
I feel the same way. And also with Xehanort's ability to possess his younger self and presumably the others this maybe how they'll go about it.

Last edited:

Veritas7340

RIP Leonard Nimoy.

We will always remember how you brought the legendary role of Spock to life, and we will also remember how you helped further the KH universe by voicing Master Xehanort.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
D: So sad when I read the title. He was a great actor, and he seemed so alive and strong that I thought he would be able to pull through for a while yet. This is a sad day, not just for KH, Star Trek, and Transformers fans, but also for the film industry as a whole. May he Rest in Peace. Live Long and Prosper, Leonard Nimoy. :(

LedxirnSimon said:
I wonder if both Chikao Ohtsuka and Leonard Nimoy will be credited under "In loving memory of" in KH3's credits?

They better. For both of these great actors.

They should also do the same for Star Trek 3 in Nimoy's case.

blksabbath74

I have a 3 part plan...

1) Invent Genesis Device
2) Fire Genesis Device onto viable dead planet
3) Fire Leonard Nimoy's remains onto Genesis planet

cbs403

he is a great actor and a great voice actor.he will be miss by everone around the wold including me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To see that the worst case scenario really came true leaves a sort of stinging feeling in my heart.
I deeply respected Mr. Nimoy and his work.
The one consoling feeling I can get out of it is that, wherever his spirit is now, he has no longer to suffer under that disease. ;_;

BTW,

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.

I would deeply hope that they do so, as they both deserve that much.
Not to mention the damn cruel irony to lose both voice actors of a character in merely one month.

I have a 3 part plan...

1) Invent Genesis Device
2) Fire Genesis Device onto viable dead planet
3) Fire Leonard Nimoy's remains onto Genesis planet

If only that were possible...

...but sadly that is where fantasy ends and doesn't mingle with reality.

---

You will be missed, Mr. Spock from Star Trek, The Great Paris from Mission: Impossible, Master Xehanort and so many others you gave life.

In the worlds' memories, you will be immortal.

thedairyfairy

Mr. Nimoy had, by leaps and bounds, the greatest voice acting performance known to the Kingdom Hearts series. It's extremely saddening to see such a talented man pass. RIP

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I can't believe he's passed away too. I feel like it's not true, except it is. I may of not been a huge Star Trek fan, but I knew who he was and that he starred in one episode on Big Bang Theory.

RIP Leonard Nimoy.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
What a bummer, really. Since death is inevitable, all one can hope to do (well, one of the things at least) is leave behind a good legacy. Leonard has done that and he has inspired and influenced many people to do what they enjoy/love. If only ghosts could access the internet, I'm sure he would be overwhelmed with joy and pride to see others write about his life and legacy.

(This is probably too soon, but hey I'm an a**hole) 1. Well, Disney and Square, looks like you guys should have made KH3 sooner than you did. 2. So I guess it looks like he won't be alive to see what awaits beyond the Keyblade War.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Very tragic news. My thoughts are with his family.

Chikao Otsuka and Leonard Nimoy will be credited under "In loving memory of" in the next released game. Might not be in the same region's credits though (e.g. Ohtsuka is only mentioned in the Japanese release, Nimoy in the English release)

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Very tragic news. My thoughts are with his family.

Chikao Otsuka and Leonard Nimoy will be credited under "In loving memory of" in the next released game. Might not be in the same region's credits though (e.g. Ohtsuka is only mentioned in the Japanese release, Nimoy in the English release)

That'd be bullshit on SE's end considering that Japanese have heard Leonard Nimoy's performance in the Final Mix version of BBSFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back