• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaxin

Ok so i was thinking that since disney bought the rights to star wars and are making another movie, do you think star wars will be in kingdom hearts 3? or any other future installments? The theme of light vs dark can go very well into the plot.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Re: kingdom hearts and star wars?

It would be Nomura's dream...

I think having Mark Hamill as a voice actor in the series is about as close as we're going to get to having actual Star Wars in the games. A Star Wars world for example in the series, would be very odd and I'd rather something like that wouldn't be there. I think KH should stick to the Disney films that Disney themselves are famous for.

And if Star Wars does somehow get into KH, then I expect Monkey Island to be in too. Plz.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Also Marvel. Let's not forget all that speculation. But neither SW nor Marvel will fit in KH3. If anything, it seems that Disney just purchased them to make money off them. Rumors are now spreading that they have sights set on small gaming companies that do family and kids' games so it's really just monopolizing.

Either way, the biggest mix of Disney and Star Wars will be Disney World pins with Mickey in a Jedi outfit.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't really think it'll happen. Square Enix loves Star Wars, Nomura loves Star Wars, Nomura personally requested for Mark Hamill to voice a character in his ode to Star Wars aka Birth By Sleep, Xemnas uses [ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod]lightsabers[/ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod] ethereal blades that look like lightsabers, but I don't trust any writers who tend to work on Kingdom Hearts with writing in Star Wars.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

I'm fine with KH just having similar themes to SW, maybe even gaining more in common now that Disney owns SW. But appearances in KH should be left to only those franchises that were originally created under the Disney or Square Enix banner

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Star wars has already been apart of kingdomhearts for some time. All thats left is for R2D2 allusion

padlock

Awards
Star wars has already been apart of kingdomhearts for some time. All thats left is for R2D2 allusion

I see your want of an R2D2 allusion and also give you a C3PO allusion ;) (Donald is 3P0, Goofy is R2D2)

R2-D2-C-3PO-Star-Wars.jpg

2poxres.jpg

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I really hope they won't put either Marvel or Star Wars characters into the mix. The charm of Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be Disney x Final Fantasy. And by Disney I mean Disney's own creations. But one thing has crossed my mind though! I think it is entirely possible that after the Sora vs Xehanort story arc is over, the franchise could very well be rebooted with either Marvel or Star Wars replacing Disney.

SoraroS

Awards
I really hope they won't put either Marvel or Star Wars characters into the mix. The charm of Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be Disney x Final Fantasy. And by Disney I mean Disney's own creations. But one thing has crossed my mind though! I think it is entirely possible that after the Sora vs Xehanort story arc is over, the franchise could very well be rebooted with either Marvel or Star Wars replacing Disney.

This is what most likely will happen in my opinion, its very natural that when this current Arc is over we'll get a completely new set of characters, worlds, even battle system... so Star Wars, Marvel and perhaps something yet to be announced will replace this Classic Disney Worlds we are used to...

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
A Square Enix x Star Wars flavoured reboot should obviously be called Kingdom Stars then! :cool:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
A Square Enix x Star Wars flavoured reboot should obviously be called Kingdom Stars then! :cool:

You mean the game with the weapons called Starblades so that they have a giant Starblade War and the ultimate one is called the Death Star lmao? It's okay, I'm good haha xD

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I personally would love to see sora duke it out with darth vader. Imagine having darth vader as the major antagonist for the next saga

PhantomSoD

i don't think it can work with both Keyblade weilders and jedi, because both basically have the same job of keeping the balance in the realm. So if the jedi existed in the KH universe, why would they not show up during the first arc and then sora and co. would kind of be redundant. (also, a complete reboot as some mentioned is also unlikely. Sora will be the hero until the end as Nomura has stated. So, new characters but no new cast.) What might be cool would be to put the jedi in the realm of darkness where they work to keep the darkness from spreading beyond its reach.(fits their MO better in my opinion. seemed like they were more about suppression of darkness rather than a balancing act.) Also it kind of makes sense. From what we saw in the BBSFM secret ending, their are world in the RoD. So it might be cool if that realm had their own protectors.

Awards
My least favorite parts of any video game are futuristic areas. Hate them. They tend to be bland, monochrome, and empty.

State

Awards
Oh God, I just had a mind pic of Sora smashing R2D2 with his hands and calling him a stupid robot. '_'

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I'll answer your question with some of the quotes on this thread.

Also Marvel. Let's not forget all that speculation. But neither SW nor Marvel will fit in KH3. If anything, it seems that Disney just purchased them to make money off them. Rumors are now spreading that they have sights set on small gaming companies that do family and kids' games so it's really just monopolizing.

Either way, the biggest mix of Disney and Star Wars will be Disney World pins with Mickey in a Jedi outfit.

I don't really think it'll happen. Square Enix loves Star Wars, Nomura loves Star Wars, Nomura personally requested for Mark Hamill to voice a character in his ode to Star Wars aka Birth By Sleep, Xemnas uses [ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod]lightsabers[/ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod] ethereal blades that look like lightsabers, but I don't trust any writers who tend to work on Kingdom Hearts with writing in Star Wars.

Also, as PhantomSoD pointed out, having both Keyblade Wielders and Jedi Knights in the same setting would be kind of contradictory and redundant. However, I do agree that if Star Wars was to be put in KH at all, the Jedi having a role in the RoD to keep the darkness from spreading wouldn't be out of place.

However, a lot of people don't seem to like this idea, and some of the terminology might seem either out of place or contradictory. Also, as was said in the quotes above, just because Disney buys something out doesn't mean it has to go into KH. Plus, we have tons of shout-outs to Star Wars in the KH franchise already.

I myself are neutral towards this. To me, it all comes down to how good the writers can implement Star Wars into KH. If they can make it in such a way that it doesn't interfere with any of the KH logic, then kudos to them. If they just randomly throw it in there just because it's Star Wars, then that idea should just stay in fanfiction. Regardless, it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see Star Wars in KH.

With all that being said, I wouldn't mind if we had light-based antagonists based on the Jedi in the new saga.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
To me, it all comes down to how good the writers can implement Star Wars into KH.
Considering how bad they have been with implementing Disney worlds into the plot, I wouldn't want they to try Star Wars on top of that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering how bad they have been with implementing Disney worlds into the plot, I wouldn't want they to try Star Wars on top of that.

Correct.
Star Wars is, also considering the expansiveness of the Extended Universe and multimedia stuff like "The Clone Wars" much more complex and detailed than any single Disney movie.
Incorporating it into KH would require much more effort and I'm afraid it would result in something neither KH fans nor Star Wars fans would be satisfied with.

BtW, wut? You aren't Orange anymore?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I don't really want the Star Wars in KH. Also I just don't see how they would want to incorporate an entire universe into their established universe. Even if they'd manged to do it like others have said there would be some redundancy with the Keyblade wielders and the Jedi.
Disney also doesn't seem to be to interested in integrating the purchased companies into their personally made stuff. They don't really influence what Marvel does, so I don't see them really interfering with what Lucas Films does.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
For me personally, incorporating SW into KH is kind of like how I felt when Disney bought the rights to SW; excited yet extremely nervous. I can see the idea being tossed around but I don't think it'll happen. Personally, I'm indifferent. It would be a weird mix into the KH storyline however, the thought of a keyblade-like lightsaber would be pretty bad ass in my opinion!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back