• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHInsider's E3 2014 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: KHInsider's E3 2014 Coverage!

In a world in the year called 2014. Where smartphones can now record 720p or 1080p. Why is this video 360P?

I would imagine because HD videos take a long time to upload and the staff are very busy and trying to get this content to us quickly.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

• No online multiplayer for Birth by Sleep but bosses will be more enjoyable for Single Player.

• New rules and bonuses for solo mode

• There's a totally new story added to Re:coded

• They didn't change too much for 2.5, focusing mostly on touching up the graphics and the sound.

• Question: "What was the biggest challenge when making this remix?"
    Answer: "we didn't have a lot of difficulty with it"

• "We wanted to do more to grade up the quality of the graphics."

• The most important part in making 2.5 ReMIX was focusing on making it a PS3 experience.

• The most enjoyable part of creating 2.5 was the "programs was really funny"

• "Which Disney world was the most fun to make?"
    "Castle of Dreams from Cinderella."

• About Birth by Sleep "We really didn't want to make any mistakes"

• "Are there any game mechanics you wanted to add in but couldn't?"
    "We did a lot of experiments with the shotlocks"

• "We changed the controls of Birth by Sleep to the PS3 version"

• "Were there any FF or Disney worlds you wanted to add?"
    "In Birth by Sleep I wanted Vincent from Final Fantasy VII"

• "Were there any challenges with bringing Zack in?"
    "When we brought him to Kingdom Hearts he was a lot more cuter"

• "what was your favourite world?"
    "Timeless River"

• "I also liked Lilo and Stitch"

• Over 70 people were involved in the development of KH HD 2.5.

• Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are being developed simultaneously.

• They're doing the finishing touches on the cutscenes, trophies, and debugging.

• Kingdom Hearts 2.5 WON'T feature any new additions different from the Final Mix.

• 90 songs were re-recorded for Kingdom Hearts 2

• Birth by Sleep had a lot of environmental sound e.g. gurgling sound from fountains.

• Re:coded can be watched at once, or select certain scenes.

• "What Disney movie do you wish was added to the previous games?"
    "Frozen"

• Tai Yasue would like to exceed expectations for Kingdom Hearts games and make something special.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

By the way, did any of the staff here make anything for S-E this year, like the mini paopu fruits or Dream Eaters from years past? If so, I'd love to see some pictures of you guys' amazing art. If you don't mind, that is:)

Edit: Do you guys think the new challenges will work similarly to how the System Sector ones did in Re:Coded? Do you think we'll have to do them, or can we choose not to?

Anr12

Just Wondering is anyone translating the interview with Tai Yassue?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Just Wondering is anyone translating the interview with Tai Yassue?
If it's made available for viewing, we can type up a transcript.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Enjoy the first 13 and a half minutes of transcript because I have a headache xD

Mat: Hi everybody and welcome back to another Square Enix Presents segment. I’m glad you guys have been watching all day so make sure you subscribe to the channel and continue to watch throughout the other segments later today as well as Wednesday and Thursday. My name is Mat Kishimoto and I’m joined by the lovely Kaori Takasue and we’re here to talk about everything Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-.

Kaori: Thank you Mat for your kind introduction. For those that have just tuned in we are joined by Mr. Tai Yasue who is the Co-Director of Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-. So a few weeks ago when we found out that Mr. Yasue might possibly be joining us at E3 we reached out to the fans and asked you all “What question would you like to ask the developer, if you can, any question about Kingdom Hearts, what would that be?”
So in order to make our segment more personable and fun, he’s here today and we reached out to you, the community, and here are some questions.

Mat: Mr. Yasue, would you like to say a couple words about kinda your role in the team and kind of what you do.

Yasue: First of all I’m really excited to be here, a lot of passionate fans, I get to meet them. That’s not something we get to usually do while in development. What I do is I’m the Co-Director so I actually direct the day by day running of the team - development team - we manage the schedule and I also do a lot of the game design, overall game design, how the game plays, and I write that up and I do - well I communicate with Nomura - see what he wants to do and we sort of do ideas. We exchange ideas to make Kingdom Hearts really special. So I guess that’s my job.

Mat: That is awesome! So like Kaori said we just put the poll out on Facebook - 3 days, thousands upon thousands of questions, so our fanbase is super passionate and they’re super excited to talk to you. So lets kinda just jump into the first question.
So the most commonly asked thing on all of Facebook was “When is this game coming out?” so we’re so happy we can finally tell you guys that in North America…

Kaori: It is December 2nd 2014 this year.

Mat: And then in Europe it’s coming out the 5th of December 2014 so you only have to wait a couple more months.

Kaori: Yes, I’m so excited that we finally set the release date to engage and get attention of all of our eager fans. And speaking of fans, I wanted to kick off the first question to one of the most polite fans who actually left a message before his question. So Kyle V from Fresno ,America, you said this “Firstly I would like to congratulate the entire staff and active members of part of the Kingdom Hearts saga and say a big thank you for your time and dedication for all of the games you bring to us and amazing unforgettable moments each title brings.”
I think we all can say that to the team, right? Thank you.

Yasue: Thank you, actually.

Mat: Yeah thank you Kyle V. So his question goes into Birth by Sleep Final Mix. So this guy doesn’t even speak Japanese but he imported it from Japan. So “Birth by Sleep Final Mix was probably the greatest thing I was able to import. To be able to play for my PSP. Aside from new optional bosses and a secret episode featuring Aqua, I really enjoyed fighting in the Mirage Arena with my friends against No Heart and The Armour of Master. So PLEASE answer this question—” in all caps I kid you not, “will the multiplayer option in 2.5 be present in Birth by Sleep?”

Yasue: The multiplayer we took into consideration our schedule and right now we actually simultaneously making 2.5 and 3. And due to our schedule considerations we sort of wanted to let the player play on single player mode instead of multiplayer. Multiplayer takes a lot of time and we wanted to concentrate more on Kingdom Hearts 3 so we could speed that up. Although we actually changed — we wanted the players to actually play in the Mirage Arena so we actually tweaked it so a lot of the bosses would be enjoyable. We also tweaked the AI’s so they were more quick. And overall we added some new rules for example the challenge bonus which — there’s a challenge for each battle and if you clear them then you get some bonus medals. You could still enjoy it on solo mode.

Mat: Cool.

Kaori: Alright, okay, so, we have another question for you. This is from James B from Dayton Ohio USA; “will HD 2.5 ReMIX have a theatre mode?”

Yasue: Yeah, that’s something we really wanted to do. When we first wanted to create Kingdom Hearts 3 we made decisions to make 1.5 and 2.5 as well, and the reason for doing that was we wanted users — the players — to understand the story and so Re:coded is really an integral part of the story of Kingdom Hearts. So we added a 3 hour cutscene theatre and 2 hours of that is original and totally new so I guess that you get a lot of new content.

Kaori: Okay and when you say original and totally new, is it correct to believe that nobody in the whole entire world has seen those 2 hours of cutscenes?

Yasue: Yeah that’s right. It’s 2 hours. And also players that actually played — know the Re:coded story — there’s actually totally new story as well. A little bit added story for some of the backstories of other Kingdom Hearts titles in it. That’s sort of secret, but yeah. Sort of a back story, sort of. A secret episode sort of thing.

Mat: Okay that is awesome. I did not even know that. Uh so this next question, it comes form Jacob C from Toronto Canada. If you guys didn’t know, Yasue-san, he actually comes from Vancouver Canada.

Yasue: Yeah that’s right, I’m from Vancouver Canada.

Kaori: Represent!

Mat: A fellow Canuck. So “will the game mechanics from Kingdom Hearts 2 and / or Birth by Sleep be different from their original versions in 2.5 ReMIX?”

Yasue: Well for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix, we got really positive reviews so we really didn’t want to change too much. We really wanted to concentrate on grading it up to the PS3. We didn’t want to anger our fans, obviously, by changing it too much so we really concentrate on the graphics and the sound. We put a lot of man hours into that so that you could get a really premiere experience on the PS3 - on a big TV. So I thought that’s what we did.

Kaori: Alright so Mr Tai, the next question combines three fans who were curious about the challenges that you and your team faced on the development side. This question is from Ryan K from USA. “What was the biggest challenge in developing this ReMIX in comparison to last years 1.5 ReMIX?”

Yasue: Well for 1.5 we never made a HD ReMIX before, right, so we didn’t know how to make the system for the PS3. For 2.5 we didn’t have a lot difficulty programming the system and the way to make the workflow, so that was pretty easy, that was pretty smooth. What was difficult was we actually wanted to do more to grade up the quality of the graphics and the sound. We totally changed the polygons and the textures for Birth by Sleep, we use a lot more memory for that. Also for Kingdom Hearts 2, the textures have all totally been remade. So it’s a lot prettier, it’s a lot more vivid, and it’s really beautiful to watch. And also for sound I guess. That’s something we did. We put a lot of effort into it as well.

Kaori: Alright, and this kind of combines with that question from Ashley from Gravesend England as well as Brittany from Miama Florida; “What was the most important part in making 2.5 ReMIX for you?”

Yasue: Well I mentioned this before I think we didn’t really want to change what was good about Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix. So we didn’t really change the game balance or the major game system. We tweaked a bit but we really wanted to focus on making it a PS3 experience. We wanted to really exceed our players expectations from that so I think that it’s really gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous to play. So we really wanted to concentrate on that.

Mat: That’s cool. And even like some of the colours palates have been swapped.

Yasue: That’s right, they’re totally different yeah. For the PS3 the colours that you can use are far richer I think. And you get a really deeper experience with playing that. For Kingdom Hearts 2, I think, it was actually pretty at the beginning, the Playstation 2 version was really good too but I think really realises it’s full potential on the PS3, yeah.

Mat: Cool. Can not wait. Okay so we’ve asked you some difficult questions kind of about how the industry works and kinda about the challenges you guys have faced in developing, aside from the difficult stuff, this comes from Damien from Castlebury Connecticut: “What was the most enjoyable part about creating 2.5?”

Yasue: Well I guess the team from Kingdom Hearts 2.5, the programers are really funny I think. I like working with them. One of the guys is called Eggplant in Japanese. He has a purple house. He also looks sort of — he’s shaped like an Eggplant. So I think that’s something I really enjoyed talking with them, I like working with them, it’s really fun. I guess thats — yeah that’s fun. Well I guess one of the fun things is actually watching Kingdom Hearts 2.5 on the big screen. We check it right on a big screen with them and I think it’s sort of — it’s very emotional to learn that it has gotten a lot better.

Mat: That’s cool. Now kinda transitioning back into Birth by Sleep, this comes from Dean J from Conway, South Carolina: “How did you go about bringing a PSP game and porting it onto a PS3 in full Hi-Def?”

Yasue: Okay, well there are several steps I guess. To break it down easily, first what we do is we recompile the program for the PSP and we sort of make it into the PS3 version. And after that recompiling and fixing the code so you can add PS3 data what we do is we make tools for the graphical designers could actually change the data and so we do that. And after that we sort of fix it I guess and everything.

Kaori: Well to reach out to those Disney fans out there, Justin B from Clinton Township, New Jersey USA wanted to know “which Disney world was the most fun for you to create, Mr. Yosue”.

Yosue: Well I loved Castle of Dreams, actually. It’s from Cinderella. That’s one of the first ones I actually planned our game design right, so it’s really special for so I liked playing as a small mouse sized character in the house. Very three dimensional, very vast. I loved finding the different pieces for the dress — the material for the dress. It was actually very enjoyable for me.

Mat: Yeah I liked that level a lot just cause of the verticality and you got the kind of mouse holes.

Yasue: And I think that was — I really love environments that are very vertical and so yeah they’re not just flat I guess you go up, up, up. That’s something I really enjoy.

Kaori: Alright so more casual fun questions, Brittany from Miami Florida USA asks “what is the most favourite thing that the development team enjoys about being able to bring Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- to old and brand new fans and how does it allow for added possibilities?”

Yasue: Well what we really enjoyed, well for Birth by Sleep, we all really made the first version right, so it was very close to us and we really didn’t want to make any mistakes so I guess that was really special for us and for me I guess that Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth by Sleep, I think they’re one of my favourite titles for the Kingdom Hearts series and I think that a lot players also feel the same way so I think that was really enjoyable as well.

vitxras

I really want to es the official cover of 2.5. I'm a huge fan of the cover art of kh games

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I really want to es the official cover of 2.5. I'm a huge fan of the cover art of kh games

You and me both, man. Tomorrow is the "all eyes on 2.5" thing and last year they talked about 1.5's preorder bonuses and such. Granted, those had already been announced prior to E3, but maybe they'll have some reveals tomorrow, like preorder bonuses and the cover art.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Oh dang, less than an hour for the All Eyes on Kingdom Hearts event.

My body is ready

Is there gonna be a live stream for this event?

Last edited:

Bobjam

Awards

You and me both, man. Tomorrow is the "all eyes on 2.5" thing and last year they talked about 1.5's preorder bonuses and such. Granted, those had already been announced prior to E3, but maybe they'll have some reveals tomorrow, like preorder bonuses and the cover art.

I was actually going to ask someone, what exactly was talked about in last years eyes on thing for 1.5 apart from what you just mentioned? Gives me hope for that CE reveal alright =).

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always thought this image was poorly done, without a clear concept and looked very rushed. Aqua especially looks like she's on ecstasy.

Bp4JfJLCQAA-fPu.jpg

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/476829045519155200/photo/1

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

The "All Eyes on KH 2.5 HD ReMIX" presentation is starting now!

[video=youtube;XqL0e-Xx0xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqL0e-Xx0xk[/video]

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Fingers crossed for box art and collector's edition

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Are they really going through the entire saga instead of talking about new info they haven't revealed? If you're not a fan of the game you probably won't be watching this so there's no point to this

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Boring. Show me the art, I wanna see the art

tumblr_llaj1fufIL1qzjix8.gif

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

There are live comments on the side and SquarePresents just commented they have no preorder news at this time.

Are you kidding me

EDIT: Now they just commented they have no box art ready at this time. Screw this then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back