• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well, DDD did show us that Xehanort can take direct control of a vessel but apparently it is limited to one at a time and for most he didn't seem to care enough to take measures.
As Marluxia says, Xehanort sees them as just pawns and they are expected to perish anyways once each of them has clashed once with a GoL and provided MX with a piece of the X-blade.

In the end it also didn't matter (to Xehanort himself) as he almost got what he wanted anyways.
It was only when Mickey, Riku, Aqua and all the others (minus Kairi and Naminé) closed KH from the outside while Sora, Donald and Goofy gave his baldiness a new polish in Scala that the last part of his ultimate plan failed.

For Luxu, Xehanort just opening KH was already enough as that was apparently what allowed him to bring back the Furrytellers...err, I mean Foretellers obviously.
He didn't care what happened to Xehanort afterwards.
Oh yeah, he can do that, huh? I forgot. lol

And Xehanort would have won too if he didn't forgot people were behind him. He's just stares at Kingdom Hearts for 5 minutes doing nothing and is confused why everyone blasted him. Was he having a senior moment or something?

*snickers* "Furrytellers"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh yeah, he can do that, huh? I forgot. lol

And Xehanort would have won too if he didn't forgot people were behind him. He's just stares at Kingdom Hearts for 5 minutes doing nothing and is confused why everyone blasted him. Was he having a senior moment or something?

*snickers* "Furrytellers"

Nomura seems to also have forgotten quite a few things regarding the lore, lol, no biggie.
I allow myself the small hope that he has the next saga at least a little planned ahead.

Considering the Good Guys also just stood there gawking in one scene and let themselves get one-shot by Terra-Xehanort and a whorl of little shadow critters it balances somewhat out with MX also having cutscene incompetence at that point.

Pfft, yea, I might be a little late on the uptake in that field but when watching the Epilogue I had an epiphany that the Foretellers do indeed look like some Furry Cosplayers, hence "Furrytellers".

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Nomura seems to also have forgotten quite a few things regarding the lore, lol, no biggie.
I allow myself the small hope that he has the next saga at least a little planned ahead.

Considering the Good Guys also just stood there gawking in one scene and let themselves get one-shot by Terra-Xehanort and a whorl of little shadow critters it balances somewhat out with MX also having cutscene incompetence at that point.

Pfft, yea, I might be a little late on the uptake in that field but when watching the Epilogue I had an epiphany that the Foretellers do indeed look like some Furry Cosplayers, hence "Furrytellers".

I do have the impression the next Saga is going to be planned out, but this doesn't mean he wont change his mind and the direction as he comes to realize the next Saga. Seems some games in this Saga, like dream drop distance, weren't originally planned for and that probably caused some changes to the overall portrayal of the plot in KH3.

With Xehanort I can at least justify him just standing there and ignoring others as him being both awestruck by his plan coming into fruition and arrogant believing that the GoLs were powerless to stop him now. He probably didn't have his head screwed on straight at the moment.

The GoLs don't quite have that excuse for when they basically got slaughtered by enemies they normally manage to take down and defend against.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I love that bit with the fake Riku chatting it up with Maleficent. She almost seems happy to see him again!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I hope Nomura learns to research his own story. lol KH3 itself shows he was more focused on the next game, so he might be doing just that.

You know it's bad when it's easier to list characters that weren't being an idiot.

I still laugh at everyone getting one-shotted. It's supposed to come off as this horrible event, but the fact that it happened because everyone was being an idiot just makes it funny.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't heard them called "Furrytellers" before. It's perfect!

Pete wasn’t working full-time as Maleficent’s minion at the time.
But he put bugs in him.

Hirokey123

Awards
He put bugs in Data Riku who is just the journal taking Riku's form

Spoiler Spoiler Show

kaseykockroach

Awards
I wonder how easily Sora would have been duped into thinking the fake Riku in San Fransokyo was the real Riku-turned-evil-again if Donald and Goofy weren't there to set him straight.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I go along with it as is, but I think they could have easily established a consistent reason to explore the Disney worlds if they had something as basic as "In order to rescue Aqua, we must...uh...collect the eight magical mystical dark crystals that are scattered throughout these worlds! Only when those eight magical thingies are possessed can one enter the realm of darkness!".
Silly, yes, but I'd say that would have been enough. Mario's got that simple but acceptable structure down, might as well embrace that!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Not exactly story related, but scoring 70,000 points in the dancing mini game was a pain. Took at least 10 tries. And everyone was in the way. Like Flynn stand off to the side and get out of my way! The frozen slider game was soooo much easier.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wonder how easily Sora would have been duped into thinking the fake Riku in San Fransokyo was the real Riku-turned-evil-again if Donald and Goofy weren't there to set him straight.

Well I would hope he'd be able to tell that wasn't the same Riku after the initial shock, lol. At the very least see that Organization Riku is suspiciously two years younger

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

He put bugs in Data Riku who is just the journal taking Riku's form

Spoiler Spoiler Show
If that is the case, then Pete's question really should have been phrased differently as it makes it sound like he didn't recognize Riku at all.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Well I would hope he'd be able to tell that wasn't the same Riku after the initial shock, lol. At the very least see that Organization Riku is suspiciously two years younger

I figured Sora was just startled by the whole thing and didn't know what to make of it until D&G helped bring him back down to earth, but it's funny to imagine Sora being manipulated that easily into thinking "Darn it, Riku, we've been over this already!! Are you having a relapse!?".

kaseykockroach

Awards
Anyone else think the way Aqua says “Good morning, Ven” is kind of hot, or am I just a sick person?

Awards
I just realized another thing I hate about the Zettaflare scene.

Donald not only killed Terranort, he killed Terra in general thus making him lose any chance of reuniting with his friends until the rewind.

Back