• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III E3 2013 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertJ

Awards
Call me nostalgic but I actually kinda miss the KH1 and 2 style.

I do too. And I don't think it's nostalgia, I just enjoy those games more than the ones with the command deck. It got kind of stale to me after three games in a row using the same battle system. And although I think it improved with each game, it still felt too similar each time. I'm really interested in seeing how they improve the KH/KH2 battle system and it would be cool if they find a way to work in commands, just as long as it's not the core mechanic.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^to some degree, I agree. you can't deny, though, that the command deck system made a well paced battle system.

I should be noted that what Nomura said is exactly what some of us speculated here over the last several months: that KH3 would combine the different elements.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I knew that, and I still bought a PS3 in 2008 mostly for the one game.

This. And we don't even know how many titles will get the treatment. The PSN store has a rather disappointing selection of PS2 titles that are still SD.

And the last time they tried BWC on the PS3 it drove the price up a lot because they had to incorporate PS2 hardware into it.

i'm less worried about the server going down than I am about how much my connection speeds will affect the games at all.

Agreed. Looks like I have to get a PS3 and a PS4

Kingdom Farts

Is there anyone else who is wondering, with KH3 being announced, Will there be a KH 2.5 Remix? Not that i'd be massively bothered after the greatest news and biggest suprise in a long time came at E3 with the announcement of KH3.:biggrin:

Youniquee

Awards
Is there anyone else who is wondering, with KH3 being announced, Will there be a KH 2.5 Remix? Not that i'd be massively bothered after the greatest news and biggest suprise in a long time came at E3 with the announcement of KH3.:biggrin:

Of course there will be...it won't make much sense if there isn't. Nomura already said it would only be natural to have a 2.5.

thebebop

If kingdom hearts HD 2.5 is announced it most likely will be announced at the TGS, since this makes more sense to me.

axel95

Awards
I have an extremely small amount of doubt over 2.5 being made. But Nomura has all but confirmed it, and it makes sense from an advertising standpoint.

AlbertJ

Awards
^to some degree, I agree. you can't deny, though, that the command deck system made a well paced battle system.

I should be noted that what Nomura said is exactly what some of us speculated here over the last several months: that KH3 would combine the different elements.

I would kind of deny that, at least for Birth by Sleep because I felt the command deck system in that game was very broken. But as I said, it was implemented much better in Re:coded and Dream Drop Distance. From what Nomura said, I think the core of the battle system will more like KH and KH2 but it will definitely feel like a more natural progression with the newer elements added in.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I have an extremely small amount of doubt over 2.5 being made. But Nomura has all but confirmed it, and it makes sense from an advertising standpoint.

Besides Nomura albeit confirming it...it is confirmed in the credits to 1.5 with everything but the name haha xD

Penance

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 E3 Trailer!

That swarm of heartless attacked in the same pattern Master Xehanort used to attack Terra with keyblades...The trailer looks cool.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Besides Nomura albeit confirming it...it is confirmed in the credits to 1.5 with everything but the name haha xD

Continuing with the whole 2.5 thing, they can easily use KH3 as a great advertisement tool to get people to buy both 1.5 and 2.5. "Kingdom Hearts 3 is in development, so why not take the chance to catch up with every game in the series!"

I'm honestly hoping that with the PS4 Gaikai cloud streaming service, they put 1.5 and the eventual 2.5 on the servers to make the PS4 more of a good investment when paired with KH3.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That swarm of heartless attacked in the same pattern Master Xehanort used to attack Terra with keyblades...The trailer looks cool.

Pretty interesting comparison. Definitely could be either him or Ansem SoD controlling the buggers. I know this is just a teaser of sorts, but I would love to fight that swarm of Shadows.

I'm honestly hoping that with the PS4 Gaikai cloud streaming service, they put 1.5 and the eventual 2.5 on the servers to make the PS4 more of a good investment when paired with KH3.

That would be so nice. They've really been reluctant to make KH available on any e-store. Not sure what the Gaikai cloud system is like, or how much more stable/secure it is, but the Xehanort saga fitting entirely on one console is a dream PS4 could realize.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I'm also hoping Gaikai in and of itself ends up working at least somewhat well. If I could legitimately stream games and have them comfortably playable, even with a few hiccups, that'd be fantastic.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'm not familiar with Cloud streaming services, if they did put KH1.5 and 2.5 on that streaming service and you already bought them for the PS3, would you be able to get a discount or get them on the PS4 and if so, does save data transfer or anything like that?

Santiago

I'm not familiar with Cloud streaming services, if they did put KH1.5 and 2.5 on that streaming service and you already bought them for the PS3, would you be able to get a discount or get them on the PS4 and if so, does save data transfer or anything like that?
Nothing about Gaikai on the PS4 has been confirmed as far as I know, besides that it is a thing that will happen. I'm finding it very odd that they haven't made a big deal out of it, seeing as it's essentially PS4's version of backwards compatibility, and would be a game-changer if they came out and announced that it was that.

They (Sony) have confirmed that it's possible to put PS3 games on Gaikai to make it work on PS4, but haven't confirmed that they will. They've also said that you can emulate it, similarly to how you can play certain PS2 games on the PS3 by downloading it of the PS Store.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nothing about Gaikai on the PS4 has been confirmed as far as I know, besides that it is a thing that will happen. I'm finding it very odd that they haven't made a big deal out of it, seeing as it's essentially PS4's version of backwards compatibility, and would be a game-changer if they came out and announced that it was that.

They (Sony) have confirmed that it's possible to put PS3 games on Gaikai to make it work on PS4, but haven't confirmed that they will. They've also said that you can emulate it, similarly to how you can play certain PS2 games on the PS3 by downloading it of the PS Store.

It was announced at E3 during their conference that the service would be going up in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back