• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Y'know, now that I think about it, KH3 is a bit too much Disney.

Like, there's no 50/50 balance between it and the original stuff.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Y'know, now that I think about it, KH3 is a bit too much Disney.

Like, there's no 50/50 balance between it and the original stuff.

I feel like there has never been a 50/50 balance, more like 70/30 lol. But yes, this one had even less original than expected. Mostly in terms of worlds and such. A lot of the Disney stories were at least partially original and had KH original characters, and a ton of the bosses were Heartless or original bosses like the toys in Toy Box.

But by making the original worlds so small and only having 2 of them, it definitely limited what they could do with solely KH content.

I can't quite tell how I feel about it yet myself. Real talk, I came to this series for Disney and while I love the original content Disney is what is gonna keep me coming back. Its firmly what keeps this series from just being a dime a dozen JRPG, and it gives it a lot of charm. So I was happy to see the Disney content given that level of love. But then yes, I was disappointed by just how little there was to the original worlds. I definitely don't want them to make that compromise in the future...but I also don't want to lose this level of care for the Disney :/ In an ideal world we could have both lol, but, who knows. Something clearly made them make that choice this time already.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The Aqua boss fight should have gone like this.
"Mickey, you remembered to come back for me this time....I'M SO FLATTERED!!!! BUT YOU'RE TOO LATE!!!"
Reminds me of a great comic by Nijuukoo: Let's Party in my Kookie Jar

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zul

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm confused about him, KH3D seemed to imply he was nothing more than MX at a different time. KH3 seems to try to give him his own identity. What "mess" do you think he was trying to get out of and how did Demyx and Vexen rescue the key to it?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Xemnas just missed his chair TBH
It did seem very comfy.

I'm confused about him, KH3D seemed to imply he was nothing more than MX at a different time. KH3 seems to try to give him his own identity. What "mess" do you think he was trying to get out of and how did Demyx and Vexen rescue the key to it?
DDD seems to go both ways. Treating him like he's just Xehanort but also as his own person.
It's most likely his death and/or escaping Xehanort's plan. He kidnapped Ansem the Wise because he believed his old master had data on Subject X that could help him somehow since she came from the past but somehow traveled forward in time. But then HPO and Vexen stepped in to rescue Ansem the Wise, followed by Demyx taking him back to Radiant Garden.

(note that I'm theorizing a little but that's what I got from it all)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
That is still one of the more hilarious scenes in the game though. I am supposed to believe Ansem SOD could not just slightly turn to the right to see where Ansem The Wise was going.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Sora: That's amazing! You can control ice!
Goofy: You should join our party! You'd be a great fighter!
Elsa: I'd love to, but this franchise only allows one female party member per game, and Rapunzel's taken that spot.
Donald: Nomura's a sexist pig!

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Just found a Donut Island in The Caribbean during my quest for the treasures and lucky emblems I'm missing.
11/10 World <3

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The convo between Vexen and Demyx is awesome. Demyx: I'm useless, I'm chicken! xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The convo between Vexen and Demyx is awesome. Demyx: I'm useless, I'm chicken! xD
"Yes! Demyx time."

Their scene was a blast all the way and makes me wish we'd seen more interaction between the two afterwards. From the dialogue to animation, everything in those 2 minutes was amazing.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
"Yes! Demyx time."

Their scene was a blast all the way and makes me wish we'd seen more interaction between the two afterwards. From the dialogue to animation, everything in those 2 minutes was amazing.

“Quiet, you dunce!”

The dialogue is really great. And this convo really opens up their personalities from what we’ve known. Re:CoM did a job at this too (Organization member conversations). I just wish there was more.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The irony of Xemnas' speech in Dream Drop Distance hurts after completing this game. The only member who was truly loyal to Xehanort's cause in The Real Organization XIII was Vanitas. Everyone else was either a backstabber or had their own agendas and needed to get back with Xehanort for personal reasons.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The irony of Xemnas' speech in Dream Drop Distance hurts after completing this game. The only member who was truly loyal to Xehanort's cause in The Real Organization XIII was Vanitas. Everyone else was either a backstabber or had their own agendas and needed to get back with Xehanort for personal reasons.

I would argue not even Vanitas was there because he was loyal and more because he wanted to clash with Ventus again and just thought why not tag along with the old crazy man and his goons.

Ven generally seems to be Vanitas' main driving motivator.

Askelon

Btw was it ever revealed who the traitor Vexen mentionned to Demyx was or was it just a bluff?

Awards
I would argue not even Vanitas was there because he was loyal and more because he wanted to clash with Ventus again and just thought why not tag along with the old crazy man and his goons.

Ven generally seems to be Vanitas' main driving motivator.
If anything the only one that seemed truly loyal was Young Xehanort.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What I want to know is how the vessels could actively scheme and betray him. Shouldn't he prevent that with his heart pieces inside of them?

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
What I want to know is how the vessels could actively scheme and betray him. Shouldn't be prevent that with his heart pieces inside of them?
If there's one thing I've learned from all this, it's that the nortification process is purely cosmetic.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If there's one thing I've learned from all this, it's that the nortification process is purely cosmetic.

Well, DDD did show us that Xehanort can take direct control of a vessel but apparently it is limited to one at a time and for most he didn't seem to care enough to take measures.
As Marluxia says, Xehanort sees them as just pawns and they are expected to perish anyways once each of them has clashed once with a GoL and provided MX with a piece of the X-blade.

In the end it also didn't matter (to Xehanort himself) as he almost got what he wanted anyways.
It was only when Mickey, Riku, Aqua and all the others (minus Kairi and Naminé) closed KH from the outside while Sora, Donald and Goofy gave his baldiness a new polish in Scala that the last part of his ultimate plan failed.

For Luxu, Xehanort just opening KH was already enough as that was apparently what allowed him to bring back the Furrytellers...err, I mean Foretellers obviously.
He didn't care what happened to Xehanort afterwards.

Back