• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III E3 2013 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think they'll at least take KH into consoderation, given their popularity.

Which is pretty much the biggest tell tale sign of a game getting rereleased in a way that takes more than minimal effort. I expect them to have LBP, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 by 2015.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The idea of Gaikai is to eventually have the entire library of PS3/PS2/PS1 games be available on the PS4, so hopefully it's something they figure out sooner than later.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Idea, maybe. Execution is more complicated in such matters, especially where third party developers are concerned.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
^Idea, maybe. Execution is more complicated in such matters, especially where third party developers are concerned.

I believe it is up to the 3rd party's discretion on whether or not the game can be put on the service. Considering BbS never made it to PSN for reasons we don't have 100% confirmed, the remixes may not make it either.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Be sure to check the "In Development" thing that popped up. I guarantee that the movie shown is simply the unpolished rendering. I mean it definitely seems as if they decided to announce really close to E3 and so they didn't bother putting detailed texturing in yet. I think it'll look simply magnificent when all is said and done.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Be sure to check the "In Development" thing that popped up. I guarantee that the movie shown is simply the unpolished rendering. I mean it definitely seems as if they decided to announce really close to E3 and so they didn't bother putting detailed texturing in yet. I think it'll look simply magnificent when all is said and done.

Lol you're late to the party. Nomura already said that the stuff shown in the trailer is CG stuff and that they announced the game a bit early. No early KH trailer has even been fully representative of the final product. Not with KH1, CoM, KH2, Days, BBS, or KH3D.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I believe it is up to the 3rd party's discretion on whether or not the game can be put on the service. Considering BbS never made it to PSN for reasons we don't have 100% confirmed, the remixes may not make it either.
My point exactly. This is the history of digital formats for just about all media and the internet.

Santiago

I've decided to do more research about Gaikai on the PS4, and I've found out I was entirely wrong in saying not much has been confirmed. I apologize for that and feel stupid for having made that claim without having done much of any research. :s

So the supposed long term goal of the service is to bring all the PS1/PS2/PS3, as Taochan said. If that is true, then we will eventually get KH1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4. Keyword being eventually.

They're bringing an immediate catalog of "critically acclaimed" PS3 titles when they launch Gaikai in 2014, which leaves me to wonder as to how they will decide what games are "critically acclaimed", and it makes me worry whether or not KH 1.5 HD ReMIX will make that cut.

Either way, we'll be seeing the game on the PS4 eventually, but I think everyone can agree that it'd be better if we got it sooner than later.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've decided to do more research about Gaikai on the PS4, and I've found out I was entirely wrong in saying not much has been confirmed. I apologize for that and feel stupid for having made that claim without having done much of any research. :s

So the supposed long term goal of the service is to bring all the PS1/PS2/PS3, as Taochan said. If that is true, then we will eventually get KH1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4. Keyword being eventually.

They're bringing an immediate catalog of "critically acclaimed" PS3 titles when they launch Gaikai in 2014, which leaves me to wonder as to how they will decide what games are "critically acclaimed", and it makes me worry whether or not KH 1.5 HD ReMIX will make that cut.

Either way, we'll be seeing the game on the PS4 eventually, but I think everyone can agree that it'd be better if we got it sooner than later.

According to wikipedia, KH1 is the 9th best selling PS2 title worldwide. KH2 is also pretty high on the list. They should be pretty high priority and I doubt they'd make the originals available instead of the HD remasters. In the end though, it is up to Square.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I would say it's up to Disney too. Though Disney has been better about digital releases and square is just getting there.

kupo1121

Awards
According to wikipedia, KH1 is the 9th best selling PS2 title worldwide. KH2 is also pretty high on the list. They should be pretty high priority and I doubt they'd make the originals available instead of the HD remasters. In the end though, it is up to Square.

I don't think KH1.5 will make the cut immediately to PS4 as soon as it arises because the Gakai service is going online early 2014. If it goes online only months after 1.5 was released worldwide, why did SE just not make it for the PS4 originally? I understand it would come out nearly a year after Japan, but even still. A year isn't that long of a wait and KH3 is going to be on a completely incompatible system with the games so it should have been worth the wait if they are just going to have it on Gakai anyways.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, I expect it'll be summer 2014 or closer to 2.5s release. But we can't overrule the fact that 1.5s original JP release date was about 7-8 months before the PS4 debuts, and 11 before the streaming goes live. That makes a world of difference in game production and especially remasters, and fans will have had ample opportunity to play the JP collection before upgrading. the English version is a different story, and we may end up waiting a while longer for it to be supported by Gaikai.

Santiago

I don't think KH1.5 will make the cut immediately to PS4 as soon as it arises because the Gakai service is going online early 2014. If it goes online only months after 1.5 was released worldwide, why did SE just not make it for the PS4 originally? I understand it would come out nearly a year after Japan, but even still. A year isn't that long of a wait and KH3 is going to be on a completely incompatible system with the games so it should have been worth the wait if they are just going to have it on Gakai anyways.
This is sort of nitpicking, but they didn't say that Gaikai was coming out early 2014. All they said was that it was coming in 2014, beginning in the U.S.

[video=youtube;djEG5rwdX9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djEG5rwdX9Y[/video]
1:12 to 1:20

On the topic of why they didn't make KH1.5 for the PS4, I really don't know. They would have been much better off if they did, seeing as most people who used the Xbox 360 are transferring over to PS4, meaning a much bigger audience.

Maybe that's what the "secret message" in the artbook is about. Maybe it actually will be on the PS4 on-disc.

Either that, or I'm entirely wrong.

Probably the latter.

kupo1121

Awards
Maybe that's what the "secret message" in the artbook is about. Maybe it actually will be on the PS4 on-disc.

Either that, or I'm entirely wrong.

Probably the latter.

I'm just saying, that would be the biggest troll thing anyone could ever do. "Thank you for preordering this game on the PS3, our secret message is that this game is actually also going to be on the PS4 so please buy that version too."

I cannot see that happening, but if Gakai is just slated as "2014" then maybe they will be sent over if Gakai is released mid or late 2014, not early 2014.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Doesn't give away much does it. But definitley has the fans wanting more. Looong time waiting, but should be worth the wait.

SmilingMuse35

There's only one word that I'll use to describe this trailer: "EPIC". When I first saw it, I cried and thought, "Square Enix is going to make this an awesome game!". :smile: I'm excited for KHIII :smile:

Cumbii

Dat Floor! :')

Now we shall play the waiting game...

The 2-years waiting game, yeah!

Keyblade

I completely missed E3 so I woke up the next morning with everyone on tumblr freaking out.
Best surprise EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back